Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: Bay12 Motor Company: Let's Play Automation [Castle Motors: COMPLETE!]  (Read 58190 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Motor Company: Let's Play Automation [Castle Motors 1993]
« Reply #330 on: June 15, 2021, 06:26:43 am »

Yeah, thats one option. Im slightly in favor of trying for an actual vehicle body and not a shipping container on wheels thistime(I know, what? From Aseaheru, proponent of "bigger brick van"? What is this madness?)

So, supercar(or atleast down towards GT land) based around, oh, the modded '98 2.8m body, called 'Ayrudzi' or 'Nakharar'. If we want something thats laser focused and for sure going for supercar land, the 00' 2.7m looks good to me. I still require slightly less vestigial screaming from all our Turkish naming...

I also really think that expanding body types for existing vehicles is a good idea, particularly the Basillic and Kalemegdan. And if we do that, particularly if we can find a delivery bodytype for one of them, then we can gracefully retire the Barbican in favor of the 00' 2.8m jeep-body called the Ravelin.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 20, 2021, 06:01:05 pm »

I finally managed to get the video uploaded.

It's supercar time!

Coming up next we really need to figure out what to do about the garderobe. It's selling poorly and might need to be replaced entirely. I've never made a shitbox car that failed to sell this badly! We also have a few interesting bodies coming up, maybe it's finally time to make that car that actually sells to Sport Utility Premium?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 20, 2021, 06:06:18 pm »

Hey, ah, Nakharar isint Turkish, its Armenian... So, same chunk of land(ish), but different language and culture(mostly, ish). So is Ayrudzi.

Anyways, onto to useful topics:

I think we are contractually obliged to have a Hummer. Anyways, call it the Ataman or the Effendi?

The '02 3.1m peoplemover/van as the Kalemegdan V2, sure.
 If you feel like a Garderobe replacement is warranted, I don't actually think that 1.1m. Instead, I'm looking at that '02 2.2m thing just under the Kalemegdan V2 body is probably a better choice. It at least lets us make variants to help with filling that insatiable need for vans that people seem to have.

Only other things I think I can suggest is perhaps getting different body options of the Nakharar to cover convertible markets or the like, but that would need extra factories and all...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 06:36:34 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 29, 2021, 08:56:04 pm »

Episode 10!

We've finally managed build Garderobes that aren't being sent directly to the scrapyard, and we have two new models. There's only time for two or three more episodes, so now is the time to build anything we just have to try as a capstone for the company.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Motor Company: Let's Play Automation [Castle Motors 2005]
« Reply #334 on: June 30, 2021, 03:58:31 pm »

Ooh, more vans to build...

So, first off, I feel we really need to try to corner that passenger fleet market. A variant of the Kalemegdan might handle it, but I am also looking at that '11 2.8m vehicle as somewhat of a Garderobe upgrade/replacement. I am also side eying the square '11 2.5m vehicle for hitting light delivery and more standard car markets, might be something worth looking at, and I think it might be interesting(or atleast giving rather more content) if we do both, with the light delivery/utility/car vehicle being the Vacharrakan and the medium/heavy delivery van-brick being the Banvor as, yeah, shitboxes.

Speaking of smacking some more markets, a variant of the Garderobe marketed as a city car is an idea I think is worth pursuing, and (might) be a quick thing to throw on in?

The last vehicle I can really come up with thats not nonsense is replacing the Basillic, probably as a more or less direct upgrade in its markets. Call it the Effendi, use the '11 3.0m thing thats right after the cubes, and also make versions of it for other muscle markets, perhaps even a pony.

On the total bricks, long bois and the limo, eh, dont think we really need them and I think they are slightly too old to be working on from there. Only other bit of nonsense I can think of us doing is taking that '09 3.0m racecar and build, well, a track car out of it, using(of course) a boxer for its power to drive you nuts show that boxers can do fast too. Call it the Tsovinar perhaps?
 Going for maximum score would be nice though, as would maxing out marketing.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 21, 2021, 11:48:11 pm »

Are we... BACK? Oh yes we are!

Episode 11!

And it only took a week of trying to upload the video! Wooow!

This is the last call for suggestions. I didn't get around to replacing the garderobe last time, so it may be time for a proper shitbox that actually works. Or a monster-SUV, or a supercar that really maxes out our boxer tech.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 22, 2021, 02:39:34 am »

A super box and a mega shitbox sounds like the way to go.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 22, 2021, 08:25:21 am »

I dont think I have any different suggestions from the last bunch I made
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 04, 2021, 11:47:28 am »

Here it is: the Finale!

It even ends on a twist... lmao

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Motor Company: Let's Play Automation [Castle Motors: COMPLETE!]
« Reply #339 on: August 05, 2021, 09:22:58 am »

Yeah, thats a twist allright. It was amusing to see how some of the vehicles preformed going about.

So, ya planning on another go-round of this eventually?
Highly Opinionated Fool

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 05, 2021, 10:19:01 am »

According to my calculator, you deserve 97% congratulations for finishing out that campaign!

I wonder why hardly anything ever sold in Archana? At least the Garderobe...? Was there a super established home company resisting the Gasmean invasion? Is there even any way to see details on who your competitors are and what they're doing?

Although that final screen did show that selling two, count 'em two, Super cars in Archana covered 247% of the market. Our salesforce not only convinced the one guy who was waffling over whether to buy one, they persuaded some other dude who never wanted a super car to get it, too.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 24, 2021, 12:25:30 pm »

I don't know exactly when I'm going to start up another one of these. I wanted to take a bit of a break from Automation, or at least the campaign, until the next update. Originally the next big game update was rumored to come out (in beta form) by as early as the end of this month, but now it sounds like they are aiming for December. Even then I'm not sure I want to start another LP with edited videos, they take a long time to put together. I might be willing to do one in unedited live stream format or something.

I'm honestly not sure how I want to format it either. I've been just recording gameplay and then editing it down to an acceptable length, but it still results in massively long and rambling videos. I might want to start doing a little more detail in some areas (like putting fixtures on each car and driving them in Beam) but I think for this to be palatable in video format, I'm going to start having to plan ahead more about how much time I want to dedicate to each segment, and maybe start doing some stuff off-camera entirely. For example, after the first car made in the series I might skip engineering and factory setup entirely unless something unusual happens there.

But, I don't actually know what's a good idea, honestly. I'm not sure if I'm best off trying to make videos snappier and easier to watch, or just try to make a niche of being the person who goes really in detail on everything.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 24, 2021, 01:34:43 pm »

I like how they have been being done, it seems like a nice balance(and gets me nice long videos to watch)
Highly Opinionated Fool

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 13, 2021, 07:38:37 am »

(Just a little late replying 8))

I agree that the length of the videos has been pretty nice for me, there's enough in each episode that it feels like progress. As for content, you're in a bit of a bind. Watching you slide sliders maybe is not the most exciting thing on the internet, yet much of the campaign gameplay consists of sliding sliders. I watch because you have a nice, quality narration to go along with it. Driving in Beam is cool, but I want to be sure the Automation side of things is still happening.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]