Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game crash at embark  (Read 4670 times)

DerSchlund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Game crash at embark
« on: July 05, 2020, 04:31:09 pm »

Hi there,

the last couple of worlds I generated caused some frustration for me. After embarking and preparing careful I hit e to embark and the on the screen I see the text that I have arrived ... the usual stuff.
Then, when I'm hitting enter the game just crashes.... and half an hour of preparation was for nothing.

It also seems, that at this point the whole generated world is defect, cause usually I can't embark on other places anymore without the game crashing.

I would like to know if this is a known bug or something or if some settings to generate the world or finding you embark point causing this. One think I also do on a regular basis is to rename the folder in which my new world is saved. Can this cause any trouble?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Game crash at embark
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 04:55:22 pm »

Are you using any mods or newb pack? There was a bug report about crashing on embark, but it turned out to be caused by Text Will Be Text, a 3rd party hack that comes with some newb packs.

One think I also do on a regular basis is to rename the folder in which my new world is saved. Can this cause any trouble?

I don't think so.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 04:59:45 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 05:00:52 pm »

One known cause of regular embark crashing is using TwbT when embarking. You can usually enable it after having embarked, and I haven't heard of it resulting in a corrupted save.

DerSchlund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 05:07:28 pm »

I use the lazy newb pack. But I don't know if TwbT is running and I don't now how to find out. :(

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 06:13:03 pm »

On the LNP launcher, go to the graphics tab. At the bottom, a button probably says "Print Mode: TWBT". Try changing that to 2D or Standard.

DerSchlund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 03:28:12 am »

The problem got fixed. It seems that TWBT was indeed the reason for the gamecrash et embark.

Thank you very much.