Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Arcane Mechsuit Testing - Gratuitous Explosions  (Read 6934 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Mechsuit Testing - Gratuitous Explosions
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2020, 03:31:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2020, 04:01:53 am »

So it took me long enough to get around to making a sheet that I figured I'd make a new post to make sure it isn't missed.

Spoiler: Sheet for Waitlist (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2020, 04:30:37 pm »

Concede.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2020, 06:09:03 pm »

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Mechsuit Testing - Gratuitous Implosions
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2020, 06:59:09 pm »

Concede.
You type "concede" into the mechsuit command line. Your core implodes into a single incredibly dense ball of matter, instantly crushing any attached modules.

The incredibly heavy ball of metal drops peacefully to the floor, leaving small cracks. What remains of Nyoom is presumably inside.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
You create a series of large magma globs, protecting a slice of the arena from toxic gas.

Your left leg changes from a toxic gas tank to a long wooden stilt. You still can't really walk, but I think we've established that you're committed to alternative locomotion methods.

Spoiler: Philip (click to show/hide)
Your right arm is now a web shooter. Your left arm is now a net thrower.

Philip finally commences hostilities by firing the web slinger at R*Bert.

1 v 3-1

He misses, but now has a length of flexible, elastic, unbelieveably strong spider silk extending from his arm and attached to a spot on the wall near R*bert. Would probably make a workable zipline if pulled taut and attached to a wall. It's basically really strong, quite stretchy rope you can stick to stuff. Make of it what you will.

R*bert retaliates by, predictably, firing both his gatling weapons at Philip.

5 vs 6+2

Philip dances about on his platform, but doesn't have enough room to dodge properly, and takes a spray of bullets to his legs, knocking one module off and damaging the other.

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)
Inmate 7025144 and Bloodaxe go for one another, Bloodaxe managing to strike first with a huge giraffe leg that appears from nowhere.

5-1 v 4-2

Bloodaxe knocks his opponent straight off the column, kicking his stake driver off in the process. 7025144 descends rapidly towards a very hard floor covered in toxic gas.

2+1

He fires the jet wildly, sending him careening off a wall and into the ground, but slowing his fall so he can land safely. His core takes some damage from the toxic gas flooding the breathing apparatus. His tribulations are still not over, as Treb, now hanging from the wall above him, almost within reach, fires a volley from his crystal cannon.

1 vs 3-3

A stray shard of crystal scores a line down Inmate 7025144's core, scratching it, but the majority of the blue crystals Treb fires hit the ground next to him. They shatter into hundreds of tiny shards, which begin to grow, starting to form a bed of long, sharp crystal spikes. The tiny bits of crystal lodged in 7025144's core also grow, damaging wires and circuits until the mechsuit ejects them.

Bloodaxe keeps going with the toxic gas until his tank runs dry, figuratively speaking. Literally speaking, demonic tech never runs out of power or ammo. So just lots more toxic gas, really.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: player stats (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2020, 07:40:56 pm »

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Mechsuit Testing - 6/6
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2020, 09:20:28 pm »

Spoiler: Philip (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2020, 03:34:42 pm »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2020, 04:04:13 pm »

Spoiler: R*Bert Actions (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]