Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Re: Wizard School RTD: Turn 4  (Read 11492 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Wizard School RTD: Turn 0
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2020, 05:21:08 am »

"Tedious! TEDIOUS! This is a waste of time! I'd rather flip a coin or change my vote than have to go through this ordeal again! If any of you starts talking about preferential voting systems I swear I'm gonna whack you with my cane! And that's not an euphemism!"

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2020, 09:12:23 am »

Oak clears his throat and lets out a dry cough. "In any case, flipping a coin sounds like a more sensible option than murder."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2020, 09:30:40 am »

Revote or coin flip, let’s not kill each other. Teachers are needed, and we’re the only ones.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2020, 12:49:38 pm »

"Mhm, Mhm, mhm. Whacking with a cane, that's two votes for murder. And a veto vote against revoting! Wow. I didn't even think of veto voting. Flipping a coin, that's one vote. and that's one undecided between a coin flip and a revote. So, It looks like murder is in the lead by two votes to one to one, Now, that's progress, folks! The system is working quite well." Hori claps enthusiastically, smiling at each of the others.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2020, 01:02:54 pm »

What will we do with a drunken staler...

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Wizard School RTD: Turn 0
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2020, 11:45:23 pm »

"Why, what is all this worrying about a revote?  Ockell port is of course the best choice; we must remember, not only will we be teaching our trades to the denizens of this land, we will also be teaching them to accept and appreciate the magical arts!  While sequestering ourselves away where we can appreciate the beauty of the land, and free ourselves of civilization's distraction, it is simply not worth the loss in publicity."

1, Ockell port.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2020, 01:21:57 am »

"Splendid! That's that settled. I expect we'll still have many wonderful opportunities to visit the forest for field trips or to let the heat die down, or what-have-you. Oh, a splendid day for rain! And no one got murdered!"

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2020, 02:39:49 am »

Magim chuckles. "Well, that was quite anticlimactic, although relievingly so. What shall we decide on next? Perhaps the design of the campus? Or maybe the class schedule?"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2020, 06:45:41 pm »

Turn 0.5: In which we see Ockell and meet the student body

As soon as the vote is finished, the lines of the map whirl and reform into a series of glowing white sigils. With a flash of light and a small "pop", a short-term transit spell activates, and the muddy track is deserted once more.

Our six sorcerors find themselves in a completely different location, the weather changing from a constant downpour to light drizzle. They stand in an large, empty expanse of dirt. Two sides of the space are lined with the backs of squat wood and stone buildings: houses, storerooms, businesses, dull things like that. The third side opens onto a cobble street, with similarly boring buildings across the other side. The fourth side slopes down a gentle bank into the wide river Gef, a few hundred metres before it meets the sea.

Twenty of the sturdy children of the West Isle are standing on the road, staring at you. An even mixture of boys and girls, you'd guess they're mostly about twelve years old. They look like a reasonably intelligent lot, if a bit nervous. The West Isles has been settled by all sorts of folk over the years, so there's a variety of hues and accents to be found all over the island. None of the vivid green or blue-skinned students you'd see back home though, so either they don't have those here, or these people are racists.

Behind the children stand a handful of men and women striving to look impressive, and behind them a crowd of all kinds of townsfolk. A rather portly older gentleman steps forward to greet you, clearly apprehensive, running a hand through his thinning hair. He introduces himself as the mayor, and starts to do the same for several of the town elders, before losing his nerve and cutting his speech short.

The Mayor of Ockell formally places the children in your care, before herding them towards you in two clumps of ten. They've already been put into two classes with ideal numbers for teaching, imaginatively named Class A and Class B. Apparently the administration has prepared for your arrival by sorting this out in advance. As if you'd wind up trying to kill one another over minor organisational mishaps or something. The very idea.

Magim takes in the change of scenery and introductions, before continuing to flick through the documents provided by the administration. After a few seconds, he comes to the "School Building" section. It's very short, so he reads it out loud:

"You're wizards. Work something out."

It's time to get teaching. But at least one wizard should probably look into constructing a building of some sort, unless you want to sleep in a tavern and work in a puddle.

Spoiler: School Status (click to show/hide)

Please bold any actions. Turns will cover the events of a single month, so please post longer actions like "educate Class A in the fundamentals of pyromancy" or "supervise the construction of a new tower", rather than "go down to the docks and look around". We may break from this scheme if events require it. Please keep your bolded posts to one per turn, editing your original action post if necessary.

You can perform two actions per month, but only one of them can involve you yourself actually using magic, as wizardry is rather draining.

Also, feel free to add a bit of flavour about how you spend your free time in the evenings. Do you wander the nearby country, tell the students bedtime stories, or cut a dash in Ockell's bars and taverns? Talk about it, or don't. Don't post three actions though. You won't have time to get 'em all in.
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2020, 07:16:50 pm »

"Splendid! Let's get to teaching! So! How about Vids provides the manpower, workers and servants, that sort of thing, Dalia provides the structural material, walls and such and I provide the mechanical parts and... Professor Oak handles the children, accommodation, paperwork, orientation, that sort of thing, Magim handles the town elders, paperwork, supplies, utilities, all that jazz and Hori does... something. Probably hides in a closet. I'll get started with my part right away!"

Start work on a kinetic negator for the school, a device that will allow it to float high above the town! That way we won't have to worry about explosions damaging the nearby buildings. Or maybe just a device to stabilize it, if my colleagues go for a different design, like a giant treehouse on a giant tree or something.

On my free time, go around looking for what this town has to offer. Find where they brew the best coffee. Find what kind of vehicles or animals they use for transportation. Find out what they use for communicating. Generally try to figure out what kind of problems they seem to be facing or what kind of niches could be created or filled by a mage so that we can provide the necessary knowledge and choices to our little knowledge-sponges to ensure future employment (remember that they don't necessarily have to be workers, they can also be diplomats or idols or whatever). Hopefully one of those needs is racing or high speed transportation.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:57:41 am by Parisbre56 »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2020, 09:34:11 pm »

Magim Somar'ahneiro blinks. "Doctor Ifto, did you just declare me to be the secretary?" He begins calm, but sounds almost indignant at the end of his sentence.
Then, however, Magim places his right hand on his chin. "Actually... hmm. I suppose that, uh... twelve might be too young to teach them the great and terrible power of dreambattle. Definitely not as their first glimpse of magic. But then again..." That's probably not what's actually running through his head.

Non-magic action: Meet with the mayor and town elders to reassure them. It's not as if the world will turn upside-down in a day and a night; you'll have three years to watch Class A and Class B grow from children into wizards.
Magic action:
In dreams, things are often reduced to caricatures of themselves. That is the easy part. To restrict what is affected, and guide the simplification, is more difficult. Create an artifact that uses the simplification of Dream to purify any body of water it is placed in.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 11:40:27 am by The_Two_Eternities »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2020, 09:42:18 pm »

"Yeah, yeah, sure, sleep with the children, battle their dreams, sounds good enough to me." Kansei mumbled, not paying too much attention and mostly looking around distractedly, searching for a place with good coffee.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2020, 10:05:39 pm »

Non Magic Action: Search for materials for construction

Magic Action: Try using magic to help with actually building the classrooms
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 03:52:28 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard School RTD: Taking players!
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2020, 11:53:51 am »

"We didn't even have to abduct anyone! this is fantastic! Hey, let's make the accomodations into an inn with attached bar and dinery, with a pond! Wouldn't it be great to sleep in a taven and teach in a puddle? Mr. Secretary, Write that down! So says I, the Headmaster of Okell School of Magic"
Non Magic Action: Design the shape of the wizard school to be a large ritual diagram.
Magic Action: No magic, but do some research into this island's occult history. Are there fairies or imps or the like to contract with?

Spoiler: Hori Heera (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: active mages (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 10:14:27 pm by Ozarck »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2020, 03:50:46 pm »

"Leave the buildings to me," Oak says with a graceful bow.

Magic Action: Use my plant path to start building the campus, prioritising the student and teacher residences.

Non-Magic Action: Familiarise myself with the students of Class A and B, giving special attention to those with talent or an exceptional background.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 03:55:12 pm by vishdafish »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7