Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Asin's Mod Megamix! (47.xx)  (Read 6402 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Asin's Mod Megamix! (47.xx)
« on: July 08, 2020, 07:04:26 am »

ASIN'S MOD MEGAMIX

A collection of races from all across my history as a modder, fixed up for 47.xx, and some races fresh and new.

How to use the mod:

1. Download the mod.
2. Look at the folders that pique your interest.
3. Click on said folders.
4. Move the files inside the folders of your liking into the "objects" subfolder of the "raws" folder.
5. Start up Dwarf Fortress.

Changelog:

0.2: Divided into sub-packs, depending on what you want in DF. Files within the sub-pack folder that aren't civ folders or desc_.txt files are usually creature_.txt/item_.txt files that are shared by the races.

Races added:

*Humanesques: Horruks, Myrmidons, Severians
*Beast Peoples: Meletians (Monstrous Humanoids), Mayochi
*Dark Elves: Dusk Elves (Culture Shock Dark Elves)
*Human Peoples: Aurgelí (Culture Shock Icedwellers), Hito (Culture Shock), Gagorins (Culture Shock)
*Dwarfkin: Deep Dwarves (Culture Shock)
*Misc. Races: Kulurids

0.1: Initial release.
Races added: Catmen, Dark Elves, Moss Elves, Apuks, Guuths.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 02:56:58 pm by Asin »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Asin's Misc. Races Pack! (47.xx)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 10:29:15 am »

You know, since Culture Shock (my first and biggest mod), I realized I grew a little too big with it. Perhaps this pack of more miscellaneous races could evolve into something more? Perhaps even a Culture Shock 2? What do you all think?

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 11:05:25 am »

First off, neat mod, good to see simpler ideas making their weays to the public and also to see you back in the saddle.

What are your plans for the old mods? Are you just gonna yeet them like that, or maybe bring back some races you were really fond like? I had sent you a pack of animals for the Hito, so maybe you could do something with those for this mod? I could also send over my personal catgirl/catboy version of Hito creature if you'd like  :P

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 11:53:24 am »

First off, neat mod, good to see simpler ideas making their weays to the public and also to see you back in the saddle.

What are your plans for the old mods? Are you just gonna yeet them like that, or maybe bring back some races you were really fond like? I had sent you a pack of animals for the Hito, so maybe you could do something with those for this mod? I could also send over my personal catgirl/catboy version of Hito creature if you'd like  :P

My plans for the old mods... I was thinking of sorta pulling some of my favorite races from each of my more original mods, yeah. Most of them from Culture Shock, but a few from the Monstrous races mod I did, and maybe a few from the Wee Folk mod and the like.

If I go about this, I know a certain few races will get brought back, like the Hito, Icedwellers (probably under a new name though) and my take on Hobgoblins.

Races like Culture Shock's Dark Elves might be renamed or sorta fused with their equivalent in this mod, so it'd be Culture Shock's weird extremely vaguely Francosphere dark elves with loud birds and cats as battle companions mixed with the more Japanese inspired Dark Elves of this mod.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Asin's Mod Megamix! (47.xx)
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 03:01:43 pm »

So! Been a bit! Finally got around to updating this, and uh, wow. I think I just about tripled the amount of races in this mod. I hope you all enjoy the new update.

And sorry for disappearing again. Sometimes I fall in and out of modding DF in pursuit of other game based endeavours, or life decides to tell me to focus on something more important for now.

So yeah, this should be a good update. Be wary of shoving in all the races in at once, though. I dunno how this version of DF would handle it.

Also, we renaming this to better fit the new "anything goes" part of this mod now.

-Asin

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Asin's Mod Megamix! (47.xx)
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 09:08:59 pm »

So, sorry I haven't updated the mod in a while, I've just been out of DF for a bit. I am wondering though. Any suggestions, whether it be a favorite creature, civilization, or something else from one of my older mods, or perhaps some sort of new idea different from what my other mods had?