Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 77884 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 2: Rite of Passage
« Reply #1155 on: April 12, 2021, 08:12:33 pm »

"Mm. Yeah, I can do that." She nodded. "I can actually talk about armor and weapons with people no problem. I'll just grab a notebook and start chasing them down. Is there a list of specific details you want taken down?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 12, 2021, 09:01:06 pm »

Mus'ad
As Mus'ad goes to meditate at the Shrine, he encounters Alicia, who seems to have just finished.
"OhithereMus'ad. Nicetoseeyou. Areyoudoingwellafterthatfight? Itwasprettyexciting, wasn't it?"

Mus'ad takes a few moments to respond, first to prepare himself to deal with the speed of this conversation, then to consider his actual answer. He hadn't put much thought into it on the battle field, plenty of time to discuss philosophy when you and those depending on you weren't in danger. When he got back though, he spent a long time trying to find an answer to why someone would really do that. To him, the given answer of "revenge" was preposterous. They'd already shown their faces which meant that the order would start making their own plans.... If they really wanted revenge why the weak attack, or at least why offer information to them so readily? Thinking about it was... tiring. But that was no reason to be rude, so he forced the smile back onto his face and scratched the back of his head in response to the question.

"Ah, Alicia... I'm doing fine. I'm sure you're aware that I stay out of the line of fire so that can be said of most fights but.... It was a bit too exciting for my tastes. Ended up snapping at someone, and the presence of those...." He pauses as if he wants to use a word but can't. "... people... has caused me a certain amount of vexation since I got back. Ah, but how did things go for you? I was a bit busy so I didn't really watch what was going on with everyone else."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 12, 2021, 10:40:51 pm »

Catt

"The value of something doesn't only rely on its monetary worth or effectiveness. Simply wanting to follow in your family's footsteps has value in it of itself. There may not healing readily available all the time ether." She crosses her arms and her tone gets a bit more firm, "Besides, I will not allow you to view yourself as some sort of grenade and purposefully cause yourself great pain just because its 'the most effective'."

-----

Per

"Well, during our battle an apparent traveler, who happened to be nearby, came in to help us during the fight. After we routed the enemy I went over to thank her when she asked me about Katarina. She just wanted to know her name, though I didn't quite know it at the time."

-----

Market

Astrea peruses their selection of lances before settling and a fine, white-bladed, silver lance in their collection. "Hmmm, yes. I'd like to purchase this please."

Buy a Silver Lance for 700 Thalers

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 12, 2021, 11:33:43 pm »

"I just do enough so the professors think I'm keeping up, unless it really matters."
"Like, I don't care about being the best at fighting. Even if I did, even if I wanted to stand out... it's still different. My Arte doesn't work like theirs. I don't fight the same way."

Delwyn paused for a moment, then just shrugged.

"Maybe the problem's thinking you have to compare yourself to them using the same standards to begin with."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: April 13, 2021, 02:32:39 am »

"... In theory, I can play the violin. I neglected practicing it for quite a while though, so I'm afraid I wouldn't dare to say I'm good with it."

At some point, Kruger decides to work out to be prepared for the upcoming tournament and also to scatter his thoughts a bit.

Spending last AP for Gym, +3 DR.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 13, 2021, 09:08:41 am »

"Truthfully, Kaya's never talked much about her history with Harrigan, at least when I'm around"

"Still, Harrigan being hot blooded? You certainly wouldn't expect that from someone who rarely raises his voice. But... I can get why. Comrades are comrades, and being judged for the company you keep never goes well. I recall how my parents didn't approve of me trying to befriend the common folk during my travels" turning yet another corner, Reeve closed her eyes, trying to reminisce on friends from before she came to the academy. It was a hard time, considering her unique disposition within her family, but she had a few friends outside of the nobility. Unfortunately, the only childhood friend she had now was Astrea. Although, with a friend/rival such as her, it wasn't that bad of a situation.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1161 on: April 13, 2021, 06:15:34 pm »

Mus'ad

Lin's first stop wasn't actually an attempt to locate one of her classmates, but rather an effort to top up after her stint at the forge. Smithing was hard work, particularly when you were directly putting your energy into the steel, and she'd need some snacks to wander around the entire school looking for people. Fortunately (or unfortunately, as it affected her ability to quickly get food) she bumped into Mus'ad fairly quickly. Staves were outside her area of expertise, but she'd told Professor Ramsay that she'd complete this task, and so she could.

"Uh, hey, Mus'ad. Professor Ramsay asked me to go around and ask people about what they might want to see in their ideal weapon. You don't really use one, but he might want to hear about what you want out of a staff. Do you have time to talk for a sec?"

Cattleya

Later, Lin headed to the infirmary. She needed regular checkups, especially given recent events. It happened that another person who had issues with their Art wreaking havoc on their body, and someone who would probably have some very interesting ideas and challenges for a weapon.

"Chatgéant. I need to talk to you about your weapon, how long until the coats here are done poking you?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 14, 2021, 11:59:17 am »

Lin

Mus'ad, who had been thinking about whether it would be wise to grab a second sandwich before he left (They were those delightful ones with shredded chicken, very lovely.) had the idea cemented when Lin interrupted his ruminations. Turning to face her fully he nodded with a smile.
"Ah, Lin! I was just wondering about my current food situation. I trust you're hungry as well, so why don't I grab the both of us something and we can discuss over that; because I happen to have been doing some research on the topic in the past weeks and have some ideas."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 14, 2021, 12:24:01 pm »

Lin
"Excellent. If you can get as much detail with the specifications as possible, we can work on them together. Including any names they may want for it."
Lin has accepted the sidequest 'A Personal Touch.'

Rika
"I was assisting my partner with something on her degree. I'd hate to bore you with the details, but I offered to assist because I happened to be writing a dissertation on a similar subject."

Reeve
Steph's grin grows even wider.
"Oh, she hasn't? You're kidding me. Back when we were kids, she couldn't shut up about him. You know all those stories about childhood friends growing up and marrying each other? It was like seeing the beginning of one of those. They even made a promise to attend Solrise together, 'cept Kaya couldn't afford it."

Delwyn
"....well, it's like....it's just feeling like you should be at everyone else's level. How do you, you know, not feel like that?"

Kruger
"Ah. Well....still, we'll get through it. Just got to, you know? The show must go on."
Quote from: Kruger
Kruger works out at the Gym!
Kruger gains +3 DR towards the next map!

Astrea
"Okay, um....what about you and I come and find Katarina to tell her about this? I....think she'll want to know."
Quote from: Astrea
All purchases were successful!

Mus'ad
"Everythingwentasplanned. Ididn'tpanic, wewereabletosavemultiplepeoplefromacollapsingbuildingandtheFiendsweredefeated. ThebuildingwasnotcausedbyFiends. SomeonedecidedtomakebarbequewhiletheFiendswereattackinganddidn'tevenknowuntilweshowedup. Violationoffirecodes. Bad."

Spoiler: Activity Point Counter (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1164 on: April 14, 2021, 02:37:17 pm »

Lin gave a slight nod.

"Sure." It didn't take her long to pick out a snack; other than sweets, the girl tended to get the same thing every single time she visited the cafeteria. She waited for Mus'ad to pick a seat before plopping herself down opposite him. "So, staves. What do you like in them?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 14, 2021, 04:27:14 pm »

Alicia

Mus'ad chuckles at the mental image before shaking his head.
"Well, I hope you guys got some barbeque for a job well done! And it's good that you stayed calm, it's an important skill to learn no matter what field you go into."
Mus'ad thinks for a moment before sighing to himself with a slight slump of his shoulder.

Lin

Mus'ad takes a careful bit of his sandwich, chewing thoughtfully before swallowing and setting the food down with a nod.
"Hm... Well let's start with the basics. Staves replace wands as an alphinite focus for casting spells, they're very efficient for this because they remove the need for concentrating and visualizing spells. Of course this comes with the down side of them being rather heavy compared to a wand. So first point of focus for improving staves would be lowering the weight. And I'm sure you don't need me to tell you why the size problem makes them less useful in tight spaces.... But of course the relative ease still outweighs the downsides, similar to how crossbows are fairly easy to use compared to traditional bows." Mus'ad takes another polite bite of his sandwich before continuing. "But that's kind of the problem, there's not much room for customization of a staff as the majority of the fine tuning is towards the spell it casts.... That said, I wanted to talk to Professor Ramsay about getting a wand as I've run into a... break through of interest regarding my arte."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 14, 2021, 06:19:33 pm »

Per

"If you think that it'll be for the best then I shall accompany you to inform her." She nods her head in acknowledgement, "Though, is something amiss with Katarina? Has she been acting off since arriving back?"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 14, 2021, 07:33:22 pm »

“Aw, now that’s rather sweet. Not all that surprising, I had my suspicions, but I didn’t want to bother our class representative with questions like that” Reeve replied with a shrug,

“It does seem that Kaya managed to get in despite the money issue. All the better to keep up with her good friend” she added shortly after, walking past yet another corner before stopping, gesturing to her right in a dramatic fashion, her left hand on her hip as she did so,

“And here we are! The training rooms of Solrise Academy!”

… Surprisingly enough, despite not seeming to have any idea where she was going, the location to her right was in fact the training grounds.

Tis late, but Reeve will be using her Tianxian Mudfish for the Dining Hall, giving a +10 to the cooking chance. She'll also spend one AP to go to the Training Grounds on her own time to increase her SPD by one point, and she'll spend another to gain a +10 crit buff from the Alchemic Laboratories.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:30:39 am by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 14, 2021, 08:51:07 pm »

"Other than not comparing myself with them? Maybe a little bit of spite."

Delwyn didn't elaborate.

"Why do you feel like you're not at everyone else's level? Just because of the badass thing?"

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: April 14, 2021, 09:34:38 pm »

Dormrooms

Arnett listened to all that Orrel had to say. He was... overwhelmed by the amount of knowledge that Orrel had to say. His anxious nature wanted to deny that last part— try to push it away, say that he didn't feel like making much progress. Something inside of him told him that he would be lying... at least in the eyes of his father. That was enough to pull him back into reality— seeing that he was in a loving embrace. It didn't take long for him to eventually return the gesture.

"...Th... thanks, Orrel. I... I wish I knew more about what Dad was like. I acted like I wanted to take his side more than Mom's, but I barely even knew him... it... it feels like I've missed so much time with my family. Time that... that I'm never going to get back, or even make up for... I... I just wish he was here."

Greenhouse

"Y-yeah!" That dorky smile returned to Arnett's face as he remembered that he had been working pretty hard on trying to perfect that technique. "I- er- can bring him out right now, if you like! I always keep a paintbrush handy...! Er- I'll probably have to back up from the plants just a bit so I don't get paint on them, but...! It shouldn't be hard!"
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 113