Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should decisions on ships and installations without player-made contracts be handled when shareholders are in disagreement?

Unanimous decisions
Majority decisions
Plurality decisions
Highest !influence/join time

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Risky Ventures - Turn 1: Load Up and Sail Out  (Read 7257 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures - Turn 1: Load Up and Sail Out
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2020, 06:24:33 pm »

I guess? I'm not sure we need to be so formal about it, but I guess it couldn't hurt.

Quote from: Munority Shareholders Coalition contract
Upon effectuation of this contract, the Munority Shareholders Coalition will immediately be created. Its membership shall comprise Systems Holdings®, Ltd. (SYS) and Superintelligent Goldfish Solutions® (SIGS); additional members may join with future contracts. The purpose of the Munority Shareholders Coalition shall be to administer all held shares of its members in any ships in which its members together represent minority shareholders, a category initially consisting of MerchantVessel#1, henceforth codenamed Munity. The Munority Shareholders Coalition shall take action to subvert or obtain majority ownership of such ships for its members when possible. Upon effectuation of this contract, Systems Holdings®, Ltd. (SYS) and Superintelligent Goldfish Solutions® (SIGS) shall each contribute 85 credits to the joint account of the Munority Shareholders Coalition. The Munority Shareholders Coalition will then purchase ten units of Authentic Meats and load them onto Munity along with the remaining credits in its joint account, to be delivered to the Mun and sold, whereupon it shall attempt to purchase ten units of Low-G Edible Flora and load them onto the Munity for return to the Earth, unless this loading should prove impossible at the time, in which case Heavy Elements shall be substituted. If there is an opportunity to load Low-G Edible Flora onto the Munity before any other cargo is loaded therein, that opportunity will be taken.

Signed,
-Systems Holdings®, Ltd. (SYS)
-Superintelligent Goldfish Solutions (SIGS)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2020, 12:35:40 am »

Turn locked, I'll post the update if I get a chance tomorrow

EDIT: Due to being really tired, turn will have to be delayed a bit.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 07:28:53 pm by evictedSaint »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2020, 08:43:39 am »

so, is this dead 2 turns ahead of schedule, or are you still planning to update?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2020, 10:44:26 pm »

I'm sorry to say, I'm not sure I'm happy with this game.  I thought the number of moving parts would be easier to handle with the assistance of a program, but I'm already seeing a large number of holes that require manual bookkeeping and oversight.

I am afraid I'll have to put this game on hold until I have a ruleset that's both engaging and simple enough to be easily handled from a GM's perspective.  I'd like to attempt this again in the future, but for now it's not quite where it needs to be.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]