Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Crystal Sphere IC: Cycle 7 [10/12]  (Read 7130 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal Sphere IC: Cycle 7 [10/12]
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2021, 12:18:20 pm »

Descent

Light and Dark mingle, the Sphere of the Dark gained in decent. Twins in harmony and discord, they take sides and the two races enter into supremacy wars overseen by each half of them. Descending Comets trace the night sky and the Center Kingdom is put to war by the kingdoms of the Eclipsing Twins. Through this do the Children of Sun and Night grow in strength together and apart. Make way for the expanding Verdant, taken control by the Children in aims of greater flourishing.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2021, 12:19:19 pm »

2:1 Ferrous, hearing the pleas, nay, the demands of the scions of Questions, did consider their words.
2:2 And, true to His own, did heed them. And so did Ferrous travel, to meet those who would ask justice of Him.

Children of the Questioning One, I do hear your allegations - and I shall concede them. I do declare that to strike a hole unto the egg was right - but in turn, failing to take care not to do such damage to those who did reside upon My Surface was a failure of My obligations as a Noble. It wounds My Pride, but I should betray My Vice before My Virtue.
You seek a reckoning? You seek justice? Bakukik lays slumbering, but as you heeded My words, I shall heed yours. The Axe is ascendant; the Hatchet is ascendant. Justice reigns.
Tell me what you would ask.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2021, 09:28:23 am »

The Litfish need defenses
Decree: Add venom/poison to Litfish that is effective against the Silver Eels

While plants grow on corpses near the surface, pieces that fall deeper in won’t decompose
Decree: Create bioluminescent fungi that live in the abysses and grow on corpses, whether they be flesh or metal or crystal, it shall recycle what was once alive

The dragon needs to leave
Decree: Create Drill Stars, metal flying starfish with the ability to drill into crystal as well as metal. Once they drill their way inside their host, they will eat it from the inside, reproducing as well. They can survive for a while when outside a host, but they need to be inside one to reproduce

The Litfish use lotus pods a lot, making the lotuses bigger should help them
Working: Breed lotuses to have larger leaves and pods so the Litfish may continue the writing and trap making

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2021, 01:51:37 pm »

She of roads talk to the moon of blood:
"Oh great bloody one, I have nothing against you but the roads must pass, so if you don't move away away and keep blocking the roads, it will be necessary for me to create path on my own."
Working:Either dig a hole through the blood moon around the roads to allow them to be used or repair the roads in the area the bloodmoon was and try cover them with blood (Depends if the moon move away from the sky roads)

As She of roads looks once more at their Remanent  ringworld, they are sudden by it horrible state.
"Oh, you were supposed to be the center of travel, the place which all would visit, but now you don't even have a complete path."
Decree: Create a band of magnetic rock on the inner loop of the ringworld
Decree: create an innate attraction for this band for creatures on the ring world
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2021, 03:58:57 pm »

She of roads talk to the moon of blood:
"Oh great bloody one, I have nothing against you but the roads must pass, so if you don't move away away and keep blocking the roads, it will be necessary for me to create path on my own."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2021, 05:03:33 pm »

She of Roads, I find that the Phoenixes are much more adept at translating with the Clockwork's moon. I could, perhaps, send one to be of assistance in your endeavor?
Hopeful Duchess of Aluminum, I should like to request you reprise your translation skills for the benefit of She of Roads.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2021, 09:30:57 pm »

2:10 With the conclusion of a long and twisting deliberation, Ferrous did come to an agreement with the melodies so wronged by the loss of Too-Many-Questions. 2:11 He would make for them a Forest, wherein those who would claim greatness and Superiority may be tested, 2:12 Wherein lay trials of Growth and Construction, of Hope and Nobility, of Trade and Creation, of Honor and Introspection, of Justice and Wisdom.
2:13 And so, with His Power, Ferrous did decree thus:

This, for the legacy of victory. This, for the legacy of hope. This, for the legacy of Too-Many-Questions.
Let the Surface of Aurum bloom forth with a great Forest, filled with Ironwood and verdant with Life of all sorts. And within Its depths, may those who seek to prove themselves find their trials, and may those who emerge victorious be Marked, bearing the Tools of Superiority and clad in the Raiments of Heroism. But let them know, such tests will demand not only their capability, strength of body or mind, but so too shall test their virtue, their strength of heart! For I shall not see My Gifts granted unto those who would misuse them, as that is not the way of Noblesse Oblige!
This, in the name of victory. This, in the name of hope. This, in the name of Too-Many-Questions, fighter of Coruxion and rightful bearer of the title of first hero. May he never be forgotten.

2:20 Ferrous' Decree made, the Imperial Forge-Train looked upward, past the sky, past the hub-ring of She of Roads, to the peach-moon - the Peach-Moon? - under whose waves resided Eschara of plants.
Eschara, heed my words! See you how Aurum blooms so? See you the great Forest, dense with Trees and other sundry Life? Tell me, what need have We of conflict, when so clearly Our domains may work together? Metal need not be opposed to plants, for do you not see how My Metal Plants do prosper? Let Us make known unto the crystal sphere that We stand, not in opposition, but together, for the betterment of us all!

2:23 This request made, Ferrous turned His attentions back down, down unto the Surface of Aurum, and below, wherein He did know the thermites did infest and consume what remained of His old Body. 2:24 Displeased, Ferrous did call upon His Dukes and Archdukes:
You have conducted a Crusade on My behalf once - now, I ask You to do so again. Down in the bowels of Aurum do reside the thermites, vile rock-creatures of Utugar, made for naught but corrosion, destruction, and the corruption of the Metal! I caution You: their tunnels are carved sigils of slumber, so You must take care not to fall prey to their trickery! So too, death renders them inflammatory - a hazard to any that might strike them incautiously!
But take Heart, for know that this time, You shall not Crusade alone. Nay, for I now shall join You, I shall lead you, and We shall see victory and defeat together! Metal Invicta!
Archduke of Gold, Archduke of Silver, I call upon You! Tell me if You have yet learned to wield Your sword of Garmanet, Your net of mirror-moonlight; if You have, I ask that you bring them to bear against Our enemies, and if not, I ask that I may wield them for the same purpose.
I await Your assemblage; when You are ready, the Crusade commences!

2:30 And so did the Emperor Ferrous prepare for a grand campaign. No sigil may be left unbroken, no thermite may be left alive.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2021, 10:09:42 pm »

Decree: Create Fascia(s) upon the Throne-World. A fascia is an asbestos-based mineral organism that grows on the Throne-World. Wide flat organisms, they ias can grow to large dimensions over a flat area. Fascias have thousands of small grooves on their underside which are used to secure themselves into the ground and nibble at it. Fascias live by converting sunlight and minerals into nutrients. A sedentary organism, it is plantlike in that it takes root in the area it is born into. fascias can grow vegetatively but are capable of sexual reproduction by absorbing the fibres of another panel. During the hottest parts of the year, fascias release millions of their fibres into  the atmosphere, which facilitates reproduction. Once a panel is fertilised, it begins compartmentalising a piece of itself into a new panel containing the genetic information if itself and the other parent. This seed is then blown off with and hurled into the wind, eventually landing and growing in its new home.

Decree: Through the magics of the Axe, AWE creates the Stockpots. Similar to valves, these balloon creatures floats in the atmosphere of the Throne-World. Mainly subsisting on photosynthesis, these gasbags intermittently release deposits of blood from their bodies, which fall upon the Throne-World. Unlike valves however, the blood deposited by a Stockpot sings beautiful heart-music that evokes attraction to the senses of many a creature. Upon siting the blood, many organisms (mortals included) are induced to drink of it. Doing so incites feelings of euphoria and hope within the drinker. Whilst not intrinsically addictive, it is a pleasure to drink. Within this blood however is the microscopic larval stockpot. Whilst not as predatory as a valve larvae, this creature is parasitic and feeds upon on the blood or minerals of its host. Intrinsically magical, everything the larvae digests turns into asbestos. After a few weeks, the larvae has grown a few metres long and is ready to emerge from its host. Using a pair of incisors, it cuts its way out of its host, applying an anaesthetic to prevent the host from feeling pain. Upon emergence, the larvae will activate its gaseous bladders, allowing it to rise to the atmosphere of the Throne-World . The larvae will then create a cocoon for itself whilst in the air, emerging some time later as an adult Stockpot.

Working: AWE desires to indulge. They travel to the Blood-Moon in order to take part in their Vice. There, they shall commune with its inherent spirit and of the Blood-flowing creatia.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2021, 08:01:51 pm »

Coruxion Hivemind todo list:
Working:
- Improve Ruined through eugenics over generations

Decrees:
- Divide the Seals and Djinns, destabilize their political stability via assassination of rulers and heirs, and peace treaties with the more Imp-friendly.

- Teach metalworking via crystalline matrices to the Ruinous Civilization. Requires art of crystalworking.

- Make Dragons follow the Plan, and keep telling them the Truth.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]