Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Medieval Lords  (Read 7810 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Medieval Lords
« on: July 22, 2020, 09:38:56 pm »

Hello and welcome to a game based in the medieval setting where you all are trying to outdo each other, and npcs, to become emperor. Though becoming emperor is not enough, you must secure you position as emperor and hold it for 10 turns to be declared a true emperor. Throughout the game you will have to manage your population, resources, and armies to become the greatest emperor the empire has seen.

For the population you have peasants, yeomen, knights, and nobles. You can promote, or demote, your pops as you see fit; with one catch, promoting a pop costs 10 of said pop, though demoting only costs 1 of said pop and gives 1 of the new pop. The different pops grow at different speeds: peasants at 1/10, yeomen at 1/20, knights at 1/40, and nobles at 1/80.

For the resources you have food, gold, troops, and crowns. Each pop produces a separate resource: 100 peasants gives 1 food, 100 yeoman gives 1 gold, 100 knights gives 1 troop, and 100 nobles give 1 crown. Food is used to feed your population and armies: every 1000 pop eats 1 food, consumption for armies varies. Gold is used to buy mercs and to pay your armies: prices vary for mercs and armies. Troops are used to build and reinforce your armies: the amount needed to build and reinforce varies. Crowns are used to influence lower ranked opponents and increase your rank: (10*rank of opponent) crowns to influence lower ranked opponents, (100*rank) crowns to increase your rank.

For armies and mercs you have archers, light infantry, light cavalry, crossbowmen, heavy infantry, heavy cavalry, and cavalry archers. The following spoiler gives the cost and stats of each unit type, armies can be composed of as many units as you wish. Do note that these are for player built armies, mercs will come and go every turn and will have an upfront cost with an upkeep that is 10-20% of the cost.
Order of who gets hit: light inf -> heavy inf -> archers -> crossbowmen -> light cav ->heavy cav -> cav archers
Who hits when: range on round 1, cav on round 2, inf on round 3
Morale is the same as hp.
For the most part attacks do 50% damage to opposing units and 50% morale damage(morale is calculated as an army), a d10 is used for attack damage.

The ranks are as follows: 1(Baron(starting rank)), 2-3(Viscount), 4-5(Count), 6-7(Duke), 8-9(King), 10(Emperor). There can only be 1 emperor, the first player to get to emperor and KEEP the rank for 10 turns wins the game; if someone gets to emperor the current emperor is demoted to duke(rank 7). The other win condition is to be a king and have no other player kings or dukes for 10 turns. That is where influencing opponents comes in, by influencing someone they have to spend that much more to rank up; just remember you can only influence lower rank opponents and only ONCE every 10 turns per opponent. Also you can only rank up ONCE every 2 turns.

Please fill out the following sheet if you want to play:
Code: (player sheet) [Select]
Leader Name:
Pop:(total: P/Y/K/N)(1000 pop to allocate)
Armies: (zero at start)
Resources:(divide the pop that produce's the resource by 100 for starting resources)
-Food:
-Gold:
-Troops:
-Crowns:
Notes: (any notes you want to keep that your ok with everyone knowing)
Example:
Code: ( Example player sheet) [Select]
Leader Name: George
Pop: 1000: 500/200/200/100
Armies: 0
Resources:
-Food: 5
-Gold: 2
-Troops: 2
-Crowns: 1
Notes: Willing to trade food for crowns.

The Empire:
PCs:
Klaus(Baron)(1)
Gloria Springsteen(Baron)(1)
Magnolia von Seckendorff(Baron)(1)
Aywen "Red Baron" Ayes(Baron)(1)
Kreed Lungstodt(Baron)(1)

NPCs:
James(Emperor)
Jim(King)
Henry(Duke)
Luis(Count)
Karl(Viscount)
Lance(Baron)

We have started, New players can join whenever. If you have any question please ask.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 08:59:29 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Lords
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 02:06:59 am »

Do different units have different damage/hit point amounts? Otherwise it seems most cost effective to have an army of nothing but archers/light infantry.

Also, how much promoting/demoting of Population can I do in a single turn? Could I send a Peasant all the up to a Noble if I wanted?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 02:10:12 am by Kashyyk »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 09:26:14 am »

Do different units have different damage/hit point amounts? Otherwise it seems most cost effective to have an army of nothing but archers/light infantry.
It's all d10 for attack damage, heavy units have 2x the hit points(and give 4x the morale) as light units.

Also, how much promoting/demoting of Population can I do in a single turn? Could I send a Peasant all the up to a Noble if I wanted?
To get a noble from a peasant in one turn would mean you would have to promote 100,000,000 peasants to knights, who would then be 100,000 yeomen going to 100 knights, who would then go to 1 noble. Or the more cost effective way(also the normal way) is 100 peasants to 1 yeomen, 100 yeomen to 1 knight, 100 knights to 1 noble. You can see in you mind this as promoting 1 guy through the ranks of pop if you like.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 09:31:49 am »

Could I cheese the start by going for 1000 Nobles, then immediately demoting 500 to get 50,000 Knights, demoting half of them to get 25,000,000 Yeomen, then half of them to get 1,250,000,000 Peasants?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 09:43:16 am »

Could I cheese the start by going for 1000 Nobles, then immediately demoting 500 to get 50,000 Knights, demoting half of them to get 25,000,000 Yeomen, then half of them to get 1,250,000,000 Peasants?
Theoretically, but I am going to rule max to demote is 10 a turn per pop type.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 04:57:56 pm »

You'd need 100 peasants 900 nobles to avoid starvation.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 05:29:00 pm »

Anyway, let's actually make a sheet huh?

Leader Name: Klaus
Pop: 100/300/300/300
Resources:
-Food: 1
-Gold: 3
-Troops: 3
-Crowns: 3
Notes:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 01:14:49 pm by Kashyyk »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 07:10:37 pm »

Leader Name: Gloria Springsteen
Pop:250 P/ 250 Y/250 K/250 N)
Resources:(divide the pop that produce's the resource by 100 for starting resources)
-Food: 2.5
-Gold: 2.5
-Troops: 2.5
-Crowns: 2.5
Notes:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:32:48 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 07:23:18 pm »

Notes: if this will result in starvation in the first turn, please tell me so I can fix that before game start
you should be fine for food.

Do to potential exploitation pop demotion only gives 1 pop of the new pop. Promotion still is a 100 to 1.

Also Naturegirl1999 and Kashyyk are accepted. 4 more.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:27:17 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 07:32:17 pm »

Notes: if this will result in starvation in the first turn, please tell me so I can fix that before game start
you should be fine for food.

Do to potential exploitation pop demotion only gives 1 pop of the new pop. Promotion still is a 100 to 1.

Also Naturegirl1999 and Kashyyk are accepted. 4 more.
thanks for answering the question, I’ll delete the answered question from the notes now

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 07:51:04 am »

Leader Name: Magnolia von Seckendorff
Pop: 300P/ 200Y/ 300K/ 200N
Resources:
-Food: 3
-Gold: 2
-Troops: 3
-Crowns: 2
Notes:

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2020, 09:06:02 am »

If it's going to give us only 1 troop when demoting a pop, maybe promoting can be lowered to something reasonable, like 1:10? Also, is James going to win in 10 turns, or is that only for human players?

Leader Name: Aywen "Red Baron" Ayes.
Pop: 100P/ 100Y/ 700K/ 100N
Resources:
-Food: 1
-Gold: 1
-Troops: 7
-Crowns: 1
Notes:
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2020, 09:13:43 am »

If it's going to give us only 1 troop when demoting a pop, maybe promoting can be lowered to something reasonable, like 1:10? Also, is James going to win in 10 turns, or is that only for human players?
That is a good idea, promoting is a 10 to 1, also only human players can win.

Also ctsun and a1s are accepted, just 2 more at least to start.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2020, 01:13:56 pm »

Cos Promotion/Demotion rules have changed, I've updated my sheet

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2020, 08:14:51 pm »

Cos Promotion/Demotion rules have changed, I've updated my sheet
That's fine.

I would like to have 6 players, to any that are on the fence on playing what would push you over to playing(not saying I will change it, just asking).
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7