Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Website down?  (Read 1195 times)

Fendralor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Website down?
« on: June 30, 2020, 04:14:27 am »

Hello everyone,

I can't reach the homepage of Bay12. Which kinda sucks, since I wanted to download the newest version of DF. Is that just me or do others have that problem (DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN) as well? Do I just have a routing problem (happened a while ago once when something DNS related broke in my region somewhere, but I switched to the cloudflare dns servers since then, which seem to function well) or is that a general problem at the moment?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Website down?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 04:38:21 am »

Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Fendralor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 04:48:45 am »

Ah, I didn't see that. Not much of a twitter user myself.

The download from the web archives does indeed work, thank you very much. :)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 12:59:25 am »

Looks like the final migration has mostly worked.  I've also set up the dffd.bay12games.com redirection, so that should be working too.

The bug tracker is not working yet.  It's just giving me an internal error that I have no leads on yet.  I've managed to get an additional backup of the database, which seems to have transferred over fine, so that's good, but I'm not sure why the php isn't working.

error is "SoftException in Application.cpp:388: UID of script mantisbt/login_page.php is smaller than min_uid"

Supposedly this relates to the ownership of the files, which had been transferred to root during the migration, but changing them all to the account owner of the DB didn't fix the problem.

edit: And fixed it, maybe?  There was a problem with group permissions.  I don't particularly understand any of this, but the practical tutorials/etc. for linux stuff on the web are pretty thorough.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 01:44:50 am by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!