Headshoots Lunar Facility
- 2 (66.7%)
Hellcannon Gardens
- 1 (33.3%)
Bay12’s Jurassic Park.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon 2, and JPOG  (Read 60507 times)

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 builds a zoo:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2020, 01:42:44 pm »

I'll go with Small Volcano.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2020, 07:26:03 pm »

Hmmm, so the small volcano is inactive, right? No lava to speak of?   

If that's the case, I'm voting for excavation, since that just seems so right after you said "strike the earth" and all that jazz.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2020, 08:56:36 pm »

Alright, Excavation seems like a clear winner.

The Dig.

January, Year One.

287 Drogman Lane has always had a reputation for unfortunate events. Every business founded here before has failed. The previous owners of the land were the Marsh & Sons construction company. Officially, their lease indicated that they intended to build a skyscraper here and lease it out to businesses to improve the struggling neighborhood's economy. However, it was not to be. After the construction had made it a few hundred feet down, OSHA complaints from Marsh & Sons' workers resulted in an FBI investigation of Marsh & Sons that ultimately shut down the project. Shortly thereafter, the EPA had the entire site filled with concrete, stating that it was necessary to control toxic material Marsh & Sons had leaked into the ground.

The excavation site has now stood empty for several years. Recently, the city conducted tests of the underlying soil and rock and has declared that all of the material left behind by Marsh & Sons is finally gone. In response, Mayor Mason commissions a new project to beautify the area. Calling the jagged and bare pit of Drogman Lane an eyesore, Mason calls to "fill that old pit with life."

That's where we begin. Per King Zultan's suggestion, our first exhibit will be a combination of Thomson's gazelles and plains zebras. I'll make sure to leave room for this exhibit to grow. If we're doing a multispecies Savannah enclosure, there's several herbivores who will live together happily.

I'll normally just do before-and-after pictures, since construction looks about the same every time. This time though, I thought it'd be fun to show the process.

I started by expanding our path a little and then building a large enclosure. This is much bigger than they usually need to be, but I expect there'll be a lot of animals in here soon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Placing the first two gazellas, along with the necessary savannah grass and fences quickly wiped out our starting money. Thankfully then the emergency funding drive event gives us an extra $5000 $10000 dollars. Like I said before, this only happens once.

Our first guests arrived as I planted umbrella acacia trees for our gazelles. Both gazelles and zebras prefer tall grass to trees, but we don't have that plant yet.

After the two gazelles were happy, I put in the first two zebras. The zebras were happy with the same conditions as the gazelles, so I didn't have to change anything for them. Our first exhibit is now complete.

Once that was done, I added some early necessities to our zoo. Before anything else, I hired our first zookeeper to keep the animals fed and healthy. "Dorfings" are now open, on a first come first served basis. I can give you a requested job, or just whatever we need. I've also built a rainforest-themed restaurant. This will be one of our most important buildings. Smaller food stands are actually unnecessary liabilities. All trash is produced by food stands, so building only restaurants erases garbage collection as a gameplay mechanic. Restaurants also generate enormous amount of money while fulfilling every guest need, including resting and needing to visit the restroom. We'll need to build more later on, as our guest count grows too large for this one to handle on its own.

We do still need maintenance workers though, or the fences will eventually break down and the animals will escape.

We're very low on money now, but we're turning a profit. Within days of completing the exhibit, the gazelles had our zoo's first baby.

What would you like to do next?

A gazelle prancing cheerfully before onlookers.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 10:35:12 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2020, 09:06:19 pm »

Can you rename restaurants?

Herbivores are great and all, but we need some carnivores to really get the crowds going. No idea what kind, but put em across from the meat exhibit so they can admire each other.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2020, 09:09:29 pm »

Salutations I am the giraffe god, I speak for the giraffes
Now give us a pen embassy location

:P
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2020, 09:10:15 pm »

Lets stick with herbivores for now, specifically ones who can share the enclosure with our current animals. We’re low on funds.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2020, 09:38:00 pm »

Yes, all guest buildings can be renamed.

Speaking of, what should we name our zoo?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2020, 09:52:31 pm »

Let's call it Boatmurdered and get some elephants up in this bish   

I dunno, but I would like to be dorfed as our first maintenance worker, known only as 'Old Mate'.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2020, 09:56:49 pm »

Zoo Name: Underground Utopia

Suggestion for animals to place with the zebras and gazelles: Sable Antelope and Giraffes

God of Giraffes, you will have your embassy

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2020, 10:02:42 pm »

After the dorf-themed start, I'm thinking about what animals would go along with that.

Perhaps more usefully, with our steep terrain we can consider a Highlands exhibit space? Mountain lions look to be a reasonably priced predator.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2020, 10:20:31 pm »

Yes, all guest buildings can be renamed.

Speaking of, what should we name our zoo?
No idea, but I'll take the restaurant as Banana Dan's Flin and Flan.

Unless that's too long, in which case I'll probably wait around for a scientist or whatever's most likely to fall into the giant anteater pit and be devoured.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2020, 11:31:14 pm »

+1 to naming the zoo Boatmurdered
Suggestion for animals to place with the zebras and gazelles: Sable Antelope and Giraffes
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2020, 12:44:07 am »

If you need workers for the restaurant, I'll call dibs on one of them.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2020, 02:44:44 am »

+1 To naming the zoo Boatmurdered and getting tonnes of elephants.

Also I always did vending machines in the beginning of the game because they were cheap, so in the spirit of that get a soda machine and name it after me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2020, 06:15:56 pm »

No, it must be the Genericville Zoo. I also suggest we call our restaurant "Juainos's Nacho Shack".
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30