Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dharma (Sign Ups): A Karmic Godgame - Definitely Won't Die at Turn 4 Edition  (Read 1841 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

IC Thread Here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176885.0

The Land of Herat is locked into the cycle eternal, the kalpic renewal. Aeons of growth, stability, rot and then death, only to continue once more over and over again. To live eternally through infinite life cycles is a curse, for the soul is hollowed, its foundations foul and wilted. Only by exiting the cycle of rebirth can peace be attained.

As a Great One, you are tasked with ascension, with breaking the cycle of the imprisoned souls. However, be warned; for you too are cursed with the cycle of life and death, your memories and being disappearing with each life, your own soul rotting in time.

Attain the worship of the imprisoned and free the souls of those worthies and surely, your soul will be reinvigorated once more.

...Beware of one's actions however, as reincarnation is overseen by the balances of karma. One's acts determine one's rebirth and one is thusly indebted to their former self.

(The GM warns that new and potentially complicated and annoying mechanics will be introduced and removed for various reasons ranging from the narrative to the arbitrary)

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Karmic Cycle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ascension Points (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alignment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Helpers (click to show/hide)

How many players will there be? Dunno.
How will they be selected? Dunno.
Code: [Select]
Great One Sheet
Name: the sound of your True Name engraved upon your soul
Core: the central component of your soul, your quality above all; your prime sphere
Appearance: the form which your divine soul would prefer to wear
Personality: that which forms the fat of your soul
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 08:39:07 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Humble One Sheet
Name: क्षितिगर्भ
Core: Mercy
Appearance: One of a people still trapped in the Karmic Cycle, Saṃsāra.
Personality: There is no self. No I. Self is an illusion
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 08:39:33 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 07:11:19 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[forgot obligatory reserved posts]
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[forgot obligatory reserved posts]
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Orange Juice Goose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great One Sheet
Name: बाद में बदल गया
Core: Progress
Appearance: Grey Cog
Personality: The arrogant, self-centered, sense of superiority of your run-of-the-mill pseudo-intellectual, given godlike power and position.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 10:05:17 am by Orange Juice Goose »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great One Sheet
Name: ख्वाब
Core: Dreams
Appearance: Light clouds clad in colors of the storm.
Personality: Wrathful to those who harm, possessive to that which is made, mercurial in temperament and action.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 07:19:28 am by TricMagic »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great One Sheet
Name: הנווד
Core: Freedom
Appearance: A small bird
Personality:Patient and forgiving but over-moving and remembering for eternity
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox

Great One Sheet
Name: ᬅᬗᬶᬡ ᬩᬸᬓ᭄ (Angin Buk) ()
Core: Punishment
Appearance: A smiling (sneering?) shadow puppet of a one-eyed dust devil complete with dust horns
Personality: Affable and jovial at times, the Great Accuser is unrelenting in his pursuit and pun(-)ishment of sinners. Whether his scourging is proportional to the sin and whether it does more harm than good is certainly a matter of heated debate.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:53:15 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great One Sheet
Name: Korhan
Core: Death
Appearance: A pallid reflection of a mortal (Species depends on the viewer), Korhan's garb is relatively simple and basic.
Personality: To be jolly, kind and caring when faced with an inevitable fate is a requirement when one's core is Death. To guide, shepherd and care for the dead as a mighty responsibility, and to be the endbringer for those mortals at the end of their life requires a certain temperament and calmness that few other 'cores' require.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 01:37:19 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great One Sheet
Name: Zargothrax
Core: Rituals
Appearance: A star shining in the heavens
Personality: Logical yet aloof.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Great One Sheet

Name: Archea
Core: Strength (Symbolized with a damaged sword, unable to match the user's strength)
Appearance: A girl with spirit, she cares little for clothes, mostly just using wrappings on her hands, feet and lewd areas. Armor is more accepted, due to utility, but even then she prefers partial coverage. The exposed skin is her canvas, and each scar and muscle is a part of her life story. Archea tends to pick one sword per avatar, it is never replaced, and becomes a central piece of the avatar's gravestone, the chips and dents representing the avatar's struggles. Because of this, Archea's symbol is often that of a damaged sword.
Personality: Archea is a bit of a meathead, she doesn't always do the smartest thing, preferring to do the awesome thing. She revels in attention, though this may get some of her avatars prematurely killed. Archea can do smart things though, and if it's a good thing, she can be quite determined indeed, though it also gives another thing to brag about.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Great One Sheet
Name: Desana
Core: Life
Appearance: A spinning 4 leafed 4 petaled flower. The leaves are green and the petals are blue and purple. I’m really bad at drawing, basically a 4 leaf clover with blue and purple petals shaped like the leaves but turned in a way so the leaves can be seen. All petals were supposed to be the same size in the drawing of them.
Personality: Kind, tends to avoid conflict when able.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

Great One Sheet
Name: Noc Vulock Knock
Core: Change
Appearance: An ever shifting Golden sphere, covered in many tentacled eyes, or is it many eyed tentacles- possibly both, possibly neither. could be mistaken for a sun from a distance.
Personality: Yes.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: [1] 2