Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 77525 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2020, 10:09:11 pm »

"I don't think cups would bring me much joy. Is there a 'eight of quality metal ingots' card?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2020, 10:14:06 pm »

Mus'ad gives Kruger a look, but elects not to say anything has he takes back the cards. Stopping to answer Kaya he nods.
"Something like that. Generally it's more along the lines of familiarity, happy memories... I'd probably interpret it as a happy reunion or something good from your past being involved.... If you don't like cups, I imagine you'd be fond of the suit of Swords. Anyway, your turn Morde."
Mus'ad shuffles the cards back into the deck quickly, before pulling one out and rolling it across his fingers and handing it, The World in this case, to the vampire.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2020, 07:22:29 pm »

Arnett was quietly watching the tarot cards being shown. Admittedly, he was a little bit curious, but not only did he find himself unable to formulate the words to ask for a turn when everyone else was enjoying themselves but he also wasn't sure how much he believed in that kind of thing.

Then again, who was he to judge? He was the one who could create giant sentient bodyguards made only out of paint and a little bit of magic— perhaps there was some merit to the cards after all. But Arnett still kept quiet— perhaps another time he would ask. He wasn't sure how long until the test would start and he didn't want to chance it starting in the middle of a reading and maybe provoking some bad mojo.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2020, 07:28:26 pm »

Rika noticed Arnett watching the shenanigans with interest.

"Did you want one too? There's no harm in asking if you did. I can ask for ya if you want."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2020, 07:31:43 pm »

Arnett came out of his thought bubble, not having even realized he had been staring quite intently. He hurriedly shook his head with a little laugh.

"U-Uh, no, I'm good! I was just really watching— maybe it's probably best I don't know what's in store for the future if it's true, r-right?" Arnett's attempts at shaking away his uncertainty wasn't quite as strong as he had hoped— he was mostly uncertain of if he could go on with even attempting getting out of his room this year if he became known as the actual little kid of the group.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2020, 07:38:55 pm »

: "'The World'? It's supposed to have something to do with new beginnings, isn't it? I am not very familiar with how this method of divination works."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2020, 07:44:25 pm »

"Why not live a little have some fun?" Vicky responded to the commotion, she happened to still be directly in earshot, and wasn't particularly good at minding her own business. "The future is nothing to be feared! Fate, fortune, it's what ya make of it no?" The small demoness hadn't actually been paying attention for awhile, she'd been going through the lyrics and rhythms of each and every song once more in her head. She was merely going with the flow of the situation, figuring it out as she went, typical Vicky fashion in truth.

"Oh, and once you do one for Arnett, do one for me as well! I'll forge my own path, it's just how The Metal Devil Queen is. Buuut, everyone else is having so much fun."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2020, 09:48:42 pm »

Mus'ad taps his cheek as he mulls over the vampire's question. Finally he shakes his head.

"Not... quite. You're thinking of The Fool most likely. The world tends to represent... completion, achievement. A goal coming to fruition, it you will. It also shows that you have a certain... need to give back to your community. Maybe it's related?"
Mus'ad shrugs before turning to Arnett, looking him over for a moment before reclaiming his cards, shuffling the deck, and then putting them up to his ears as if he's listening to them. He pulls the cards away with a raised eyebrow before giving them a single flick up, raising a card out which he looks at before frowning and sliding back into the deck. Then he turns back towards Arnett with a gentle smile.

"On second thought, perhaps it'd be better for you if we had a longer session. No offense, but I get the feeling whatever I say would stress you out more."
Mus'ad continues smiling at Arnett as he flicks his hand down to draw a card, before tossing it with rather practiced accuracy at Vicky's chest, revealing to her The Magician.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2020, 09:55:29 pm »

Arnett began to look a tad overwhelmed now that Vicky joined in— and then she confirmed his fear by basically confirming a drawing for him. Arnett folded his hands behind his back and looked down at the ground, almost a bit ashamed that he had to rely on others to do his social interactions for him. Maybe another day...

At the very least, Arnett decided to wait and see what Mus'ad had in store for him, looking back up at him. He watched the card, and then... was subsequently disappointed.

"I... I see."

That was all Arnett really could say before he quietly turned his attention back to the test preparations. Now his mind was waging a battle— tarot cards are a load of bologna, now he was definitely going to fail miserably during this test and screw it up for everyone— why couldn't he just watch anything else? Was it karma for not being able to speak up? Was that it?...

At least it reaffirmed yet another thing in Arnett's head— he hated fortune telling.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2020, 10:49:14 pm »

"Don't mind Vicky, Arnett. She does that to everyone." Lin's statement was matter-of-fact; it wasn't clear if it was intended to be a comfort to Arnett or a poke at her improbable friend. As usual, her followup clarified little by dint of not happening at all; the belgor barely even looked up as she spoke.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2020, 01:57:24 am »

Kruger rolls his eyes for a moment as he observes the interaction between Mus'ad and Arnett.

"Sokolov, I can sense your inner turmoil. It is a simple test, there is nothing to fear about it and you will do well enough."
"You can rest assured that, should we ever be deployed in a real battle where death is a possibility, I will make arrangements to put you into the reserves so your brother doesn't have to lower his capabilities by constantly being worried about you."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2020, 02:05:05 am »

Lin's statement was... a little more reassuring— at least he wasn't singled out, right? It was difficult enough getting out of his room, but to be singled out would just be... pretty bad. At least it was normal. That's what he wanted— normal, alongside everyone else where he was a part of the group...

"I... guess that'd... be for the best..."

Arnett suddenly found himself really wishing he could have just asked to do a makeup exam or something. In his room.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2020, 05:31:42 am »

A blast of lightning, followed by the deep rumble of thunder, silences everything else at the village.

Suddenly, a sharp, loud blast of a whistle cuts through the noise, and the class is keenly aware that there is now silence at the mock village. Professor Ramsay's voice can be heard at the village. Despite his voice being faint, you can tell he's giving them their grade for the test. Judging from the subsequent loud yelps (presumably Per), it sounds like they passed with flying colors and then some. A few minutes later, you see Class 3-A walking up the winding path to the test village, Steven at the head leading with his walking stick.

"Well done, my comrades. That battle was heated, but we did well. It brought palpitations to my heart."
"Don't sweat it, Steven. Never had a doubt you'd get us through for a second!"
"As expected, the power of darkness overwhelming triumphs once more over even those simulacra of Fiends. Though Per's thunderbolts pierced even their shroud of shadows."
"Hey, don't thank me! Thank Kat here. She set me up for the win."
"....right."

The gaggle at the front is suddenly interrupted, as one of the group storms forward.
"I think we're forgetting my contribution? A Faulkner never fails to amaze."
Tobias visibly rolls his eyes, but Steven simply nods.
"You did well, Moira, but do not forget the contributions of others."
"My brilliance always proves to shine out, as always."

She spies Kruger, a haughty expression on her face, as she looks between him and Arnett, before back to him.
"I see Wallhaim has, as per usual, shown his great charisma and excellent talent for leadership."
"Like you have, sure."

"Hey, Steven! I'm guessing you guys passed, right?"
Kaya, it seems, is very happy to see her friend. The slightest hint of a smile crosses Steven's face.
"Kaya. Yes, we passed. As I am sure you will. I assume your group is ready?"
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 05:33:21 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2020, 05:44:14 am »

Kruger responds to Moira like a true politician would.

"..."
"..."
"..."

He then faces the class as a whole, primarily towards Steven.

"Felicitations on passing the test, class of 3-A. I cannot speak for everybody, but personally, I am ready to participate together with the rest of our class."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2020, 07:45:49 am »

"Of course I'm ready!"
"There's no reason to be nervous at all!"
Slightly more hesitantly, she quietly repeated to herself.
"N-no reason at all..."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 113