Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Villain civ caravans  (Read 883 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Villain civ caravans
« on: July 09, 2020, 06:05:32 am »

I need special script. When you play as special civs, this script every season 'force' one caravan (like 'force Caravan' command) from random chosen civ (choose from goblins, kobolds and cave tribes). So you can trade with them without making them all friendly with each other.

This needs for mod. Kobolds needs live animals for trading, so items don't improve trading (bug reworked into feature, like elves refuse buy wood). Goblins needs items and don't value animals. Cave tribes will sell exotic animals and useless wooden equipment, so they are some like cave elves, but also with access to useful bloodthorn and nethercap.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Villain civ caravans
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 05:30:24 am »

Closest match i can find to your request is using DFhack `force` , since this is not possible on regular RAW modded DF and there's a subcategory for 3rd party & masterwork topics this thread might suit better.

Calling goblins would be 'force Migrant EVIL' and it'd be left up to you how often or how its accessed, since unlimited use of DFhack is essentially cheating. Most masterwork mods simply include sort of variant of this, the human faction particularly trades with nearly all races by forced & normal caravans.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 08:33:15 am »

Closest match i can find to your request is using DFhack `force` , since this is not possible on regular RAW modded DF and there's a subcategory for 3rd party & masterwork topics this thread might suit better.

Calling goblins would be 'force Migrant EVIL' and it'd be left up to you how often or how its accessed, since unlimited use of DFhack is essentially cheating. Most masterwork mods simply include sort of variant of this, the human faction particularly trades with nearly all races by forced & normal caravans.
I know how summon them directly. But this is cheating. So I search for script that will spawn them automatically, without player cheating.

How Masterwork do this?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 01:05:18 pm »

They cheat remotely via a trigger from the completion of the workshop job. So when they go over, complete the job, the DFhack console recieves a command to play the script.

I dont know anything more about the specifics, maybe a masterwork expert or @Roses could chip in to explain.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 09:12:36 am »

Register different "modtools/force" scripts in a "modtools/random-trigger" list and trigger it periodically using "repeat".

Use "modtools/if-entity" to make the repeat script only run if playing as the entity of your choice.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 09:27:54 am by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber.