Headshoots Lunar Facility
- 2 (66.7%)
Hellcannon Gardens
- 1 (33.3%)
Bay12’s Jurassic Park.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon 2, and JPOG  (Read 60578 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
« Reply #390 on: October 21, 2020, 12:01:39 am »

Oh, ok. It's a good idea, but we can't really place fences that close together.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 21, 2020, 12:02:45 am »

Not even with a small space between?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 21, 2020, 12:26:02 am »

Not even with a small space between?

Smallest possible gap is three fence sections, or more than 20 feet I think. It’s really not a big deal, I get a message when a fence goes down and can replace them instantly. Even then, predators have to be hungry and not distracted by other prey to eat people.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 21, 2020, 01:49:01 am »

No wonder the dinosaurs got out in the movie, all of the fences are made of cardboard spray painted silver!

I say we upgrade to the "high security" fences which I'm assuming are made of pressboard and aluminium foil.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 21, 2020, 09:00:44 pm »

Long necks

July-December, 2002

Time to introduce Ceratosaurus.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The new dinosaur appears to have pushed us over the edge to four stars. We've got one last dig site to choose.

Per the concerns raised over our cellulose-pigment alloy fencing, we've begun researching stronger fences.

Through use of the fossil market, Brachiosaurus is now at 100% and Velociraptor is now at 96%. This completes Morrison Formation B and leaves Flaming Cliffs nearly finished, so we'll rely on the fossil market for the last bit of Velociraptor we'll need and send all our teams to Morrison Formation A in search of Stegosaurus and Dryosaurus fossils.

For some reason, a Dilophosaurus suffered a seizure. We deployed the ranger chopper and shot the animal with a revival dart, fixing the problem. I'm guessing the issue was that it didn't sleep for a long time, making it unhappy, which stressed it until it eventually collapsed.

(John Williams intensifies)

The Board remains cautiously optimistic.

To combat some minor complaints about crowding, the path in the predator area has been widened. The older section of the park is a bit too built up to comfortably change, and it's all temporary anyway if our plan is still to ultimately release the dinosaurs into the jungle and convert everything to a hub for tours.

Dryosaurus bones are very cheap, so we went ahead and stocked up in the fossil market. Grant has pointed out that this meant we are running a bit low at the moment on space, since all our treasure is crowding the fossil area. We may have to sell some. Oh well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. The surplus Dryosaurus fossils will all be sold when we hit 100% in a moment, and we can easily just get rid of the relatively low-value silver.

I've been meaning to catch a shot of the Dilophosaurus spitting at the goats, but no luck yet. They do it, but you have to watch them for the moment they get hungry and there's nothing for them to eat already.

We've begun upgrading to high security fencing. It's extremely expensive, so it'll take a bit. We're on our way though, starting with the herbivore exhibit since it's the largest.

We've released a herd of Dryosaurus.

Things are progressing rapidly lately. Brachiosaurus and Dryosaurus have boosted us to 4.5 stars. Before we choose our last dig site, all other dinosaurs have reached 100% with the exception of Stegosaurus and Velociraptor, which are at 50% and 96% respectively. Velociraptor has its last fossil on the queue in the genetics lab, so we'll have them ready next time. Since Velociraptor is one of the most popular animals among guests, I suspect we'll hit five stars next update or the one after.

Brachiosaurus towering over the fences and trees.

Park rating:4.5 stars
Spoiler: Park map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 10:08:38 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 22, 2020, 12:46:17 am »

I'm leaning Chelini.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 22, 2020, 05:07:40 am »

Chelini looks good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 22, 2020, 07:53:42 am »

I'm going to buck the trend and vote Judith River Group B.

As impressive as Spinosaurus is, I feel Tyrannosaurus is somewhat more iconic. Just look at our logo. And while leery of leaning so much on American sites to the exclusion of the world, I'm not convinced the abundance of predatory species in the Chenini formation will foster a stable ecology.

On the other hand, I do like Spinosaurus quite a bit and think more people should know about it, and given the lifespans of our critters we'll probably be pumping up new batches regularly anyhow. So it's only a slight margin of preference.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 22, 2020, 09:16:41 am »

It's actually the Ouranosaurus that clinched it for me!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 22, 2020, 10:57:40 am »

And, as mentioned earlier, I wanted Triceratops but not it's dig site. Styracosaurus would be an ugly-duckling replacement in the ceratopsian category.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 22, 2020, 07:44:09 pm »

The Greatest Theme Park in the World

December 2002-March 2003

Our final dig site will be the Chenini Formation, and Velociraptor has reached 100%.

We'll wait a moment to build a high security enclosure. For the moment, we've upgraded the ceratosaur fences.

The Board is pleased with our progress.

Our Velociraptor exhibit is built, we just need $21,750 to afford a full pack.

I like how active our herbivore pen always is.

We've got our last Stegosaurus fossil going through extraction, so I went ahead and hurried things up by selling our silver to fund the Velociraptors. Fittingly enough, the skies darkened and rain started to fall just as the first one emerged from the lab.

Having finished all other digs, our fossil teams have been deployed to their final location in the Chenini Formation. Once we've got all the fossils we need there, we'll keep them digging to provide extra fossils and valuable minerals for us to sell. This site's two big predators should provide a lot of valuable bones to sell. Honestly, I was hoping you'd all pick that site. I'm looking forward to Carcharodontosaurus.

I almost forgot after releasing the Velociraptors, but we now have Stegosaurus as well.

The fossil market brought in a new shipment, so we snapped up all the Ouranosaurus fossils since Maximum Spin was interested in that dinosaur.

There's also three Carcharodontosaurus fossils available, but those can wait. I suspect victory is imminent. While we were doing that, Grant found an amber in the Chenini Formation. It's low quality, but guaranteed to be a dinosaur we don't have yet. Aside from the fossils, the fossil market has three pieces of Cretaceous amber left from either Judith River Group A or the Flaming Cliffs. No reason to ever buy those.

The amber got us to 34% for Ouranosaurus, and fossils boosted it to 50% moments later before continuing to skyrocket.

The screen then faded to black.

We'll continue playing for now, of course. We've still got dinosaurs to recreate and a stable ecosystem to build. I have been wanting to ask about the plans for our changed park first. First, do we still want guests? Our fossil hunting results are actually so profitable that we no longer need visitors to afford to run the park. If we want, we could make everybody leave, knock down the fences, and let the dinosaurs take over the island. (Though I think we should use the helicopter to intentionally place the dinosaurs around the island, rather than releasing all of them in the same place. That'll help them get started.) Secondly, if we do want to continue letting humans visit the island, do we have to have the actual Jeep tour? A fleet of balloons and viewing domes could cover more ground with much more safety, and we could place the rebuilt park in the central mountains without needing to worry about providing a route for the cars that way.

A Dilophosaurus hisses in triumph over a fallen goat.

Park rating:5 stars!
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 11:38:21 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 22, 2020, 08:08:25 pm »

I would prefer to still have visitors, but it doesn't need to be many, and I'm not too fussed if they leave alive.

Actually, is there a sustainable level of human-eating we can get away with? If possible, we should attempt to reach it.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 22, 2020, 09:30:07 pm »

I say we should use a balloon fleet. It allows us to essentially do the free-reign dinosaurs while still getting visitors.
We can just say that we're only accepting guest researchers or something :P
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 23, 2020, 06:05:03 am »

Let the people stay, but lets put the people in the cage and let the dinosaurs have free reign over the island.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 23, 2020, 08:33:31 am »

I've wanted balloons from the start. I don't care about land vehicles.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30