Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Severe Blood Loss  (Read 1029 times)

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Severe Blood Loss
« on: July 31, 2020, 02:21:47 pm »

One of my adventurers retired into a fort, then I unretired the fort. I noticed that the adventurer was flashing and listed as having Severe Blood Loss. His wounds screen shows some minor bruising from his violent adventures, though not enough to register on Therapist or in the game. Combat since retirement has been limited to a single wombat.

I thought it might be a vampire. But Legends Viewer shows only two living vampires in the world. It was easy to determine that neither of those vampires had infiltrated this fairly small fort.

My best guess is that I've discovered an unretirement bug in which slightly damaged adventurers develop weird medical problems. And that's great. It's easy to fix with DFHack, and I can put it on my big retirement checklist. But before I do that, can you guys think of any other explanation for a dwarf having Severe Blood Loss with no other injuries?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Severe Blood Loss
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 02:56:23 pm »

Maybe an infection from an old wound?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 12:25:44 pm »

The adventurer fought some demons and night creatures with cloud attacks. Maybe he picked up a syndrome in adventure mode, but it didn't affect him until fortress mode. Would that make sense? How could I check that?

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 01:21:34 pm »

Are you sure he's not coughing or vomiting blood? If it's a syndrome from a night creature, this could be why there's no wounds.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 11:08:07 pm »

The adventurer fought some demons and night creatures with cloud attacks. Maybe he picked up a syndrome in adventure mode, but it didn't affect him until fortress mode. Would that make sense? How could I check that?

Could be, given how slowly time passes in adventure mode versus fort mode.

If you've got dfhack, you can use "show-unit-syndromes showeffects selected".
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 11:17:24 am »

Show-unit-syndromes didn't show anything on this guy. But full-heal fixed it.

Jundavr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 07:42:17 pm »

If it's an infection, Dwarf Therapist's health tab will show which part it is, but you might need to activate the show wounds in the cheat settings
I was out in the rain. So exasperating!