Headshoots Lunar Facility
- 2 (66.7%)
Hellcannon Gardens
- 1 (33.3%)
Bay12’s Jurassic Park.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon 2, and JPOG  (Read 60807 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
« Reply #435 on: November 02, 2020, 09:46:47 pm »

I'm not going to be updating tomorrow or the day after.

We're in the endgame now

May-July 2006

The raptors seem happier lately. They've been shifted toward the main herd so there's more prey to satisfy their aggression.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To my surprise, they were willing to share the kill with a Ceratosaurus without any fear or hostility.

As planned, we built a bunker to calm guests worried about safety.

Our ankylosaurs died of old age, undefeated after a lifetime of regular predator attacks.

Dinosaurs don't spend much time in the park ruins, but the dilophosaurs have moved back in for now.

Looks like the bunker helped. We've moved up to four and a half stars.

One of Jurassic Park's many butterflies.

Park rating:4.5 stars
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 03, 2020, 06:01:49 am »

Have any dinosaurs tried to attack the jeep tour yet or are they ignoring it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 03, 2020, 10:35:17 am »

Have any dinosaurs tried to attack the jeep tour yet or are they ignoring it.

They’ve just ignored them so far, though I don’t know if I’ve seen the southwest Jeeps in use and that’s where all the big predators are. I’ll check if there’s anything wrong with them.

*Since it looks like we may reach 5 stars and end the LP at any moment, I think it's best if I wait on this a bit more until I'm less distracted.

**Eh, I'll go ahead and play.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 09:14:18 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 05, 2020, 10:00:17 pm »

Maintaining the balance

July-October, 2006

I didn't know this was possible, but a rampaging Velociraptor took down a Ceratosaurus.

Dinosaurs become visibly decayed after dying. There's a cheat that allows you to use these skins to have an island of zombie dinosaurs.

The herbivores actually are feeding on the trees and plants around the island. Natural clearings like these gradually result.

Along with the normal plants you've seen before, we can create these prehistoric "paleo trees". They don't really matter much beyond preventing the now-impossible gastric poisoning disease and cost three times as much, so we don't normally use them.

The area just north of the old park inhabited by a small herd of assorted herbivores remains probably the most peaceful area of the jungle.

Everything pretty much runs itself now. We're just waiting for that last half-star.

An unexpectedly fair fight broke out between a rampaging Velociraptor and a hungry Albertosaurus. The raptor left the tyrannosaur nearly dead before the helicopter arrived to stop the rampage.

If one of the raptors is able to rampage long enough without being stopped or killed, they eventually become catatonic and quickly die unless rescued.

That one was saved in the nick of time by a medicine dart and happily wandered off. That yelp its doing is a "play" animation. The Velociraptor is the only predator that has those.

Predation is a constant fact of life in the jungle.

My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 06, 2020, 09:33:05 am »

Getting raptors might have been a bad idea as they just seem to go crazy constantly and now their killing shit they shouldn't be able to.

Do the guests still like the park and do their thoughts give any kind of hint as to what they might want to bring us to five stars?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 06, 2020, 09:59:20 pm »

Getting raptors might have been a bad idea as they just seem to go crazy constantly and now their killing shit they shouldn't be able to.

Do the guests still like the park and do their thoughts give any kind of hint as to what they might want to bring us to five stars?

They still like it, though I think we should try boosting security and decreasing the ticket prices a bit so more people can come in. We'll take care of that now.

Buildin' a sentry here!

October 2006-February 2007

We've lowered the cost of entry to $4,000, to see if that helps us get to five stars.

Well, it betrays everything we hold dear, but if we want to get to five stars we're going to go ahead and stop charging people two dollars every time they go to the bathroom.

If a dinosaur swallows a person or a smaller dinosaur while you're tracking them, the location indicator goes to the predator's stomach before vanishing.

Going back to King Zultan's question, there is a visitor summary, but it's unhelpfully vague most of the time.

Since the guests like safety, we've added 10 automated sentry turrets to sections of the guest area.

We'll probably never see them in action, but they can be forced to deploy from their bunkers for a moment by taking control.

I didn't know this could happen. One of our tour vehicles suffered a breakdown in the field and we were forced to drive it back manually.

This proved extremely easy, since it was only a few seconds away from the garage.

The park-fortress.

*Given the historic nature of the day, no new update today. We'll be back to our normal schedule tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 02:03:15 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 07, 2020, 02:03:50 pm »

Hope no spies come around and mess with our sentries.

Also would building a dispenser more restraints, gift shops, and bathrooms help any, or maybe some of those security cameras you mentioned at one point?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 08, 2020, 09:51:25 pm »

We can try it, but we are limited by how much stuff our guests can actually use since there's so few of them.

The final pieces

February-September, 2007

We've added some free shops and security cameras to try and get that last bit of fame.

We're also offering balloon tours for free, since we need the boost more than the money.

The guests all seem happy. It might be that all we have to do is wait.

One more nudge, we've created three more Brachiosaurus around the island so more people see a five-star dinosaur wandering around.

And then, in August of 2007, we finally made it.

Tomorrow's update will be a guided tour and end the LP.

A Velociraptor taking a short break from its constant urge to kill.

Park rating:5 stars! (Again!)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 09:29:43 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 09, 2020, 03:40:33 am »

Aw yeah we've achieved the five stars!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 09, 2020, 06:01:26 pm »

Nice Ceratosaurus

It reminds me of the old Dinosaur Safari game. Ceratosaurus sometimes required the dinosaur call.

I am surprised at the complete success of a Jurrassic Park venture. Dinosaurs seem to end up where they are not usually supposed to be in JP more often than not.

I feel like this game could have used something like Dungeon Keeper 2's possession spell so you can play the raptor who is angry at tourists.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 06:05:59 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 09, 2020, 11:38:28 pm »

Finale

September-December, 2007

"My name is John Hammond, and I'd like to personally welcome you all to an adventure 65 million years in the making. Welcome to Jurassic Park."

"Let's begin with one of our scariest attractions, Carcharodontosaurus. Its dark scales and jagged teeth make quite an impression, in my opinion."

"Only one other animal on the island can frighten the Carcharodontosaurus, and here she is. Spinosaurus, the largest terrestrial predator to ever walk the earth."

"Of course, not everything in Jurassic Park is all imposing teeth and nightmare claws. Some are peaceful creatures, such as this sailbacked Ouranosaurus."

"Peaceful should not be taken to mean defenseless, as the spikes and shields of Stegosaurus can attest."

"Such defenses are quite necessary, as savage Velociraptors use their ferocity, talons, and cunning to take down game much larger than themselves."

"Other animals use camouflage to survive, such as this cautious Dryosaurus."

"Our Brachiosaurus rely on simply being too big for any predator to bring down."

"Larger than the Velociraptor and more maneuverable than the Spinosaurus, Ceratosaurus maintains its place among the mighty hunters of Jurassic Park."

"The long necks of Camarasaurus allow them to graze from the very tops of trees."

"Gallimimus has been seen moving in large flocks, just like a bird."

"A truly unique animal, the Dilophosaurus bears head crests, a startling frill, and poisonous spit."

""All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small...""

"Despite many challengers, nothing in Jurassic Park has ever managed to defeat an Ankylosaurus in combat."

"Albertosaurus represents a smaller, more nimble cousin of the mighty Tyrannosaurus rex."

"Before we go, perhaps we could take one last look at the very first dinosaur ever cloned in Jurassic Park, Pachycephalosaurus."

The Board of Directors salutes you.

Park rating:5 stars

And that's it for this LP! Thanks to everybody who came along for the ride, I've had a lot of fun building these zoos with you all.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 12:10:43 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 10, 2020, 08:20:38 am »

That was fun I like the way it was set up in the end.

I will say the game seemed rather restricted with what you could do with it because of the console related limitations they had in place, I wonder what the game would have been like if they hadn't done a console version.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 10, 2020, 12:17:16 pm »

This may be my favorite screenshot from all the zoos so far. Lovely colors, and the tall walls rising to protect a collection of functional buildings from the deadly environment reminds me of a certain other game I like (if there had been more drinking, temper tantrums, and stuff to do underground).

I, too, enjoyed how the park setup turned out at the end. The only missing bit was the limit on the number of dinosaurs, I kept hoping for cinematic levels of spectacle.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 10, 2020, 09:13:36 pm »

Glad you liked it!

This may be my favorite screenshot from all the zoos so far. Lovely colors, and the tall walls rising to protect a collection of functional buildings from the deadly environment reminds me of a certain other game I like (if there had been more drinking, temper tantrums, and stuff to do underground).

I, too, enjoyed how the park setup turned out at the end. The only missing bit was the limit on the number of dinosaurs, I kept hoping for cinematic levels of spectacle.

That was one of my favorite screenshots too.

As for the console-induced limitations, Prehistoric Kingdom should be coming out eventually. It's a PC-only modern game that resembles a dinosaur themed version of Planet Zoo. I'm looking forward to playing that one someday.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 10:19:47 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]