Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Bay12 Motor Company: Let's Play Automation [Castle Motors: COMPLETE!]  (Read 59724 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Motor Company: Let's Play Automation [2020: Finale]
« Reply #285 on: September 19, 2020, 01:03:04 pm »

Great run! Shall we do it again next update?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #286 on: September 19, 2020, 01:24:11 pm »

Okay, video!

I only drove five cars this time out. In order of how much I liked them:

5. The Beast. It's quick in a straight line but man, does it not enjoy changing directions. At least I didn't roll it!
4. The Duke. Comfortable and refined, but not a great track day car.
3. The Fey Lord. It goes, but it's too much car for me to handle.
2. The GT. It was only ten seconds slower around the track than the Fey Lord, but much easier to get there. Composed and clean the whole way through.
1. The Carp. The handling is just superb, and it's tuned just right—not quite so refined as the GT, so you can get yourself into trouble, but not so much so that it's undrivable.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 04:13:27 pm by Fishbreath »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 19, 2020, 04:04:16 pm »

That's some powerful evidence for the debate on whether you drive the Fey Lord or the Fey Lord drives you. Parts of that experience looked almost surreal to me.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #288 on: September 19, 2020, 04:27:56 pm »

That's some powerful evidence for the debate on whether you drive the Fey Lord or the Fey Lord drives you. Parts of that experience looked almost surreal to me.

The Bay12 GT gets up to 140 miles an hour into/past the Slingshot. The Fey Lord is going 140 miles an hour between Adam's Apex and Cossack, which is barely even a straightaway. It's a different kind of speed.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 19, 2020, 07:27:03 pm »

Good job controlling the Fey Lord as well as you did, @Fishbreath, that was quite a handful to drive and very entertaining.
     It is definitely not a car that likes to be driven idling under 140 mph.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 07:28:44 pm by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 19, 2020, 07:47:34 pm »

Okay, video!

I only drove five cars this time out. In order of how much I liked them:

5. The Beast. It's quick in a straight line but man, does it not enjoy changing directions. At least I didn't roll it!
4. The Duke. Comfortable and refined, but not a great track day car.
3. The Fey Lord. It goes, but it's too much car for me to handle.
2. The GT. It was only ten seconds slower around the track than the Fey Lord, but much easier to get there. Composed and clean the whole way through.
1. The Carp. The handling is just superb, and it's tuned just right—not quite so refined as the GT, so you can get yourself into trouble, but not so much so that it's undrivable.
Aw, you missed the Hauler mk3. Actually it's probably not that exciting to drive (though for a FWD van, it sure rotates when you want it to). But, when you brake hard the nose dives right into the ground, it's rather funny. I did chuckle at the bit about adding fixtures after you've bought the car... coming without headlights or door handles would explain how we sell our cars for so cheap.

Of course, I'll have to agree that the Fey Lord was WAY too much for me, but then again I couldn't manage a clean lap in the Carp. If I was designign it for Beam so I could actually drive it, it would have TONS of downforce, but the Automation markets like barely any so we can advertise it as have a 280mph top speed.

Now that this has finished, I was wondering, how many people would be interested in a succession game? That might be a fun way to get a little Automation going without committing to a huge thing.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #291 on: September 19, 2020, 10:03:43 pm »

Of course, I'll have to agree that the Fey Lord was WAY too much for me, but then again I couldn't manage a clean lap in the Carp. If I was designign it for Beam so I could actually drive it, it would have TONS of downforce, but the Automation markets like barely any so we can advertise it as have a 280mph top speed.

Not limited by engine power, either, it's just 280mph is its takeoff speed.

The trick with the Carp is that it's highly inclined to throttle-on oversteer on the way out of corners. Gentle inputs are key.

I don't know if I'd take part in a succession game, but I'd certainly follow along with one.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 20, 2020, 01:22:05 am »

what a trip this was, gg and all. hope to see a 4.1 redo!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 20, 2020, 04:28:46 am »

I'd read a succession game but I couldn't participate as I don't own the game.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 21, 2020, 04:39:04 am »

I'm up for participating in a succession game.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 25, 2020, 10:19:40 am »

I've made a thread for a succession game on the Automation forums. If you're curious about the upcoming game updates, there's a new video out today.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 25, 2021, 07:31:37 pm »

I've made a new let's play, this time in video form! Spoilers, this is a uh, one-chapter let's play. My attempt at 100x difficulty didn't go so well. But, I intend to be trying again, so once again I'm taking user input- what country should I start in, and what sort of vehicles should I make?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Motor Company: Let's Play Automation [New Video LP]
« Reply #297 on: February 25, 2021, 08:39:51 pm »

vans and shitboxes please
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 26, 2021, 01:22:02 am »

The ugly rectangle is the ULTIMATE CAR SHAPE!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2021, 10:31:58 pm »

Why not premium ugly rectangles?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23