Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Immortal Sceletons?  (Read 637 times)

fruitspunch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Immortal Sceletons?
« on: June 30, 2020, 05:08:02 pm »

I'm a new player playing my first fortress.
 So I have had this happen: I had an undead siege and afterwards, some sceletons remained. My dwarves hid inside the whole time. Then a titan came and fought the sceletons. The undead consisted of 2 echidna sceletons (who fought the titan) and some sceletons made from dwarves who were visiting me (who were walking around). After 2 years they were still fighting. Then I decided to send my soldiers out and we got every sceleton apart from the those 2 and also killed the titan (who was already near death). However, the echidna sceletons just won't die. Now I already lost a couple of dwarves to them. When I view the details of the sceletons, I see a huge number of injuries (maybe 100), but they still don't die and keep killing my dwarves.
So, is there a special way to deal with sceletons ? Are they immune to normal weapons maybe? Intuitively, the sceletons from a small animal shouldn't be so hard to deal with.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Immortal Sceletons?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 05:44:46 pm »

That's a bug specific to echidnas. Once they curl up, you can't kill them. Try the DFHack command "exterminate this".

fruitspunch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 05:57:24 pm »

Thanks! Wow, I managed to run into that kind of specific bug immediately.
I don't have an old save but I guess I can pretend that the dead dwarves died while fighting the titan.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 08:00:28 pm »

Even if this is your first fort, you should consider changing the AUTOSAVE setting to SEASONAL. If you saw some echinadas, you are likely to see more.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?