Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Design the flag for Forum Games and Roleplaying subforum  (Read 1608 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Design the flag for Forum Games and Roleplaying subforum
« on: July 05, 2020, 07:22:13 am »

With the help of some Bay 12 artists we are now a little closer to realizing the taverns scene that functions as a clickable hubmap to various prominent threads for the subforum. (while other subforums often pin more threads than we do here, last time it was brought up, the consensus was to favor less pinned threads to show more game threads on the first page, and the hubmap is to help as one additional alternative)

However, there is this banner in the tavern that is very...green. And nothing else. In continuing with this physical representation of the FG&RP, I am curious what should go there.

You guys have made some incredible flags for Arms Race factions. And so I decided to see if someone with some artistic talent would like to help in designing the flag for the forum. To be featured in the hubmap tavern in the only pinned thread we have any control over.

Here's some recommendations for design, based on a Ted Talk about good flag design:

-A flag is not a crest, it should be simple enough a child could draw it/be recognizable from far away.
-No words
-It should be full of symbolism.
-Think National Flags, very simple and symbolic!

SUBMISSION TEMPLATE

Feeel free to submit more than 1. I'll run a poll when we have a decent pool of submissions to choose from, and I might try my hand at designing a few myself. Add a description of all the symbolism in your flag. Remember, that FG&RP, while it exists within the Dwarf Fortress forum, it is actually very separated in that discussion or in our case games, rarely have to do with the game or even dwarves. Forum games can be sci-fi, or abstract, and a flag would do good to reflect that variability. But that's just my opinion, in the end it can be anything you want, and if people like it, hey you may help create the first user created flag for the subforum, waving proudly in the virtual breeze!
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu