Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [MOD] Slade Beings  (Read 780 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
[MOD] Slade Beings
« on: July 08, 2020, 07:30:57 am »

Hello everyone. This is my first Dwarf Fortress mod in an attempt to create a climatic, slightly overpowered, playable character.

This one is a glass cannon. Meet slade beings: https://jumpshare.com/v/YEo80Kr9rT4BQlTxZYNR

Modeled after the source code of bronze colossus, slade beings have lower body sizes but they're slade bodies make them super powerful in dealing hits (however kicks have intentionally lower piercing for more harmless attacks but they are still kind of crazy). They don't really spawn anywhere by they're own and are being designated to be controllable as the outsiders.

Bizzare attack power: A single punch should instakills majority of enemies upon targetting a specified body part, better if they are webbed. Also short executing and preparation times. No recovery time.

Temperature: The only thing that can kill them when it comes to it is being encasted in ice if the game is unmodded. They had been tested in arena mode to be both immune to dragonfire and absolute zero temperatures. Magma vision also grants them no reduced visibility when swimming in magma. Can safely visit north and south poles.

Speed: They are extremely fast when it comes to all kinds of movement they can do, achieving by default 9.900 speed at they're very own best. They also have innate swimming skills and don't level them up. If you decide not to use fast travel you can reach a lot of sites before the sunset.

Fliers: They can fly and don't have a specified body part for it.

Lack of basic needs: They don't need to breath, eat, sleep or drink.

Emotional aspects: Just so they're needs can be justified to achieve "focused" status effects. They only lack fear so some creatures are turned neutral towards them.

Several immunities: Dragonfire, unmodded extreme temperatures, webs, diseases, paralyzes, stuns, nouseas, pain, exertions, becoming vampires or werebeasts, having weapons stuck in body, suffocation and bleeding out.

Authority figures: POWER token allows them to become civilization rulers. They are also fanciful. Excuse plot featured in they're descriptions decently explains all of it. They are rumoured to be human sinners who atoned for they're sins, perhaps so hard they can spread webs and breathe fire.

Spheres: Courage, freedom, mercy, minerals, strength and victory.

Natural abilities: THICKWEB webs, dragonfire and completely normal spiting. Those webs can completely immobilize some ferocious enemies. I managed to disable every single night creature I encountered so far (bogeymen and crons) plus one titan. Might work even on hydras. If you kill someone via dragonfire they won't appear on the kill list and fast travel causes them to respawn.

Stealth: They're size allows them to take tiny profiles upon crouching, they can't be smelled out and can pick lockpicks to open doors without breaking them. Oh yeah they can fly over enemy sight and move fast enough to give themselves more time to move before enemy turns around. Cannot trigger traps.

Powerful smell: It's value is 1.

Seeing creatures through walls: If they are one of the 3 default classes.

Passive night vision: Should be best possible. Supported by extravision.

Simple anatomy: The base source code had been extracted from bronze colossus. Genderless.

All attributes on they're peak: They are having 5000 on all levels, every single one.

Weaknesses: They are extremely frail to regular damage for some reason. A single human punch almost always fractures affected limb. A low quality crossbow shot had managed to severe 3 body parts at once by targetting upper leg if I remember correctly. Can still die to being encasted in ice or adventure mode retiring outside of sites, alterantively giving in to the night. If arguing is to be satisfied than 5000 social awareness isn't going to help.

Masterpiece corpse: Drops masterwork quality randomzied slade statue on death.

Insert this into entity_default.txt if they have to be usable.
Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:SLADE_BEING]
[ALL_SLADE_POPS_CONTROLLABLE]
[CREATURE:SLADE_BEING]

Feedback would be appreciated. Could I made them better?

Changelog:
8 July 2020- First release.
9 July 2020- I fixed the issue with slade beings dealing low damage and you will never guess how. I changed how they're inorganic material was defined to capital letters. Restored former description. Now slade beings have they're own spheres.
11 July 2020- Punching and kicking has no recovery time now. Slade beings now see creatures of all 3 default classes through obstacles.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 04:54:29 pm by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Slade Beings
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 09:18:52 am »

There is something really wrong with amount of damage my character deals. For some reason they're attacks aren't instakills. I really need a feedback.

Issue fixed.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:19:16 am by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.