Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Hierarchy IC: Turn 3: Spring of the First Year  (Read 6001 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Hierarchy IC: Turn 2: Spring of the First Year
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2020, 03:01:41 pm »

"Are you truly so incompetent that you are incapable of deploying a scalpel and can't even consider a plan to defend yourself from physical harm without somehow declaring war on everyone? Heaven was built by us doing exactly what you just claimed you must do to keep your own face from being disfigured. By your own measure it is founded on proactive principals."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2020, 03:19:17 pm »

Fancy words, but you might note that I have very little ability to compete against that much glory alone.

A Scalpel, as you put it, against a single Ministry is akin to being willing to use a hammer on whatever nail sticks up. Such would not last long without any support behind it. In the same way, spending so much glory in advance is completely beyond me, even if I were willing to do so. Mainly because the Ministry of Glory's own head is backing the bid, spending funds from Heaven's Coffers, with promise they will be refilled the next Cycle. It completely breaks any and all ability for a single Head of Ministry to counter. And none will for to do so means retribution, which is exactly what I was afraid of when that bill passed. I will also note that the Arbitary Arbitur is also benifiting, even though he is almost universally hated by his own Ministry, nor does his job at all, spending Glory on Beauty treatments of all things, all the while they tries to shunt those who dislike him into dangerous situations when they are unable to file a Smiting Warrant with ridiculous reasons attached.

Another issue is the fact you think this is me defending myself from attack? I am deeply worried that you think others would attack the very ministry tasked with keeping Heaven safe, but such seems to be the issue as of late.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2020, 04:02:51 pm »

but you are spending Glory backlogged for projects

I do, for the third time now, inform the Marshal of how funding works. I would like to note for the court record that this does indeed show a distinct lack of competency in the Marshall's ability as a department head.

To once again teach them what every department head should know, and seemingly already does know with the exception of our inept Marshal, there is freestanding funds in the budget for projects. The funds spent in accordance with Tuuok's request we're alloted to them from that fund and we're not "backlogged" for anything else.

I do implore that you cease your lying before this council and further, cease debasing not only yourself, but also tarnishing the reputation of this legislative body.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2020, 04:27:20 pm »

An angelclerk from the Ministry of Justice politely reminds all ministry heads that if no agreement is made on which earthly vessel will receive Heaven's Mandate, The Arbitrary Arbiter will have to make their Opinion known.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2020, 04:36:06 pm »

but you are spending Glory backlogged for projects

I do, for the third time now, inform the Marshal of how funding works. I would like to note for the court record that this does indeed show a distinct lack of competency in the Marshall's ability as a department head.

To once again teach them what every department head should know, and seemingly already does know with the exception of our inept Marshal, there is freestanding funds in the budget for projects. The funds spent in accordance with Tuuok's request we're alloted to them from that fund and we're not "backlogged" for anything else.

I do implore that you cease your lying before this council and further, cease debasing not only yourself, but also tarnishing the reputation of this legislative body.

I myself  did ask for funding to to be used for the mining of ore, but was rejected out of hand. Likewise, the funding you are using is directly against mine own personal glory from my salary, and so would be rejected out of hand. The simple fact is, you would reject, and have rejected. This is known to me, I am not insane for I do not repeat the same action expecting a different result.

It does not change the matter you are spending glory that wa backlogged for projects, not personal campaigns with no backing other than your own pilfered glory based upon an outside source, and supporting Archivist Mion in his activities, who has repeatedly shown no shame in asking and demanding glory from any source.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2020, 05:28:00 pm »

It does not change the matter you are spending glory that wa backlogged for projects, not personal campaigns with no backing other than your own pilfered glory based upon an outside source, and supporting Archivist Mion in his activities, who has repeatedly shown no shame in asking and demanding glory from any source.

Once again, this is a lie. The Glory spent comes from the Sun and Tithes.

As for Mion, records is an important department though they did make funding requests, I thought it best to deny them as a very similar request had been made by your own department and unlike you, I do not wish to see the ministries fight.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2020, 05:49:53 pm »

Fas huffs.

"How am I to know where your seemingly never-ending supply of Glory comes from. I'm unlikely to ever see that amount in my personal possession within ten cycles. And you will never feel that pain it seems."

"The die is cast, may we pick up the pieces where they fall. Though if what you say is true, Mion has gone over-budget, which will be nice to see the result of." mumbles*steal my beauty would they. Their overspending will be the death of them, not that they aren't nearly in the grave already.*

As Marshal Fas prepares for the Hunt, a messenger brings her news.

Dearest Fas, Fairest Fighter of the Heavens,

Your funding request for comet hunting has been granted. You will be provided an additional 6 Glory to be used for this project. The comet is indeed a great threat to our heavens and I will not allow our squabbles to delay it's destruction. I wish you the best of luck in your hunt, may you return packs laid heavy with loot.

As always,

Paragon Lu.

Surprised, she pens a return message before sending the angel off with it.
Spoiler: Return Letter (click to show/hide)

"Well, this is certainly a turn. The additional funding should halp greatly in preparing. We may even be able to afford that giant net woven of Celestial Orb Spider thread.

Action 1 Addendum. +6 Glory to the Hunt. Rejoice, for we ride to victory with our catch!
 We shall bring the comet down and turn it into our own strength!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 08:56:55 pm by TricMagic »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2020, 05:02:18 pm »

An angel types quickly and messily something.

"Du-Ur busy with wedding. See additional directives to be applied asap"

1. Du-Ur supports Paragon Lu in his successor choice
2. Du-Ur braces for Ministry outcry

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2020, 05:42:55 pm »

Marshal Fas could not be reached for a speech, but she sends a statement.

"Chaos shall be had then. I look forward to it, if only to see the fallout."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2020, 07:04:25 am »

Spoiler: TO THE ARCHIVIST (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2020, 12:57:11 am »

Quote from: Council Voting
Orthodoxy Alteration Resolution GLR-ORX-714 Yea

Quote from: Form SCR-1243-G, Declaration of Support For Pretender
Claimant: Glorious Union of Mei Bi and General Hao
Glory Contributed: 0
Titles Supporting: The All Seeing
Ministries Supporting: The Ministry of the Realm
Angels Supporting: NONE
Claims To Legitimacy:
[  ] Bloodline
[X] Great Deeds
[X] High Character
[X] Exemplary Piety
[  ] Dire Prophecy
[X] Ambitions and/or Affections of Supporting Entities
[X] Inadequacy of Rivals
[X] Wickedness of Rivals
[X] OTHER: Time is of the essence       
[X] OTHER: Casus Belli against the Emperor for the unjust murder of one of the claimants' operatives in service to peace and the realm
[  ] OTHER:                                        

Quote from: Funding Request Form 606-C
Title: Depths Harvesting Combine
Glory Requested: 10
Description: We wish to establish a joint venture between the Ministries of Glory, Realm, and Records for the purposes of cataloguing the recently discovered pit, extracting dangerous and valuable monsters, and extracting lucrative gemstones for profit and the personal use of esteemed individuals. We estimate a modest startup cost to establish facilities for this endeavor, but have not performed an extensive survey of field conditions or operational requirements.
Action: If the funding request for this mission is approved, personally handle setting it up.

Action: Work with the Ministry of Glory to establish a Joint Committee on Heroic Quests, meant to manage and coordinate heroic quests and the heroes, monsters, and Glory associated with them.

(Free) Action: Send Archivist Mion 2 Glory as a birthday present.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2020, 11:41:21 pm »

Hierarchy: Turn 3

Now Wai is Empress
    In a rare display of direct intervention, the Arbitrary Arbiter has been issued a smiting warrant on Prince Wen. The manner and timing of his tragic but ultimately justified end for violating ancient customs of hospitality and protection of messengers are now in the hands of this venerable judge. Numerous angels wishing to fulfill this smiting warrant are now queuing around the Ministry of Smiting's main offices.

Du-ur openly backs Princess Wai, and most of the Ministry of Civilization aligns with the Du-uke on this matter. The more proactive in the department have begun processing the paperwork involved in transferring the Mandate.

Godly intelligence suggests that not all godly interventions will necessarily manage to fire before the heartland nobles charge, but the 100-fold time dilation helps.

Suddenly, a swarm of embers flew down from Heaven and struck Prince Wen, incinerating him! With their previous candidate slain, the heartland nobles waver, and there are whispers of infighting to install one of their own as Emperor. The followers of Lady Wero and Lord Wiq grow distrustful of each other. (The smiting contractors outside the Ministry of Smiting are somewhat disappointed about not being able to execute such a high-profile contract.)

Du-uke Du-ur belatedly noticed that as a result of a mysterious bureaucratic mixup, Du-uke was only cleared for an indirect intervention! Unheard on Earth, Du-ur slams the shameful quarrelers from Heaven, and the Key turns as the magnificent gate to the imperial manor opens. The claimants and their forces (save Princess Wai and her cadre of Doormakers) look on with disbelief. Giving thanks to Du-ur for the incredible miracle, Princess Wai orders a charge on the imperial manor sparing her father!

Quote from: Comments from involved parties
    Prince Wen: "Sizzle..."
    Princess Wai: "Praise be to Du-ur, Gate and Key, Opener of the Wai, and Portal of Past and Future! With Heaven on our side, we shall surely prevail!"
    General Hao: "I can neither confirm nor deny that I am in agreement with the Princess' request to spare the Emperor."
    Oracle Mei Bi: "Begun the throne war has."
    Lady Wero: "See this genealogical report divinely notarized by the Ministry of Records in Heaven? It proves that the Emperor's lineage traces its descent from a cadet branch two hundred years ago. I, however, am a surviving scion and the legitimate head of the previous dynasty!"
    Lord Wiq: "My hands are red? That's not blood! That's just sauce! We eat delicious food, okay?"
    Consort Wato: "I dedicate our victory to the loving, radiant Fas, Marshal of Heaven and Fairest in the land. This palace will make a beautiful House of Peace, Love, and More Love after our inevitable triumph."
    Guildmaster That declined to comment.
    Taba Khan declined to comment.

With the skillful leadership of the General, the wisdom of the Oracle, the banner of the Princess, and the glory of Lu's angel, the forces of the inner ring swiftly and decisively punched through the few guards in the Emperor's modest garrison even as the Doormakers held the door closed on the nobles' forces. Shaken by Heaven's overwhelming support for the three inside, entire battalions in the heartland nobles' employ deserted so as to avoid angering the gods.

On entering the Emperor's barricaded chambers, the claimants' forces were set upon by the Emperor's loyal, elite guards. The loyalists fought long and hard, but heavily outnumbered as they were, it was only a matter of time before they were defeated with no sign of the Emperor. The apprehensive Princess, General, Oracle, and Consort searched the twisting passages of the manor until nightfall, when the Princess discovered her father the Emperor had earlier been cut down by her own hand while he was disguised as one of his guards. Distraught, the notional Empress called on her medics, but alas, nothing could be done with the Underworld still out of reach of even the gods.

Princess Wai has gained the Kinslayer trait!

Disturbed but resolute, the royal couple and their allies began discussing the matter of the succession and ongoing siege. Mei Bi and Hao managed to extract considerable compensation for their part in the Princess' accession, and Wato was eager to begin renovating the manor as a House of Peace, Love, and More Love much to the chagrin of everyone present. There was also the matter of reversing the extensive decentralization implemented by the late Emperor. General Hao presented a war plan emphasizing quick and thorough subjugation of the heartlands with extensive recruitment of local loyalists immediately following the breaking of the little siege. Oracle Mei Bi claimed to see too much bloodshed in this route and instead suggested summoning the Emperor's deputies and trying a more diplomatic reconsolidation of the former core of the [kingpire]. Wato liked the idea of a show of force and mentioned that he had mercenary contacts that would be happy to lend their services in exchange for the right of first refusal to forfeited assets. General Hao was understandably not terribly supportive of this plan.

Later that evening, scouts reported that a significant fraction of the nobles' forces had abandoned the siege. Hao and Wato began planning a suitably glorious coronation proccession to the main palace in the capital perhaps followed by a brief ceremony to seal a convenient marriage with the Oracle. Upon the arrival of Lu's glorious messengers, the General and Oracle are pleasantly surprised to hear that Tuuok, Mion, Lu, and Du-ur (!!) approve of their union and place on the throne. They have begun plotting against the nominal Empress and her consort.

The Ministry of Civilization is gravely disappointed with what appears to be du-uble-dealing on the Du-uke's part with regards to support for pretenders for the imperial throne.

Afraid to become slipshod
    There is a wave of intranecine violence in which initiates and neophytes of various cults have slain their superiors. This is especially worrying because only a day has passed since last Heaven turned.
    • Gem Setter: "Maybe we could just put all the good treasure in the public areas of our temples so our priests don't get murdered for them?"
    • Carpenter: "Our god has given us the technology we need to stop this wave of killings, and we should upgrade all temple doors for enhanced security and thus keep the murderers out. Our priesthood excels at this sort of business. Win-win!"
    • Nonmurderer: "This fool actually believes doors will stop the killers! Ha ha ha! I say we let it run its course and it'll stop--for a reasonable fee, of course."
    • Ecstatic One: "Maybe there are some...harvest rituals from the time of the old gods we can use to put an end to this violence. 'Make [peace], not war,' as they all say! Surely it wouldn't cause any lasting harm to incorporate these bits of culture?"
    • Amateur Mycologist: "I think that priest has the right idea. Let's just partake of the bounty of vegetables and mushrooms and celebrate life instead of dwelling on death."
    • Stasistician: "It's just a statistical I mean stasistical outlier that happens once in every 10000 or maybe 100000 days. You can safely ignore it!"
    • Strong One: "I'm sure there'd be fewer killings if you'd just give the priests better guards. Maybe monstrous ones from the prison?"
    • Shrinekeeper: "Paragon Lu! This goes without saying, but do NOT under any circumstances release the monsters in the Imperial Prison to be our guards! It is a terrible idea that will only lead to more deaths!"
    • Stonewarden: "I'm inclined to agree with the stasistician over this turbulent priest. This murder business is a passing fad that will soon be over if you'll just let it run its course."
    • Local magistrate: "What ridiculous suggestions these fools give. Create monstrous guards? Craft mimic doors? Do these lunatics think we live in a fantasy world of some sort? We will investigate the murders lawfully and prosecute the murderers as the law demands. No need for this foolish nonsense about monsters and murdoors!"

Celebratory office construction

Construction has begun on the shining new office complex. It appears the grand construction will supply offices for the Ministries of Civilization and Records. Angels in both ministries are exuberant and have already begun jockeying for the offices with the best views and access to angelic amenities (e.g. barrel racks).

Paragon Lu has contributed 15 Glory to the construction of an additional wing.

Monstrous mortal making
    There are currently two major schools of thought on how to improve the Garden's monstrosity per capita. The first one, a classic among gods, is Elda's approach. It presumably entails creating a breeding stock of monstrous mortals to distribute later. The other is Lu's approach and involves reclassifying existing mortals, animals, and reality-harming horrors as a monstrous race of some sort. Few other gods seem to be convinced that doing either is a good idea, but something must be done and this is definitely something. Unfortunately, there is as yet no funding or additional interest in this plan. On the other hand, the recent wave of priest murders could potentially be solved through the use of protective monsters as a member of the Strong Ones said.

Assorted gossip
    • Giant angel clowns are reportedly terrorizing newly converted priests
    • Inspired by Ajanar's herd, elaborate headdresses with tusks and giant leaves are currently popular in heavenly social functions
    • The Ministry of Records has recently hired a horde of demons

Rogue ministry
    In light of the Ministry of Mortal Constructions' continuing open defiance of Heavenly law, all of their activities have been halted, with their offices locked down. and their assets frozen. Their board stands accused of contravention of Council law, illegal construction, and construction of buildings not observing the Standard Average Village Building Code.

The flow of time
    Archivist Mion has elected to further dilate timeflow, meaning that only one day in the mortal world will have passed the next time Heaven turns.

Completely unrelated to this, a pallet of imitation godpaper made from the jade quarried in the spooky cavern was found at the Ministry of Records today. Those selected to receive rations of the imitation godpaper complain of its terrestrialness and fragility.

The Hunt for Blue April
    Fueled by a little interdepartmental rivalry, the Ministry of Records and the Angelic Host are rushing to claim the ruinous Comet. The Angelic Host hopes the largely mortal-forged arms and armor will hold up against this awful harbinger of misfortune.

Marshal Fas has led the Angelic Host to the Comet, and in a stirring battle about which tales will be told for centuries, their slashes and smashes and slices and smitings brought the terrible foe of Heaven down seemingly without a counterblow. Its wispy tail and fell, frosted body are now in the Ministry of Might's trophy halls awaiting taxidermy, tailoring, or tasting.

The Comet has been struck down!

Fas has gained the Cometslayer title!

This did not come without a price, as the jealous Assassin-Goddess Mion chose this time to strike at and disfigure Fas' face.

Fas has lost the Fairest title!

The Fairest in all of Heaven's domain is now a peasant beekeeper in the woods despite Mion's best attempts at self-pampering, but provided no one prods young Black Ice into divinity, Fas is expected to resume being the Fairest shortly.

A team led by Archivist Mion got plenty of good data (and comet dust) out of this excursion. Some of the comet dust has inexplicably disappeared. Prominent detective Damage-Esoteric-Asteroids announces that the Ministry of Purity is conducting an investigation into local drug markets of questionable existence to see if the missing comet dust turns up.

Strike a blow for funding
    A slowly coalescing coalition of angels from all greater ministries (with the notable exception of the Ministry of Glory) are angry with the recent budgetary revolution and have begun protesting at the Ministry of Glory's offices, reducing productivity everywhere a little bit. Masterful bargainers among them are trying to convince Ajanar to dump the elephants there for free to further chip away at their influence.

Pink elephants on parade
    "I cannot very well pasture my herd for free! They demand much care, and it would be unforgivable for a guest to burden his host so."

Staring into an abyss
    A party of angels endowed with a fairly large grant have continued searching for signs of a connection to the Underworld. Little has changed in a day, and no response is anticipated for another few weeks as before. If only there were some way to make time flow faster...

Adventurers' Guild

At Manager Tuuok's behest, the Ministry of the Realm has drafted a charter for a Joint Committee on Heroic Quests to better ensure that heroes receive appropriate and sufficient support and resources for their questing. Visiting heroes are ecstatic about the possibilities, and the more letterly among them have already begun filing applications for quest grants related to cleansing the infernal hellscape in Heaven's backyard.

Broadcast letters

Targeted letters[/list]
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 06:58:53 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
    • µ
      • View Profile
      • YG toolbox
    « Reply #87 on: November 20, 2020, 11:42:43 pm »

Council effects

Already active resolutions:

Newly passed proposals

Resolved proposals

Spoiler: Council proposals (click to show/hide)

Active proposals

Spoiler: New Council proposals (click to show/hide)
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 08:46:29 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
    • µ
      • View Profile
      • YG toolbox
    « Reply #88 on: November 20, 2020, 11:43:05 pm »

Status

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Greater Ministries (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cults (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Civilization (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The current budget (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Form tracking (click to show/hide)

Quote from: To all Ministry heads
      To my esteemed colleagues,

Upon receiving negative feedback on the original budget put forth this cycle, I have adjusted the formulas. As such, the previous budgets you saw are now both null and obsolete. Please recycle them whenever it is convenient for you. As for the new budgets, there have been only increases in comparison to the previous budget. Most notably of this, all department heads have received increased wages which are either on par with their previous income, or slightly above depending on the size of the department. I thank you deeply for your patience in this matter, I know it has been a trying time for us all.

With humility,

Lu.

Quote from: To Paragon Lu
      Quote from: To He-Who-Fights-Monsters Azolg
      Dear He-Who-Fights-Monsters Azolg,

I would be more than happy to allow my story be used in promotional and marketing materials. It was indeed a brief stint, but still I hold your Ministry in high regard and with a fondness of heart.

Sincerely,

Paragon Lu
      Dear Glorious Paragon Lu, Ascended Head of the Ministry of Glory and Alumnus of the Ministry of Monstrous Creations,

We are honored to include your grand and inspirational story, and with the recent influx of interns, we expect the identity of the relevant forms should be available in no more than 3 Turnings of Heaven. Attached to this letter is a sample of the new promotional materials our designers have created. We hope you will find the action figures flattering.

Should you ever need our services in the future, know that we stand aligned with you and your most prestigious Ministry.

He-Who-Fights-Monsters Azolg, Heavenly Relations Manager of the Ministry of Monstrous Creations

Spoiler: To the Archivist (click to show/hide)
      « Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 01:42:06 am by Kilojoule Proton »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
      • Full Metal Nutball
        • View Profile
      Re: Hierarchy IC: Turn 3: Spring of the First Year
      « Reply #89 on: December 06, 2020, 11:46:50 pm »

"I definitely remember what I was doing and it was in no way secret scheming.

Now that the little matter of succession has been handled we should focus on the foreign invaders. A new monstrous race should be enough to both repel them and solidify the new mortal leadership. We now have a significant amount of Glory with little other purpose, I urge those yet to act on this matter to join us in creating this new race."

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
      Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7