Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wiping Out Sites  (Read 1744 times)

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wiping Out Sites
« on: June 30, 2020, 02:39:30 am »

I'm using a pair of high-level adventurers to wipe out all the non-dwarven civilizations, or at least weaken them so that I can finish them off with missions.

So far it's extremely tedious. The civilians don't defend themselves until I strike first. Elf 2 will do nothing while he watches me hack the limbs off Elf 1. There doesn't seem to be a central leader that I can kill to disband the site. The only way to end the war seems to be grinding down unarmed civilians one at a time, by the hundreds. It's tedious to kill them all, and it's even more tedious to find them all.

Am I missing something here? Is there some way to make all the residents of a site attack me? Is there some way to empty a site without murdering every animal and civilian? Is there some faster way of winning these wars?

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiping Out Sites
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 04:53:55 am »

Dwarves in fortress mode can handle those tedious civilians pretty well. Its their leaders that occasionally give some troubles.

Engage the patrols around locations, often camping at night in tents and visible as asterisks. Refugees look similar but are often unarmed. Patrols are hostile if your civilization is at war with theirs. After killing patrols for a while, more recruits show up. Time for next location.

If your civilization is not at war, you will just get notorious as a killer when you cull the numbers. Some might want to kill you for it. Some worship you for it. They are just as likely to fight each other as they fight you.

Sending all clowns back to the circus is the ultimate end goal for some adventurers. If you manage that, in theory everything becomes conquerable in fortress mode. Be warned that some clowns protect themselves with near impenetrable amounts of lag though.

Murderkill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiping Out Sites
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 02:45:45 pm »

My own plan is to kill any and all civs, for elves I use a dwarf fort or two to massacre their population because I can't be bothered climbing up 2000 individual trees; other than that I go around killing dwarf, human, and goblin by [my adventurer's] hand.
This is the tedious and, as far as I know, only way to do it.

My last adventurer had 3300+ kills. thats not even counting the hundreds of trolls and random wildlife not counted under sentient kills. AND the only reason that run ended was because DF got an update, I was so completely willing to agonizingly slowly kill thousands and thousands more, one by one
Helps if you attack at night, when the majority are sleeping and won't run off.
Stay determined, and godspeed.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 02:47:22 pm by Murderkill »
I name all my adventurers Daven.