Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Undwarves: Play more exotic, than usually with dwarves  (Read 5344 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undwarves: Play more exotic, than usually with dwarves
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2020, 09:19:51 am »

I'll buy some if they are being traded in a caravan, but I won't embark with any.

If you add the wood ethics back in, and change the title of the "tax collector" to "merchant's guild representative", then their job is just to tell you whatever is happening in the world around you rather than facilitate trade.  Maybe those are the items that the fortress is allowed to trade with other nations.  As a kind of "price fixing" using "artificial scarcity". 

However, that also means that the fortress will no longer host nobles or be able to become a Mountainhome, since that's coded to flag with the amount of excess income a fortress gives to the caravan over time (as well as number of jobs during the visit)
Gremlins are sellable by caravans and also can arrive as pets of migrants. But, as I know, you need to embark with trolls, because they have only SLOW_LEARNER, but no PET or PET_EXOTIC. If you dislike exploits, add [PETVALUE:350] to trolls and [PETVALUE:25] to gremlins. Or you can add PET_EXOTIC to trolls, this make wild trolls trainable and caravans will sell caged trolls, but this may cause bugs (I don't know serious bugs, but gremlin who arrive as migrant's pet cannot work even by DT).

Wood ethics works fine. Bug was caused by animal killing ethic or combo of this ethic with one other ethic. I don't test much. Maybe, there will be more interesting way to solve the bug without exotic experience loss.

So, if trading is so important, will be better to not remove it from civ. For nobles, I have an idea to promote them without trading. Any other benefits from Mountainhome status?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2020, 10:40:36 am »

Mountainhome status I think allows your fortress to colonize other places more frequently, as well as be the center of a trade network.  (It also meets with the ideals that each noble actually has the requisite numbers of rooms and items, rather than everyone hangining out in a pile of goods as the current game has them being after intital world gen.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2020, 12:29:09 pm »

Mountainhome status I think allows your fortress to colonize other places more frequently, as well as be the center of a trade network.  (It also meets with the ideals that each noble actually has the requisite numbers of rooms and items, rather than everyone hangining out in a pile of goods as the current game has them being after intital world gen.
So, if you want to play without trading, I can change positions for make one promoting line. And only what you will need - will be population.

Or you can play with trading, so outpost will change status and may become Mountainhome. And druid will arrive to your fortress.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2020, 01:04:44 am »

Nice.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2020, 04:45:52 pm »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2020, 01:57:01 pm »

Had to disable it for my Museum turn, but I'll certainly be playing with it later. 

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2020, 07:45:11 am »

Had to disable it for my Museum turn, but I'll certainly be playing with it later.
So, whats about playing more?

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2020, 07:56:18 am »

Overseers welcome!

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2020, 12:55:38 am »

PTW
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod
Pages: 1 [2]