West!
- 1 (16.7%)
Neither.
- 1 (16.7%)
The White.
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: Re: Divine Duel Turn X- Hiatus [1 Tribe Spot open]  (Read 21877 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn X- Hiatus [1 Tribe Spot open]
« on: July 07, 2020, 08:41:34 am »

Gridhood - Divine Duel: A tale of Eternal Hatred and Farming!

Here's a new take on an old classic. Two parts Gridhood, one part Arms Race! Same gridhood style, but there are only two gods. The gods are controlled by players and they hate eachother! The map will be dividen into two halves, and the gods are only able to directly affect things on their own half of the map!

The rest of the players start off as a Civilization, on a tile created by one of the gods. United under one god, stand alongside your fellow tribes and bring monotheism to this land through bloody war!

But before you do that, you'll need to master a little something called basic survival, and try not to starve to death!

Once the two god players are decided, the game can start in earnest! In order to encourage players to make god applications even if they don't think they will be accepted, the people who make a god application will get get top priority for getting to play as a civilization if they don't make the cut for godhood.

As the game progresses, new game mechanics will emerge. Rules will always be added to the first post so keep checking back here.

Oracles allow Civs to communicate with their God(Legally in the game rules.) So long as they are alive, the Civs have that ability. If they die, it is lost for the time they have no Oracle.
Oracles tend to be prioritized for survival, so Starvation is unlikely to affect them first.(This can change however.)

Spoiler: Playing as a god (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Formatting Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: God Application (click to show/hide)
All actions that affect a tile or involve a tile must include the tiles co-ordinates. No exceptions.

Note: Non-posting gods will be eaten.

Restarting the old idea. 2 Gods, 6 Civs, 1 Victorious Divine.

To start, we need 2 gods. All credit to Supernerds idea.

Age of the Void
Turn 0: In the Beginning,
Turn 1: And so the Void began to pass.
Turn 2: And so the Tribes were born.
Turn 3: Behold thy first labors.
Turn 4: Behold thy first struggles,
Turn 5: End of the Void Age, Hubris brought low,

Era of Beginnings
Turn 6: Era of Beginnings
Turn 7: Puzzles, Tauri, and Clues.
Turn 8: Regrowth
Turn 9: Life is but a part,
Turn 10: A Struggle to Improve,
Turn 11: Limits, Divine & Mortal.
Turn 12: Observe the Turning of the World.
Turn 13: Advance and Setback
Turn 14: Knowledge and Wondering.
Turn 15: First Steps Begun

Age of Growth & Strife
Turn 16: Age of Growth & Strife
Turn 17: Counters and the Howls of Sorrow
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 02:49:33 pm by TricMagic »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The map will be dividen into two halves, and the gods are only able to directly affect things on their own half of the map!
Will the civilizations be able to build temples to claim more of the map?
Will there be a mechanic to incentivize making cool things on the border, instead of blocking the way with radioactive seas of lava swarming with giant aetheric fire piranhas, with all the divine super resources at the far sides of the map?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The map will be dividen into two halves, and the gods are only able to directly affect things on their own half of the map!
Will the civilizations be able to build temples to claim more of the map?
Will there be a mechanic to incentivize making cool things on the border, instead of blocking the way with radioactive seas of lava swarming with giant aetheric fire piranhas, with all the divine super resources at the far sides of the map?

Depends. Also, that would be very very very expensive, not counting all the pondering it would take while the other god ponders more immediate results.

The only way to win the game is genocide by the way. Theoretically, gods and mortals could research that. Everything really depends on what you create, and what mortals do.

That and crossing said sea of death would be rather difficult, but also easy if a god decides to make stuff that would work. Such fortifications are normal in warfare.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Personally, I considered Divine Duel to be one of my less successful experiments. I'd still be quite happy to play it though!

Spoiler: God Application (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

I have an idea, what if we each create back up Civ applications since only 2 gods are allowed? Thst way those who don’t get picked as gods can be civs?

TricMagic, would that be allowed? If not that’s fine

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those who apply as gods have priority as civs.

And I actually liked Divine Duel, just that it requires 2 gods that regularly play. Civs can and will be replaced if needed. A God disappearing kinda ends it however, unless another is fine with taking it up.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Its best to wait until there are actually tiles you can inhabit before making a civilization application. Its also ideal when you can actually make a civ that would do pretty well on that tile.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Divine Dual Of The Two Gods Over This Blank World[0/2 Gods]
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 04:32:52 pm »

Sweet! Glad to be a potential part of this! I think I'll save a civilization application until we find out who our mighty gods will be.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 04:38:00 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Divine Dual Of The Two Gods Over This Blank World[0/2 Gods]
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 04:22:15 am »

PTW
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Divine Duel Turn 0: In the Beginning,
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 08:47:55 am »

Turn 0
In the Beginning, there was nothing. From that nothing, the concept of everything came to be. For a timeless existence, a single being controlled all, but controlled nothing. All was his, as was right. The Avarice of of Purity, Thul.

And then came the Traveler of Ruination, who broke this endless cycle, claiming the void. He did not submit, for he too claimed the empty void as his, for no ownership could be seen. From this, the two came to clash for a time forgotten. And in his age and wisdom, the ancient god Jaanin'Maldaraak brought creation to this world to claim it as his own. But by doing so, Thul desired this for himself, and likewise created. And so a new war begun.

[OoC]
Quite a few good ones. More apps than the last Duel game too. I like these two though, and Supernerd is someone who does post. Nirur Torir does so as well, far as I know, and I like his app for story purposes.

Naturegirl1999, Detoxicated, and Unraveller will have first picks at tiles for their civs. Once tiles actually exist anyway.

Gods, remember to have your god name in your posts, and to ponder. Likewise, I wouldn't mind you pickingclaiming a color.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 01:28:53 pm by TricMagic »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2020, 09:38:51 am »

(( Sweet! I dig your choice of deities, they weave a good narrative of opposed desire together. Which is probably what it should ultimately be given the context. I happily await to worship! ))
I've lost control of my life.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 01:19:19 pm »

Thul, Purity of Avarice

I wasn't expecting to get in, but an avarice sphere mirror match should be interesting. One nitpick, you switched my title. It's changed from pure avarice to me being in an endless state of wanting more purity.

Spoiler: Secret turn actions (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25