Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100]

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 178636 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1485 on: December 23, 2023, 02:33:39 am »

Sat down to play modded Terraria and stopped 10 hours later. Got reminded why I hate Steam Workshop the very next day. Its such a joy to see "The Stars Above was updated from 1.4.6.8 to 2.0.0.1!" upon launching a game, immidiately followed by "This character has not started in this world. Want to synchronize? Y/N". Good thing I haven't started with it before then and didn't really know what it is or was.  :P And, hell, at least it seemingly unfucked itself.

No changelog for mod in Steam, because author loves Steam not. No links except piecemeal one to Discord either, because Steam hates modder also. Modding in general is all about hatred, you know.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 03:02:53 am by MCreeper »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: December 23, 2023, 02:13:15 pm »

I recently started up Warframe to check out the latest update.

At first glance, very much like all the other updates since the Plains. A new Hub, and some new NPC's giving missions and selling goods in exchange for the unique currency I get from these missions. And a new dungeon tileset, with slight variants on old game modes and a bunch of new hidden treasure rooms to discover.

However, after giving the update a bit more time I found that it does stand out a bit. Many of the new monsters have multiple destructible hitboxes, which makes combat against them feel a bit more dynamic. There's a new set of melee mods adding a timed heavy-attack gimmick which is fairly satisfying to execute. And the NPC's actually have some interesting drama that unfolds gradually as I level up their faction.

Overall this update feels like the best thing to happen to Warframe in years.

EDIT:
Last night I discovered that the recent updates have added several new weekly rewards, and that was the last night before the new week. Next thing I knew it was 5 hours past my bedtime. I regret nothing.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 03:27:15 pm by Folly »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: December 25, 2023, 04:12:16 pm »

Darkest Dungeon 2. First thing that came to mind was Little Goody Two Shoes, of all things. Art and animations are wonderful, but the game is not present. Second was Lobotomy Corporation, as I noted with mild surprise that after it this kind of grotesque freakery is nothing but admirable to me.

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel
« Reply #1488 on: January 20, 2024, 04:14:22 pm »

Palworld. Take it with a grain of salt, but I've read that its lead developer cites Dwarf Fortress as his favorite game.
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 20, 2024, 06:18:59 pm »

Got into Age of empires 2 lately. Its nice how slow the things are, so its a lot more about strategy than APM for an RTS.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 20, 2024, 07:10:39 pm »

Modding in general is all about hatred, you know.
I do

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 20, 2024, 08:45:30 pm »

Playing a bit o' Dark Tide. It's not the kind of thing the gang can play for 6 hours straight but it's pretty good these days.

Also a ton of Monster Hunter World. Finally getting through Iceborne. Appropriate for the weather. I probably still have hundreds of hours in that game of getting layered armor sets.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100]