Headshoots Lunar Facility
- 2 (66.7%)
Hellcannon Gardens
- 1 (33.3%)
Bay12’s Jurassic Park.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon 2, and JPOG  (Read 60779 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
« Reply #420 on: October 29, 2020, 09:23:42 am »

Could the file your looking for be in %appdata% because I've noticed somethings like to shove crap in there.

I wonder why the velociraptors get butthurt so easily?

I checked %appdata%, didn’t find anything there. I also switched on “show hidden files and folders”, but that didn’t help.

As for the raptors, predators’ urge to hunt is an actual need in this game, separate from hunger. Predators must regularly kill prey to avoid stress. The island is big enough that the raptors often fail to find prey before their unusually short timers run out, which drives them into a rampage. Normally, this is solved by their being unable to leave their feeder. The game also includes a “Site B” mode for the ecosystem-building we’re doing now, which removes stress IIRC. Site B doesn’t allow guest buildings, however.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 09:49:07 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 29, 2020, 03:13:43 pm »

Is it practical to put more goat stations around the island? If they need to kill so often, then feeding them dinos may cut too deep into our profit margin. Otherwise, I think we may end up penning the Velociraptors, as you said.

Optionally...
Put it off for a little bit. We could tolerate minor rampaging so long as they don't damage anything too valuable, like a hatchery. (Or, just spitballing here, like a Jeep.)

After all, we've got the dinosaurs under complete control at all times. We're a division of Ingen, (re-)creating life forms is what we do and we're good at it. Every possible precaution has already been taken. Tell those rangers to get back out there and do their job, let us worry about reporting to the Board.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 29, 2020, 09:01:21 pm »

Raptors can't destroy buildings or cars. We'll let them roam, then. We defy fate to stop us! I'd place more goat dispensers, but we're already at the cap of 8.

A three hour tour

November 2004-May 2005

The dinosaurs killing each other is a major strain on our income, but thankfully our entry fees and fossil hunting is enough to keep up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, the guests not currently on tours have been getting annoyed with not getting to see enough dinosaurs.

We've expanded the guest area a bit and added a couple new attractions in an effort to compensate.

While we were working on that, a photograph we took from a balloon earned $4,507. We can get good money by taking pictures of the big herds, but there are diminishing returns if we overdo it.

At least the guests do seem very happy after going on the tour. (That Jurassic Park thought represents "thrilled".)

I'm talking a lot about all the problems we're encountering in attempting to build a pseudo-natural world, but on the whole things are actually going pretty well. We're back up to three and a half stars, and the slight adjustments to the park seem to have done a lot for keeping the guests mostly happy. We did resort to waiving the fee on the Jeep rides. I'm doing an experiment to see if that helps us.

I'm almost hoping something happens to this Jeep. Its route takes it by the raptor hatchery and is coincidentally 666 meters long.

Despite our $1,000 ticket prices, crowds are becoming an issue again.

You know what that means!

Even quintupling our entry fee didn't seem to hurt us. I'd have increased it further, but the game cuts us off after that.

Our finances are doing really well lately. Despite constantly spending thousands of dollars on new dinosaurs, we're turning a profit anyway. Our treasures are starting to build back up, and we've hit the cap for tour rides.

A safari into the old park encounters Pachycephalosaurus.

Park rating:3.5 stars
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 29, 2020, 10:51:45 pm »

Raptors can't destroy buildings or cars.
Pity.
Oh, er, I mean, of course they can't! The safety of our guests is our paramount concern.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 30, 2020, 06:53:33 am »

How many people need to be in the park for people to complain about crowding, because looking at the screen shots there seem to hardly be any people there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 30, 2020, 01:02:38 pm »

Raptors can't destroy buildings or cars.
Pity.
Oh, er, I mean, of course they can't! The safety of our guests is our paramount concern.

Spared no expense.

How many people need to be in the park for people to complain about crowding, because looking at the screen shots there seem to hardly be any people there.

I don't know the exact equation, but it has to do with the size of the park. We have a fairly small one, so they're harsher about crowding. I think our $5,000 tickets and additional rides will probably solve the issue.
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 30, 2020, 08:57:37 pm »

The stomping land

May-November 2005

Things seem pretty stable. At the moment, we're just watching the dinosaurs roam and letting our situation gradually improve.

Despite the constant predator attacks, I've been reminding myself to also show you some of the more peaceful moments.

The raptors are calmer than usual at the moment. The pack seems to have staked out an area near a goat dispenser, so they can kill as much as they like.

We sent the paleontologists to Morrison Formation A after realizing that it's still got plenty of material. We don't need it for DNA, but it'll provide a welcome (if temporary) boost to our income.

Annnd...a raptor went berserk and killed a packmate. At least we can afford to make more.

Just after we calmed the raptor, we reached four stars.

To help finish the job, we've added two new Brachiosaurus to the northern half of the island. Being both extremely famous and virtually immune to the violence plaguing the other dinosaurs should make them a worthwhile investment.

Interestingly, this lone Gallimimus was briefly the only inhabitant of the northwest corner of the island. In general, the dinosaurs seem to favor the southwest and northeast corners at the moment.

We spotted the Spinosaurus carrying a live, struggling goat around after a successful hunt.

It then wandered carelessly into range of a Stegosaurus' tail.

A brief battle then broke out until the Spinosaurus took a hit and backed down in search of easier prey.

Turning up the entry prices so high has put a major dent in our guest count. We currently have about 18-20 guests at a time, bringing in only about two people per arrival. Still, as long as our profits and fame continue to rise, maybe being exclusive will work out for us.

The Albertosaurus were hunting a herd of Gallimimus. Things suddenly went wrong when the Carcharadontosaurus charged in, chased them away, and stole the prey.

Sail backs.

Park rating:4 stars
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 10:18:23 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 31, 2020, 06:16:57 am »

At least with there being so few people there we don't have to worry about shit loads of people dying if shit starts going down.

Also what happens if we hit the max number of all buildings and dinosaurs?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 31, 2020, 08:53:02 pm »

At least with there being so few people there we don't have to worry about shit loads of people dying if shit starts going down.

Also what happens if we hit the max number of all buildings and dinosaurs?

I'm not sure, I've never tried it. It would require building 1800 fence lengths, along with a bunch of useless devices like security cameras.

The Saga of Sarah

November-December 2005
(Alternate timeline:November 2005-January 2006)

One of our balloons crashed in the southwest jungle after being struck by lightning.

(I had never in 17 years of playing this game known that lightning directly causes crashes. I always thought it was just a random chance during a thunderstorm. I had to reload back a few moments when the game crashed, so this is the first time I've ever seen the balloon fall.)

A single passenger was inside, a Thrill Seeker named Sarah.

Thankfully, our helicopter was already in the field on a mission to calm a rampaging raptor. The Carcharadontosaurus and both Albertosaurus were nearby, but Sarah was rescued unharmed after a few moments of running panicked through the jungle.

However, I thought it'd be interesting to see how she'd fare without help. So I made an alternate save and just let her wander around the jungle to see what would happen.

Immediately following the crash, Sarah left the site immediately and ran into the woods. I'm no survivalist, but I'm fairly confident this is considered a bad move.

She started out scared but alright, constantly hoping rescue would arrive. Her needs became worse and worse as time dragged on.

She then began wandering vaguely westward, often interrupted by running away whenever the more dangerous dinosaurs approached.

When she reached the river, she mostly just stood motionless for a long time as dinosaurs wandered all around her.

She was forced to move again when the Dilophosaurus pack chased her away.

She ran north a bit, spending some time wandering around on a Jeep trail and in the river.

No cars came by, but the helicopter and balloons passed overhead.

She survived a few encounters with hungry predators, mostly thanks to distance or the dinosaurs choosing to eat each other instead of her.

Her luck couldn't last forever, though. Eventually, her adventure came to an abrupt and unceremonious end at the jaws of a passing Ceratosaurus.

She lasted about three months in our jungle in the alternate timeline. Probably better than most people could do, really.

Red in tooth and claw.

Park rating:4 stars
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 03:59:39 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 31, 2020, 09:51:59 pm »

...a Thrill Seeker named Sarah.
Well, I'd certainly say she found her thrills.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 04:19:38 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 01, 2020, 11:37:15 am »

She lasted about three months in our jungle in the alternate timeline. Probably better than most people could do, really.
That island doesn't seem big enough to get lost on for three months, she must have been staying away from the park on purpose because she wanted to be killed and eaten or something.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 01, 2020, 08:46:16 pm »

That island doesn't seem big enough to get lost on for three months, she must have been staying away from the park on purpose because she wanted to be killed and eaten or something.

I guess she really was a Thrill Seeker.

Pax Dinosauria

November 2005-May 2006

There wasn't really much to say about the first months of the new year. Guests toured in vehicles and the dinosaurs went about their lives in the wild.

We recently passed $150,000 in profit, and we had to sell some of our less valuable treasure just to make room for more. We're currently making far more money than we ever did in the old park. Only thing left to do is regain our five star rating.

I usually don't call much attention to them, but our carnivore feeders have given the island a decent population of goats and cows.

Guests have some mild concerns about safety, so we've moved the ranger station into the park proper so they can see it.

We experienced one of our periodic heat waves in April. No serious consequences, but it gave the sky a nice orange color for a bit.

Just a peaceful couple of months.

With the exception of the constant violence, of course.

A particularly daring Gallimimus darts around the head of a resting Carcharadontosaurus.

Park rating:4 stars.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 08:47:58 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 01, 2020, 08:54:49 pm »

How is park rating actually determined?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 01, 2020, 10:19:15 pm »

I’m not sure precisely how it works, generally just “improving” the park is enough. I think improving our safety rating would be best for getting our score up. Is it ok if I resort to adding an emergency bunker?
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 02, 2020, 04:04:44 am »

I guess we can give those snowflakes their safe space.

Also constant violence is the best kind of violence!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30