Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Bay12 Motor Company: Let's Play Automation [Castle Motors: COMPLETE!]  (Read 59743 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Motor Company: Let's Play Automation [New Video LP]
« Reply #300 on: March 06, 2021, 01:37:51 am »

Ugly rectangles will be the new face of luxury!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Motor Company: Let's Play Automation [New Video LP]
« Reply #301 on: March 10, 2021, 03:41:18 am »

Here's another video! True enough I did my best to orient towards offroad vehicles, while still playing 100x difficulty... did it work? You'll just have to see.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Motor Company: Let's Play Automation [New Video LP: 2nd Attempt]
« Reply #302 on: March 10, 2021, 11:56:29 am »

As I said on the tubes, its great, I love it. Please Sensei, I want some more...
Something is deeply, deeply wrong with me to like cubes and shitboxes as much as I do...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 20, 2021, 10:29:48 am »

A new episode is up!

In this episode, we encounter bugs, and we encounter an F credit rating, and I learn that I probably need to shorten my play sessions!

I find myself once again in need of suggestions for next episode, as well!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 21, 2021, 02:34:56 am »

If you need inspiration why don't you look to the most beautiful car ever made, the Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 22, 2021, 08:15:38 am »

Also known as Geoff
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 28, 2021, 06:13:40 am »

I'm weird enough that I find our brick trucks appealing in a function > form sort of way. Don't let those "art" people lecture you about "looks" or "aesthetics"; most of them are starving anyway. And don't let any physicists fool you with all that gobbledygook about "aerodynamics" either: so-called "air" resistance can't possibly matter to electronic people driving electronic cars. We're computer car consumers, we can compute that extending the frame increases the volume. Practicality FTW!

Hl_Handgranate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 28, 2021, 06:32:13 pm »

Thanks for the beautiful thread! Would buy a Bay12 anytime, world-class engineering and public relations, great test-driving-footage
“A floor is just a wall that’s horizontal. It’s the same thing.”
“That’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever said.”

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 31, 2021, 03:25:48 am »

just fyi there's something wonky in the sale model, I doubt 150% desirability affects anything in the sales beyond the user interface numbers. I've tested out with a budget shit commuter, that was scoring 34 the highest, has desirability 21% after som year, and sales still outstripped factory production, at a solid 33% markup:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

can't test further as the game crashes under my ass at the first retrofit.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 15, 2021, 01:23:30 am »

Sales models are VERY wonky right now- that I'm aware of! I've discussed it a good bit on the official discord, I suspect that the total number of buyers is far more than the total number of cars being sold by all companies right now.

Anyway, it's not the next Castle Motors video, but I did make another video: Driving AI cars! This focuses on using the AI generator for cars that's available in campaign mode, so it's the same sort of cars that you're competing against.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 15, 2021, 06:11:16 am »

Sales models are VERY wonky right now- that I'm aware of! I've discussed it a good bit on the official discord, I suspect that the total number of buyers is far more than the total number of cars being sold by all companies right now.

Anyway, it's not the next Castle Motors video, but I did make another video: Driving AI cars! This focuses on using the AI generator for cars that's available in campaign mode, so it's the same sort of cars that you're competing against.

Only problem with your analysis is that it assumes that player cars actually translate well into Beam.  They don't.  I can make a sedan that customers in Automation tell me handles great, and it'll fly off the road in Beam.  Or maybe the point was to analyze whether AI cars translated well into Beam, versus player created ones.  Should also remind everyone that Automation and Beam are made by two different companies.  Its fortunate that they managed to coordinate enough for cars in Automation to be driven in Beam, but that is about all the coordination they've accomplished so far.  Considering both games still need quite a bit of work to get to completion, the conversion isn't likely to get better anytime soon. I don't even think they have the same publisher. Entertaining video!

Both are self-published...so yeah.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I'm well aware that exporting Automation cars to beam is a little like running them through google translate. Driving around campaign cars is really a "just for fun" sort of thing.

I got way behind on my video editing, I'm planning to do another campaign video soon but first I'm chewing through my old footage of other stuff I meant to make into videos. Here's Automation Live Racing #6. I actually have footage from #7 to edit still as well!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got pretty much all caught up on my videos faster than expected!

Here's Chapter 4 of Castle Motors!

We're entering the 1970's and it's a big turning point for the company. We've got some new technology to work with, including (throttle body) fuel injection! The Sport Utility (plus Premium and Luxury variants) market is opening up soon, and this could also be an opportunity to hit Offroad Premium and Utility Premium effectively. So, I'm taking suggestions as to what sort of car we should make next.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Motor Company: Let's Play Automation [Castle Motors 1971]
« Reply #314 on: May 14, 2021, 11:57:18 pm »

I saw the video and actually lunged to watch it. Which was a tad odd, but ahwell.

As for what we might want to make, I suggest the '75 2.8m jeep-thing as a direct replacement/upgrade for the Portcullis, the '75 2.3m jeepie boi for the Throne replacement and as our entry into Utility Sport, and the '75 2.5m van as something to shove in the next factory we build, if possible a new medium factory on a plot we can turn into a large.
 It would be nice if we have the same engine for everything. I'd like it to be a boxer, but well, thats up to the rest of yall, innit?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23