Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to raise the agility attribute?  (Read 2283 times)

Murderkill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to raise the agility attribute?
« on: July 22, 2020, 02:49:22 pm »

I've done research and found grinding strats for strength, endurance, and toughness (all three are at superhuman now) but I can't find a reliable guide for raising agility.
Any tips?
I name all my adventurers Daven.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: How to raise the agility attribute?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 06:05:23 pm »

I assume you've tried swimming and throwing/archery. I'm not sure what Climbing trains, but it's reasonably easy to grind also.

Agility is usually the stat I pump highest on character creation - the extra speed can save your life in a pinch!
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 06:30:29 pm »

Crutch-walking? Wiki also says that all combat skills except Biter and Armor user raise agility.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 12:39:04 am »

i usually fill my backpack with small rocks until my walking speed drops below 1.0, and then (using more rocks from the ground, not the "training weights" in my bag) create sharp stone, throw it, create sharp stone, throw it...

the sharpening and/or throwing seems to raise agility, kinaesthetic sense and spacial sense pretty well, and also trains a combat skill (which was useful for enlisting companions, back before you could just start with a party).  and doing it while encumbered by the backpack full of rocks seems to raise strength and endurance

are there faster ways?  maybe?  but once you have a rock in one hand, and are standing on a tile with rocks, the get rock/sharpen/throw combo is a pretty simple macro.  play it a few hundred times and you've got yourself a little training montage before you set out into the wilderness

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 12:31:21 pm »

I usually just sneak up to a weasel and hold onto it for a day before heading back to a hamlet for the night and repeat until my armor skill is legendary. You need armor and maybe a shield though, or it'll mangle your fingers/toes/face.