Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Wiki?  (Read 9964 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday, Wiki?
« on: July 23, 2020, 02:35:23 pm »

Looking in the subforum for some other information (which I think I'm not now going to post about, you lucky lucky potential recipient) I realised that the very first post in it is from almost 10 years ago, exactly. Erm, "almost exactly 10 years ago"?

Whatever, in just over a week it will be exactly so. July 30th, by my reckoning, give or take your own timezone.

And I recall, hopefully correctly, the suggested formation of the Wiki (or was it the subforum?) and was probably just as uselessly waffling on in my initial support of it, but without diving into its home-page's edit history (assuming that info survived any intermediate migration) I'm not sure I can tie down exactly at which point it came about, relative to the forum.

But, if I'm not totally wrong, it's been 10 years (ish) exactly, some time around now, for sure!  At least of the subforum.

And I'm sorry to admit that I've read far too little of either's contents, and contributed far too little useful information of my own. But happy birthday anyway to it/this, and possibly some of you reading this too.( I, too, have a birthday this year. As I do most years.)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Wiki?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 03:20:17 pm »

It does appear to be the subforum. I don't know much about the history of the wiki before that, though, but I know that the current wiki was set up around 2009 and imported from an older site. There are a bunch of files like this one that were imported manually in October 2009.

I don't know exactly how old the older wiki was, but given that a number of pages have separate versions for 0.28 ("40d") and 0.23 ("23a"), I would guess that it was older than the 0.27-0.28 series, which started in 2007.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.