Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die: Turn 12: Wondrous brief! [Game End]  (Read 6139 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile

Hug the flailing fir, to let it know I care.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2020, 11:04:51 pm »

Turn 10:

Spoiler: "Elizabeth Fripp" (click to show/hide)
...Oops. Let's use my power to ask a question: can I access a safe way down to the giants?
You squat down, close your eyes, and attune to the cyber-network of this valley. You pack the pieces of your question into a compact and discrete form--like making a snowball--and throw it with your mind into the void. A mental snowball flies back, hitting you in the mental face. You mentally hear it mentally say, "yes" before dribbling away, mentally.

Spoiler: "Burt Smith" (click to show/hide)
RIP MY SELF FROM THE GROUND, and give the flint to whoever wanted it.
You try to rip yourself out of the ground, but there are cables slithering through the ground and wrapping around your trunk, holding you tight! You drop the flint to Douglas Fir at least.

Spoiler: "Douglas Fir" (click to show/hide)
AWAY from TREES. Into CAVE. Not deep into cave though.
Yes, yes, into the cave! You roll in through the hole, land on your feet, and run forward into the dark. You really don't mean to go far, but then who's to say how far is far? About half a minute later you launch off of the hidden cliff and tumble through the rushing air. Down below one of the two bronzed titans opens the metal door into the furnace. The light from it illuminates the canyon into which you are falling.

Spoiler: "I" (click to show/hide)
Hug the flailing fir, to let it know I care.
Awww, it's a really touching scene: the slithering cables are wrapping around the tree's trunk, tightening and biting their way into the bark. And the little almost-entirely-human-looking-figure (or AEHLF for short) steps up and gives the fir a big hug. "There there", it shushes, as the tree creaks and sways in panic.

Spoiler: "Ronda" (click to show/hide)
The blond-haired woman has been secretly suffering Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease for the last several months. While she sleeps her brain finishes its slow death and she succumbs to the illness.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die: Turn 10: Ya snooze; ya lose.
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2020, 09:36:46 am »

Fall fall fall into the canyon! Not much else I can do.

Try to aim to land in water or something else relatively soft I guess.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2020, 09:55:52 am »

Use the materials present (sticks, cables) to give my machete a proper handle.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2020, 12:26:26 pm »

Use branches, rip cables off of self.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2020, 04:21:41 am »

Well, great. Walk into the cave and find the safe way down to the giants.
One wheel short of a wagon

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2020, 12:36:11 am »

Turn 11:

Spoiler: "Douglas Fir" (click to show/hide)
Fall fall fall into the canyon! Not much else I can do.

Try to aim to land in water or something else relatively soft I guess.

With a quick jerk, you are caught upon a giant iron hook protruding from the wall. The giants haven't noticed you as you dangle over their heads from your belt.

Spoiler: "I" (click to show/hide)
Use the materials present (sticks, cables) to give my machete a proper handle.
You lean over to pick up a length of cable, and there is a sudden lurching in your torso and a tight pressure inside your chest. Something has just shifted its bulk inside you. The pressure begins to build...

Spoiler: "Burt Smith" (click to show/hide)
Use branches, rip cables off of self.
GRRAAAAHH!! You rip yourself free of the cables, yanking their sparking ends free of the ground like tent-stakes and whirling them away into the distance. With that, you can move your... feet freely, and you look around you at the big beautiful world with a shiver of hope in your heart-wood.

Spoiler: "Elizabeth Fripp" (click to show/hide)
Well, great. Walk into the cave and find the safe way down to the giants.
Well you find your way through the cave, but when you get to the edge of the cliff (illuminated periodically by an orange flare from underneath), there are actually two winding stairs leading downward: one to the left, and one to the right.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die: Turn 11: A "pregnant" pause
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2020, 02:07:42 am »

Transcend.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2020, 03:50:57 am »

The Left Hand Path.
One wheel short of a wagon

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2020, 06:48:58 pm »

Now that I can move use my branches to remove the rocks from the cave mouth and see if I can get inside.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2020, 08:27:40 am »

I'm wearing a belt with my pajamas? How strange. Who wears a belt to bed? And why didn't I notice it when I took inventory of my clothing earlier?

Anyway, just keep hanging here. Try to climb onto the hook or at least get a good grip on it so I'm not suspended purely by my belt. Take a good look around for anything nearby within climbing distance.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2020, 03:04:52 pm »

Turn 12

I'm wearing a belt with my pajamas? How strange. Who wears a belt to bed? And why didn't I notice it when I took inventory of my clothing earlier?
Anyway, just keep hanging here. Try to climb onto the hook or at least get a good grip on it so I'm not suspended purely by my belt. Take a good look around for anything nearby within climbing distance.

Oops yeah my bad, no belt. In fact you impale yourself on the hook and meet your grisly end in that fashion. R.I.P.

The Left Hand Path.
Trick question: both paths led to a mysterious and unknowable fate.

Transcend.
This was always your purpose. You are released from your fleshy bonds as you give birth to the final form.

Now that I can move use my branches to remove the rocks from the cave mouth and see if I can get inside.
You break open the entrance, but underground isn't really your thing. You explore the valley instead, filling your days with wondrous sights and inspiring discoveries, until the planet itself is consumed by a calamitous event concerning the nearby star. The end is quick and painless.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die: Turn 12: Wondrous brief! [Game End]
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2020, 04:40:06 am »

This was fun while it lasted, to bad the planet blew up in the end.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Get Lost in that Cave and Die: Turn 12: Wondrous brief! [Game End]
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2020, 03:56:47 pm »

The way of all planets my boy, the way of all planets...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]