Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Arcane Mechsuit Testing - Gratuitous Explosions  (Read 6815 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Mechsuit Testing - 0/6
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2020, 01:54:03 pm »

"Why don't we just be friends? Haha, there's no reason for us to kill each other! We could probably just use all this power to bust outta here~" Nyoom says, clearly not the least bit concerned about anything that's happening.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 02:00:54 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Mechsuit Testing - 6/6
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2020, 01:57:21 pm »

I should probably specify that the first module, U1, is where your right arm would be, and the second entry, U2, is where your left arm would normally be. Similarly, L1 is where your right leg would be, L2 where your left leg would be.

This may take an advantage away from people who had already figured that out, but I don't think messing around to puzzle it out would be particularly fun or interesting for anyone.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2020, 01:59:14 pm »

Don't worry, I found a way to work around needing that knowledge anyways. ;p
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2020, 06:44:45 pm »

Spoiler: Philip (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2020, 10:11:51 am »

Bloodaxe's giraffe leg turns into a second toxic gas nozzle. The device on his lower torso begins to hum and whirr, and a series of large white walls, several feet high, appear in a semi-circle around him. He ducks behind these, only the ends of his toxic gas nozzles poking over the top.

Green gas starts to flood the arena, much of it pooling low on the ground, streaming towards Inmate 7025144 and Treb.

You've used up all your charges creating walls and changing your mech. Your core will slowly recharge, but you won't be able to change modules until the end of next turn.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

As you'd expect, you now have two gatling guns mounted on your shoulders. Instead of a right leg, you now have what looks like a huge iron cannon, except instead of firing cannonballs, it launches globs of magma. Your left leg is now a leg again, but made of fragile glass.

Bloodaxe's gas is going to reach everyone else before you, and that won't be for a while in any case, so you don't attack him. Instead, you fire the gatling weapons into the air, generating enough force to slowly slide around the floor. It's not ideal, and it's certainly not better than walking in the standard mech, but it works.

7025144 hits some buttons while glaring at a camera
Instead of a right arm, you now have what looks like the barrel of an iron cannon, except that instead of firing cannonballs, it sprays molten rock. Your mechanical left arm now culminates in a huge steel stake mounted on a giant piston.

Your bottom half is still the same jet and anti-gravity combo.

The toxic gas flowing over the floor of the arena is going to be a problem very soon unless you move away from it.

Spoiler: Do Things (click to show/hide)
Your right arm now culminates in an automatic net launcher. Instead of a left arm, you now have a giant kangaroo leg. You still have the anti-gravity device on the bottom of your core, but it is now joined by a propane tank, capable of firing a stream of highly flammable gas at someone or something.

Teleportation module active.

Nyoom runs towards you, one arm a staff, the other one some kind of acid gland. With a flash of purple light and a whoosh of displaced air, you teleport away before he reaches you, appearing close to the spot your assailant started in. Teleportation costs two charges, but you regain one from your core's generator.

"Why don't we just be friends? Haha, there's no reason for us to kill each other! We could probably just use all this power to bust outta here~" Nyoom says, clearly not the least bit concerned about anything that's happening.

Your mech now has a standard humanoid lower half, with an acid gland on the right side of your torso, and an occult staff on the left. Running over to Treb proves fruitless, as he teleports away before you can jump on him. You fire a magic missile towards the source of the toxic gas flooding the arena, but the glowing spell harmlessly bounces off a newly-created wall. It costs one charge.

The toxic gas will become a problem very soon, unless you move away from it somehow.

There are no other rooms visible, it's just this huge circular arena. Nobody attacks you specifically, though if the person flooding the arena with toxic gas doesn't stop, it will eventually reach you.

Your right arm turns into the laser cannon that your leg used to be. Your left arm turns into a huge steel mace, perfect for crushing and smashing.

The bottom of your core now ends with two sophisticated looking devices covered in hard plastic and flashing LEDs.

Automatic wall creator module charged and ready.
Automatic wall creator module charged and ready.

You'd be terrifying if you could stand up.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 10:18:20 am »

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2020, 11:51:19 am »

((Posting to watch. Looks interesting. I see we already have some fun going.))

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2020, 08:34:39 pm »

RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2020, 09:00:27 pm »

Spoiler: Things! (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2020, 09:03:06 pm »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2020, 04:00:35 am »

Draignean?
TricMagic?

I don't mean to bug you, and I understand if you haven't had time to post recently, but short and scrappy RTDs like this do generally work best if they move fairly fast.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2020, 07:53:23 am »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2020, 04:43:37 pm »

Sorry, been busy.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2020, 12:35:46 pm »

You revert to the original mech loadout, and make a running leap towards the walls, through the growing pool of toxic mist. You catch the top of a wall with your mechanical fingertips, and haul yourself over.

Your core takes damage, as the poisonous mist invades and corrodes the filters letting air in, before neutralising the toxin and purging the gas from your suit.

Poison gas won't cost a charge. The only modules that cost charges are the ones that have a "charged and ready" announcement.

You continue to pump poison into the arena. It now fills a fairly large proportion of the space.

Then suddenly three people drop into the safety zone you created, and one of them detaches both your arm-modules with a massive piston-loaded steel spike.

You have regained a charge.

You try to fly into the walled off section, but one jet proves insufficient for both lifting and directing your bulky and oddly-weighted form. Activating the anti-gravity field solves this problem, as you then just have to point the jet where you want to go. So you easily jet over to the walled section, stabilising yourself against the side of the arena, and let yourself drop next to him. The floor cracks a little as your massive steel torso smashes into it.

It takes a second for the molten rock generator to heat up, and you are right next to your target, so you opt for the simpler option of swinging the massive piston-loaded stake at him.

2+1 vs 1-2

Inmate 7025144's giant steel stake smashes twice into a prone and largely immobile opponent, Bloodaxe's wooden arm doing a frankly terrible job of moving him out the way. Both of Bloodaxe's upper modules are detached at the base, reverting to the default steel humanoid arms as they fall uselessly to the ground. He's left with just the wall creator and one toxic gas vent.

Sorry, been busy.

((NP, stuff happens))

Nobody aggresses you, so you continue to skid around the floor like a giant dodgem that runs on .30 rounds.

Your glass arm turns into an outsize crossbow. Practically a siege weapon. Almost the size of the magma creator it accompanies.

Spoiler: Things! (click to show/hide)
4 +3

Your lower half turns into two outsize kangaroo legs, while the upper section of your torso now bears a giant suction pad and a propane tank with an aimable nozzle.

Running through the toxic gas takes little time, and your mechsuit only sustains a small amount of damage, thanks to your new legs. You clear the walls in one bound with your powerful legs, and unleash a stream of pressurised, extremely flammable propane into Nyoom's mechsuit as she struggles over the wall, completely immersing her in a cloud of incredibly potent explosive gas. Except you don't have any way to light it. A single bullet or spark would do. So could happen any time, given someone is currently engaged in firing gatling rounds at the walls and ceiling.

Your right arm turns into an articulated steel limb with a slim metal tube on the end.

Monatomic blade generator charged and ready.

Your left arm is now a very pink gas tank, with a rainbow-coloured ring symbol on the side. Tiny wisps of equally pink gas escape from it, and your core's air system sucks in a few wisps before the purifying filters turn on. You briefly feel very happy, and the walls wobble a bit, before quickly returning to normal.

The lower half of your core now culminates in a wall generator and a bizarre chitinous organ that I'm just going to tell you sprays webs.

Even if you had something that could fire precisely at that range, the thick cloud of green poison gas between you and Bloodaxe would make the shot extremely difficult.

Nobody approaches or aggresses you. In fact, the only person you can see is R*Bert. The fact that his arms are outsize miniguns is intimidating, but his commitment to using them as a means of locomotion is less than terrifying. A few loose rounds that have ricocheted off several walls and lost most of their velocity do ping harmlessly against your core, but there's several inches of steel between them and anything important.

And before anyone tries, if you try to attach a module Bloodaxe just lost while someone attacks you in close range or also goes for the module, you won't manage to attach it. You need at least a tiny bit of breathing room to attach a module.

There's nothing stopping you just grabbing it and leaving though.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2020, 02:44:07 pm »

There's nothing stopping you just grabbing it and leaving though.
Can we do that without a hand?
Can we even attach a module without a hand?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4