Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 77628 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #1035 on: March 24, 2021, 10:15:38 am »

Spotting the enemy movement, Orrel shook his head.

"Oh no you don't. Lin, Mus'ad, go help the others. I have something I need to do."

Moving around the wall, Orrel gave a small chuckle.

"An interesting set up you have here. Putting innocent lives at risk simply to try and get a chance to lose to the Order. Not the smartest move. And an interesting application of justice there... You might need to rethink your name there. But either way, I'll take your surrender now if you are smart."

H-13, assuming they don't surrender, elegant tessen Obedience

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 2: Rite of Passage
« Reply #1036 on: March 24, 2021, 04:51:11 pm »

Quote from: Kaya
Kaya takes Mordecai's Lockpick!

Reeve engages the gigantic reptilian Fiend. With unnaturally hot flames, she scorches the beast, stunning it briefly, redirecting its attention away from Mordecai and the others and very much towards her
Quote from: Reeve vs. Great Adamantoise Fiend
(Reeve's brilliance burns bright!)
(Reeve flashes over!)
(Reeve's light shines over the earth!)
(Kaya has called down the rain!)
(??'s Charisma activates!)
(Mordecai's Support activates!)
(Reeve is overconfident...)

Reeve initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
(Reeve's brilliance burns brighter!)
Great Adamantoise Fiend takes 32 damage!

Great Adamantoise Fiend's Life Point is consumed!
The Great Adamantoise Fiend's Threat Attack is canceled!

Quote from: Isabeau
Isabeau takes Kaya's Lockpick!

Isabeau opens the chest!
Isabeau acquires a Shield Ring!

Quote from: Arnett
Arnett opens the chest!
Arnett acquires a Chance Ring!

Quote from: Kruger
Kruger issues a Combat Order!
Mordecai and Arnett's healing and damage output is boosted by 50%!

[Now Playing: Theme of Obedience ~Red Sun~]

Obedience studies Orrel with an intrigued eye as he approaches.
"Another young pup to discipline. Fine. Let us begin your chastisement. This will not be long."

Orrel wastes no time throwing his fans at the armored tyrant, shimmering with the energy of Crystallurgic power surging through them. Orrel notices, however, that Obedience doesn't seem to be particularly fussed about fighting them. He can't sense the use of an Arte in any way, nor is his opponent particularly posing to take him on. They sound more uninterested than anything.
Quote from: Orrel vs. Obedience
(Orrel dances with the wind!)
(Orrel is limbered up! +10 Crit)
(Orrel has +10 Hit!)
(Orrel soars free!)
(Orrel bears the burden of expectations!)
(Obedience's Daunt activates!)

Orrel initiates!
Hit Rate: 95 to hit
Hit: 89, hit!
Obedience takes 17 damage!
(Obedience cowers from rebellion...)

Obedience retaliates!
Hit Rate: 43 to hit
Hit: 22, hit!
Orrel takes 16 damage!
(Obedience assumes an oppressive stance!)

Orrel strikes again!
Obedience takes 17 damage!

Obedience is defeated!
Despite a blast of dark magic clipping Orrel, his fans strike true as the Seeker is clearly hit.

However, as Orrel's strike lands, he notices something in the demeanor of the Seeker. They seem more bored, than surprised, impressed, angry or even scared. As if they'd expected this outcome.
"It seems the young pup is stronger than I'd anticipated. Fine. Justice, I leave this to you."

With a swing of their Alphinite wand, Obedience lobs another burst of magic at Orrel. Orrel deftly evades the shot, but when he next sets eyes on the spot Obedience was standing, the Seeker has disappeared, leaving Justice behind.

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
XP: 94/100
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 04:54:16 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 24, 2021, 05:04:40 pm »

Seeing the culprit duo run away behind their giant turtle Astrea knew she had to help give chase. She's sure that everyone could handle one big monster but with Shin, Astrea has to ability to give chase to their fleeing foes. Though it seems like one of their foes is already down, the swam tactician seems to be in a bit of trouble himself. There's no time to waste!

"Out of the way." Astrea says to the remaining soldier before chucking a spear at him and flying right by.

Astrea flies to N12 & skewers the Soldier, Canto I11
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 04:11:38 pm by Aurorix »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 24, 2021, 05:09:21 pm »

His breathing ragged, Orrel barely managed to duck behind a tree in time to dodge the second blow from the armored enemy. The magic shredded the tree, leaving shards of wood throughout his already battered clothing. Stepping back out from behind the tree, he managed to let out a pained chuckle, wiping the blood from his mouth and cheek, before settling back into position with his fans.

"H-ha. I can do this all day. One of you down, running away even. So what'll it be, Justice? You fight me, maybe even beat me, and then what? Your monster there will fall to my classmates soon enough, I can promise you that. You vs them then? Taking on all of them by yourself? Or maybe you have some more fiends to bring out. Throw them against the innocent villagers, force my companions to choose between saving innocents and fighting you, yeah that seems more like your move. Coward."

He spat the word, and then coughed, followed by a splat of blood on the ground. He was clearly barely holding onto consciousness, but still he held his fans at the ready.

"So come on then. Take out this pup and show your brand of justice to the world. I promise you though, I am my father's son. I stand against the fiends to protect innocents, no matter the odds. And as far as I'm concerned, all your actions here today have shown is that not all fiends are Calamity spawn."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 24, 2021, 08:11:43 pm »

: "Well done, Reeve! Now allow me to finish it off for you."

Mordecai approached the smoldering behemoth as he casually stowed his current tome and picked out a new one instead. His earlier nervousness had vanished; in its place was only a calm sort of fury directed towards these creatures. These monsters that apparently existed only to destroy innocent lives, whether on their own initiative or on someone else's. He was no longer afraid of them.

Which was all well and good, but it didn't mean he could take such things lightly. This giant tortoise Fiend was still a major threat, and Mordecai intended to swiftly and surely put it down for good. There was a special technique that certain dark mages could learn, one that would draw on his body's stamina to fuel greater magical might, which seemed perfect for this situation. He'd be slow and awkward for a time, less able to fight effectively until he could recover, but if his reading of the situation was correct the battle would soon be over anyway.

: "For my people, for my clan, and for my father. Begone."

Mordecai moves to K-12 and hands his Whetstone over to Reeve. He then switches to Toxic, activates Ancient Gamble to maximum power, and obliterates the Adamantoise.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1040 on: March 25, 2021, 12:05:55 pm »

Lin panted with exertion, feeling the uniquely uncomfortable combination of exhaustion and chill that her Arte almost produced. She stepped over the bodies of her foes as if they weren't present beyond the burning in her muscles. Moving up behind Orrel, she fixed Justice with a glare yet undiminished by the physical state she found herself in.

"Bastards. Look at all this. Look at all the people that could be maimed or dead right now. You still want to take the moral high ground? 'Cause if so, I can definitely shorten you until you're level with me."

G13
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 26, 2021, 04:22:49 pm »

Justice, for a moment, seems to briefly consider Orrel's words. The absence of Obedience, it seems, seems to have them less on edge than they were previously.

"In another world, Sokolov, you and I would be good friends. The Order has robbed us both with its lies. No matter what you may believe, I did not come here with the intent to get innocent people hurt. I speak not for the others but my quarrel is with the Order alone. We deserve answers, you and I."

Then Lin speaks, and Justice seems less inclined to back down.

"And you claim to speak for us all? The Seekers are made of those whose feelings have been neglected and ignored by your Order! We are driven to extremes because people like you have ignored us and treated our plight as nothing to be cast aside for the greater good! No longer! We will be heard or we will pronounce our message from the fallen ruins of the Order!"

His sword is set ablaze, burning as hot as the fury in his voice, steam emerging from it as Kaya's rain continues to fall.

"....this isn't right. I understand, but...."

Meanwhile, Astrea subdues the remaining Seeker beneath Justice's command.
Quote from: Astrea vs. Seeker Soldier H
(??'s Charisma activates!)
(Astrea is limbered up! +3 DR)

Astrea initiates!
Hit Rate: 99 to hit
Hit: 58, hit!
Seeker Soldier H takes 9 damage!

Seeker Soldier H is defeated!

In the rain, Mordecai achieves catharsis.

His tribe has been long plagued by both the shadow of the Fiends and the hate of the outside world. His family was torn asunder by the Fiends taking his father. For this reason, the Order was the natural place to go.

On this day, Mordecai Hoth would not stand by.
Quote from: Mordecai
Mordecai trades his Whetstone to Reeve!

Mordecai activates Ancient Gamble!
Mordecai loses 5 SPD and gains 5 MAG!

Quote from: Mordecai vs. Great Adamantoise Fiend
(Mordecai's blood courses with power!)
(Mordecai's Ancient Gamble is active! +5 MAG, -5 SPD)
(Mordecai has the wisdom of the ancients!)
(Mordecai is alchemically boosted! +3 DR)
(Kruger's Concentrate Fire is active!)
(Reeve's Charisma activates!)
(Kaya has called down the rain!)
(Reeve's Support activates!)

Mordecai initiates!
Critical: 7, crit!
Great Adamantoise Fiend takes 185 damage!

Great Adamantoise Fiend is defeated!
Mordecai acquires a Hexlock Shield!

(Mordecai drains lifeforce!)
Mordecai regains 3 HP!
The beast crumbles to dust from the sheer arcane force smashed into it, leaving nothing behind but some bones and a pristine shield, presumably a trophy from some unfortunate warrior it had vanquished.

The rain washes away what is left.

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
XP: 30/100
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 05:28:26 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1042 on: March 26, 2021, 05:04:45 pm »

"People like me? You don't know anything about me. You want to talk to me about your feelings!? The temperature around her flared. "How about you try again when you've literally had pieces of you ripped off by Fiends?" She stomped her artificial leg for emphasis, the metal joints creaking with the force. "What about my plight? While your feelings were getting hurt, these fucking things were eating my parents. You won't even say what the hell your problem is except for some conspiracy that only exists in your damn head for all I know!"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 26, 2021, 05:36:05 pm »

"And how do you suppose MY father died, girl?! In a bed, dying peacefully? Accuse me of hypocrisy and failing to understand when you understand my plight as well as your own!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 26, 2021, 05:48:43 pm »

Mordecai staggered as he leaned over to pick up the shield, nearly falling over. He'd never used the ancient gamble technique before; the shock to his body was greater than he had expected.

: "Urgh. Going to have to be careful with that moving forward..."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 26, 2021, 06:09:56 pm »

"We all have reasons to hate the fiends. To hate the Calamities. Some even to hate the Order. I understand that. What I cannot condone is working alongside the fiends to threaten innocents. Perhaps we are two sides of the same coin, Justice. Perhaps in a different life we would have even been friends. But it seems we are on different sides of a conflict that neither of us can move past."

He coughed again, tasting the blood in his mouth. His whole body hurt, the magic damage and the wounds from before building up, but he couldn't back down.

"If you had grievance with the Order, so be it. I suppose I more than most in this class would understand that. But this wasn't the right choice. If your path to justice involves allying yourself with the devil, any righteousness you might have had is lost. So I say again. Stand down, or face my own justice."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 27, 2021, 09:57:40 am »

Justice processes the situation briefly, considering Orrel's words.
"....perhaps. It is not as easy as you think to leave the Seekers. But....I cannot turn away from my pursuit of justice against the Order. They must be made to answer for their crimes, maybe as much as we will for ours. If we are wrong about our methods, then find the truth your own way. This I trust to you."
"......"
"To ally with the devil was the only way I was ever given to seek justice, because all other ways were closed to me. To leave the service of the devil is no easy feat. Give me a fight, and I shall give you your answers and surrender to you. My code dictates no less."

He raises his sword, more solemnly this time.

"But know that I, Justice of the Seekers of Calamity, will not yield easily."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 10:01:01 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1047 on: March 27, 2021, 01:14:01 pm »

Justice's reply gave Lin pause. She wasn't near as eloquent as either of them, and the words for a proper response simply wouldn't come.

". . . fine. But you'll be walking through hell on the way back."
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 27, 2021, 02:18:14 pm »

Mus'ad goes to H11 and Invigorates Orrel and Astrea.

As the scaled seer comes to a stop next to his more offensive classmates, he pauses to clap a hand on Orrel's shoulder and half hiss into his ear.
"It would do my heart well if you stopped discussing philosophy and focused on what we were sent to do."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 27, 2021, 04:13:26 pm »

Orrel shrugged off Mus'ad's words as easily as the hand that was on his shoulder, pushing forward, away from the man, away from his classmates, towards the enemy. Fans up, green magic starting to swirl around them. A step.

I'm afraid we have bad news for you, son.

Hands gripping the fans, magic building up.

You'll live with your mother now, your father wouldn't have wanted you to be alone.

A step forward, hands preparing to release a wave of magic. And the memory hit.

Him. But smaller. Staring sadly at two ancient fans, all that he had left of his father. He picked them up, gripping them tightly, tears streaming down his face.

"I promise you, Papa. I promise I'll use these to bring justice. To bring peace. I won't let your death be forgotten. The world will be a better place because of you, I promise Papa."

And then he was back in the moment. A fight. He was asked to give a fight. His stance changed. He knew this was foolish. A stupid tactical move. Use his range, fight from a far, that's what his Arte was for. But a fight had been asked for and he wouldn't deny it. Charging forward, he closed the distance between him and Justice. Close. Too close to give Justice a chance to react first. Magic swirling around, he looked up at the man and almost grinned.

"Too bad then. Siding with the devil will be your downfall. Even if not from me, the rest of my class will back me up. Your companions abandoned you. Seems like the Order was the better choice after all."

Orrel to H-15, activate arte, punch Justice in the face
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 113