Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Crystal Sphere IC: Cycle 7 [10/12]  (Read 7136 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal Sphere IC: Cycle 6 [Recruit?]
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2020, 02:37:36 pm »

The dark twin muffles the light's mouu'ing.

I do not wish to block travel. Simply move the road to the opening, and we will work on a forest path that will block the opening. This way, the road can be taken to travel in and out through the only opening, instead of it breaching the shell. We have no reason to leave a path through that hole if you disagree with this, as there is no roads there. We shall simply work to patch it over.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2020, 03:46:42 pm »

"Very well
Working: Move the Rainbow roads which penetrate the Egg to all go through the opening created by Ferrous"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2020, 06:44:15 pm »

There needs to be predators
Decree: Create the Silver Eels, eels made of silver that hunt the blood/crystal spheres

The Echoers are stuck, do they not have legs?
Working: Add legs to Echoers so they’re able to move on land

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2020, 11:33:53 pm »

Decree: create pylons, tall rectuangular organisms that grow branches in a manner akin to trees. They feed off light and heat to produce both energy and electricity. Both are stored as a starch-like or glucose-like forms dependent on the needs of the organism. Electricity is utilised to power a pylon's lights, which allow it to shine in the dark and day. The flashing of these lights in sequence is detected by the photoreceptors of other pylons. The flashing of these lights translates into genetic information, which is utilised by the receiving pylon to produce new pylons. The offspring pylon has mixed genetic data of both the receiving pylon and the sending pylon. The light of a pylon can greaten feelings of hope in species capable of sapient thought. Furthermore, electricity is also stored in cuboid 'fruit' that hang off pylon branches. These are used as batteries by the pylons.

Decree: Because This One is Able To, AWE travels along the rainbow roads to the world of the Seals. Here, they modify ALL the Demon-Sun Children they find. They are converted into asbestoid life, who constantly drop asbestos fibres as they live. These fibres, should they be exposed to sufficient light, multiply and expand, slowly covering areas with an asbestos covering. Now and then, some of these fibres will thread themselves into another Demon-Sun Child. Their diets are changed, to consist on a combination of light and heat. Each individual has eyes of blood and light. The new Demon-Sun Children are granted cleansed minds; no longer seeking Seal flesh, they seek Contemplation of the worlds and the preservation of Hope. These new beings are renamed Illuminati.

Working: Attempt to bring along populations of Djinn to the Throne World and the Illuminati to Ferrous.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2020, 08:58:50 am »

The two twins are fighting now that they are away from She of Roads.

Why'd you do that Bacause you are too combative No I'm notThen what are you doing Expressing displeasure Let us simply begin work on the block. Fine

Working(Together): The two twins gather cloudseas, inkseas, and the stones of each in great clumps for their project, moving to the hole in the Ovum Lux and building a thundercloudy foundation upon the stone. They then take some of the Sandywoods and replant them in a pleasing configuration that while leaving the road in and out open, completely blocks sight from outside and in to casual observers beyond a specific size. The natural effect of these will be useful in preventing sight. The end result is a sturdy forest cover that should prevent any and all sight from the first two tiers, and with the shell patched should prevent the law of no-flesh from spreading further.

Now what.. Now we get back to planning what to do about Verdant Resplendant. Then proper war? Then proper war. We'll see how well you do against me in that setting. Same as always, Levis wins! Always with the last word... Not that I'm going to lose. What was that? Nothing.

The twins return to focusing on their Decrees.

Hmm, you know, rather than try and eat the law, why not make them more in our image? Because this Ferrous person seems to have it in for you. Yeah, they are mean. But if we do this~ Hmm, seems you do have good ideas sometimes. But what if we add this with the freed resources? Might work? Having mounts will make conquest much easier to pull off. Ooh- make them multicolored! Hard enough without that, how about-
Talk continues as things are worked out.

Decree: Elemental Return
Decree to make the Sun-children elemental beings made of photons, inner light. To make the Night-children elemental beings of Spotons(dark equivalent), deep darkness.
They can in fact touch and live with each other, though they are each other's weaknesses. Add in basic ability to throw their element with bolts and their food cycle about consuming food to convert to energy. Other than that they act normally, and don't take damage from the environment like the Demon-Sun Children tended to. Benefit of not being affected by the no-flesh law and becoming what they were meant to be.

Decree: Elemental Bond
Decree: That Demon-Sun Children are altered and reborn to become Eclipsing Birds, elemental beings forged from the wind. Flying through the sky on wings of umbral light and auroric winds, they have a mental bond with the Children of the Sun and Night who find and bind them. These mortals have gone too long without care, but now they become as the natural Predators of Throni, eating away at life metallic, asbestos, crystal, or flesh. They don't eat elementals though, and being elemental beings are not affected by the No-Flesh Law. They have a natural affinity for controlling the winds.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 10:51:41 am by TricMagic »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2020, 03:49:55 pm »

Decree: Next to the rainbow road, before the the Sandywoods Forest, inside the Ovum Lux, will be the desert of foreign treasure, mortals brave enough to enter and have strong enough will to survive will be rewarded with great treasure in the eyes of some, but not necessary a great treasure for them.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2020, 08:16:10 pm »

"I do believe you are an excellent wife, Infinite Mirrors. Let us produce more beautiful, or at least great, children!"

Trying not to pay heed to the tearing elsewhere, enjoy time with and produce more beautiful children with Infinite Mirrors.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2020, 11:38:53 pm »

PTW

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2020, 10:40:36 am »

Utugar looks at the sky in the vague direction of his rebellious smith and works a dozen harps placidly as he sings a song of secrets and nonsense (but mostly nonsense and lack of meter).

"There are no secret actions in the Crystal Sphere,
And even if there were secret actions, this wouldn't count as a public placeholder,
And even if this counted as a public placeholder, a cursory investigation would uncover the ruse,
And even if a cursory investigation didn't uncover the ruse, a decree would suffice to reveal it,
And even if a decree weren't enough to reveal it, there wouldn't be anything to find,
And even if there was something to find, it would be something innocuous,
And even if it wasn't innocuous, it wouldn't cause any lasting damage,
And even if it did cause lasting damage, it wouldn't benefit Utugar,
And even if it did benefit Utugar, it would be public,
And even if it weren't public, that wouldn't make any sense,
'Cause there are no secret actions in the Crystal Sphere.
fmvxg reyqe fmlvo eliee oalnr mbjii kwhzc qrsfe ezafv tcyux ietdg ffplm reegs rmftw dkhyx opcjc tpf
There's no trick or trap or treacherous plot.
There are no secrets in the Crystal Sphere.
No secret acts or invisitext,
No ciphertext or stegano,6,
Just ask your friendly GM and confirm!
"

Refreshed after a break from his duties, Utugar goes back to lording over the Seals after having done absolutely nothing this Cycle.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2020, 10:45:56 am »

Utugar looks at the sky in the vague direction of his rebellious smith and works a dozen harps placidly as he sings a song of secrets and nonsense (but mostly nonsense and lack of meter).

And even if there were secret actions, this wouldn't count as a public placeholder,
And even if this counted as a public placeholder, a cursory investigation would uncover the ruse,
And even if a cursory investigation didn't uncover the ruse, a decree would suffice to reveal it,
And even if a decree weren't enough to reveal it, there wouldn't be anything to find,

fmvxg reyqe fmlvo eliee oalnr mbjii kwhzc qrsfe ezafv tcyux ietdg ffplm reegs rmftw dkhyx opcjc tpf

"

Refreshed after a break from his duties, Utugar goes back to lording over the Seals after having done absolutely nothing this Cycle.
I found the transparent text...no secrets huh?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2020, 10:48:22 am »

"

And nobody was surprised.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2020, 11:22:36 am »

"

And nobody was surprised.
now the issue is how to decode the cypher

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2020, 08:38:40 pm »

"Text? Text? What manner of befuddlery is this? What even is text."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal Sphere IC: Cycle 5 [Recruit?]
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2020, 08:54:45 pm »

7:1 Ferrous was tired. It was not a tiredness of the Body, though the efforts used to break the egg did make Ferrous weary. But nay, it was a greater tiredness, a tiredness of the Mind.
7:2 For too long, Ferrous had set aside His goal in favor of preparation. There were so many things to be done to make the world right for His workings. There were so many about who may see His creations and decide to harm them in spite.
7:3 But Ferrous was tired of the great burden He did shoulder, though He knew it to be necessary. And now that He had His subjects, He did know how hard it was to hear their pleas. And if He could not hear their please, how could He answer them? To allow others to cry out and respond with silence was the greatest sin a Noble could commit.
7:4 First, though. There were two things left to be done before Ferrous could allow Himself to indulge in His goals. Two last preparatory works.
7:5 Long had the ringworld of She-of-Roads called to Ferrous. It was magnetic; He was Ferrous. The attraction was in His nature and name. And so Ferrous, in His great knowledge of physics, did take hold of the ringworld with their shared magnetic bond, and pulled. 7:6 Closer and closer did the ringworld come, roads of rainbow trade carried with it, and as it did so, Ferrous rotated it, such that the ring would encircle Him rather than either impact Him or simply enter His orbit. And once it was in place, Ferrous set the ring into a spin about Himself. 7:7 And so Ferrous did construct a great generator of the ringworld and His Body, with their magnetic fields interacting to form arcs and bolts of lightning, perpetually dancing across His surface and the ring's.
7:8 Pleased with His work, Ferrous began to... settle, perhaps. But that ha been but the first thing, the Working of Ferrous. There was one final Decree to be made.

Hear ye, with the knowledge of Tin. Hear ye, with the authority of Gold. Hear ye, with the power of Ferrous! And I advise all to listen closely.
Let all know that Metal Invicta - that Metal is victorious. Know that Metal is what is right, that Metal is what is true - and know, too, that to fight what is right, what is true, is to fight in futility. Let it be clear that to fight Metal, to fight the idea of Metal, to fight the wielders of Metal, to fight the cause of Metal is to doom yourself to failure. Only Metal may best Metal; otherwise, the best one may hope for is a temporary victory, a pyrrhic one, where all that you 'win' will be ashes in your mouth for the losses you have incurred and have yet to incur.
Know this: simply because one is not of Metal does not prevent them from wielding It, from aligning themselves with it, from using Its power. Even the least among you may use It and benefit from It. But know, too, that to defy that same power is to invite naught but failure upon yourself.
I decree thus, with the sight of Tin. I decree thus, with the glory of Gold. I decree thus, with the name of Ferrous.
Nay, with more than that.
I decree thus for the law-keeper Bakukik, whose Justice separates the cruel from the righteous.
I decree thus in the memory of Ύπνος, who dreamed Clockwork visions and now drifts Slumbering across eternity.
I decree thus with the Hope of AWE, whose Asbestos has brought life to My Surface.
I decree thus in the Wisdom of Midnight, who shines in dreams and watches forever tick past.
In these names, these titles, these virtues and spheres, heed my words and know my Decree.

And know thus:
Upon the eve of the seventh cycle did I rest.

2:1:1 From the Surface of Ferrous did arise a great Spire, covered in grand patters of Steel, Bronze, Silver, and Gold. This Spire did rise, growing, towering above the World below.
1:2 But the World no longer was Resplendent. Nor any longer was it Ferrous, for Ferrous was the Spire. This shining World, gleaming with Metal and stronger for it, would be known now as Aurum, and would remain as such until Ferrous did see fit to return His essence to It.
1:3 The towering Spire did not remain so for long. The among the patterns upon Its Surface did appear seams, which then separated. One might have said that this Spire bloomed in a manner akin to one of Eschara's flowers, though what lay within It was much unalike. 1:4 As the Spire did unfold, Its Contents did not simply spill forth, but rather unfurled from the center, arranging Themselves in a great web upon the surface of Aurum. If one were to witness the process, it would strike them that, but for a slight creaking - like limbs long unused being stretched for the first time - the whole of the process was nearly silent.
1:5 When all This was laid out, there was a moment of peace. A moment of quiet. A moment where none who might have seen did aught but look upon this grand Working in awe. And so it was - for a moment.
1:6 Then, a pumping could be heard. The Bellows inhaled, and the fire of the Forges did answer Their outward breath. Upon countless Anvils, Hammers did begin their work.
1:7 Ferrous, the Imperial Manufactory, was free to Construct...

...but there was yet something He did need to say before He could indulge in His desires, for Noblesse Oblige demanded it.

Heed My words, all ye who would call for help! Heed My words, all ye who would appeal to a higher power! Heed My words as I greet you, for I am your Emperor Ferrous!
Too long has my hearing been shut to the smallfolk, to those who may have need of guidance and assistance! Today, I say: no longer! I have Descended that I may hear you, and hear you I shall. All ye who would petition the gods, my Court is open to hear your pleas! All ye who would demand justice, my Court is open to heed your calls! All ye who would request protection, my Court is open to grant you Our strength!
All, heed My words, for My Court is open to all!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 11:09:20 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2021, 11:54:16 am »

OOC, Recruitment open!

Cycle 7
It can thus be definitely confirmed
That thermites are
More civilized than
Imps
Who do not even pass the
Proper usage of Thrones Test

The Celestial Peach

Quote from: Eschara
The Echoers are stuck, do they not have legs?
Seeing the plight of the malformed Echoers beached upon her Moon, Eschara's heart too echoes, but with compassion. Taking up scalpel in kelpy tendril, she first prunes away the thick shells of ivy that had covered the Echoers. Then she did she carve and slice away at the excess and needless fat which burdened the Firstborn so. She transplanted their many legs, and added some more, turning them into graceful stone centipedes happily scurrying about the islands and surprisingly adeptly swimming around in the seas and echoing whatever thoughts the Litfish send their way, which has given then a place as message board and semi-reliable mail system within the fledging Litfish society.

When a rare eclipse happens, the now lithe, yet still trapped upon a moon, Echoers keen and low at the twinkling stars above, who seem to echo back, perhaps.

Quote from: The Growing Death
There needs to be predators
Her infinite mercy exhausted for a time now, did Eschara put down the knife of kindness, and took up the spinning wheel of horror, indulging in the sacred vice of death for a time, spinning many of her tendrils away into the deadly Silver Eels who took a few bites from her in passing, before disappearing into the currents of the Weeping Sea. Deadly pack predators, pods of Silver Eels fell upon the peaceful, soft, Litfish schools like sharks, dying the waters with blood from their feeding frenzies. Many Moon-Kin were devoured, older Silver Eels growing large and strange, their bodies seemingly disjointed in space, and able to blink here and there, singing haunting hunting songs of those lost in fractal infinities.

Many Litfish are driven mad by their hunting songs, but staunchly attempt to defend the divine teacher Moonkins. Under the guidance of the School-Mothers, they prune and twist vines to grow into strange symbols, causing them to become unseen. Then with these traps they sometimes manage to entrap less canny Silver Eels, both physically and metaphorically, happily devouring them. The Hammer blesses the eels with enough force to sometimes break free from the mind/body mazes.

Pure Moonkin are becoming rarer now, since they do not seem to reproduce among themselves, but their twisted half offspring only continue to grow ever more numerous, taking up positions of prestige among the Litfish schools. Basking in the death and growth and you spot a crystal dragon of ruin surfing on sobbing waves. Is nowhere free of the wretched things?

[Centi-Echoers appear]
[Eschara: +1 Discord]

The Celestial Coupling

Quote from: The Contemptuous Thief
"I do believe you are an excellent wife, Infinite Mirrors. Let us produce more beautiful, or at least great, children!"

Continuing the leisurely existence of the idle Resplendant. Does Sculptor true seduce with symphonic, tectonic, humming and heliography. Oh coy Infinite mirrors under the light of the Fool and cracked Shell-Sun, upon planes of humming of the Crystal Sphere, beneath Sky of Aetherial Storm embedded with asteroid and echo-star and moon-kin.

Gently like Metal touching Sun-Egg does star-crossed lovers connect, Litfish pervert-scholars spying upon event with keen curiosity. Your children float free soon after, vibrating happily at their parent-units. The dozen Horizons are so attractive that not even light can escape the siren well of their beauty, and thus are incapable of being observed. Some might argue that this makes them gravely Tenebrous, but they are wrong.

You intuit that they are probably panther-shaped. You and your moon-wife's birthing scars are refilled with gleaming jade transmuted from Fool-light, giving the two of you a rakish look.

Naive and filial,
the Horizons begin elaborate ceremonies of parent-grooming, happily dancing and bouncing around upon resplendant skin, scouring your surface of annoying imperfect parasites, who had begun forming noticeable, ugly, rashes.

While the annoyingly persistent affliction will no doubt spring up against at some point, you are free of them for now.

The Blood Moon Acts
It comes
There is no Deus Ex Peach to drive it back. No Veil to muffle it. Fool-blessed apathy sees it through.
It comes
The slumbering Fourteen Made One is devoured with disturbing ease, used to re-cultivate wounds sustained in the battle against the War-Peach, interrupting fossilization into nightmare-bezoar.
It comes
With the lazy grace of a predator, it swoops in on the Ring-Hub, taking a massive bite out of it, rendering it only nine-tenths of a ringworld. Mirrored Mantis burbles vexedly and drives away the Blood Moon. The Litfish celebrate the arrival of the Great Shifu, and many secret things are recorded in lotuspod, safe from the prying eyes of the divine. Sampling... Material Composition? Magnetic.
It comes
It floats closer to Ovum Lux, and curiously peers through cracked-halo hole. Fortunately(?) it seems to be too large to fit through. Unfortunately(?) it seems to be summoning momentum into its body, perhaps planning to widen the hole through force.
It comes
Perhaps it would have taken some time to gather the force required, but the hammer features prominently this cycle. Thus with astral blessing, the Blood Moon crashes into the Ovum Lux. A miscalculation perhaps occurred, for while the Blood Moon did succeed in widening further hole, their momentum was expended while only partway through. Now seemingly stuck. Malevolent ripples shudder through unblood and desecrated crystal. Ding! Scouting complete! End stealth mission. Transmitting data...

It begins to rain...

The Metal of Hubris

In the now lifeless wastes left behind the by impact, AWE dances and runs amidst swirls of souls bobbing skyward, towards the promised Sea of Souls, where shall be learned the forbidden secrets and the forgotten knowledge. You can feel it in your marrow. A soul-tide is coming.

And in from each fuzzy footprint sprouted a pylon. Trees most rectangular, shining light and hope into the crushed and destitute spirits of djinni slowly making their way back into the devastated landscape, cursing cruel metal and crying mercury tears for the dead, dancing the funeral dances and weaving the death-rugs. Their potent thunderfruit has thoroughly electrocuted those foolish enough to taste.

And then Second Precept departed for distant ambit in travois pulled by fleet of ferries.

Quote from: knowledge of Tin. authority of Gold. power of Ferrous
Let all know that Metal Invicta *chirpchirp* and know, too, that to fight what is right, what is true, is to fight in futility. Let it be clear that *chirpchirp* the best one may hope for is a temporary victory, a pyrrhic one, where all that you 'win' will be ashes in your mouth for the losses you have incurred and have yet to incur.
Know this: simply because one is not of Metal does not prevent them from wielding It, from aligning themselves with it, from using Its power. Even the least among you may use It and benefit from It. *chirpchirp*
I decree thus, with the sight of Tin. I decree thus, with the glory of Gold. I decree thus, with the name of Ferrous.

As ambition continued to grow unimpeded with the innards of the second last Resplendant World, the Crystal Sphere, which has been largely quiescent since the... breach, suddenly flared into magnificence, perhaps stirred from reverie. As Ferrous attempted to speak their supremacy, the constant background [] suddenly rose into a great [] which blanketed blasphemy with sacred silence. Fortunately, there were some bats nearby to fill in the silence.

Ferrous feels suspicion beginning to stick to him strand by strand, like a thick honey, as if being trapped by an interrogator seeking to discover his secrets.

The effects of the altered decree are unclear at current.

Quote from: Prideful Construct
7:5 Long had the ringworld of She-of-Roads called to Ferrous. It was magnetic; He was Ferrous.

Long suppressed, unnatural lusts and urges finally flared up within the iron heart of Ferrous. He could resist the temptations of that seductive Ringworld no longer. And so he didn't.

Pulled together as Magnetic and Ferrous, husband and pretend-wife.

Rainbow roads creaking and groaning as they strain and twist, their hub unmoored. With grace and ease, Ferrous girded himself with lodestone, and with razor lash set it into circling motion. From the romantic tension discharged endless snakes and spheres of electricity, pushing the ring-wife ever further motion into perpetual and unending motion.

Yet, the ring was made imperfect by the Sanguine Lunar, and its rotating wobbled. And so, there came into being an equatorial lightning zone upon Ferrous, where unpredictably might lightning strike, and so were those who dared, reside there in danger and fear of the electric. Except of course, for the Horizon Pylons, who through mutation flourished and grew gluttonous, towering ambitiously.

Upon the ringworld itself, Mirrored Mantis and his Imp kingdom was very unhappy with the sudden appearance of constant lightning, his half-completed palaces and geoglyphs struck asunder by the passions of the heavens. As such, they migrated to the Crystal Wastes of Ferrous, aboard chained ferries, and begun erecting new ziggurats and elaborate mercury canals in strange patterns. The first tentative djinni skirmishers were brutally crushed, and so the Emirs turned their closed fists into open palm. Trade proved profitable, the doll-like Imps offering exquisitely carved crystal weapons and armour for various Djinni artpieces, which Mirrored Mantis happily displayed upon its many ziggurats.

Some Djinni Emirs have begin attempting to imitate the grand ziggurats of the Mirrored Kingdom, but metal blocks are heavy, and their carpets usually don't really see the point.

Quote from: And know thus
Upon the eve of the seventh cycle did I rest.

Seeking to escape spherical interrogation and his sham of a marriage, Ferrous abandoned his Resplendant grossness like a worm crawling from an apple. Or in this case, a millipede.

Like an asbestos eruption, the ground exploded apart, and lightning tore the sky, as slowly the picktipped feelers explored the way, and the fiery foundry breath emerged from mandibles to melt a way free from the Metal of Aurum. Step by step by step by step (etc.) Ferrous slowly emerged from the corpse of his former self, bursts of steam occasionally whistling from vents along the sides of his gleaming carapace, melted metal slurries he had swallowed being hammered within his anvil gizzards and forge-stomachs.

Ferrous, imperial forge-train, has come!

Fields of fuzzy panels and even breakers and pylons were incidentally crushed beneath the relentless advance of this manufacturing continent, the vibrations of his footsteps sending slight tremors all around, as it roamed across the surface of Aurum. Happily digging into Thermite nests and devouring them, the explosiveness giving them a nice fizzy taste.

Quote from: 'Emperor' Ferrous
All ye who would petition the gods, my Court is open to hear your pleas! All ye who would demand justice, my Court is open to heed your calls! All ye who would request protection, my Court is open to grant you Our strength!
All, heed My words, for My Court is open to all!

It is with the sonorous voice of a steam organ that Ferrous declares open the imperial court. Many Djinni wondered at the cause of the strange wind that so shook their cavern homes. The Dukes listened and understood, but they were mighty and prideful creatures, who sought to realize their desires through their own strength, and so did not come.

Come did however, great floods of Living melodies screeching and making a general mess of the solemn atmosphere of the imperial court, held under the splendour of the open sky. They demanded justice yes, justice against Ferrous, who had murdered their common ancestor, Too-Many-Questions, and of course, the many many other Djinni implicated by the devouring of part of the Ovum Lux. Apparently, many Djinni have heard the lay of the matter from Melodic relatives, and are beginning to search for the elusive Emperor Ferrous, to seek reckoning for the obliteration of entire carpets.

They call up as a key witness the Spherical Sages. A gaggle of such Sages suddenly flicker into view. Several nondescript, musty figures concealed by their asbestos robes, they confirm most claims of the Living Melodies in dry, dull tones, consulting various lotuspod records at times, while also recording every part of the proceedings in minute, trivialistic, detail. When asked to provide their name, they say they are.

The light of the Fool carves wondrous murals depicting various scenes of Metal, all over the Radiant Realm of Ferrous, making them look very fetching.

Ferrous notices that the tireless work of the Second Precept, and generations of asbestoid life, has covered Aurum in a thick, fuzzy layer of Asbestos, glorious metal hidden from plain sight.

Rapidly moving unrobots are spotted flitting about by some hermit Djinn. Reportedly made of un-angles and fractal mud, most laugh them off as hallucinations caused by prolonged social isolation. Yet rumours persist of them gathering with Moon-kin in unholy sabbaths where they plot conquest.

[Ferrous: -2 Spheric Alignment]
[The dread reverence of Ferrous collapses into vague legends, myths and racial trauma.]
[Working Succeeded?]
[Remnant Metal World of Aurum]
[Pylons variate into Horizon Pylons]

Expedition

It was with surprise that Glows-Like-Moon welcomes the Grand Matchmaker herself into their little Sky-Road expedition. Appearing suddenly, like storm upon mercury sea, clad in a mist of incense, eyes glittering with romantic wisdom. Still, the journey would only go smoother with such an august one accompanying them.

The journey starts smoothly enough, fine crystal weapons and armour allowing the Djinni to defeat easily defeat larval Valves, and hunt the strange Bats that begin popping up as the journey continues.

Then disappearances started happening. The expedition members knew what was causing it of course, the Dreads, which helped, but it didn't stop. Until AWE stepped in, hovering protectively over the expedition like a mother hen, chasing away the fear-monsters. Then many djinni fall mad when they gaze too long at the distant edge, where pulses alluring the Soul-Sea, and the others learn to not look there. And then, as they begin to get closer to their destination, for Glows-Like-Moon had long ago realized that the Grand Matchmaker were indeed nudging them somewhere, many djinni began to develop strange growths on their body as the light of the Sun became brighter and more glorious, and the Djinni learnt to cover themselves in some of their tapestry trade goods they brought to barter with potential friends.

In their journey did the caravan hear many strange things from passing echo-stars. Once they even met with a valiant company of echo-knights, led by the First of the Firstborn, all of them scarred by their many battles yet filled with vigour and zeal. It warned them to beware the sphere of mercury and crystal, and ate meal with the Djinni, telling them many outlandish tales, of fish who ate each others memories, and a land where the ground was living things all the way down, and that Sun was once smaller and brighter than it is now. And then it left again, and the Djinni continued their journey.

Finally the Sun began to loom over them, and sharpsighted Djinni spotted the road they walked snaking into it, before going blind. Then veils of incense protected their faces as the Second Precept remembered how fragile the little things were, and they continued. Entering the sun was dazzling and wondrous, something beyond what any of the expedition had ever dared dreamed of, and great was there surprise when, after a monsoon of tiring travel, they came out the other side.

None had ever thought the Sun would be hollow! All djinn in position see the truth died most terribly.

The Hollow Sun

Quote from: She of Roads
Very well

The roads are lassoed to the Continental Caravan with ropes of mountain sinew, bucking wildly against their entrapment. Then, slowly, yet unstoppably, they are dragged to the Gap, the Ovum Lux closing behind them, and opening ahead of them, like some sort of roadphobic liquid. It is as you were dragging the last road into place that the Blood Moon came. Is disregarded your carefully designed interchange, and just crashed right into the Sun! Your roads... just vanish into the Blood Moon, and as the final road sways into the enigmatic blood and crystal, many of your carriages and wagons begin to click and whirr ominously, and you can hear the echoes of giggling children.

Trying to get rid of that annoying *whirr-click* sound, She of Roads empties much of her inventory out into a literal desert of trash, floating in the central void around which the Throne-World drifts. But she never found cause of *whirr-click*. As the spherical sages say, one deity's trash is another mortal's treasure, and no doubt brave explorers will be able to discover all sorts of interesting knicknacks in the garbage dump.

Many sky-gazers are unhappy about this unsightly lump blocking sightlines across to the other side of the Throne-world. *whirr-click*

Meanwhile, Levis est geminae toiled and laboured to cover the gap with comparatively miniscule amounts of stone, her many trips to and fro bringing barely visible progress. The scale of the task, frankly quite beyond her. Fortunately, a giant moon of blood and crystal offers to help, and fills up the hole for her! With that problem solved, she begins to decorate it with pretty thundery clouds and saves some of the dwindling sandygroves from Throni, and begins to plant them around the her new moon friend and on it too. Yay! Wait, why are the light and dark cores bleeding? Mind hurts...

Quote from: Hope for Blood
Because This One is Able To
Quote from: Schizophrenic Light
Might work? Having mounts will make conquest much easier to pull off. Ooh- make them multicolored!

The Grand Matchmaker dances along the Throne-Ring, breaking any sun-curses upon Seals they find, turning the now blessed into most sacred asbestos, who further spread the divine gift. The enlightened Illuminati turn to contemplation on treetops, in deserts and high places, and often tell inspiring stories to those they meet.

Yet as Acter Working Entity continues their rampage(?) they discover a strange divine of spinning Levity and Dark changing one of the sun-cursed into a strange giant bird, feathered with sky! The two keep clashing thereafter, in perhaps a tango, and their race to convert more sun-cursed becomes something of a rivalry or competition. With their combined efforts, they soon run out of Sun-Cursed.

Seeking to export their genius, AWE attempts to smuggle some of their Illuminati out of the Sun, but run into a border patrol construction workers of the Realm of Trade. They are currently relocating the sky-roads. So AWE decides to just take a bypass through the giant hole instead waiting for the works to finish. But then GIANT MOON OF RIPPLING BLOOD, IT SINGS SWEET PROMISES OF RELEASE-

AWE remains inside the sun for now.

When Ferrous first gnawed through the Sun, the secret cults among the smiths and metalworkers, those with the hidden sign of of metal, rejoiced, for they knew that finally the time had come, after several deca-Morakhans for the Reign of Metal! The first step of this manifest destiny was of course, to overthrow Sword-solves-Problems. Unfortunately, the astral crown upon his brow warned the dashing king of their ambush, and he launched a counter-ambush. And then the Center Kingdom descended into something of a civil war, and there was a serf revolt by discontent Days and Nights.

It was generally a mess as the, apparently fragile, edifice began to cave in on itself. Some conspiracy theorists claimed the entire thing was the work of dragons and their cults.

Quote from: Prideful Pride
"UTUGAR AE EATER AE SOON. Go with my blessing,. The stars are right!"

Until came Soon, appearing before Sword-solves-Problems. Spoke she did, and the beasts of the forest and the field fled before her majesty,

"UTUGAR AE EATER AE SOON. You're like, totally my type. Become my priest, and I shall help you retake your kingdom, and more! Your subjects shall number the stars!"

And Sword-solves-Problems, not wishing to be ripped apart by a hundred hands anytime soon, happily(?) agreed! With the aid of his patron, the rebellious cultists were behanded, and the fearsome Eclipse Riders swiftly devoured. The rightful dynasty of the Nectarine throne was restored through brute force, more united and prosperous than ever. Their only credibly rival, the Ruinous Crystal Horde.

And thus Sword-solves-Problems began gathering a grand host of valiant bronze bedecked seal warriors and eclipse rider janissaries. There were even a few tamed Morakhan! Truly it was a force the likes of which Throni had never seen before!

Quote from: Ruinous
Ruinous Civilization, Uniting the Imperfect Tribes

At least so thought its soldiers until they were met with the endless tides of crystal imps, spilling from end to end of the Throne world, gibbering hungrily for the flesh of the Centrists, for the breakdown of their very civil order. Led by their god-kings, Ocarl, Anacros and Exilat, they truly bled the warriors of Sword-solves-Problems, even with the great Soon on their side.

Quote from: Many-handed Giver of Thrones and Matching Gifts
"I thank you for your gracious gifts, O Unashamed Dragon. Swear that you won't harm the Center Kingdom beyond its ability to recover, and your betrothal will be sealed."

But temporary setback was rapidly overturned as the Duke of Cobalt arrived with his cohort of Living Melodies and sowed infighting and unrest among the Imps, his authority over them still intact. Imp turns on imp, even as seals slaughtered both of them. While Soon was surprised to hear of her apparent betrothal, beyond some grumbling over her domineering mother she did not outright reject the betrothal.

Ultimately, the superiority of metal triumphed over crystal, and the crystal hordes were broken, and scattered to the winds.

Quote from: Coruxion Hivemind
Each Ruinous forges a kingdom.
Ocarl creates Carlitte in the Ovum Lux, they will have a particular focus on Crystalworking and great works.
Anacros founds Troadra in the Ovum Lux, they will have a particular focus on strategy and warfare education.
Exilat founds Batrus in the Ovum Lux, they will have a particular focus on martial prowess and self-development.
Iurai the Contemptous, forgotten even by the rest of itself, has gone missing.

Blooded, the Centred Kingdom took some time to recover, expanding slowly, erecting monuments and ziggurats to the glory great Soon, and lesser shines to her consort the Shameless Duke, and to her Mother Utugar and Father Eater and to the Goddess She of Roads, War, Logistics and Trade. While officially worship of the Crystal God of Malice and Defeat is banned, cults to him have so far proved annoyingly persistent and difficult to stamp out. Cults in general flourish, despite the best efforts of the Soonish inquisition. Are the dragons hard at work, or hardly working?

And then their expanded legions marched upon the throne. The city-states of Carlitte, Troadra, Batrus were sieged, then taken, and when their imps proved thoroughly intractable subjects, razed to the ground. The former city lords fled into the hills, never to be found again. Imps remain a persistent annoyance in the hinterlands, though never managing to raise great cities again, their tribes perform frequent raids and ambushes on outlying villages and travelling merchants.

It was somewhere around this point, that a strange caravan of alien merchants of living cloth appeared from the skytower in the imperial court. They claimed to be from the distant world of metal. Curious oral historians and chroniclers queried whether it was the same world spoken of in myth, that ate at the sun-sky. Equally curious djinn cross-referenced myths and songs of their two peoples, to piece together the events of the Great Devouring. Glows-like-Moon, content to have lived a full live, finally dies peacefully, succumbing to old age, having lived longer than any other known djinn save the legendary Too-Many-Questions, her life spanning several normal Djinn generations.

Further conquest was an unending stream of victory with little meaningful opposition, the Center Empire rapidly expanding, bulldozing through the desperate tribal alliances and guerilla serf bands, until finally they encircled the entire world, the two fronts of their conquering armies meeting each other the site of crater of the slumbering god. There were a few tense moments before they recognized each others banners.

And Sword-solves-Problems fell down upon a scenic beach and wept because he could not conquer further.

Then Soon bopped him for being silly and reminded him that the nice trade-goddess had made those sky-road things and towers and stuff.

Fields of crystal wheat swaying happily in the sun, grand ziggurats where blood sacrifices to Soon are performed out speckling the land, days and nights worked under the yoke. The people trying to ignore their skin slowly turning more and more metal.

It was as the generals of Sword-solves-Problems were mustering an expeditionary army that the Blood Moon came, and the Blood Rain started.

The astrologers screamed and desperately ripped out their eyes. And as drops began falling upon the land the buildings grew twisted and strange, gears sticking from them seemingly at random. The ziggurats grew more massive and magnificent, priests going into religious ecstasy as blood ran along channels. A strange star hung in dreams.

Under the watering of the blood rain, the relict populations of the first primeval trees, outcompeted by newer Sandywoods and metal-devouring foliage, on botanical terms, exploded into growth, overunning and strangling out all nearby plantlife, rapidly overgrowing cropfields and pastures with metal trees. The royal qi strengthened. While this caused a minor famine, it wasn't a major matter to just let some serfs starve.

At some point the days and nights transformed into beings made of literal light and darkness, and none of the court wizards were quite sure what to make of that. A nascent uprising of the now energy bolt wielding serfs was swiftly crushed by the veteran armies of the Center Kingdom.

All in all, while the Blood Rain seemed to be causing many changes, it was uncertain whether these changes were really bad. Its appearance however, did cause most of the metal transformations of people, animals and plantlife to suddenly vanish for the most part, though some families did retain a trait or two like copper hands or silver eyes. These quickly developed into family names, or metalnames, with aristocratic clans beginning to make a name for themselves, like the Tinears and the Ironfeet.

And, the metal-devouring life finally stopped devouring itself into an eventual ecological meltdown. The Throne World, slowly began to flourish again. In the first generations after the appearance of the Blood-Moon, people were often born with strange tattoos, which the Soonish inquisition determined was likely the origin of the symbols used by the blasphemous Metal Supremacy Cult, but they are fading. People attempting to leave the Center Kingdom to acquire "sick new metal tattoos from that hungry metal world" are sacrificed on the ziggurats.

Sword-solves-Problems is growing old, but is still hale and hearty, much to the disappoint of his sons and grandsons who have since died of old-age. His current heir, great-grandson and Crown-Prince, Listening-Ponderer is expected to succeed him and some point. Soon has grown less active in imperial affairs, apparently content to lay back and receive praise and sacrifice. A grand ceremony is held to officiate her marriage with the Cobalt Duke, who appears to currying favour with her by cooking seal infidels for her just the way her mother used to.

The Fool-star gifts Soon with a sacrificial knife that draws in all the souls of one sacrificed, and devours them.

[The Technology and culture of the Central Empire remains largely stagnant]
[The Central Empire is held together through military force, inertia, and demidivine meddling.]
[Cults flourish]
[Writing does not exist]
[Sandywoods are near extinct upon the World that is Throne]
[Beware the Dragons of Ruin]
[There are no more sun-cursed Seals]
[She of Roads receives 1 Decree from Faith-Streams]
[AWE: +1 Harmony]

Quote from: Truthful Temptations
Heed and listen, Dragons of mine power. These are my crystal revelations, this is the meaning of Ruin, this is the goal of Coruxion.

Rays of foolight weave together and clothe Utugar in silken robes of glory. Only the wise can see them. So many sleeves

Bakukik is armoured in ignorance and buried under the forgotten mountain.

The Rift in the Crystal Sphere neither widens not closes.

The Sculptor is the last Resplendant World standing! Beauty grows radiant and immense.

The Axe is Ascendant. Break, Split, Destroy. Chop, Clear, Topple. Free. Justice. Revenge.
The Minor Hatchet is Prominent. Hunt, chase, kill. Break, Split, Destroy. Free. Justice. Revenge.

Music of the Sphere:

Celestial Dice Countdown: 1 Cycle
(Please point out errors!)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 01:11:05 pm by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8