Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Realistic modpack  (Read 882 times)

Wieniawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Realistic modpack
« on: July 07, 2020, 10:51:24 am »

Is there a modpack that makes the game more realistic - makes food spoil properly, plants to grow realistically fast and wounds to take a realistic time to heal?

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Realistic modpack
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 11:03:44 am »

It depends on exactly what you mean by realistic. There are lots of mods out there. And if none of them suit you, you can make your own.

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
Re: Realistic modpack
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 12:19:04 pm »

DFhack has plugins for the first two, but I've never seen anything about the last. You could probably just do a quick raws-mod for that, since there's the recuperation thing. You'd wand to post something like this in with the rest of the attributes for dwarves and any other creature you want to have slow healing.

Code: [Select]
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:RECUPERATION:10:20:30:40:50:60:70I'm not sure what exactly you'd want the numbers at, but 1000 is median default healing speed (not for dwarves, which heal a little faster on average), and each number in the code is the range that each dwarf heals at. So a dwarf that heals somewhat faster than average would have 60ish recuperation, and a dwarf that heals slightly slower than average would have 30ish. It works a bit different than that so that numbers other than the ones you've picked will be chosen, but but basically think of it like that. For really slow healing you could try the exact numbers I have.