Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: DFHack: quickfort | buildingplan | blueprint | blueprints/library  (Read 84580 times)

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack: quickfort | buildingplan | blueprint | blueprints/library
« Reply #345 on: August 25, 2021, 11:13:09 am »

Since uniforms are so important, yet so hard to script with quickfort, I'm thinking we need some new tools. Maybe a "uniforms" plugin that can import and export JSON, like the orders plugin. Maybe also a script that can assign minecarts to routes. What other manual steps could be solved with better tools?

Yes, that would be pretty awesome!

Let's look through the manual things in the help sheets on each floor. Not a tool item, but services place & query jail we could add making the 3 inn rooms into dorms.
Auto pasture grazing livestock & wardogs? Sounds like a modification of the autonestbox. Probably not the dogs though, since would need to handle multiple pastures and also not pasture dogs assigned to a handler. Maybe just the grazers.

Auto-lever. Links levers to bridges/floodgates/etc with the same name?

Going through my play through. Besides what you mentioned no other highly repetitive tasks stand out. The auto combine-drinks. Especially since it would stop me from running combine-plants (I'm somewhat obsessive-compulsive going through running both scripts frequently). Along the lines of that, combine the lye and then split it in half into 2 barrels might be handy. Although lye and soap production seem to be back under control since switching to lye condition.

A utility to automate the magma-hauling process? That would be really useful, I don't know if it's feasible.

I'm thinking if the customreaction prioritize continues to work out, or if you find some way to isolate certain tasks (I really like the priority coke/pig/steel), we could take butcher & tanner from farmer and add to cook (maybe milking and cheese making too). That way we only wind up with 2 legendary tanners. It also works well with work flow. Animal is butchered, which triggers tanning & cooking (tallow and probably at least 1 meal) all of which are in the same vicinity. Then the cooks can go back to hauling/managing/not updating records/fucking off.

Y'know, besides no liason, it also dawned on me no hippies or humans caravans came either. I coulda swore I was in range of them all, and necromancers too. Nobody has come to visit us.

I'm starting to think the melt piles should be QSP too lol. It wouldn't let us get anymore magma forges in though. Actually been thinking maybe magma-forge should be it's own level. Don't have to futz with the industry level then, just shut the shops & piles down. I can even fit it in around the otherwise unused service 'tween levels. Could make it an optional bp. I'll throw something together. For now, adding wheel barrows to the ore feeder. Probably a good suggestion to say "after upgrading to magma (or just whenever you want to ramp up production), add more wheel barrows" Maybe the same for stone once we get a full load of haulers. # of wheel barrows limits # of jobs. Early on I think your #s are fine though, we don't want too many too soon.

While I'm designing this and thinking about implications to storage piles: Stone blocks should really be up in the stone QSP.  I think I've already mentioned metal furniture belonging in metal QSP. We probably don't want the bone and wood bolts down here, but that can be solved by simply removing what's needed from the industry level feeders and leaving the rest.

So the next question is how many smelters do we really want/need? I was shooting for 8. Seems like I can nicely fit 7, or 11. Maybe I will do 11.
Still 4 forges, 2 glass, 2 kiln. Could easily go 3/3 or 4/2 for the kilns but seems like overkill. Although I guess some glass mega-project 4 would be nice.
Heh, was just reading, it's only 4 magma needed not 6. I been doing an extra cart per /facepalm.
Of course a the problem becomes scaling the # of jobs to keep all the furnaces in use...I wish there was a way to spread the jobs out more without queueing so many of them in 1 shot.
We could do a magma orders, (s)melting jobs in batches of 11, weapons/armor 4 at a time. Would keep everyone busy. Probably can't make them supersede the military orders though, so we'd have to give 2 and recommend not doing 1 and/or cancelling those jobs when ready for the magma one.
Is this making it too complicated? It feels like it.

I've also concluded the bar feeder needs to be larger, even for industry3. 4 smelters can produce 32 bars in a shot (coke/some alloys). The ore feeder can be smaller, since traditionally they are sized 2x the # of wheelbarrows but really it only needs to be as big as how many wheelbarrows we use, because that is the # of hauling jobs it is going to generate.

Concluded while architect labor is indispensible, putting points into the skill is worthless (actually I've pretty much always thought that, but every so often I give everything a reval). I'll probably remove it from the masons. Maybe give them stonemason. I mean we are gonna wind up with a craftsdwarf guild no matter what anyway. Grower/cook for last guy (yeah, still tinkering with new embark profile too).

This is where I'm going with the magma forge level, fitting piles in a challenge, I'm not even sure if auto-melt will work in a QSP, although it should in theory I guess
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I also don't like how far the forges are from the QSP, maybe I will cut the forges to 7. In theory it would be nice to have 12 what with 12 laborers and 4 smiths but I think it'd be a challenge to keep them all fed before late game, and then late game would become a challenge keeping work assigned (because demand slows and skilled workers become faster).

This is better I think. 4 Forges, 8 smelters, 4 glass, 2 pottery
I could squeeze 2 more smelters in each side (or just put the forges them where the forges are and move them), and then extend them back out again for the melt piles I guess (right now the space on the sides is for melt piles).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 04:21:49 pm by ldog »
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 25, 2021, 05:01:41 pm »

services place & query jail we could add making the 3 inn rooms into dorms.
We could, but do we need dorms at that point? The first apartments level will have been built by the time /services4 is run. What's the benefit?

Auto pasture grazing livestock & wardogs
This might be doable with the existing zone plugin. I might be able to extend it by indicating a zone by name instead of numeric id. Might need some other filters as well.

Auto-lever. Links levers to bridges/floodgates/etc with the same name?
brilliant. it can scan for levers with names and ensure there is a link to all linkable buildings with the same name. it will fail if there aren't enough mechanisms, but that's ok. it can be re-run until there are no more links to make. I had thoughts in my head about a "jobplanner" plugin that will create jobs when conditions are met (like item availability) -- essentially buildingplan for jobs -- but the design for such a plugin eluded me. A more specific use case like this is more tractable.

A utility to automate the magma-hauling process? That would be really useful, I don't know if it's feasible.
Yeah, I'll have to play around with magma hauling to see if any automation ideas strike me.

or if you find some way to isolate certain tasks
I think I've found a way. For CustomReaction jobs, there is a reaction_name field that has usable data, such as "TAN_A_HIDE", "BREW_DRINK_FROM_PLANT", "PIG_IRON_MAKING", "MILL_SEEDS_NUTS_TO_PASTE", "PRESS_HONEYCOMB", "MAKE_MEAD", "PROCESS_PLANT_TO_BAG", "MAKE_WAX_CRAFTS", etc. This seems viable, though I'll need to extend the "prioritize --registry" command to list all the available reaction names. No way I'll be able to list them all in the static help text (they might change with mods anyway). Luckily, I generalized the data model when I added support for filtering StoreItemInStockpile by hauling labor, and I can copy logic from the orders plugin where it validates reaction names, so this addition won't be quite so difficult.

Probably a good suggestion to say "after upgrading to magma (or just whenever you want to ramp up production), add more wheel barrows"
Added a note to /industry_help

I'm starting to think the melt piles should be QSP too lol.
I've considered this too. I kind of like having the visual of how many items are in the "meltable queue", though..

Stone blocks should really be up in the stone QSP.  I think I've already mentioned metal furniture belonging in metal QSP. We probably don't want the bone and wood bolts down here
I agree with all of this, but I'm wary about making the industry stockpile configuration too complex. In particular, I want to avoid splitting an item category across two stockpiles. The stone/ore split is, I think, not an issue (it meets the "obviousness" test), but I don't want to make players have to think too much about where everything is stored. I'd be happy to split up the goods feeder stockpile, though, to get the furniture into wheelbarrows. We could improve it further by splitting heavy from light furniture, but that will take some alias work.

So the next question is how many smelters do we really want/need? [...] Is this making it too complicated? It feels like it.
Yeah, I think it's best to leave late-game modifications up to the player. Requirements tend to get more customized at that point, and I don't want to over-specify Dreamfort.

the bar feeder needs to be larger
agreed. done.

Ok, todo list:
  • prioritize CustomReaction, filtered by reaction_name
  • uniforms plugin (or "military" if the scope grows to include more related abilities)
  • autolever script (maybe combine with existing "lever" script?)
  • extend zone plugin to accept zone names as identifiers
  • add ability to combine-drinks to combine drinks over all stockpiles
  • assign-minecarts script
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 05:45:27 pm by myk »

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 25, 2021, 06:00:28 pm »

I probably need the extra dorms. I'm behind on apartments and a lot less married couples than I expected. It's one less thing to do by hand though, because you need to make them into dorm rooms to assign them to the inn anyway don't you?

Could scan the custom reaction files and enumerate them into the help file on the fly? /me shrugs, If that's a lot of trouble just make a note that the player should peruse the files themselves for more info?

Yeah, I like being able to see the meltables stock as well. I found a way to keep it for the magma forge level, even with 12 smelters now.

Well, at least the stone blocks are in 1 sub-cat. The thing is with 4 made per craft that is a lot of hauling jobs to an already overly busy feeder. We don't want clutter in the masons or the smelters/forges.

I can understand wanting to keep the complexity down. I'll just keep it as a custom add-on on my share or something. How many do you use late game by the way? Last discussion I found about it was from like 2014, I'd start one but I think you and I are the last 2 living people who care to discuss fortress mode strategy anymore anyway.
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 25, 2021, 06:20:30 pm »

I expand to the empty space on the right for more magma-using furnaces, but late game I've actually been happy with just what can fit on the existing industry level.

2 masons (or 4 if I'm building something crazy on the surface)
2 forges
2 glass
6 smelters

once the initial surge of meltables dies down, I replace a few smelters with other options, depending on what I'm doing at the time.

Early game, this produces all the volume I can handle, and late game, the dwarves are so skilled that they don't need any more workshops to produce high volume.

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 25, 2021, 06:49:49 pm »

I expand to the empty space on the right for more magma-using furnaces, but late game I've actually been happy with just what can fit on the existing industry level.

2 masons (or 4 if I'm building something crazy on the surface)
2 forges
2 glass
6 smelters

once the initial surge of meltables dies down, I replace a few smelters with other options, depending on what I'm doing at the time.

Early game, this produces all the volume I can handle, and late game, the dwarves are so skilled that they don't need any more workshops to produce high volume.

That confirms my experiences and gut feeling. Some people said 20 smelters but I'm like that's crazy, I don't think I've ever done more than 8. Usually 4-6. 4 Forges, but then I'd give 1 to each profession.  I usually start making gold furniture and stuff late game.
I liked the 3rd mason (actually I built 5 for the hell of it it this time, but I've only got 4 dorfs) but I feel like I couldn't keep up with hauling, but then mechanic and stonecrafter there too, and only 4 wheel barrows. Outside of Dreamfort, I think I usually use only 2. And here I considered Dreamfort being "building something crazy on the surface" Surface forts usually something I do late game because I can, this is the first time in a long time I've done it as the main defenses. I used to just dump my trash in lava, never knew you could floor over a surface vent and still have it prevent miasma.

So 4-01-1052 Summer just rolled around, and off to bed. Spring had another FB, it had a 21 unit killing spree before it was taken down by a magma crab (who was kicked hard after spitting). I am seeing a pattern here. So some giant bats had worn it down quite a bit (they are pretty tough, I've caged and trained them for hunting...even though trained flyers get nerfed they are still decent fighters) and I was debating letting my fledgling militia at it.

A full squad of marksdorfs and 2 nearly full squads of melee is what we've got now. Pretty full complement of everyone else but haulers (8). We're getting there. 2nd apt still being furnished. Smoothing while waiting for that to finish before we go dig another. The militia threw fucking clothes everywhere. They really need to fix that. I had to go all through the fort looking for them and force dumping into stockpiles and still I find more rotting away.

Smithing is a mixed bag, a mooded armorer and weaponsmith, the rest are 4-1-2 for armor, 12-5-5 for weapons. I guess the armor isn't getting spread around enough still, but since we just equipped 25 militia that'll crank armor production up some more. I gotta say I am not wild about this rate of skill gain. Maybe it would be better to specialize them until later and then cross-train. When they started 2 were blacksmith 10, 1 was weaponsmith 8 I think and the armorer was like 4. One of the blacksmiths at least his weaponcrafting has overtaken his smithy, so if he moods I'll have 2 legendary weaponsmiths.

We still aren't keeping up with hauling flux and coal. I bumped wheel barrows up to 6 but maybe I was short so I queued more. Also extended the bar feeder to 15 tiles, cut ore to 10. I may go up to 10 wheel barrows. Speaking of, I have noticed that the wheel barrows get dumped into the QSPs, maybe we need to exclude them from the hauling routes. Maybe it doesn't matter.

What else. I've had to kick the manager and bookkeepers in the arse again, but the bookkeeper still doesn't seem to work (or at least gain skill anyway, I don't have time to watch his office all season).

This has been my worst Dreamfort run ever! A lot of frustration, but at least it's been a good data collection. Next run will go better because I am not going to micromanage a lot of the trivial shit I normally do. We'll play this one a bit longer though, maybe go to the circus and die in glorious battle!

So I think we need to up the batch sizes on forge/smelter jobs. There is absolutely no advantage to building extra shops without orders to take advantage of them. I would be nice if there was a way to autoscale or even just adjust #to make of an existing job. I could live with 6 smelter and 2 forge. It shouldn't cause any undue hardship on the default setup of 4 and 1. I gave up on my magma forge level since excel crashed and corrupted the file.

I'm trying new orders out, of course the manage doesn't want to work again. I swapped the manager & bookkeeper assignments to see if that would trigger a fresh response. Nope.
Looks like the bookkeeper is an undocumented feature https://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4536 It gets done once to highest and never needs to be done again.

So this concerns me; Tailor: Whenever the bookkeeper updates stockpile records, this plugin will scan every unit in the fort, count up the number that are worn, and then order enough more made to replace all worn items.

Looking through the code, I think that is a bunch of bullshit fluff and it has nothing to do with the bookkeeper, but I could be considered a novice programmer at best. It's a bit soon to tell if it is working or not, clothes are just starting to wear (besides what the soldiers all discarded).

I am getting too much iron stuff made still. They make steel equipment until the steel runs out and then go back to iron. I think maybe instead of checking for steel bars on lower tier materials maybe we should check for iron bars and flux stones.

5-15, a FB made of fire came to the 2nd caverns, it leaves a huge trail of fire around it, truly terrifying. This is the first time I've seen something like this.

5-19, 10 migrants, a boar and a puppy. I was too slow getting more balls queued up last caravan and I only had enough crap to make them like very happy but not ecstatic. I suspect that's why my last few migrant waves were not larger. Could be worse, but we need all the warm bodies we can get. Fairly skilled animal trainer (13), 2nd one actually, but I've already got the 3 foresters. 2 low level hammerdwarves, I think I will make them militia. A few other promising candidates as well. The other 6 haulers. Oh, a bonecrafter mooded, I dunno, last month. We got an artifact bone spear.

8 keas, it felt good to give the marksdorf squad kill orders. Vengeance is mine sayeth the overseer!
There haven't been any new visitors to cavern2 but the FB is continuing to light it up.
Our giant spider left cavern1, he got into a brawl with a laborer once but otherwise just wandered about, another gorlak showed, he'll wind up in a cage like the last one.

We got fortifications around the upper deck, I'll probably make a little tower over the roof archery range so it can be a proper barracks.

The job management screen needs a search function! Could that be a script/plugin? Regular jobs screen has it. Realized melt order was from furnace not military. Maybe military could get the large order (4 or 6) and the furnace could get an order for 1. Kinda like the overlap in smelting.

So not being given specific weapon orders (I just assigned crossbow) I see all my marksdorfs using iron xbows, even though there are 13 platinum, 3 of which are masterwork. The platinum maces and warhammers are being used, but there are no alternatives crafted. I mean I could force assign pt xbows, but this should get some science.

Well fucking fantastic! I dug into the cistern, didn't even realize it, digv is a very dangerous command. Good thing I had the shutoff shut or we'd have a major flood on the lower levels.

New soapmaker location, is good closer to ashery too. You should swap the wood and liquid piles locations to go with the move.

Seasons end, our FB is still there. Not horribly aggressive, half a pack of crundles are still lurking. The gorlak is still keeping a low profile in cav1. Surface been quiet since the keas were slaughtered.
All smoothed, engraving now and a little mining. I guess we should do 3rd apt level since masons are not doing anything. Still getting caught up on steel. Militia getting trained up.

Oh and the cursed nickel carts are still there, and cursed.

Something else if you're still looking for more coding work, dig priority override for quickfort. So like I am laying out a new apt level, I want it at pri 2 instead of 4 because I've got other dig/smooth tasks assigned and I want this done now. It's a chore to go through and do it by hand. A switch to set it for the entire dig would be great.

So I thought chain mail + high boots covers legs, not according to DT (I was holding off on greaves for the archers).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 02:23:25 pm by ldog »

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 27, 2021, 10:45:06 am »

So getting more FB and cyclops now on the surface, 2 in a row...but it's still a bit boring. The 2nd cook mooded into armorsmith (I had her create a piece earlier). Still having trouble with flux hauling/cancellation spam.
3rd caravan still no liaison, still no one else comes to visit us. I kinda just let that game run on auto, the militia needs to be filled out and trained better for the circus.

Trying a default world and default size embark, something I never do. Of course trying to find an embark I like might be too frustrating.
Scarce minerals makes it very hard, certainly too hard for a 2x2 embark, so we're gonna see how bad the 4x4 is these days.
Things I must have: Sand, Flux, Coal, minimum soil, Iron, Copper (really don't want to try to keep up with ammo on imported copper), strongly prefer bituminous coal, strongly prefer flux in sedimentary layer, goblins, candy spires - even on a 2x2 I normally look for 4 minimum (with highest mineral setting). Would like a magma pipe (volcano, not necessarily to surface, up to caverns will do...almost impossible to find flux other than marble though) but that can be rare on a good embark without specialized world gen settings.

So 2x miner 5/engraver 5, 2x mason 5, mechanic 5/carpenter 5, cook 5, grower 5. TLDR: After great internal debate, we dumped the chef I'm thinking we're going to be overrun with carpenter/bowcrafters sooner or later, when we only want 3 tops. Same thing for craftsdwarves of all kinds. By 3rd year we are flinging most all migrants into the military/hauling.

We're going to make 14 nestboxes, 5 beehives and likely only 10 rock pots prior to the 2nd migrant wave. Hardly worth bringing a skilled stonecrafter for. The 4 glass parts we need to make don't justify a glassmaker (and I'd still rather have an armorer). One of the masons can make the first 2 nestboxes, 1st wave we will assign at least 1 craftsdwarf who can take over from there. While grower & cook aren't the most important skills (for an advanced embark smiths are always a good way to future proof, and if we weren't doing this profession based thing I'd likely still go that route) we do need both those professions off the rip and this way we can set and forget. The grower will do 4 brewing jobs, build fields and plant, probably get a harvest or 2 in as well. Since the farms typically dug out within a month the farmer will work steadily from there on out. The cook will butcher the draft animals, tan their hides, render fat, and make a few meals. Granted it isn't a tremendous amount of work, but it is important work, and we need at least 1 dorf somewhat free for hauling. Also since the embark skill choices we're going more for speed and convenience than anything else, I can justify it somewhat. Going to just use the extra points for resources.

I know I said another mechanic would be handy, but since haulers are mechanics we wind up flush with them. I'll have the grower or maybe the chef be the 2nd woodcutter temporarily if need be. Prior to surface5 having the mechanic & carpenter be the same dorf will work, the carpenter is somewhat busy but the mechanic isn't. That means 1st wave we will need to assign another forester, but considering a carpenter/bowcrafter/wood-cutter migrant isn't unlikely and he can learn mechanics while building/linking/loading as the skilled 1 makes mechanisms it works. Any highly skilled mechanic migrants will be assigned as haulers (thinking of renaming them Engineer) "I prefer to think of myself as a Hauling Engineer"  -Urist "Ed" Norton. I'm still leaning towards removing engineering from the Forester (making it woodworker/ranger only, losing 2-3 mechanics really isn't going to be noticed) but I have to figure out starting pairings that work. We could ditch the cook and just bring extra food (or let them eat the raw meat, doesn't really seem to bother them) and hold off on butchering. I think we will ditch the cook. They will just as happily eat the raw meat. Just have to brew the PH quick (will have to dump 4 barrels of solids/combine 5 barrels of booze for emptys)

2x miner 5/engraver 5, 2x mason 5, mechanic 5, carpenter 5, grower 5. Assigned as 2 miners, 2 masons, 1 hauler, 1 forester, 1 farmer. Hauler 2nd cutter if heavily treed. Probably make him do the initial stonecrafting too. I think this is solid.

As far as optional skills, we could give the carpenter animal training (because it is slow to train, but does it make a difference? lately giant bats are my main wild tames and even 0 skill can train them...they are fucking savage too, I wish they didn't lose flight when trained) or wood-cutting (I still consider it useless, the delay in tree-felling seems more to be getting them to go do it vs how long the job takes...I could be wrong though, but it really seems to take minimal time to fell a tree) Bowcrafting? Meh! Brewing skill does absolutely fuck all (I think it's broken) and the rest of the farmers skills really aren't worth considering (gelder 5 to strike fear into the male animals?). If I actually planned on using siege engineering it would be a natural pairing for the mechanic; I don't. Migrants are always going to have free social skills and so make better brokers. Engraving is actually stoneworking (stonecrafting is not), but I don't see us pulling the masons off to smooth stone or do anything else until after the very last apartment level is furnished. The bookkeeper being semi-broken recordkeeping is worthless. Manager's gain on the job so fast once we hit the required mark (20+ dorfs) but that is 2nd wave at least. Again we don't have to be slaves to the categories nor the professions even, but trying to fully evaluate the strategy and options. After my last playtest, I think your counts for totals of each profession are spot on too.

So we beef up on raw materials with the extra points. Tetrahedrite was the only copper available, which costs 9 vs 6 so we bring some. The embark has copper but not tin and I still like to have the option to make some bronze off the rip. Hmmm...or we could just go to iron, 24 pts vs 15, although that gives us half as many bars. We'll stick with the bronze.

Wow, this was going to be a short post and it got huge!

Odd, onmapload_dreamfort.init ran. Neither pylnp nor my own did.

And most of this map is a huge open shaft, it's very interesting but fuck playing on that. The lava stops at 32, which I guess is the bottom of cavern1 sheesh! 7946 Hematite, 3013 Tetrahedrite, 1546 Candy, 272 Gold - underwhelming, which reminds me why I don't play on these settings, although I suppose it's really plenty enough, I just hate the lack of variety. The marble isn't very deep at least. Hardly any trees, the caverns have most of the wood (half wasteland but still). Aquifers all over the place, and just a really wierd pattern, probably light but still, I hate the new aquifers. I used to go for a partial (back when they were all heavy) but now I avoid them and just look for a brook/river. Yeah, so many things wrong here. So much useless space. I'd be tempted to tough it out, but I imagine a few flyers loose and FPS would tank with this crazy cave network. Actually, there isn't even enough contiguous solid space for the Dreamfort.

I might have been hasty about concluding safe feeder size. If it is full of wheel barrows, it won't generate hauling jobs. So half the size in wheel barrows is safest.

1053-10-1 (back in Kikrostogred, came back for more skill data, stayed for the FB, cyclops and titans) The world has passed into the age of heroes. Whatever that means.
Well the year almost finished out fairly quiet, we HAD a jeweler. It happened so fast the idiot went out to grab something in the caves and the wounded troll (the marksdorfs from barracks had popped a few bolts into it; overall I am really pleased with that archery range/fortification overlooking the main cavern) ripped her to shreds(you say).

All apartments done (well last of furniture going in). Finishing smoothing, starting more engraving. Troops are training.

I manually ordered steel xbows, they are being used. Will do some silver when I get a chance but expect them to not be used either, but who knows since the platinum maces/war hammers get used with orders of individual, choice melee. Hmmm, maybe I should change them from crossbows to individual choice, ranged. I specify crossbows because the last thing is I need some idiot grabbing a bow or blowgun that I can't manufacture ammo for.

I'm still not sure about this tailor plugin.

I think the ore feeder needs to go back to 5x3 and the bar feeder can be made 11x2 (move 3 to the left). That would allow 7-8 wheel barrows. I am still having trouble keeping up with demand with 5.

Auto-nestbox probably shouldn't check against babies. Like now it is telling me it needs 37 nestboxes. I don't need 37 nestboxes, I need it to STFU.
Separate zone for them if possible in your mods. Like I throw them all in the grazers pasture for lack of a better place (otherwise they wander all over the fort) and this way the ganders stay there too.
Same for puppys, I pull them out of the wardog zones until they are grown and trained.

Being I used to use mail leggings (you can wear them under greaves, but I no longer feel they are necessary) I never noticed the lack of leg cover. Suggest adding trousers to uniform as well.

I feel the init loading is flaky. Sometimes it loads in order, sometimes it loads in reverse order, sometimes it only loads some of the files. Mine should run last since it is onMapLoad_Z_Krougal.init but last load it ran 1st, then onMapLoad_dreamfort.init ran. onMapLoad_PyLNP.init I did not see the command in there although multilevel is working (that might get written to save though, it is the only command in there now). The run before that my file did not run, I have not made any changes lately.

Marksdorfs not really training armor/shield (like probably not at all, just hard to tell because some of them came with some levels) and overall militia training feels much slower than it used to be.
1053-3-6 and we've got 3 elites out of 24 melee (but those 3 started with 8+ skill) and 0 out of 14 xbow. Now I wish I had put the year on more of the earlier posts, I want to say I activated squads in early 1051. Now 2 years doesn't sound like a lot to some "realists" who used to argue it was unreasonably fast, my response to them was always "well then lets nerf skill gain across the board, because a dorf who does nothing but 1 craft continuously for 2 years will go from 0 to 20 in that time, why should the militia be any different." but maybe they got their way. Maybe I am just imagining things too, or maybe it's been closer to 1 year than 2. I had a couple crashes which always throws off my sense of time (it's good to hit ctl + s every month or so). I know there are still ways to force more aggressive training (danger rooms and the like), personally I can't be arsed with them anymore.

Considering going to leather armor, wood shields (do need some way to force wooden shields to craft job) and possibly even just copper for xbows. If they aren't going to train armor/shield/hammer not much point in weighing them down. I'd consider steel helmets at least, for when they get shot in the head through fortifications by that elite goblin archer, but then if they aren't going to train anything besides archer/marksdwarf they are semi-disposable.

Hmmm...and possibly I misremember things (old age does that). I fired up Mistemikud, 504-07-21, it's the save I have on DFFD with the obsidian generator (I really need to finish that plan) and 1st infantry are legendary, 2nd archer mostly legendary, 3rd infantry are middle of the road. The archers haven't really trained melee or armor here either. Dodge is fairly good across the board. That particular fort design though they will never be in harms way due to being immobile tanks because they are stationed inside a fortress line in a "shooting gallery".
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 03:06:46 pm by ldog »

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 28, 2021, 05:45:47 pm »

New embark. I'm leaving 175 points on the table in the embark profile (what it cost for 5 more level 5 skills) for customization (or in case you have to get a steel anvil). My honey badger leather was a problem, so was malachite. So we went to goose leather. I had to use tetrahedrite in the embark, but as it is 3 points more than malachite or native copper I am not going to leave it in the profile. If one doesn't know what to do with the extra points, more materials are always good.

Updated the DT custom professions. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_GY7NVR7Os5vfOfgQZyWyfauTeF-wkC8/view?usp=sharing
Main change was splitting Forester and Engineer. We added FNG to make assigning migrant waves easier. There is still a woodworker w/o the rest of the Forester role. I have a few professions in there that I probably won't use/are situational, but others may want.

So the usual, we assign professions (Farmer, Forester, Engineer, 2x Mason, 2x Miner), dogs to be trained for war. Reassign nobles. Turn alchemy off on farmer temporarily so he can haul (once we build farms we will turn it back on) Run setup. Designate surface 1. I brought 7 blocks so we aren't going to build the 2nd mason this time. We'll build a still out of the bar of coke and brew wine before the little bastards eat the PH.

Let's do a reveal, prospect and survey before we get too invested here. Soil is a bit deep. So is the fucking aquifer ffs! There wasn't supposed to be one even. Bottom left section has only 1 layer of aquifer, but not really where I want to build. Seriously, all the sedimentary layers are in water. All of the iron and coal and most of the dolomite are there. I mean WTF. And there are no sedimentary layers outside of the marshes in this world (or at least with coal AND flux).  The magma is extremely deep, over 100. 18k Galena, 5800 Tetra, 3700 Limonite, 2500 Garnierite, 2500 Sphalerite, 2300 Malachite, 1460 Adamantine, 7362 coal. Not overly generous amount of wood for a temperate marsh, although at least site will be clear fast. Yeah, I am just not feeling it. I guess I could always cheat away the aquifer if it really gets on my nerves, but we'll give wet mineral extraction a shot for the engineering challenge. Punching through light aquifer to build fort is easy enough, and there are a good solid 18 levels of dry stone before caverns, so we can build freely. The first 2 soil layers are dry too. Embark is fairly flat and there's enough space clear of ponds in the center. Not sure how we'll collect sand (sand layer is wet). We can work with it I guess. If I get fed up with this I'm going back to custom world gen (and I probably will when vampires and weres showup and trash the place, because I fucking hate them).

When there are multiple soil layers, I actually prefer moving the farm level down at least 1, it lets us not care about what happens on the surface. It just requires extending the channels. Since the 3rd layer in starts the aquifer we can only go down 1 extra, which is a lovely green peat level. Since we switched up some things here we hold off on training the dogs (hope I don't regret it 1 dog and mason already got into fight with a snapping turtle but ran it off) since I want the wheel barrows sooner than later. We remove anvil and since we brought 7 blocks the order for 2 blocks for surface2.

One does not simply dig through a 5 level aquifer. Even smoothing as we go (doesn't help first 2 levels are soil), already the water is too deep. Been too long since we did this dance. I don't think double-slit method works with light aquifer since they don't act as drains. Will liquids 0 so I can dig down to next level and then build some kind of drainage system.

Cooking being a farming labor anyway, I am just going to have the farmer cook 1 lavish meal and then turn it back off. I decide to let him be the bookkeeper and update the records before building the farms after what was recently discovered.

250-4-1 Even with the aquifer fiasco most of industry3 dug out. About the same progress as usual. Miners are lvl 9. They started at 5. 2/3 of the fields are planted. Surface3 nearly done. I didn't bother trying to micro materials (of course we've mostly dug quartzite lol) and I didn't build the 2nd mason. I think the extra hauler was more useful since once again, we are at about the same level of doneness.
Oh, and what little water seeps down from the 2 soil stairwells seems manageable, it evaporates in the industry level.

4-5 We're dug enough to build. I lowered priority on the non-essential parts of industry dig. Miners are lvl 10. 4 more fields planted so it seems lvl 5 grower can plant a field a day. Surface3 is done. We're right on schedule as usual.

4-15 Industry about wrapped up. Need to get a few more blocks made. I was debating dropping a mason from the embark (seem like mason immigrants are common too) but then realizing we are short 4 block orders I think not. We are just keeping up, and that was with the little trick about limiting orders. I get rid of the east side piles, make a 7 tile wood pile in the center, 2 tile piles for lye and milk of lime next to soap maker and respective crafter, 1 barrel each. I also redo the bar and ore feeders. Also since we've got the extra 2 wheel barrows from old surface pile I add them to the stone feeder. I again play with priority on services dig (I always do this too) to get what is needed to run the build order first (this is everything except the jail cells and about half the dining room). Saves a tiny bit of time before you can get the hospital setup, probably not going to be lifesaving, but you never know. Sure as shit when I get the nestboxes up really fast I get infertile eggs and then waiting for new eggs still. Maybe they don't fertilize by "spores" and have to spend some time together in the same pasture first, although could just be perpetual bad luck. Getting our first few harvests of plumpers just as he finished all planting. Convenient.

4-26 We get only 2 migrants. Hope the next wave is kinder to us. Gotta love the 2-3 migrant waves, they happen. Plot twist, they are both legendary miners. Not exactly what we needed right now but far from worthless. I guess they'll be eating my PH soon as the roast is gone but at least they aren't a lot of extra mouths to feed.

5-3 Services ready to build. I remove the ropes. I also set order condition on the traction benches that mechanisms and tables orders must be done first to prevent cancellation spam. Might be another helpful suggestion for help file.

Somehow the miners have trapped themselves in the wells (and got thirsty). This doesn't happen with just 2 of them. Fortunately there is 1 above who will dig them out. I guess the maintenance stairs should be higher priority. I honestly find the whole digging setup there overcomplicated (I don't think you need the 5 pri spots), but my cistern designs were bigger on the bottom and only had 1 stairwell.Yeah, I remember this conversation now, it has to be this way for several reasons. It's the fact that I messed with the prison area staircase that messed it up

Hospital zone doing that thing again, where it doesn't see the furniture. Toggling h off/on again fixes it. Might want to note that too, since it happens to me frequently.

"Dreamfort has a central stairs-based design. For all Dreamfort levels, place the cursor on the center (undug) tile of the 3x3 stairs area when you apply the blueprints for that level. The first surface blueprint will designate a column of stairs that you can use as a guide. If you need to extend the stairs down further to lower levels, run "quickfort run library/dreamfort.csv -n /central_stairs" with the cursor on the z-level below the lowest current stairs." Should be broken up so it is easier to copypasta. Google sheets leaves a lot to be desired. Probably make "If you need to extend the stairs down further to lower levels, run "quickfort run library/dreamfort.csv -n /central_stairs" with the cursor on the z-level below the lowest current stairs." it's own cell. Or better yet stick the command in the checklist with a note to run as needed.

250-7-1 Fall is here. The lack of manpower has hurt, although mining is crazy. We've only got 3 apt levels left to dig. The aquaducts ready to go, just need the stone hauled out of it. Might not be able to wait too long since the aquifer is starting to fill it slowly. First of our embark miners is legendary. Grower made 8. Surface4 orders done but construction not. Started making wood balls for trade caravan. Let's hope we get a nice fat migrant wave.

Liason showed this time. Caravan has leather and much needed food. The magma is very deep but we buy steel & nickel things anyway; need to do enough trade to make them ecstatic and we really don't need much.

7-27. Amazing 2nd migrant wave. 9 of them. clothesmaker 15, weaponsmith 15, metalcrafter 10, stonecrafter 15, glassmaker 6/woodcrafter 4. We assign them the relevant professions and then make a chef, 2 farmers, laborer of the rest. As soon as they settle in I'll run basic orders.

8-14 entire fort is dug. Smoothing begins.

9-05 Had a bunch of food rot again because I wasn't paying attention (got tied up seeing why miners weren't working, it somehow let me designate engrave, usually it doesn't let you designate it on unsmoothed stone), because we don't have a lot of surplus labor still and if I wasn't using autohaul the farmers would have done it (because they won't do ANY hauling with autohaul and alchemy) After counting it all up though, it was just 8 organ meat, hardly earthshattering. As a solution to that I'm going to add on-new-fortress autohauler PULL_LEVER allow; autohauler HAUL_FOOD allow to my init.

9-15 Mechanisms (of course jerk had to go eat before doing last 1) done so ordered linkages. I think at this point we can run surface6. In hindsight it would have been wise to assign one of the 2nd wave migrants as an engineer (would have cut 1 farmer I guess), he could have been linking as the mechanisms were made, and of course we're going to have a lot of traps to build & load soon. Hopefully we don't get a winter siege with a building destroyer, caverns breached (but sealed) so there is a chance of an FB that won't be able to get to us.

250-12-10 Winter has been fairly quiet. The river froze over so the aquaduct won't fill until spring, but I ordered all the stone dumped. Surface6 walls are done, still building traps. Time to order 7. Guildhall level about smoothed. Last game I didn't even have to furnish them, just engrave and they were good to go for petitioners. Beehives are all stocked. I'm having that issue again where the forester doesn't want to cut trees, and we are even below the auto-chop threshold so I don't know what's up with that. 1 tree was designated by me and the other by quickfort. Just after I typed this I un/redesignated them and he decided to go cut.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 02:00:47 pm by ldog »

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 29, 2021, 11:10:09 am »

251-1-12 Spring has sprung! I decided I'm going to try something very ambitious. We're going to channel out pretty much the entire aquifer (all levels) and then at the first dry level just channel around the perimeter of the map, smooth and make fortifications so we can drain it all (or maybe I'll make a huge cistern I dunno). And this fucking cancellation spam, it isn't gonna fly. How do you disable this? I remember doing it once, maybe the events file. This is fucking bullshit and it has to go.

Found a solution, http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=168607.0

A dingo man monster slayer petitioned for residence...Normally I don't want any non-dwarf residents, doubly so for freaky animal man hybrids, but this time I say WTF, why not, I'm sure he will die to some horrible FB or cyclops anyway and It'll be a minute before I can get a militia going. Man dingo whatevs. The very next day some speardwarf petitions too. The more the merrier. Akur Akir Akum.

2-4, 21 migrants. Mechanic 15, 2x Beekeeper 15 LOL, Tanner 15, Glazer 15 (DILLIGAF?), a Weaponcrafter 2 who is purple and italics...vampire? some kind of cursed, someone going into the volcano. Yeah, I know it's cheating, I don't GAF, I hate vampires (mainly because they don't drink booze, a fort full of immortal blood-sucking sober dorfs is just wrong on so many levels) and weres (because of the tantrum spirals they cause). They also take over the population. I came to play Dwarf Fortress. not Vampire Fortress, most certainly not Were-Man-Dingo Fortress. Want me to play fairly with them? Implement them in a way that doesn't suck and break the game. (I mean seriously if not for the great DFHack community, and especially Peri for maintaining the LNP I wouldn't touch this bug-ridden POS of a game with a 10' pole)
/rant :o

8) But seriously, nice migrant wave (other than the shitty skills, and the lamest vampire I have ever seen, I mean seriously they are usually stacked with skills at least, don't get me started again). Several are lvl 3 soldiers, but right now we need haulers. We'll just teleport Urist McVampy into the magma, not dealing with his brand of BS. Mechanic is no brainer for Engineer. Tanner, might as well be 2nd chef. We designate 5 melee and 5 marks (from the skilled ones) - we wanted trap loaders, we got em, 2 weaklings to fill out our farmers. That leaves us 7, probably laborers. Really need a doctor. None of them skilled. Screw it, all laborers, 8 total now. I'd have liked more miners but I have 4 legendary, I don't think I want to throw any unskilled noobs in, will hold out for some skilled engravers at least. We have everything but doctor covered. If someone gets hurt we'll deal with it, otherwise I hold out hope for the next wave.

Actually I decided to cure the vampires curse http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173245.msg7932576#msg7932576 which caused her to die of old age. Never let it be said the overseer is not fair and just!

251-4-1 Summer again. I got so caught up with our digging project I didn't even watch the time. Surface7 finished...sometimes last season.
FFS like a full squad of merc, the petitions keep coming, leave me the fuck alone already. This digging project is another disaster, mostly because I should have started smaller, I have drains in but not enough. And they messed up the order somehow even though I channeled down with priorities, yeah fuck this, reloading.
Human caravan came by the way.

So I had to redo all this, even though I saved late spring, I forgot if you let the game rollover to the next season you've lost that save (only the save from the beginning of the season is kept as a backup)
We didn't get the vampire, we did get more or less the same migrants +1. I got the digging down to something that works, of course I got someone drowned on the 2nd section of drains. A 5 level aquifer fucking sucks, light or not. If it wasn't where the essentials are I'd bypass it. Probably should have set up a dwarven reactor and pumps or some shit. It's really too much of a pain in the ass. And then I need to dig 115 levels to magma. Joy.

Uhm, coins should be in metal stockpile, I mean they are metal, and they are their own category. Sheets should probably go over with the cloth since the craftsdwarf shop intended for it is over there. I like the new furniture heavy feeder.

Could use something to purge hair. If we select to not keep it from menu then we also don't get wool. While I like to have some to use for initial thread in hospital, having tons of the stuff around is a hassle, and I notice the dyers will waste dye on it. It has to go. Partial solution is to only allow sheep/llama/alpaca/troll hair in the feeder, all the rest go to the trash feeder. Supply dyer from QSP. I guess farmers workshop has to restricted for spinning (which is a fucking pain in the ass, it has a lot of suppliers to link), actually that and can skip the dyer then. I guess dyed it is useful as a trade good, can't automate getting it out of the shop though, no stockpile option for it. Only dying cloth and not thread is an option too. Separate dye jobs for different wool thread would work as well I guess. Spinning would have been easiest, but the conditions don't seem to work right. Ok, I guess there are viable solutions that don't involve modding raws.

Paper! I don't think you have this anywhere. Either basic or other stock. Seems good to keep 10 sheets and 10 scrolls around to stock a library.

252-1-26 I am so fucking done with this aquifer. I've dug out about an embark square. Standard density metal means I need to keep digging, not to mention I need the dolomite anyway. This is really not fun, it is a time-consuming micro-management chore and it is taking way too long. I think tomorrow I will just cheat the aquifer away.

I have come to the conclusion there is a grace period on noble skills. For instance, we all know the early manager doesn't even validate work orders, let alone need or gain any skill. Then there is the appraiser where the prices are accurate initially, but if you change brokers it will depend on their skill (it's very noticeable if you assign someone without appraiser). I believe that is where my manager troubles are stemming from, since the manager will go validate some orders, but with very low skill they will do like 1 or 2 and then you wait a month again.

I remember why I don't accept freeloaders. The monster hunters just stood around drinking my booze while a were-hamster warlord night creature (I shit you not) wreaked havok. I think he might even have been 1 of the freeloaders. After that I dumped them all in the cavern so they could get the action they came for. Now the few survivors are spamming me with starving and dehydrated. We haven't discovered magma yet or I'd dump them in it. There should be a way to evict these bums.

We had some fuckery with the cage stockpile where they decided to keep taking the wheelbarrows and dropping them on the bridge gates and spamming me with cancellation notices. I set the pile to 0, dumped all the wheelbarrows downstairs, waited a bit and then reassigned them. Seems to have fixed it.

I think I'm about on the edge of burnout again, all the bugs are really getting to me and I am getting sick of the game again.

Constant cancellation spam (If it isn't 1 thing it's another) digging pump stack: Miner cancels remove stairs/ramps: Forbidden area. WTAF!
Ok, I'm an idiot, I put them into siege lockdown (probably for the werebeast) and forgot to turn it off.

I think this might work better for the pump stack, of course the lowest layer needs to not channel under the middle of the pump, but it's probably easier to adjust that in game than the BP. Do similar on the E/W.

My manager troubles continue to baffle me. I don't get it. I unassigned completely, the office too. Then let it run a bit and reassigned him. I even cheated his skill up to 15 to see if that would help, it didn't. I had to do this several times before it finally worked. At least with the higher skill he did do all the jobs in 1 shot, because they were piling up. The job just doesn't get queued, it is the same thing when there is a problem with the fell tree job, when it is working an actual job gets queued in the list.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 08:33:14 am by ldog »

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 30, 2021, 07:37:12 pm »

Haha, well, you've certainly given me a lot to think about and refine this cycle! Give me some time to catch up.

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 30, 2021, 07:46:06 pm »

Haha, well, you've certainly given me a lot to think about and refine this cycle! Give me some time to catch up.

Was about to send out the search party lol!
I'm starting another new embark, I just can't take it anymore on that insane default world.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 30, 2021, 09:26:05 pm »

I'm almost done with the modifications to prioritize (supporting specific reaction names) and I'm exploring what a uniforms plugin might look like. I also need to update the professions and the related documentation.

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 30, 2021, 09:38:21 pm »

I'm almost done with the modifications to prioritize (supporting specific reaction names) and I'm exploring what a uniforms plugin might look like. I also need to update the professions and the related documentation.

Oh goody! I'll hold off until tomorrow then (so I can test the prioritize), about ready for bed.
Besides importing uniforms from config files, I'd say the ability to copy an existing uniform would be useful. Oh, and export.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 30, 2021, 09:45:32 pm »

There is actually already a script that can clone an existing uniform. See gui/clone-uniform.

Ok, changes to the dreamfort blueprints, aliases, init script, professions, orders, and documentation have been merged. I need to go back through this thread and add what I missed to my backlog so I can address them in the next wave of updates. Filtering by reaction name in the prioritize script is in the PR but hasn't been merged yet since Lethosor is still actively reviewing. It's fully covered by unit tests, though, so I'm pretty confident that the code is solid. There will be a new release of DFHack soon (for some value of "soon"), so I'm going to do one or two more runthroughs of dreamfort, but I won't make any more changes for now unless I find serious issues.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 01:35:27 am by myk »

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 31, 2021, 07:25:38 am »

There is actually already a script that can clone an existing uniform. See gui/clone-uniform.

Ok, changes to the dreamfort blueprints, aliases, init script, professions, orders, and documentation have been merged. I need to go back through this thread and add what I missed to my backlog so I can address them in the next wave of updates. Filtering by reaction name in the prioritize script is in the PR but hasn't been merged yet since Lethosor is still actively reviewing. It's fully covered by unit tests, though, so I'm pretty confident that the code is solid. There will be a new release of DFHack soon (for some value of "soon"), so I'm going to do one or two more runthroughs of dreamfort, but I won't make any more changes for now unless I find serious issues.

Nice. Woulda saved me a lot of trouble when I used to make 6 different steel uniforms (1 for each weapon).

So I grabbed the config file changes off the PR but then I realized there isn't one for new prioritize yet :( Got it, thanks!

I won't go through all the gory details this time just the highlights. Speediest speedrun yet. Industry dug out on 3-19. We lost 2 wardogs to pack of boars and their own stupidity, at least it was 1 of each gender so we have a mating pair still. It will slow down my eventual "dogsplosion" so I'm not too tore up about it. My drafters are starving. Interesting. The plants are all dead here, even though the trees grow and all, I've embarked in this world before on this type of terrain, not had a problem with pasture. We will see. Only deviations this time were my changes to some stockpiles and I placed the farm level 3 levels down so the dig requires a bit more channeling.

Oh, I noticed (yesterday actually) that honey bee wax cake (used for wax crafting) is classed as a food item and winds up in the cookables stockpile.

Finally got around to trying a fisherdwarf (well, a legendary one showed up), he went and got some mussels and then he cleaned them. Very nice!

Ordering them to dump hair (from standing orders, refuse) doesn't keep the hair from being created in the butcher, so it's useless. The spinning job still triggers off a single piece of mule/yak/etc because you can spin them like 7 times per, but I don't think raising the number is the solution. Have to find a way that works to filter it to wool. Setting it to say "sheep wool" which is a valid choice, when combined with "unrotten hair/wool body part" (because sheep wool item of course won't work) turns the filter into "unrotten body parts" which I don't think is going to work. I don't have any wool handy right now. Then we also can't specify that we want to spin sheep wool anyway. It pisses me off how Toady can be so pedantic about shit but then doesn't provide the same level of detail in our control options. Let us filter hair, or let hair be made into cloth, or just get rid of the fucking hair. To add insult to injury necromantic hair scares everyone so it isn't like we can ignore the hair. Personally I don't even have hair.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 09:09:09 pm by ldog »

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 01, 2021, 10:30:26 pm »

After some more testing, I've found that the "keep a small stock"-style manager orders do keep the larger one-time orders from ever getting scheduled in the workshops. This is bad, since it absolutely kills fort efficiency, but the fix is relatively simple. I added a "sort" command to the orders plugin. Running the command on repeat once a game day keeps things running smoothly. PR here
...aaaand it's merged! Thanks lethosor!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29