West!
- 1 (16.7%)
Neither.
- 1 (16.7%)
The White.
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Re: Divine Duel Turn X- Hiatus [1 Tribe Spot open]  (Read 21572 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Divine Duel Turn 0: In the Beginning,
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 01:32:45 pm »

Thul, Purity of Avarice

I wasn't expecting to get in, but an avarice sphere mirror match should be interesting. One nitpick, you switched my title. It's changed from pure avarice to me being in an endless state of wanting more purity.

Spoiler: Secret turn actions (click to show/hide)

It is so, and will be fixed on Turn 1. Edited the text, but the map I was going to retype anyway.

I'll note secrecy isn't something Gods can really do, as it will be known as the turn comes to be. Though hiding what you are making mostly depends on the other side not to peak, but is fine.

8) Let the Avarice begin.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 02:28:05 pm »

((Already time to Post civ stuff or do WE wait for Turn 1?))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 03:54:07 pm »

Jaanin'Maldaraak
Jaanin'Maldaraak looks upon the void and considers what to do...

The first few territories that are created are the most likely places for his followers to congregate, so these will need to be chosen properly. They should be close enough to permit collaboration, but far enough to ensure that they are not crowded. The terrain should be something that they can adapt to, but also something that their enemies may have difficulty with.

Jaanin'Maldaraak also considers what it should be focusing its attention on in the future, but there is very little information to go on. Therein lies the key; Jaanin'Maldaraak would ponder how to improve upon the information!

Jaanin'Maldaraak takes a moment to think about colors. Jaanin'Maldaraak is somewhat partial to dark purple, dark green, and for some reason dark goldenrod too. Whichever of those contrasts best.

Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a Jungle Tile at F2 (-3FP)
Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a Hill tile at F6 (-3FP)
Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a Wetland tile at G4 (-3FP)

Jaanin'Maldaraak ponders tile detail observation
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 03:55:53 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2020, 04:50:23 pm »

Save me a Civ spot please

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 1- Age of the Void: And so the Void began to pass.
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2020, 05:06:21 pm »

Turn 1

And so the first lands were created, the void's pure emptiness no more. No matter the outcome of this Divine Duel, the emptiness of the past would never be reclaimed.

Jaanin'Maldaraak pondered, finding information key. While Thul created in secret, their work revealed. Both were weakened by this, but as time passes, mortals appear for the first time.

Thul, Purity of Avarice spends 9 of its FP.
D3 will be a forest And a forest it is. A faint expectation of a warrior tribe twinges against the consciousness of the first peoples to appear.
B5 will be a grasslands. And so it is The surrounding void looks as nothing, but gives a trace sense of rust-red potential, and of mortal creation.
C7 will be a grasslands. And so it comes to pass. There first breath of air carries the weight of the unknown.

Thul, Purity of Avarice Ponders, about a way to upgrade grasslands and forests to provide more food, with a filling and fast growing, animal. He should call them dear, and so he begins to plan.
1/?

Jaanin'Maldaraak spends 9 of it's FP.
Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a Jungle Tile at F2 (-3FP)
Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a Hill tile at F6 (-3FP)
Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a Wetland tile at G4 (-3FP)

Jaanin'Maldaraak Ponders tile detail observation. It is difficult for a god to truly focus on such small details when one can see all. But one cannot call Jaanin'Maldaraak an idiotic god, nor an inexperienced one. It will take some time however, to become able to do so.
1/??

The Age of the Void
Land has appeared, but they are but islands adrift at sea compared to what remains. The Age of Void has yet to pass.

Until Turn 5, Gods will gain +1 FP per turn, if they have less than 3 FP.

[OoC]

If I remember correctly, if you drop a pondered subject, it resets. So ponder to your conclusion if you wish for it.

Civs can now post their birth and first turn. Naturegirl1999, Detoxicated, and Unraveller have priority. Others are a first come first serve deal.

Ninja Redwolf, I'll wait for you as well.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 05:33:38 pm by TricMagic »

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2020, 05:12:59 pm »

Civ name: The Amazons
Starting tile: F2 if nobody with priority wants it
Description: A tall, strong Exclusively female race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2020, 05:21:27 pm »

Jaanin'Maldaraak
Jaanin'Maldaraak looked upon the world and saw that it was good. Good... Not great though. He found it quite interesting that Thul placed one of their first tiles at D3. It was not something that Jaanin'Maldaraak would have done. It was quite close to the edge of the boundary so should a tribe of their followers appear there the only thing that would stand between them and his own would be tiles E2 and E3; which fell under Jaanin'Maldaraak's dominion.

For now, Jaanin'Maldaraak would rest.

Jaanin'Maldaraak ponders tile detail observation
Perhaps if it is difficult to focus on a small area, but less difficult to focus on a large one... Then perhaps the details that should be observed are the statistically significant ones. Rather than actually looking for resources on the tiles on behalf of mortals, perhaps it would be better to identify the qualities of a tile relative to other tiles.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 05:41:49 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2020, 05:29:16 pm »

I seem to have made mistakes in haste.

Fixed.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 05:34:08 pm by TricMagic »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2020, 05:31:19 pm »

Civilization Name: Blenderong Tribe
Starting Tile: D3
Species Description: Greenish furred beastmen with huge teeth and three Horns. They have six muscly Fingers in each hand and six Toes on each foot.

Create 1 Pop, 3 people forage for food, 1 Pop prays to Thul, and 1 Pop researches Wood tools

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2020, 05:43:58 pm »

It is to my understanding that civilizations created now will not actually exist until next turn, thus you cannot do an action on the turn you appear.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2020, 05:45:23 pm »

It is to my understanding that civilizations created now will not actually exist until next turn, thus you cannot do an action on the turn you appear.

Ah, right... It has been a while.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2020, 06:07:07 pm »

Civilization Name: Spiderlings
Starting Tile: B5
Species Description: Green spiders that have pincers on their front four legs to allow for grabbing, a consequence of this is that they walk on their back four legs. this except green, standing of 4 legs instead of 6, and pincers on the 4 legs being used as arms
((If my desktop worked, I’d try to make a picture, please tell me whether the non link text described better or the link text described it better, or if both methods of description worked equally well. The link leads to a photo I am using as a reference point to describe changes deviating from the photo, if that even makes sense))

Edit: Whoops, forgot a color: #009900
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 07:45:01 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2020, 06:16:38 pm »

Wetland! That speaks to me. I was tipping on the favor of creating civilization for the hovering winged ball of light, but the lands of Thul's though prosperous perhaps, did not entice me enough. That aside;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting selection.

Anyway, that's all the preselects. 2 spots left. I'll write everything up tomorrow.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2020, 06:30:32 pm »

Thul, Purity of Avarice

Ponder more about deer. Should they be fat, to give more food? Or fast and slender, so they don't all get eaten and so his people have to learn to work for them? It wouldn't do to have his people be too lazy to fight for him.

He sat back to watch all of his lands be populated, and to get ideas for his deer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25