Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: DFHack: quickfort | buildingplan | blueprint | blueprints/library  (Read 84608 times)

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack: quickfort | buildingplan | blueprint | blueprints/library
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2021, 06:38:42 pm »

I went through the automation orders. I saw a few repeats of Lye and soap, I think left over from the experiments. I kept only the original lye and soap from tallow, removing the soap from oil (which I saw had a bad condition -- the one forgotten when a game is reloaded).

You added steel breastplates and greaves. I had left those out since mail shirts and leggings are superior and cover the same body parts (or so I understand). Do we need breastplates and greaves as well?

Uploaded integrated/clean/categorized/alphabetized version here

Oops. There should be exactly 2 make lye and 2 make soap. The make lye as you had it plus 1 that checks the other soap job. The 2nd soap job from oil. I'll have to doublecheck what I did here.
BP & greaves are worn over mail & leggings. The mail is better against blunt and of course the parts the rigid armor doesn't cover but slash/pierce is much better on plate. Armor actually stacks too. Supposedly (I never really played Adventurer) wearing like 6 mail shirts and a bp and other shenanigans used to be the way to go. I never bothered with any of that, but a full suit + cloak is what I usually assign. I gave up trying to do other clothes because of the frustration of them screwing it up, but the cloak gives some level of protection to the entire body. Including the face. I think the armor & weapons stock counts should be higher too. I made half a squad from the last migrant wave, would have been nice to have equipment ready for them.

I am of course assuming none of these things changed from 44 to 47.

Edit - Oh, I forgot, you didn't have the ash and empty buckets checks. I'm always trying to minimize the job failure spam. The lye condition sorta works, the problem was when the barrel got tasked it stopped seeing it, which caused the trigger, and then the job went again, and the barrel got tasked again, and the job triggered again. Ad nauseum. Unneeded with the soap job trigger, I was curious to see how it works with buckets since the stockpile doesn't have barrels.

Some of the other jobs I am thinking of cutting to smaller batch sizes too.

Keep forgetting, barracks only needs like 1-2 coffers. For ammo mostly (they should store packs & waterskins in it when not in use). Squad ammo bugs were finally fixed some time ago. I'm not sure about racks and armor stands at the moment (if they actually work for storing things, I think it was a DFHack that made them useable and I don't see it anymore). Need cabinets so they don't drop all their clothing all over. Hospital doesn't need them (unless it's just for decoration) again 1-2 coffers. I think they'll bathe with the soap from the hospital storage too. I had a fort once with a marksdorf who had an infection that never went away (he was badly wounded in the first siege and I kept waiting for him to die, he never did). I made him a hunter, and in between hunts I observed him grabbing a bucket and soap and going to wash at the well regularly.

Oh! The lye-containing items is the bugged one? Can remove it from the oil soap, it'll work similar to the tallow one then.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:05:42 pm by ldog »
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2021, 04:18:27 pm »

Fresh embark with latest files.
Something is wrong with the forbidcrafts alias. And bypassing that it's choking on forbidbronze or something on that line.
Bizarre because the melt pile was all working before.

Otherwise so far so good, just hit Spring with last few workshops on industry level being built. No volcano on this one so regular metalworking for now.
Farming level done, other than the tables/chairs/doors. Already crafting those and then we'll be onto glorious...rock...blocks...

Not sure why this one went so fast, I think closer (like 50 blocks away, so not sure) to the wagon.
I did build temp smelter & forge right next to the wagon. I also slapped down 2 masons and quickly knocked out 10 rock blocks from the starting quartzite and then disassembled them.
I get wheelbarrows made early out of the starting willow to keep the stone moving fast. I don't think I had any more or less trees in my build spot than last embark.
The only other thing I can think of is I skipped plant gathering for now, also the grower didn't bother planting anything this season. That all turned into extra labor. I even did get everyone mining briefly to finish the industry dig.

Farming3 not setting dormitory as dormitory. Hadn't noticed before since I generally designate the rooms by hand, because I can't wait for the level to be done.
Checklist missing "quickfort orders library/dreamfort.csv -n /farming3"
I did another tab for xlsx orders btw.

Outer main and depot gates got skipped for some reason. I just noticed it now, although it was some time ago I ran the command. All it says for them is no building at coordinates, skipping name, there was no build error. The next line is successfully completed. The spreadsheet is correct.

Fall has come. Finishing up the bridges (difficult to get the masons to leave their shops, have to go suspend all their jobs) and ready to run surface5. Guildhall is about half dug as well and services designated. Oh, got 5 adult migrants last season, 2 are legendary bonecrafters lmao, first time I've gotten pre-mooded dorfs, which kinda sucks...also 1 who had been possesed I guess since his skills all suck. Not the greatest but I'm happy to get 5 warm bodies 1st wave.

The downward stairs for the roof got removed at some point so they didn't finish building up there.

Life is much better since you told me about using the build planner filter!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 08:39:32 pm by ldog »
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2021, 09:02:16 pm »

• fixed industry query blueprint -- I had moved the cell that make the meltables pile take from the qsp to another tile, and I didn't update the movement keys
  • I modified the farming level so that the important furniture (the furniture that anchors the rooms) is built first. that should help farming3 run earlier. I'll do that for services and apartments too.
  • Farming3 not setting dormitory as dormitory -- I'll check that. I thought it was working for me.
  • added farming3 to orders in checklist
  • Outer main and depot gates skipped for some reason - if the tile is unbuildable, quickfort will skip building something there. This can happen, for example, if the floors that go under those bridges didn't finish getting constructed.
  • difficult to get the masons to leave their shops - I'm going to test starting with two masons, with the workshop restricted to only being used by the good mason
  • I moved the removal of the temporary stairs to a little later -- when the rest of the roof is getting constructed -- so it shouldn't disappear too early now.
  • added a combined all_orders blueprint that will enqueue manager orders for all of dreamfort.csv in one go (need to test if the efficiency gained from focusing on only currently-needed orders is worth the extra complexity)
  • added a list of orders commands to copy that will work when using the .xlsx files
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 09:48:33 pm by myk »

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2021, 10:11:06 pm »

Oh, the masons aren't any fault of Quickfort, it's DF. Construction (at least for skill requirement jobs, not the general hauling) should be higher priority than crafting but it isn't.
The other issue is even when they get out of the shop it's like they would rather do ANYTHING except construction. Same for mechanic and carpenter. They will start hauling even. I guess I should turn that off on them too when I need them. Generally I have pretty much everyone haul everything. I've found that craftjobs take up so little time, especially for legendary skilled that having everyone haul when they aren't otherwise occupied works well.

Can you chain the orders? Like I will queue them all up, but like I will make surface6 jobs trigger when 5 is done, 5 when 4 is done, etc.

Seeing my mechanic is done with making mechanisms, it seems construction actually is part of the problem. He'd rather work on walls/floors than build traps.

Just queued services order, still confused how it comes up with orders for 5 blocks, 5 wells, 5 blocks, which is 1.25 builds not 5.

Actually I am liking that inside stairs for permanant roof access. With a hatch over it of course. I don't think there are any flying building destroyers.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 01:19:24 am by ldog »

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2021, 10:24:20 pm »

Can you chain the orders? Like I will queue them all up, but like I will make surface6 jobs trigger when 5 is done, 5 when 4 is done, etc.
That's on my backlog, but it will take quite a bit of time to design and implement. I have some ideas on how to do this, but don't expect it any time soon : )

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 30, 2021, 03:06:14 pm »

Looking at what you are doing today. Constructed walls include a walkable floor on top, so the long paths aren't necessary.
I'm more inclined to keep that main pasture stairwell. While the undead siege thankfully didn't climb the outside stairs and jump down through my unfinished roof, I would expect goblins to.
Secured with a hatch it makes it easy to build more levels later if desired.

Should probably add an order for leather cloak, I still don't really know how tailor plugin works but assuming it won't create military uniform. Pre-candy I add a leather cloak to the all steel uniform, also don't know if you missed but absolutely yes, BP & greaves + mail shirt & leggings. The only reason I don't assign pants, shirt, socks, mittens as well are because the idiots have trouble dressing themselves and will leave a boot or glove off.

I still need to verify if the soldiers will store their civilian clothes in cabinets in barracks when assigned to store personal goods. Getting steel going now and actually got a decent armorer in 3rd migrant wave so will find out soon.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 03:31:05 pm by ldog »

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2021, 03:54:34 pm »

It's true that constructed walls have a walkable top, but at the time that part of the roof is constructed, the walls below haven't been built yet. You make a good point about moving the roof access back into the pasture, though. Previously, the pasture staircase was temporary, just there so we could build the minimal roof over the central ramp. I deconstructed it in a later blueprint to clean it up, but it wasn't always getting deconstructed in time and it was interfering with the final roof. However, if we just make it permanent and stick a hatch on it, it solves that problem. I'll move that back. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 04:36:00 pm by myk »

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2021, 04:08:46 pm »

It's true that constructed walls have a walkable top, but at the time that part of the roof is constructed, the walls below haven't been built yet. However, you make a good point about moving the roof access back into the pasture. Previously, the pasture staircase was temporary, just there so we could build the minimal roof over the central ramp. I deconstructed it in a later blueprint to clean it up, but it wasn't always getting deconstructed in time and it was interfering with the final roof. However, if we just make it permanent and stick a hatch on it, it solves that problem. I'll move that back. Thanks!

Add the needed walls instead of floors that need to be removed later? Eh, I guess none of the current roof needs to be removed so 6 on 1, half a doz on the other.

Charcoal, I did create a condition like the lye where it needs to be jump-started.
A 2nd charcoal job, that has less than 10 as a condition will alleviate that without using a lot of wood when we do have coal (so keep both jobs)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 04:11:01 pm by ldog »

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 30, 2021, 04:46:44 pm »

Add the needed walls instead of floors that need to be removed later?
Fair point : )  I'll keep that in mind if it comes back up in later design changes.

I'm really happy with how dreamfort has changed over the last week! There are still improvements to be made, but I just found out that DFHack 0.47.04-r5 is going to be released soon and I want to get dreamfort playtested, documented, and merged ASAP. We can always make further changes that will come out with DFHack 0.47.05. Updates to the automation orders can be done anytime, since they're just hosted on Google Drive and not part of the DFHack release.

The crash fixes have been merged into the main codebase. If you're willing to, could you possibly install the latest "unstable automated build" from https://dfhack.org/builds/ and give dreamfort one more run through? You still need the aliases in your dfhack-config/quickfort/aliases.txt (the recent alias fixes haven't been merged yet), but you no longer need to fiddle with the zones or the stockflow plugin.

I've been refining the command checklist, tweaking the high-level build order and adding guidance comments to the checklist items. I'd appreciate your thoughts on that as well.

I've also been putting together embark profile suggestions, and you might have some thoughts on how effective those suggestions are.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 04:50:53 pm by myk »

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 30, 2021, 08:27:53 pm »

Add the needed walls instead of floors that need to be removed later?
Fair point : )  I'll keep that in mind if it comes back up in later design changes.

I'm really happy with how dreamfort has changed over the last week! There are still improvements to be made, but I just found out that DFHack 0.47.04-r5 is going to be released soon and I want to get dreamfort playtested, documented, and merged ASAP. We can always make further changes that will come out with DFHack 0.47.05. Updates to the automation orders can be done anytime, since they're just hosted on Google Drive and not part of the DFHack release.

The crash fixes have been merged into the main codebase. If you're willing to, could you possibly install the latest "unstable automated build" from https://dfhack.org/builds/ and give dreamfort one more run through? You still need the aliases in your dfhack-config/quickfort/aliases.txt (the recent alias fixes haven't been merged yet), but you no longer need to fiddle with the zones or the stockflow plugin.

I've been refining the command checklist, tweaking the high-level build order and adding guidance comments to the checklist items. I'd appreciate your thoughts on that as well.

I've also been putting together embark profile suggestions, and you might have some thoughts on how effective those suggestions are.

Cool. Let me know when you're done making changes and I will give it a run and proofread. Will be nice to not have to delete and recreate all the zones (especially the nestboxes what a pain).

Embark stuff. Hadn't thought about additional woodcutters (until migrants), but it would be handy for a heavily treed embark. I will give that a try this time actually.
Skillpoints into woodcutter, brewing, cook - NEVER! I've discussed these to death in a few threads. The first 2 there is no difference between 0 and 20, it still takes the same amount of time, the outcomes are the same (even the rare injury from falling wood is just as likely to happen to a skilled woodcutter). I think both of them are completely broken. Cooking doesn't give any bang for the buck. I'll cook a single lavish meal on embark that gives 20 food and not have to cook again until winter. Meal quality doesn't matter; they'll just as happily still steal the raw plump helmets instead of eating the meals.

While I've toyed with beekeeping here and there (well, whenever I do a surface fort) I've never thought, Gee! This is amazing! Am I missing something here? I think I've yet to see mead brewed in the Dreamfort btw. I have a feeling you know a secret I've yet to discover.

Rocks cheaper, plus I like my blocks to be "homegrown", I'm actually upping my initial haul to 12, which covers industry & farm for making blocks (I have this thing about my workshops). Having the 2 masons make blocks gives them something to do while we wait for miners (after all the dogs are trained for war of course, I bring 6). I also like the carpenter to have produced some wheelbarrows for stone hauling. I really hate seeing a dorf hauling a piece of stone by hand. After a year even still using autodump when the mood strikes me, there is too much shit to be hauled even with 30+ dorfs.

I bring some wood, I recommend willow because it is lightest after featherwood (which I have never been able to get on embark). It doesn't really make much difference, most wooden things being fairly light anyway, I like the wheelbarrows to be as light as possible though. Willow crossbows for city guard might save someone a tooth or 3. Most people recommend making someone else cut wood but I usually have the carpenter do it out of the 7 and then get a migrant(s) doing it.

2nd Mechanic does seem like a good idea. Grower is usually so busy that I don't let him do much else. Would I let go of my starting weaponcrafter for an extra mechanic for this fort? Yeah...considering I am still getting done in 2nd year for surface that was otherwise done months ago (and the mechanisms and cages were also done). I've never been so heavily into traps, but the cage traps are so OP they're almost broken. So very worth it.

I'm normally not a big fan of points into architect, I did it this run for SnG, I usually enable it on all 7. Stonecrafter not bothering with points. Will likely make 1st migrant wave before finding time to build the hives/nestboxes. After that it's just pots & jugs (oh and some mugs). Rock crafts suck and the masons & mechanic eat up all the stone anyway.

Won't get clothes going for first year at least. I bring a thread/cloth/rope as suggested by clinodev, as well as for early hospital on a more dangerous embark. Since the 1st caravan doesn't usually have much I want badly besides leather, thread/cloth/dye are things I will trade for initially. Anvil a must really, counting on caravan to bring 1 is lunacy.

I'm a big fan of bring bronze material, even if I wind up not using it initially, it makes a lot of xbow bolts and the cassiterite is never in a convenient place for me (if my site even has it). I realize the early smelter/forge isn't for noobs. Even I still bring pick & axe generally.

Of course the more crap you bring, the more time wasted hauling shit on the surface. I love my load of cheap sandbags but they are a bit of a hassle.

Almost forgot! Point of judge of intent.  If you care who is expedition leader, give it to them, make them broker as well of course. Of all the nob skills this is the only 1 I recommend on embark. Otherwise you have to guess the traders mood. If you want a lot of population quickly, I can't stress it enough, make sure he leaves ecstatic! Appraisal trains instantly (like 5 to 10 levels too)the first time you go into the depot, otherwise it would be essential as well. The medical skills are all fairly worthless (probably broken), again I haven't seen a level 13 surgeon do any better work than a 0 level surgeon. It doesn't go any faster either. The other skills aren't important (consoling,etc...fuck your feelz) or will be learned on the job (bookkeeping, organizer, leader).

Oh, and we're still all too happy to throw our clothes all over the place instead of use the cabinets (I have seen dorfs use cabinets in their own rooms, although again this might have been an old DFHack plug-in) so it looks like a rack, stand, chest, some (they won't all sleep at same time) beds is all we need for barracks.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 08:53:53 pm by ldog »

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 30, 2021, 09:08:15 pm »

The orders checklist and tips looks good.
I really like the combined dig since I generally do exactly that anyway. I thought you were talking about the build orders earlier.

Other than I think services level still needs to be broken into phases.
Hospital I will want early, probably the tavern chairs & tables, a chest for mugs, and the stockpiles.
Everything else, including the statues but especially the jail and guard barracks can wait until surface6 is done. I'd probably put it off until after suites and maybe even an apartment level. Having a sheriff doesn't make the fort safer; it makes more potential !Fun!
Failing that, I wouldn't consider running services2 before surface 5 is done.

I'm having a problem with ropes not being seen as chains. Unless this is a new "feature"
I can't designate them to place (buildplan does just fine) and mechanic cancelling make traction bench. Rope are there and not forbidden. Last fort I was already making gold chains by this time so it didn't come up.
My bad, they were tied up for well construction.

Speaking of the aliases, I think the embedded obj tag you left in the list (before permitcraft) there was my issue.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 10:25:32 pm by ldog »

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2021, 12:12:54 am »

Ok new embark. I went more random instead of the usual tailored design. Advanced smaller world default params with some adjustments for performance (cull, pop cap, sites, etc) metal everywhere (100) and no vampires/werewolves/otherbullshit (we do have towers though). Got gobbos, tower, hippies for neighbors. All the metals, sand, coal, flux, lava pipe to 130, 1 big spire of candy, wagon right next to river full of evil carp...FML! - all the things that make a dorfs life worth living. All in a 2x2 embark too.

Very little wood, surprising since it is a woodland level embark, it's all swamp and pretty dry too. Very odd. Of course I brought that 2nd axe so this is your fault Myk! At least site clearance will be very very quick. Fairly flat, which is good or we'd have trouble placing the fort. As it is I'm fairly limited in where I can put it, but it looks like near the center will work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I forget what I explained or not before about choices. The problem with old people is they repeat themselves constantly...
The discipline and swimming are very situational, they also seemed more important in earlier versions. I still feel comforted by them. The architecture and engraving could be replaced with whatever is desired. For dangerous embarks some military skills probably.
5 units each of 4 food, any is fine. This makes a lavish meal (20 units) and leaves 4 empty barrels for wine (20 PH). Some people like to totally min/max for barrels but I find that's enough to get going. 9 each seed except PH (1 just for ready bag). I cut down our coal and metal for extra axe. Just the mated pair of birds with nestbox because too busy to deal with more early on and the first clutch will get you off to a good start for next year. 5/1 on the dogs so autobutcher doesn't catch me offguard before I fix the settings (I'll let my dorfs butcher cats all day long but no doggos!) We dropped weaponcrafting on grower for mech. This should let us get our traps and levers built before fucking xmas!

The usual assign dogs for war training. leader to broker, 1 miner to manager, 1 bookkeeper (set max precision, always do this or you'll forget), leave the rest for now. Go to kitchen and block booze cooking. Find spot. This would have been easier if someone gave me a new CSV :P (figured it out though, perimeter is hidden...quickfort gui ftw! although the gui is a bit fussy at times...queue orders could use some sort of feedback) Assign animals to pasture. Place nestbox.

Then we'll do a few things a little different this time. The 2 mechanics will cut wood since they have fuck all to do until the area is cleared and then I'll have them cook and brew, the miners will go mine, the other 3 will each train 2 dogs and then get shops setup next to wagon and get to initial blocks and wood stuff. Obviously assign the other jobs as needed.

Forgot to mention, I change the surface channel designations to priority 1, otherwise the miners haul stuff/stand around doing fuckall. Once they start digging they will generally continue to (until some kind of reset happens; reload, gets hungry/thirsty/sleepy/etc). I find besides prioritizing 1 dig over another, they also have a subtle influence on what other tasks they might do. If all their digging is 7 they will seem to find anything else more important to do. Engraving is generally an even lower priority than digging, which is why I find the combo works. When they run out of things to mine they go smooth.

Following along the help, I designate my digs, order industry2, farming2, surface3. Add my own 9 wheelbarrows, 3 buckets, crutch, splint, stepladder. Set all my wood & stone types. Almost forgot a lavish meal, and 4 brew plants (trigger start after meal).

Autonestbox doesn't seem to be working right, I manually ran start on it. Complained 1 box short (for the male???) and even though she claimed the box and laid eggs, she isn't assigned to the pasture.
Misc and cloth/leather pile still have bins enabled. Names not right eit....Tradestockpiles still messed up so they borked the rest. Might be my aliases still. Feeder has good, all qualities and 1 barrel. None of which is right. Actually I would set all qualities to off, so that nothing goes there by default and put in the help that it is for setting as desired. Or you could go with my personal fav, schwetty spiked chocolate salty wooden balls! QSP should be set to auto-trade of course.

Hmm, actually it doesn't like X15, otherstone. Removing that fixed it. Other than the single barrel on the feeder.
Another thing I forget all the time, taming area should be a pasture as well, for dumping cages.

You need to fix the farming plan, I think I forgot that too, been broken a while now. 3 is not a valid dig command!

Farming level dug out by 2nd month. I like the new minimal buildplan a lot! Will have that done quick.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 01:59:33 am by ldog »

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2021, 02:12:24 am »

Time for another summary rollup. I submitted the current version of dreamfort for merging. Any further improvements will land in the following DFHack release. I want to make sure the version that goes public in the upcoming release is reliable. I'll continue to make updates to the online version, though.

Alias fixes have been merged. They should be part of the latest "unstable automated build" from https://dfhack.org/builds/. If you install it, you can get rid of the aliases in dfhack-config/quickfort/aliases.txt.

Done:
  • reduced coffers in barracks
  • moved roof access stairwell from outside the fort to inside the pasture (covered by a hatch); optimized "minimal roof" layout
  • removed soap stockpile in hospital since dorfs can use the hospital soap directly
  • added note to embark suggestions sheet about bringing boulders instead of blocks
  • added non-manufacturing skills to embark profile suggestions (like Judge of Intent)
  • walkthough overhaul
  • dreamfort case study updated to reflect recent changes
  • added nocontainers alias to starter stockpiles
  • reduced number of beds in barracks from 10 to 5
  • reduced size of barracks in services level
  • reduced size of initial tree clearing task so starting workshops can be built faster (it's the only time dreamfort has a significant number of idle dwarves)
  • made the surface kea-proof faster
  • moved the trade goods stockpile to a later phase so it doesn't block floor construction
  • documented that players should feel free to adjust which item types are accepted in the trade goods feeder, possibly make stockpile take from appropriate industry QSPs
  • documented that trade goods QSP should be set to auto-trade (for those who have that plugin enabled)
  • make services level more useful earlier; move jails later
  • automation orders updates

TODO:
  • add feedback when generating orders from the quickfort gui
  • design and implement a minecart-powered quarry level. blueprints should be tileable so new blocks can hook into the minecart system. this will take some thought. should also look to see if anyone has already shared plans for something similiar.

Notes:
  • I know no secrets about beekeeping. It just seemed like a useful resource that can be fully automated, so why not get some wax crafts and mead out of it? I have seen mead be brewed in my forts, so I'm pretty sure it works. If it turns out to be a net negative, though, I'd be perfectly fine with getting rid of it.
  • once I implement wheelbarrow assignment in #place blueprints, I can include generating orders for the appropriate number of wheelbarrows (and bins and barrels for those stockpile types)
  • clothesmaker is in the embark profile suggestions since it's used for making the ropes for the wells and traction benches
  • surface channel designations to priority 1 - they should already be priority 1, at least the blueprint says so
  • "Misc and cloth/leather pile still have bins enabled" - This is the "cloth/bones feeder" on the industry level? It looks right in my fort. Did running the blueprint show any errors for you?
  • "Actually I would set all qualities to off, so that nothing goes there by default and put in the help that it is for setting as desired." - I think I'll just document that the player can set it to what makes sense for them. I think the current "crafts" designation is pretty safe, and players can modify from there.
  • "Hmm, actually it doesn't like X15, otherstone. Removing that fixed it." - otherstone is used on the industry level too. that alias has been around forever, though. it's unlikely that it was the cause of a problem. what was the error message?
  • Another thing I forget all the time, taming area should be a pasture as well, for dumping cages. - I've never done this myself. what is the process? is it for purchased creatures? I have always just assigned them to the pasture (or tagged them for the butcher).
  • "3 is not a valid dig command!" - I beg to differ! seriously though, the feature should have been there since DFHack 0.47.04-r3. it's giving you errors?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 01:53:55 am by myk »

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2021, 02:52:08 am »

Oh, I forget the auto-trade is a plugin that some people might not be using. Yes, I also set it to take from all the QSP. No, it isn't safe as it is, at least not for me (all finished goods of all quality).
The usual thing it does when it doesn't like a cell, it says which cell it didn't like. I thought otherstone was odd too since it has always worked fine before.

Yes, I will get the orders updated and reposted sometime tomorrow (after some sleep).

Yeah 5 beds should be plenty for a barracks.

I think the 5 hives are fine, I guess having it enabled on a few dorfs even at embark isn't going to hurt. It doesn't seem to be a very time-consuming skill at least.

So if you want to dump caged monsters, you can assign them to a pasture. This one is good since no other critters should be pastured there, it is right next to the barracks and it can be sealed easy. So you give the squad kill orders for the gobbo/undead/beasty and then have it assigned to that pasture. Most people make elaborate pits and dump mechanisms (and it is a fun exercise for later) but really if you strip an enemy and let an entire squad beat on it at once most of what you are going to capture on the surface poses little threat.

The feeder piles fine, it is the starter piles on the surface that have bins. No big deal since they are temporary. My skin just crawls at the site of "bins !=0"

3 hasn't worked for me, switching it to d3 does.

Industry2 giving me problems now too. expected to be back on screen querybuilding yada yada, but screen is civlist (yes, it drops me into civlist)...AA19 qauntumname, etc. Which has also always worked fine. I suspect it's some other pile and a bad alias again. I'll fix the build tomorrow and try it again.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 03:32:37 am by ldog »

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2021, 11:26:29 am »

Ah, it looks like DFHack 0.47.04-r5 was just released. This is good. The crash bugs needed to be fixed. The dreamfort updates didn't make it in, but that just gives us a little more time to test and refine. DFHack 0.47.05 will be out soon, and we'll catch that train.

No need for you to grab a dev build, then, you can just use the official release. I *think* this will clear up all the errors and stockpile configuration inconsistencies you were seeing. Remember to clear your aliases.txt file so the updated library aliases are used.

You can get an updated unified dreamfort.csv file from the PR. Click on the three dots to the right of "data/blueprints/library/dreamfort.csv", select "View file". Then select 'raw', then r-click and save as dreamfort.csv. Overwrite the dreamfort.csv in your blueprints/library folder in your DF installation.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29