Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Hierarchy OOC: Turn 0 (7/7)  (Read 6120 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Hierarchy OOC: Turn 0 (7/7)
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2020, 12:43:09 am »

Elda sneaks a secret, sequenced letter to Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not through a deniable but trusted intermediate.

It reads:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2020, 12:44:24 am »

Quote from: Oh most just and upright Arbitrary Arbitrator, whose insight pierces all falsehoods

What is godpaper? I am informed that this is something our department requires.

What are the proper procedures and channels to acquisition new employees and godpaper for the Ministry of Records?

What animals are commonly domesticated in the Garden of Heaven, and in what forms do the mortals pay taxes to the Heavenly Bureaucracy?

Thank you once again for your invaluable guidance in this time of transition

- Diligently yours, Mion, Archivist.

Spoiler: To the Archivist (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 12:55:00 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2020, 02:31:21 am »

Long-Names-Are-For-The-Haughty Ze, Head of the Bureau of Angelic Clerks, Kings, Servants, Temple Administrators, and Bureaucrats: "Greetings, Manager Tuuok. Thou art in no danger whatsoever. With the state of the world as it is, there is little to manage with our contacts in the Garden. Thou art in a position of safety. We would do well to arrange matters so that a more agreeable Son or Daughter Under Heaven takes the throne. Thou art in absolutely no danger. We would also recommend ending the hiring freeze thy predecessor imposed. Again, no one is plotting against thee."
Tuuok nods approvingly, then comfortably, then with mild concern, and finally understanding.

"Yes, I see... are you aware of the current Son or Daughter Under Heaven or their likely replacements? And tell me more about this hiring freeze."

Aran Meni, Head of the Bureau of Omens, Fame, and Heroism: "Well met, Manager Tuuok! The world is ripe for great deeds of daring heroism! Send my bureau some more Glory, and we will repay you by performing glorious deeds on the Garden!"
Tuuok clears his throat. "There shall be no additional Glory without a firm operational report detailing anticipated expenses and predicted returns. I'm not made of Gl- you are not permitted to consider the potential ramifications of if I was made of Glory, and I am of the utmost suspicion that your Bureau tends to work for the sake of doing work. Commendable initiative, poor financial oversight."

The-Barn-Is-Mightier-Than-The-Sword Tsano, Head of the Bureau of Land Use and Edifices: "O Manager, we wish not to impose on thee, but there is an urgent matter that demandeth thine attention. The Ministry of Mortal Constructions hath successfully petitioned that the destruction wrought by the recent events be reversed, but their proposal runneth afoul of Zoning Decree ZON-5E778, which prescribeth that half of the land they claim to have been mortal settlements be instead monster-infested wildernesses. We pray that thou resolve this matter ere it reacheth the Ministry of Justice!"
"I knew it! Nothing ever goes smoothly the first day. I shall have to write several strongly worded letters!"

Quote from: Wax Tablet Addressed to the Ministry of Mortal Constructions
Esteemed Ministry of Mortal Constructions,

As Manager of the Ministry of Realms, it has come to my attention that you have successfully petitioned a proposal in contravention of Zoning Decree ZON-5E778. It is my hope to rectify this oversight prior to messy and protracted involvement of other Ministries.

Respectfully,
Manager Tuuok of the Ministry of Realms

Quote from: Wax Tablet Addressed to the Arbitrary Arbiter
How fare your mother and father?

Having recently been appointed Manager of the Ministry of Realms, whose duties include angelic employment and extra-Heavenly deployment, I would be remiss not to beseech one of your learned experience to share such knowledge as you have available on the many topics of angelic care, feeding, and management.

I hope in good faith, that your mother and father are well.

Respectfully,
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2020, 08:40:18 am »

"Have they never heard the term, 'All is fair in Love and War'? Believe me, I am not unable to fight, nor defend myself. Such is needed when traveling to distant places where law and order is either thin, corrupt, or non-existent. Now that the puns are out of the way, give me the reports on any threats that need dealing with. If you don't have them, go ask for them from who does. There is work to be done, war to be had, people to save and smite alike, and hard love to spread to idiots who do not actually do their paperwork on time."

Loudly-Rattle-The-Sabers-Of-The-Righteous-That-War-May-Be-Averted Flerius, Head of the Bureau of Outer Omnipotence Management: "Our armies are broken, Marshal. I suggest a temporary truce with the Ministry of Civilization to allow our mortal allies to retake our stolen lands from the pantheons beyond."
My-Thunderbolt-Is-Longer-Than-Thine Nefere, Head of the Bureau of Arms and Munitions: "THY ASCENSION was AN ACCIDENT. A GODSLAUGHTER! I don't know where th'art FROM, but GODSLAUGHTER is NOT as HIGH as GODMURDER!"
This-Is-Heaven Paeusandros, Head of the Bureau of Armies, Navies, and Godforces: "Make war! Not travel! Nor the other thing!"

"This-Is-Heaven Paeusandros, was mostly talking about the issues with my appointment..."
Fas shakes there head.

"Anyway, Loudly-Rattle-The-Sabers-Of-The-Righteous-That-War-May-Be-Averted Flerius, why are we at odds with the Ministry of Civilization in the first place? And to all three, I am new to this position, I need information to make decisions on where to apply our forces and what needs fixing."

"On that matter This-Is-Heaven Paeusandros, being able to get somewhere is just as important to war. Being able to simply bypass a mountain in the way improves supply speed, which leads to a better supplied army and more range. That suggestion was simply because the new Duke is Du-Ur, someone whose Passage sphere suggests they would be amiable to such projects. Leaving aside them being a Door."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2020, 08:52:15 am »

Ensure the notarized Form TL1-674-5O: Request for Manifestation Permit (Basic, Observation-only) stack does not fall into the wrong hands.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2020, 08:56:10 am »

Ask the Arbitor about whether we are in contact with other pantheons, what is most commonly traded and a list of my duties as the Pontifice

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2020, 03:27:26 pm »

IC is up, responses will follow shortly

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2020, 05:31:46 pm »

What types of tasks am I doing? Are there any ongoing negotiations with other pantheons? Which trades tend to be the most common?
Thou-Shalt-Not-Block-Advertising Artin, Head of the Bureau of Artistic Demagoguery: "Thy task is to bring more Glory to our ministry that we may afford an improvement to the Bowl of a Thousand Prayers!"
Go-Into-All-The-World-And-Report-Back-On-Anything-Unusual Adrienwen, Head of the Bureau of Emissaries, Scouts, and Taxfolk: "Thy tasks include supporting the communications networks of Heaven and relaying intelligence to the appropriate ministry. Our close relationship with the Ministry of Transportation is key to our efficient functioning, and thou must not let it deteriorate. Thou wouldst do well to improve our intelligence or relations with the Barbarian Empire of Yan, whose old gods were recently toppled as well."
The-Mail-Shall-Go-Through Orim, Head of the Bureau of Licensed Exchanges and Shipping Services: "Please, Pontifex. The most important matter now be resuming contact wit' the Underworld offices! We dinnae know what happened to them, but they be nearing a breakthrough last we heard ae them."
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 05:40:14 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2020, 05:39:54 pm »

((Ignore the bolded, questions were answered))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2020, 05:56:55 pm »

So how do Prophecies work? Do I write them? Do I determine who gets them?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2020, 06:13:16 pm »

You request a Prophecy and optionally a target/focus publicly or otherwise, and something will be written up for it. Then you get to send however much of the Prophecy you feel like sending at your leisure.

Alternatively, you could just send people whatever you wanted without requesting a Prophecy, but that would probably damage the credibility of the office even more than Farinli's untimely death did and result in lawsuits :P

Also, there will be an arbitrary action limit of 4 actions/turn. This will likely be recalibrated next turn depending on how manageable things are. (Talking with most anyone in Heaven continues to be a free action)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 06:17:54 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2020, 06:42:00 pm »

How fare your mother and father?

Having recently been appointed Manager of the Ministry of Realms, whose duties include angelic employment and extra-Heavenly deployment, I would be remiss not to beseech one of your learned experience to share such knowledge as you have available on the many topics of angelic care, feeding, and management.

I hope in good faith, that your mother and father are well.

Respectfully,

Spoiler: To the MANAGER (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2020, 08:34:03 pm »

So, sending an angel with Glory to an area to do something would be one action, right?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2020, 08:34:25 pm »

Yes

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2020, 04:38:33 am »

Here are some templates/examples for an upcoming change intended to make Word-incorporating actions easier to draft and use Words for:

Quote from: Proposal template
Council Proposal Form LND-2040
Name: [NAME OF PROPOSAL]
ShortCode: PROP-CODE-123
Proposer: [YOUR NAME, PRESUMABLY]
Description and Purposes; [PROPOSITION TEXT GOES HERE]
Form Authorization Code: (Insert Words here to enhance action)

Quote from: Proposal example
Council Proposal Form asdpmvsdpoogjsfvmp
Name: Legalization of Data and Knowledge Compression for the Purposes of Record-Keeping
ShortCode: aiopcfnm avok,a
Proposer: Mion, Goddess of Murder and Wealth, Title-Holder of Accuser within the Council
Description and Purposes; Blablabla
Form Authorization Code: Take Both Data and Knowledge

Quote from: Succession dispute backing example
Application for the Throne Form $945949439329
Applicant: Lord Wiq
Patron: Mion, Goddess of Murder and Wealth
Further Supporters if Any: N/A
Claim: Fabricated
Form Authorization Code: [Take] The Throne

Quote from: Word request example
Request for larger Words dispensation Form dmfwepoej$#()%
Proposer: Mion, Goddess of Murder and Wealth