Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: Rune Race: Iqua Thread  (Read 16811 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Rune Race: Iqua Thread
« Reply #285 on: August 10, 2020, 02:06:38 pm »

Quote from: Strategy
Advance in the (pick two)
Mountains (note, I think we still have a NAP with DGR (ending this turn)):
Hills: (2) NUKE9.13, Twinwolf
Jungle: (2) NUKE9.13, Twinwolf

Drill in the
Mountains: (2) NUKE9.13, Twinwolf

Deploy Adiva to the
Hills: (2) NUKE9.13, Twinwolf
Jungle:

Other
Rejoice at the widely available chainmail & sabres. 
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 10, 2020, 03:39:23 pm »

Hills: (3) NUKE9.13, Twinwolf, Rockeater
Jungle: (3) NUKE9.13, Twinwolf, Rockeater

Drill in the
Mountains: (3) NUKE9.13, Twinwolf, Rockeater
Deploy Adiva to the
Hills:(3) NUKE9.13, Twinwolf, Rockeater
Jungle:

Other
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 10, 2020, 09:33:22 pm »

Hills: (4) NUKE9.13, Twinwolf, Rockeater, Happerry
Jungle: (4) NUKE9.13, Twinwolf, Rockeater, Happerry

Drill in the
Mountains: (4) NUKE9.13, Twinwolf, Rockeater, Happerry
Deploy Adiva to the
Hills:(4) NUKE9.13, Twinwolf, Rockeater, Happerry
Jungle:

Other
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 18, 2020, 03:44:36 pm »

Battle Phase

Turn 6 Battle

This season is a grand success led by our hero, Lady Adiva and the might of our generals. The fortifications produced by our Earthmover's Order helping to deal with many difficulties we have been suffering from. That is the good news, which brings us to the problems of the new equipment deployed by the Loji.

The greatswords of the enemy are composed of magic from at least two different systems. Likely Chanting and something else. They cut with unsurpassed weight through anything we can put in their way. Glancing blows have a tendency to propel what is struck away with greater violence than can be explained by simple weight. If the Jarls did not fight alone there is little hope we could match them in close quarters. Perhaps worse, the new shields their army is equipped with show a similar level of enchantment. In a more traditional fight, we would have been shoved easily from the field.

Finally, the armour and coordination displayed by their rank and file allowed them to shrug off the effects of our Dreadmonks until their plans could be thrown into disarray. We must expect that the Dreadmonks role will be largely relegated to strikes from ambush and for chasing away an already defeated foe.

It is now Winter, Turn 7 Discovery Phase

Spoiler: Lanes (click to show/hide)

Resources: Land 3, Ore 2, Mana 2, 1 Hint Token
Spoiler: Resource Development (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rune Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Discoveries (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heroes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 09:54:34 am by Talion »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 18, 2020, 09:35:26 pm »

Runic System Experiment - Chant [Ward(Water), Form(Air), Attack(Shadow)] (1): Happerry
Runic System Experiment - Geomancy [Form(Shadow), Attack(Earth), Shape(Water)] (1): Happerry
Runic System Experiment - Alchemy [Life(Shadow), Life(Shadow), Life(Shadow)] (1): Happerry
Investigate Meaning - Upgrade Life to Adept (0):

Use Hint Token - Yes (1): Happerry
Use Hint Token - No (0):

Given we currently have Elemental Distillation available for both Green Ghost Flame Paint and Earth Elemental’s Fortifying Elixir, my intended design actions this turn are to make some sort of Blood Moon Chainmail/Blood Moon Saber from combining the quenching effects of the Blood Hydra’s Recovery Potion and Earth Elemental’s Fortifying Elixir on the same metals, which should hopefully get us some really good swords/armor, as well as doing a fusion for Green Ghost Flame Paint and Blood Hydra’s Recovery Potion to give our Dreadmonks ghostly terror fire armor. This leaves our actual magic experiments open to, well, experimentation.

Thus, for a chant, we have Reinforcement of Cutting with the first element changed from Wood to water. Given that speculation has Water Chants as being some sort of wave, I think that a potential 'wave of cutting' could be useful, and whatever the result comparing it to Reinforcement of Cutting should be informative.

Secondly, we have the Geomancy, based on our unsuccessful experiment that lead to the spell that makes a giant hand try to crush the caster. However from that attempt we learned that Form(Earth) builds the spell at the spell circle, Attack(Earth) makes a blunt attack where the spell is built, and Shape(Water) should have turned the effect into some kind of rain. Thus, by moving Shape(Water) to the second part of the spell instead of the third and moving the Attack(Earth) from the second part to the third we should both prevent one rune from fizzling and turn the spell into some sort of blunt rain. Meanwhile, changing the first set of meanings from Form(Earth) to Form(Shadow) we should be targeting the spell somewhere else, thus both learning where the Form(Shadow) set targets the spell and hopefully resulting in a damaging rain of some sort that we can drop on the enemy continually. And since it starts with the Form Meaning, we can use it for Chain-Spells later on. Once we have other working spells that is.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 12:59:45 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 19, 2020, 04:08:56 pm »

Runic System Experiment - Chant [Ward(Water), Form(Air), Attack(Shadow)] (2): Happerry,Rockeater
Runic System Experiment - Geomancy [Form(Shadow), Attack(Earth), Shape(Water)] (2): Happerry, Rockeater
Runic System Experiment - Alchemy [Life(Shadow), Life(Shadow), Life(Shadow)] (2): Happerry, Rockeater

Use Hint Token - Yes (2): Happerry, Rockeater
Use Hint Token - No (0):
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 04:31:44 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 19, 2020, 06:10:21 pm »

Runic System Experiment - Chant [Ward(Water), Form(Air), Attack(Shadow)] (2): Happerry,Rockeater
Runic System Experiment - Geomancy [Form(Shadow), Shape(Water), Attack(Earth)] (2): Happerry, Rockeater
Runic System Experiment - Alchemy [Life(Shadow), Life(Shadow), Life(Shadow)] (2): Happerry, Rockeater

Use Hint Token - Yes (2): Happerry, Rockeater
Use Hint Token - No (0):

Fixed the issue where I said what I wanted to do in the geomancy experiment and then forgot to edit said experiment to be what I wanted.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 06:36:01 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 24, 2020, 02:53:44 pm »

Not a big fan of the alchemy experiment, but the other two look interesting. It'd be nice to finally get a working Spell, and figure out what Water chants are like.
Tossing up the third action between upgrading Attack or Shadow. Went with Attack cos it's the safer bet (will definitely give us more useful information, whereas we have no idea what Shadow would give us- it'd probably be useful, but how useful is unknown).

E: Changed my mind on the Geomancy experiment. My alternative suggestion:
Geomancy [Control(Earth), Shape(Earth), Attack(Earth)]
Kinda boring using only Earth element, but A) we have mastery in it, so at the very least we'll get a lot of feedback, B) I think it's most likely to be effective, and C) if it is then EEFE will be very useful in bolstering its power.
Based on feedback received from our previous experiments, I hope this would make a spell that applies blunt force rock to the target. And since Form() makes the target the caster, one would assume that Control() would make the target... something else.

(My theory is that the current proposal would target the caster with shadow in rain form, and pummel them with it- not super useful)

Quote from: Botevox
Runic System Experiment - Chant [Ward(Water), Form(Air), Attack(Shadow)] (3): Happerry, Rockeater, NUKE9.13
Runic System Experiment - Geomancy [Form(Shadow), Shape(Water), Attack(Earth)] (2): Happerry, Rockeater
Runic System Experiment - Geomancy [Control(Earth), Shape(Earth), Attack(Earth)] (1): NUKE9.13
Investigate Meaning - Upgrade Attack to Mastery (1): NUKE9.13
Investigate Element - Upgrade Shadow to Adept (0):

Use Hint Token - Yes (3): Happerry, Rockeater, NUKE9.13
Use Hint Token - No (0):
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 05:40:50 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 25, 2020, 03:25:21 pm »

Eh, I'm not 100% convinced, but the alternate suggestion seems likely to be useful as well so why not?

Edited out my vote for Life(Shadow) to break the tie.

Runic System Experiment - Chant [Ward(Water), Form(Air), Attack(Shadow)] (3): Happerry, Rockeater, NUKE9.13
Runic System Experiment - Geomancy [Form(Shadow), Shape(Water), Attack(Earth)] (1): Rockeater
Runic System Experiment - Geomancy [Control(Earth), Shape(Earth), Attack(Earth)] (2): NUKE9.13, Happerry
Runic System Experiment - Alchemy [Life(Shadow), Life(Shadow), Life(Shadow)] (1): Rockeater
Investigate Meaning - Upgrade Attack to Mastery (2): NUKE9.13, Happerry

Use Hint Token - No (0):
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 05:07:02 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 27, 2020, 05:47:59 pm »

Runic System Experiment - Chant [Ward(Water), Form(Air), Attack(Shadow)] (4): Happerry, Rockeater, NUKE9.13, Twinwolf
Runic System Experiment - Geomancy [Form(Shadow), Shape(Water), Attack(Earth)] (1): Rockeater
Runic System Experiment - Geomancy [Control(Earth), Shape(Earth), Attack(Earth)] (3): NUKE9.13, Happerry, Twinwolf
Runic System Experiment - Alchemy [Life(Shadow), Life(Shadow), Life(Shadow)] (1): Rockeater
Investigate Meaning - Upgrade Attack to Mastery (3): NUKE9.13, Happerry, Twinwolf

Use Hint Token - No (0):

Since I was the one who brought up that it was likely the meaning and not the element that determined the cast location, I might as well put my money where my mouth is and vote for it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 28, 2020, 07:29:55 pm »

Discovery Phase

Investigate Runic Component: Attack
Complex Meaning ‘Bane’ Discovered
Beyond the aggression of Attack lies the malice of Bane. That which destroys utterly. Bane is the epitome of precision, obsession and zealotry. It is a powerful meaning with fair reaching consequences.

Runic System Experiment(Chant): Ward(Water), Form(Air), Attack(Shadow)
New Chant Discovered: Ward(Water), Form(Air), Attack(Shadow) - Gathering of Cutting
This chant forms an orb composed of the mana of cutting. It draws this mana from cuts in the surrounding area, gradually undoing the damage caused. Once the chant is complete the orb drops to the ground inflicting the stored cutting power on anything it splashes.

(Water Mastery) The orb may instead be lobbed in an arc out to medium range.
(Form Mastery) The Form meaning has no effect here.
(Attack Mastery) The Attack meaning has no effect here.

Runic System Experiment(Geomancy): Control(Earth), Shape(Earth), Attack(Earth)
Fizzle - Control is not an Ignitor
(Earth Mastery) In the first Rune this should have allowed the spell to be directed forward of the caster in a straight line.

It is now Winter, Turn 7 Design Phase

Spoiler: Rune Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Discoveries (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 08:49:16 pm by Talion »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 02, 2020, 12:05:56 am »

Edgemonks
For the vast majority of this war, the power of Cutting has been a boon for Iqua. The Monks of the Order of the Edge is related too, but not a part, of the Blademonks order, using many of the same mediation exercises to understand the pure essence of cutting. Also like the Blademonks they will emerge from those meditation exercises when it is time to go to war. Unlike the Blademonks they do not fight in the front lines, but instead lurk behind them offering support to the brave soldiers of Iqua. Using Gathering of Cutting at the medium strength, and so merely expensive to train like Blademonks (before sword costs are considered), they are a relatively large order, and so can bring healing and karma to large amounts of Iqua's soldiers and enemies at once. Edgemonks do this by using Gathering of Cutting to heal Iqua's soldiers and fortifications from the cuts and slices that perfidious Loji deal to these defenders of Iqua, or from other sources if needed, until they have gathered enough to complete the spell, which lets them bring Karma upon Iqua's enemies by launching the completed spell at said enemies.

Runic System Experiment - Geomancy [Form(Wood), Control(Fire), Ward(Shadow)]
A runic experiment seeking build a spell engine compatible geomancy backwards, by taking the elements of Reinforcement of Fear and using them to build what our knowledge tells us should be a full and complete Geomancy effect that won't implode half way through.

Quote from: Votes
Runic System Experiment - Geomancy [Form(Wood), Control(Fire), Ward(Shadow)] (1): Happerry
Edgemonks (1): Happerry
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 09:11:03 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 06, 2020, 02:41:47 pm »

Runic System Experiment - Geomancy [Form(Wood), Control(Fire), Ward(Shadow)] (2): Happerry, NUKE9.13
Edgemonks (2): Happerry, NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 06, 2020, 04:21:45 pm »

Runic System Experiment - Geomancy [Form(Wood), Control(Fire), Ward(Shadow)] (3): Happerry, NUKE9.13, Rockeater
Edgemonks (3): Happerry, NUKE9.13, Rockeater
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]