Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 77895 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 2: Rite of Passage
« Reply #1170 on: April 14, 2021, 11:09:52 pm »

Lin squinted at Mus'ad for a moment, analyzing something in his statement, but apparently decided that whatever she thought she heard wasn't worth addressing.

"Mhm." She scratched down a few notes, or what one had to assume were notes; it wasn't even clear what language they were written in. "What breakthrough, and what kind of wand do you need for it?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 15, 2021, 12:07:07 am »

Mus'ad thought about asking what the squinting was about for a moment before similarly dropping the thought in favor to continue with the topic at hand. He takes a bite of his sandwich, closing his eyes to smile smugly before he begins.
"Well, as you may know, I've been doing some personal studies into others with artes like mine. Time manipulation, future sight, even found one that could see the past reportedly. I say reportedly because they disappeared after starting to solve a string of cold cases.... Anyway, as you can imagine, most of the books detailing such things were utterly unhelpful. Very few had a peek into the mechanics of their abilities and those that did weren't very keen on sharing. But just weeks ago I found a book by a writer named Norn who provided some limited insight into such matters. It took some study into the writing of tomes and spells, and more than a few tests before I got things to work, but just recently I found a way to share a vision from myself to someone else, and it even makes it easier for me to view their future after!"
Mus'ad opens his eyes, a wide smile splitting his face.
"Sculpter's hands, do you know how vital this could be if I could expand on the concept!?" The scaled seer only then seems to notice how his volume had risen, pausing and taking a breath. "But you probably don't care much for that kind of thing. Now then, I was planning to ask for a standard Alphinite wand, unlike staves they don't need to be tuned to a specific spell so any would work but... if you want to do me a favor could you carve a dragon with a single open eye on it? Helps identify it and... you know... I think it'd look cool..."
Mus'ad trails off, clearly thinking the idea is rather silly in hindsight.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 15, 2021, 09:31:17 am »

"The show must go on... I agree with that."
"I will not disappoint you. But more importantly, I will look forward to it, Freddie."

After exchanging necessary infos, like club times, and ending the conversation, Kruger takes a leisure walk around the campus.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 15, 2021, 09:37:09 am »

I... need to be alone for a little while. Arnett wondered if his luck would dictate that he would, in fact, be alone if he were to go to the quietest place in the Academy. He had fingers crossed behind his back that he would get that alone time he desired— Everything was quite overwhelming.

Arnett spends 1 AP at the Library, gain a point of RES

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1174 on: April 15, 2021, 01:17:16 pm »

"Mm. You know, it's not like I don't know any theory here." To prove her point, Lin raised one hand, over which a flame sputtered to life. "I might not be some kind of clairvoyant, but I still know some of this." Lin dismissed the fire by clenching her first. "You've gotta have something for me to take back for Ramsay, other than decoration."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC
« Reply #1175 on: April 15, 2021, 05:58:22 pm »

Whereever it was Catt and Astrea were talking, heh
"Even if it puts others at risk? "
"If I didn't use it just because it hurt a bit, and someone in that village had died as a result, that would have been terrible."

Infirmary.
"Yeah, things are about done here. Since I normally get healing right after I use my arte, anyway, it's not like it actually does me much damage."
"Honestly, they fuss too much."
"Anyway. What about my greatsword do you want to talk about? If it's to recommend a smaller blade..."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 15, 2021, 07:24:15 pm »

Lin

Mus'ad sighs slightly, using his sandwich to gesture as he tries to explain.
"I mean, a wand's a wand Lin. I don't need anything fancier than a stick of alphinite to load a spell into and even if I did, how could I put say, "I want a wand that fits into a cane so that I can carry it and have it close at hand without drawing suspicion from others" without making myself sound like a demanding prick?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1177 on: April 15, 2021, 07:54:10 pm »

Cattleya

"Why would I do that?" Lin seemed genuinely confused by Catt's comment. "No, Ramsay has me going around and asking everyone in our class what they'd want to see in a weapon. I'm going to help put together customized weapons for everyone, and we need notes on what you want in one. Size, weighting, special characteristics, et cetera." She paused for a moment. "I actually had an idea for yours, even if I don't know if it would work."

Mus'ad

Lin gave the fortune teller a flat look before writing another set of illegible notes.

"Got it." She stood up without speaking further, taking her snacks with her. Don't have to tell me about concealed weapons in things that help you walk.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 17, 2021, 09:19:36 am »

Mordecai uses his activity points thusly:

The Alchemical Lab, for his normal DR boost.
The Faculty Office, to continue his Personal Study.
The Forge. to work and earn some extra money.
The Training Room, to build his DEF.
And the Library, to improve his RES.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC
« Reply #1179 on: April 18, 2021, 06:50:01 pm »

Infirmary w/ Lin

"Believe me, I have had a lot of variously concerned people sticking their tails in and recommending I choose a more 'appropriately scaled weapon'. Pah!"
"I, er, might have assumed. A little. It's nothing to worry about."
"A custom weapon, though... You say you have ideas?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 18, 2021, 07:05:23 pm »

Rika
"I was assisting my partner with something on her degree. I'd hate to bore you with the details, but I offered to assist because I happened to be writing a dissertation on a similar subject."

"Oh. I'd offer to help but I don't know a whole lot about all this alchemy stuff and that sounds awful important. I reckon you'd need someone who knew what they were doing."

(Probably just missed a sidequest but Rika's a simple farmgirl; this isn't an area she'd be much help in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1181 on: April 19, 2021, 08:05:31 am »

"Yeah. I was thinking that it'd be a greatsword that acted like a 'wand' for your Arte. Basically, right before you blow up, it would take that energy and channel it through the sword instead of your body, so hopefully it'll make it suck less to use." She shrugged. "Don't know if it would work, though, and it might reduce the output overall."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: April 19, 2021, 03:58:31 pm »

Orrel gently ruffled Arnett's hair.

"Me too. You're not alone in that, don't worry. I know I was never really Mom's favorite, that was always you, but... I should have been there more growing up. I acted out instead, and sure some of it was to protect you, but I should have been there in more ways than just that. Besides, there was selfishness in there too. I enjoyed those fights, it let me feel something after... after losing Dad left me numb. But I let that get in the way of looking after you. I hope you can forgive me for that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The source of the yelling was easy to find, but the situation was confusing. Kaede was yelling at someone fleeing over the wall... An intruder? Orrel raced up to her, pulling his fans out as he did.

"What happened? Did someone hurt you? What did they look like, I'll try to go find them."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 19, 2021, 04:38:30 pm »

Rika
"Oh, no, no. I wouldn't ask you to help with that. It is rather advanced stuff; I'm actually supposed to be coordinating with a field team for this project. If you're still willing to help, do you mind running a small errand for me?. Nothing too complex."

Reeve
Indeed, Reeve arrives at the training grounds, much to her shock.

Less to her shock, however, there doesn't seem to be any sign of Steven.
"You know, love, I don't think we're there yet."
However, there appears to be a Kaya quietly training at one of the dummies, launching what appears to be blasts of rock at a dummy.

"Well, I might as well come and say hi to her, too. You coming along?"

Quote from: Reeve
Reeve, Orrel and Rika cook!
Pass chance: 30 to pass
Cooking Roll: 27, pass!

The class gains the Well-Fed buff towards the next map!

Reeve trains at the Training Grounds!
Reeve gains 1 point of SPD!

Reeve brews at the Alchemical Labs!
Reeve gains +10 Crit towards the next map!

Delwyn
"Well....you know my Arte, right? It's....well, how do I put it?"
"Being able to fix things isn't exactly as cool as moving things with your mind. No matter how much Dora tries to convince me it is. Or, well, have you seen the mad stuff Steven can do with his Arte?"

Astrea
"Well...she's quiet. She's already naturally very quiet, but...well....she hasn't said a word since she came back. She seemed almost....angry."
Astrea has accepted the quest 'Memories of Volskaya, Part 1'.

Mus'ad
"What'swrong? CanIhelp? I'mnotsurehowI'dhelpbutI'mhappytohelp."

Orrel
Kaede turns to Orrel very swiftly.
"No, I'm fine. Those were Kuriyama men. One of them tried to sneak in here. I caught him when he tried to climb down the wall, but...."

Mordecai
As Mordecai returns from the faculty office, he runs into Professor Ververs, who flashes him a smile.
"Hello, Mordecai. How are you? You doing okay?"
Quote from: Mordecai
Mordecai brews at the Alchemical Labs!
Mordecai gains +3 DR towards the next map!

Mordecai continues his Personal Study!
Personal Study Progress: 1/3 -> 2/3

Mordecai works at the Forge!
Mordecai earns 100 thalers!
Mordecai also gains Whetstone x1!

Mordecai trains at the Training Rooms!
Mordecai gains a point of DEF!

Mordecai studies at the Library!
Mordecai gains a point of RES!

Arnett
"Oh, no, no! I was just um....I was just really happy you figured out how to use your Arte better. It's always nice to see your friends doing better."
Spoiler: Activity Point Counter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 04:43:33 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 19, 2021, 04:55:07 pm »

@ Faculty Office

Mordecai looked up from the complicated formulae he had been examining.

: "Oh, good day Professor. I'm doing very well, really." Mordecai was never really sure what to make of the history professor. Most teachers rarely spoke to students outside of class unless it involved academic matters or special assignments. From what he'd heard, Ververs was one of the exceptions. "What can I do for you?"

One afternoon...

Dear Mother,

I apologize for the long delay between this letter and the last. Postage out home is quite expensive and even with my earnings I cannot afford to write as often as I would like.

Things are going well at Solrise, much to my relief (and yours as well, I'm sure). I have entered my third and final year of required study, and seem to finally be earning my place here. The students and faculty are polite, even friendly, both in class and out. As I mentioned before, I have made no secret of my nature, and so therefore I have to assume that they have begun to accept me as I am.

I believe that I have begun making some friends. It is hard sometimes, to leave my books and go socialize, but I know that you would not be happy if I went off to a strange land and locked myself away the entire time. One person in particular has declared me her "rival". She is a mage like myself, and almost certainly my equal in the magical arts, but she is far, far more rambunctious than pretty much any other person at the Academy. If you ever manage to make a trip out here, I believe you will get on with her like a house on fire.

Studies are going well. We have begun simulated combat training on top of our more academic subjects, mock-battling other classes (I am in class 3-F) as well as strange fake Fiends. It is really quite astonishing to see the wonders the faculty here can put together! So far we have done consistently well and my grades have been more than satisfactory. I am positive that the Elders will be pleased to learn that our efforts have not been in vain.

Please give my regards to the rest of the clan. If you are able to send a return letter I would love to hear news of the village, as I find myself missing it some days. If not, I will of course understand given the scarcity of courier services in our territory. With luck I will be able to return and see you in person within a couple of years.

Love,
Mordecai

The vampire looked over his letter and nodded to himself. No mention of the most recent battle, naturally; his mother would not be at all happy to hear that students were ordered into combat against real live Fiends, especially when the situation had gone so far sideways. Hopefully his village was remote enough that she wouldn't hear rumors of the event.

Well, if she did he would deal with the consequences later. Much later, most likely; in his years at Solrise he had received a grand total of three letters from home, and judging by the dates on each one they had taken weeks to arrive. Unless Mother herself managed to show up here in Barminster, chances were good that any stories she might eventually hear of the battle would be so vague that there would be no mention of certain vampires taking part at all.

Sealing the letter inside an envelope, Mordecai stood from his desk and left the small closet that was his dorm room, making for the front gates. He'd swing by the post office on his way to his weekly visit to the butcher, then return before curfew. Hopefully he'd find someone to walk with along the way; he always felt safer leaving the grounds in a group.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 113