Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarfs not equiping high boots  (Read 6110 times)

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfs not equiping high boots
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2020, 10:23:20 am »

Yes, silver is better for crushing weapons, if you have silver (and silver can't be used for armor anyway). Armor slowdown ceases to become an issue once dorfs have trained the armor use skill sufficiently, which means leather armor may well be more suitable than "better" armor for recruits. Once the armor use has been trained, however, more protective armor is better.

The ores available at embark depends on the ores available to the civ, which depends on the ores in the vicinity of the civ's starting fortress (i.e. the geo biomes in that vicinity). You can shop around by doing careful embarks with each dwarven civ available at embark to see what they can provide, backing out after checking (or continuing if what you see is good enough for you).

Does Leather armor wear out like clothing?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfs not equiping high boots
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2020, 02:41:14 am »

Yes, silver is better for crushing weapons, if you have silver (and silver can't be used for armor anyway). Armor slowdown ceases to become an issue once dorfs have trained the armor use skill sufficiently, which means leather armor may well be more suitable than "better" armor for recruits. Once the armor use has been trained, however, more protective armor is better.

The ores available at embark depends on the ores available to the civ, which depends on the ores in the vicinity of the civ's starting fortress (i.e. the geo biomes in that vicinity). You can shop around by doing careful embarks with each dwarven civ available at embark to see what they can provide, backing out after checking (or continuing if what you see is good enough for you).

Does Leather armor wear out like clothing?
No. Leather clothing does, but leather armor/boots do not. Armor can be damaged in combat, of course, but that goes for any armor. Also, it's possible leather armor might be subject to organic decay (i.e. degrade over time, with one level every 20 years (at least approximately).
Pages: 1 [2]