West!
- 1 (16.7%)
Neither.
- 1 (16.7%)
The White.
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: Re: Divine Duel Turn X- Hiatus [1 Tribe Spot open]  (Read 21865 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 16- Age of Growth & Strife
« Reply #270 on: September 19, 2020, 02:39:09 am »

I'm fine with waiting, I mean I've waited months for updates to some games so a few days won't bother me at all, so take as long as needed.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 19, 2020, 12:36:40 pm »

I think my creativity got away from me, but Jaanin'Maldaraak has a ton of different tiles. Pretty sure if West had what East is getting there would be a West by the end of this age.

It will likely balance the game... A bit. Just Combat for East now left.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 19, 2020, 01:28:51 pm »

Part of why I made my tiles diverse was to prevent region-wide problems.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 21, 2020, 09:15:11 am »

Turn 16- Age of Growth & Strife

The World moves on, ever onward, uncaring of those who eke out a existence.
 And in the Beginning did the White coalesce.

From a Past that never existed, from a Future that never occurred. An Age of Growth, and an Age of Strife.
As all things in nature are.. You either Grow, or Die.

Thul, copying it's opponent, creates a River at B6 and a Forest at C2.
However, the Grasslands he meant to make went awry, as there are many types. And so a Savanah came to be, golden grasses in the wind.
One may consider this Mockery, land dyed in foe's color, as a whim of fate and White.
Thul Ponders Magical Grasses still. There creation would require one spread power across a tile, thinning it so it does not burst that which is imbued. Practice in other phrasing.
2/?

Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a Jungle at E6, a source of wood and more food for the Extradimenisals.
To the belabored Swampmen of Uudvurk, he crafts a Woodland at G3.The sky can be seen from within it, and many plants grow in it's embrace.
To the Zastarn Bonekin, he crafts a Crag to block attacks from the enemy. Much rock to be hewn to stone, a cliff leading to foaming waves crashing against it's face.

Jaanin'Maldaraak Ponders Weather, Looking into the White. The White looks back.
The White is the source of possibility, free energy waiting to take shape, untouched potential and completed ideas both. The ease of shaping it is obvious, the results easy to see.
But this does not mean is has no threat, for it will swallow anything that falls into it. Even gods. Only one with divinity could hope to survive within, and in turn make use of it, direct it. Clouds form from it not by some great inscrutable process, but by the simple fact that land does in fact exist, and so clouds form from it and and lost to it. The edges are misty, unstable, water flows in rivers to and from it, just as clouds in the sky do.
4/?

Of note, the energy gather coalesces, forming many things, giving true life to tiles. And with this life comes dangers. Oddly, Jaanin'Maldaraak's Lands see much more diversity in wildlife. Thul's meanwhile see rabbits, small foxes, and non-divine deer, among other game. And many many Wolves.

The West

The Tauri
3 workers forage for food at C4, finding 3 food... Not exactly great. Foraging isn't a flat bonus, so this is just bad luck.
2 workers forage for food at C3, finding 5 food. The new knowledge does net them some extra in this case. Though this isn't the highlight for them this turn.
2 Workers research Wood Gathering, completing the tech.

Combat Report
C3: During the turn, 5 Wolves appeared to harry the Tauri. Well, that would be a lie, the Tauri turned the hunt back on them, managing to Kill 1 of their number and injure another. This can be traced back to their Elden Linage helping them against natural threats, but it getting counter-ambushed didn't help the Wolf caught. The rest retreated afterward. As a result, the Tauri have gained 3 food from it's corpse.
C4: The Tauri sent to the Hills noted the existence of two things. Something that has been named a Black Bear, and another named a White Bear. They went undetected, but declined trying to fight them. They have yet to be noted to work together.

Spiderlings
C5: Workers gathered 7 food. The other gathered 1 Wood.. One action went better than the other. On the bright side, no one starved.

Combat Report
C5: The Spiderlings ended up being ambushed by 5 Wolves, however they managed to evade the first attack and escape intact.
B5: No one was here to observe anything, but Thul notes Wolves skulking around and hunting while they were gone. On return, there was signs of their food stockpile having been rummaged through. Of course, there was no food left to steal, so..

The Zebra Commonwealth
2 workers Forage C6, finding 5 food.
2 Workers Forage C7, finding 5 food.
1 Worker Prays to Thul. +1 FP
3 research Basic Shelter Making(Construction). It is noted to be a subset of Basic Construction, but will likely allow shelters to be built. 3/??

Combat Report
C6: The 2 Foragers are Ambushed by a pack of 5 Wolves. They nearly take an injury evading them, but manage to escape without being hurt by a stroke of luck.
C7: The Zebra Commonwealth is attacked by 5 wolves. An Injury is taken by a worker during the fighting before they are driven off.

Combat Report at D3
Fierce battle occurs between The Beasts of Blederong and a new Wolf pack. Howls of victory keen as savage sounds are heard. The Wolf Pack has been reduced by 1, with 2 other Wolves Injured. However, no succor awaits them within the forest, as the Beasts hound their trail.

The East

Zastarn Bonekin
2 workers gather stones in G2, finding 5.
3 workers Forage F3, finding 9 food.
2 workers gather Wood in F2, finding 5.
1 worker researches First Aid as another recuperates from an injury.
An Oracle is born into this world, 5 food sacrificed. Her goldenrod bones showcase her status as being uniquely blessed.

Combat Report
G2: A pair of Coyotes ambushes and injures 1 of the 2 workers after a brief fight, before they run off.
F2: From the shadows of the Jungle, an ambush occurs by Panthers. While they don't work together, 1 of them does injure a worker before they're run off. Meanwhile, the other worker ends up on the wrong side of a crocodile, being injured by it's tail before escaping.
F3: Of note, strange orange monkeys that have been named Orangutans have been spotted in the rainforest. There was no fighting from that front, as they look like they could destroy bones with naught but a swing should they be angered. Of another note, the Bonekin wee attacked by orange-black Striped Tigers, but successfully avoided them.

Swampmen of Uudvurk
2 workers Forage G5, finding 3 food.
3 Workers Forage G4, finding 4 food.
1 worker seeks out Wood in G4, but finds naught but 1 food. They do however take quite a bit of time examining the new wildlife.
1 Worker Prays. +1 FP.

Combat Report
G4: Unlike other tribes, all is peaceful in the Wetlands. Alligators were noted to lounge about eating fish and grasses for whatever reason, two strange animals with a beak like a duck, and a tail like a beaver were shown to be making nests. And a Giant Bird was spotted high in the sky... The latter is actually a threat given it picked up prey and left towards the Mountain peak.
G5: The Floodplain has been flooded, making things a bit more difficult, but nothing was reported to be food other than food.

Extradimensionals
2 Workers Forage F7, fining 5-1 Food. Wait... Why the minus?(CR)
2 Workers Forage G6, collecting 6 food.
4 workers create 2 Stone Tools. They're basic, but should help some. Make sure to assign them to workers each turn. [They also double as weapons, though not as good as one dedicated to the task.]
1 Workers gathers 4 Stone from G6.
1 Worker gathers 2 Wood from G6, but is attacked.(Though they successfully retreat.)

Combat Report
F6: A Black Bear and White Bear were spotted nearby, lazing around atop hills together.
G6: A Mighty Crab was spotted in the river, and the Wood Gatherer was attacked by a Lone Wolf when it tried to take a bite, though ran off once the other tribe members responded.
F7: Food was gathered, nothing spotted. However, at some point 1 food was stolen, so there may be something in the area that is hard to detect.

Thul, +1 FP
Jaanin'Maldaraak, +1 FP

Spoiler: Thul's Tiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thul's Western Tribes (click to show/hide)

Let me know if you spot errors, as always. (Also, make sure you don't account injured workers into your actions...)

This is the 1st Age of Strife, the 1st Age of Growth
The White has coalesced, energy forming and giving life to the world. Except for the wolves caught by The Tauri and The Beasts of Blederong of course.. Particularly the latter, that tile will likely be cleared soon.

As such, all Tribes can now perform Raids against certain targets. If you have Hunting researched, you can also improve your ability to down your foes. Likewise, weapons also help. A case where the West actually has something to help.

Unlike your gathering, battles run off of D100, with bonuses for number present for each side, any techs or weapons, and in the case of the Tauri a bonus against the current foes. However, be warned that the Enemy also have a Trait to help them.

Successfully clearing a tile of all foes will grant you a minimum of 5 Research Points, to be used to advance your growth. Conflict is a potent motivator, and so during this Age, all Research down is boosted by 1 point per worker. The Gods also are now able to Ponder 2 subjects, or a single subject for 2 points of advancement. Additionally, Prayer grants 1 additional FP generated, regardless of how many are praying.

Note that the RP can be gained from clearing a tile at any point, even past the current Age. You can choose to avoid bothering targets instead, and note that for groups going into those tiles. Not all are willing to let you though. And some foes are Fiercely Overwhelming Enemies. Most of these happen to be on the East side, though only the Great Mountain Eagle has been discovered yet. As tiles are created and time passes, more may form. I wish you all luck in survival of the fittest.

As an additional note, FOEs also drop unique resources for crafting, though working them can be another story. For those who have researched Hide/Leather Armor or Bone Crafting(among others), some regular foes will also produce common materials that can be used.

If you have any questions of these rules, I'll clarify them.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 05:19:55 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 21, 2020, 04:23:44 pm »

Jaanin'Maldaraak

Jaanin'Maldaraak considered the world. It seemed that the void was causing a problem that has only now become apparent. The only obvious solution to this would be to simply abolish the remaining void from the world. This would take some time however...

For now, the tribals would need to fend for themselves. The current focus on weather would potentially be an excellent means of shifting the tide of battle when the need arises.

Jaanin'Maldaraak invokes Tile Detail Observation on: H4
Jaanin'Maldaraak ponders Weather (Ponder Action 1)
Jaanin'Maldaraak ponders Weather (Ponder Action 2)
Jaanin'Maldaraak considers what kind of weather could be manipulated. Precipitation and wind were the most obvious ones... Perhaps sunlight could be manipulated with a concave or convex lens?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2020, 05:14:35 pm »

It appears that you switched the values for food and workers for the Tauri

The Tauri are intrigued by these new creatures.  As they are always hungry, and not yet very sophisticated, they tend to think with their stomachs.  Thus they are grateful to Thul (even though it was not really Thul, but they don't know that) for providing the tasty wolf flesh.  They wonder if the bears are equally tasty; perhaps they'll try some bear flesh sometime in the future.

1 worker prays to Thul
2 workers forage for food at C3
2 workers forage for food at C2
2 workers gather wood at C2
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 05:16:26 pm by Zazmio »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 22, 2020, 02:42:35 am »

The Extradimensionals
Starting Tile: F6
Trait: Psionic Regeneration
Tribe Total: 10/10
Workers: 10/10
Food: 25
Wood: 4
Stone: 5
Stone Tools: 2/10

2 workers forage at F5 with 2 stone tools
4 workers make 2 stone tools
1 worker prays
3 workers research Farming

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 22, 2020, 04:28:23 am »

The Zebra Commonwealth
2 Workers forge for food on C7.
2 Workers forge for wood on C6.
1 Worker prays to Thul.
2 Worker researches basic wood working.
1 Worker is born for 3 food.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 22, 2020, 07:40:33 pm »

The Swampmen
3 forage G4
2 forage G3
1 gathers wood in G3
1 worker prays
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 24, 2020, 12:11:31 am »

The Zastarn Bonekin
Surprised by the sudden adversity brought about by the world around them, begin focusing their efforts on ensuring they did not lose anyone to the new threats in their world.
Four focus on making stone tools to arm themselves with, thinking that even if they are not as deadly as a proper weapon, the sharpened stone edges would prove useful in self defense.
The remaining three tended to the wounded and continued to study their injuries in hopes of developing first aid. The oracle will always pray unless stated otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 02:05:27 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 24, 2020, 08:26:52 am »

A reminder you also have an Oracle.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 24, 2020, 02:05:59 pm »

Fixed.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 13- Advance and Setback
« Reply #282 on: September 24, 2020, 02:41:57 pm »

Thul, Purity of Avarice
As the age shifted, Thul found his thoughts come faster and more clearly. He spent a long moment relishing the feeling, and thinking about how to best use his new cognition to defeat his foe. Finally, he settled on one.

Ponder Magical Grass and spend 1 fp on research, testing on tile B4.
Ponder Basic Beast Command: Directed Aggresion. It seemed his world could not be safe. His deer wisely avoided the new wolves, which seemed to seek out his mortals. Could he make his creations fight instead of run and hide? Could he make them fight The Other's mortals, while leaving his own alone? His deer weren't made for fighting, but could serve as a test case.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 24, 2020, 03:56:12 pm »

Alright, I think we are at the point where nobody has an excuse for not having posted an action yet.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 24, 2020, 04:13:02 pm »

I'll note I'm going to be focused on upcoming FEF apps, so there will be a wait regardless.

Still, NG?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25