Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 77809 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 1: A Friendly Wager
« Reply #690 on: November 27, 2020, 09:48:33 pm »

"Sure, we can scoop him up on the way!"

After making sure everything was set to cook for the right time and temperature, she followed Arnett out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 27, 2020, 10:16:40 pm »

"Ok, so hear me out, Wallhaim. So, Sloane here thinks that our Prez and Vice Prez have a thing for each other because they bicker like a married couple."
"You forgot the part where I'm right."
"Shut up."
"Anyway, his theory is that Himiko and Joel have a thing for each other, and as they're STILL bickering despite Polyion trying MY approach, Jack wants to try his. He's got two tickets to that new Humbert Bogard film Casarbayda and he wants to gift it to them."
"Look, a good film brings couples together, Kaede. It's a national pastime. My theory is that they'll at LEAST get a little closer watching that romance. And besides, Humbert Bogard's at his top form. It's going to be a classic seventy years by now, I bet."
"Tell him he's crazy, please, so we can put this debate to rest."

"I'd do it for any friend of mine. Um....."
Kaya pokes over at the desk, before watching Lin limp across.
"Do you want me to get your leg for you, or....? I'm sorry if I'm prying, I'm just....you know?"
Truly, Cayetana Morgan had a way with words.

Kaya immediately turns to look over at Astrea. She looks....puzzled.
"Is there any reason you're sneaking around? It's a public lake, y'know. You're not doing something illegal."

"Oh, don't worry about it! Besides, I could use whatever I find out helping you for my dissertation."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #692 on: November 27, 2020, 10:43:53 pm »

"Yeah, that would help." Relief managed to outweigh embarrassment in her tone. The belgor stopped in place almost immediately. "I can get it on myself, don't worry. Doesn't really matter which one you grab, all of them will get me to the infirmary." She  looked down. "I really messed up, didn't I?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 28, 2020, 02:38:01 am »

"O-oh sorry! I was trying not to be a bother but it seems like I failed in that manor..." Her cheeks turned a shade pinker before inching a bit closer in embarrassment, "I uh... Well, I was just curious as to what you were doing with those paper boats is all. Is it some special tradition that I'm not aware about or is it just something you do for fun?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 28, 2020, 05:13:43 am »

"Hmmm..."
"Well, being part of the Student Council can be hard work, as the treasurer among us can certainly confirm, especially with Kuriyama and Harvey being the sort of people who are utterly driven to have an outstanding, flawless performance. They remind me of who I was before I entered Solrise, really... Maybe they are bickering because they cannot agree on how to deal with certain matters of the council, or maybe the accumulated stress of all these responsibilities have started to peak at this crucial year of ours."
"In any case, Sloane, can you confirm that the president and vice-president are the kind of people who love to go to movie theatres in the first place? Especially for romantic movies? If they don't share a common interest, your investment would risk to be a waste."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 28, 2020, 06:55:51 am »

"Yeah. Himiko's a big film girl, and Joel....well, truthfully, he doesn't go see them much, but not because he hates them. He's not exactly wealthy, so we're usually spotting him the cash, me and Kaede, and he's usually pretty shy about asking. Honestly, we wouldn't mind.  And trust me, if you SAW these two bickering, you'd agree that it wasn't stress. These two practically LIVE for difficulty."
"That's not how that works!"
"Remind me, Kaede, WHO did Reeve find, straddling each other, trying to claim to her face that it was "official union business"? Or was our resident Grand Mage lying about that?"

Kaya grabs the aloe gel first and pockets it, before grabbing the first leg in reach, handing it over to Lin.
"How do you mean, Lin?"

"Just a thing I do for fun. You must be the new transfer everyone downstairs was talking about."
Kaya elects not to mention what she found out happened between her and Lin. That wasn't something she should intervene with. At least for the moment.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 09:40:34 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 28, 2020, 08:15:45 am »

"Straddling each other... ..."
"How... does that even look like? That would be like a human pretzel. Can't be comfortable, nor a position of romantic affection... ..."
"In any case... It's not like the love life of other people is my business in the first place, but if I would be curious about them, I'd ask both of them individually if there is a relationship, or interest. Simple as that. If there is, then you can continue your sideline courtshipping. And if there is none..."
"... Ah, well, you can still enjoy the movie with someone else yourself then, Sloane. Have fun."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #697 on: November 28, 2020, 11:01:35 am »

"I yelled and threw things at my roommate the first time I met her and then almost set the room on fire because I couldn't control myself." She sat down on the edge of the bed and carefully moved the leg into place. Lin held her breath for a moment to keep steady for the initial stage of strapping the thing on properly, letting out the occasional hiss when she was forced to use her burnt fingertips. "It's not really an ideal quality in a knight."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 28, 2020, 01:38:05 pm »

"Yeah, about that....do you mind doing me a favour and asking them for us? We would, but Professor Greyhame's actually roped us in to do some marking work for the first years. He's off doing a course on first aid so he can renew his certifications, and we've gotta do some of that marking pretty soon, so we were wondering if you or someone else could talk to them for us. Take the tickets with you while you're at it, see if they want them."
"Then when you find out I'm right, come find us and we'll make it worth your while."

Kaya frowns, passing over the gel.
"Here, use that first."
"....well, I wouldn't say that's a great first impression, honestly. But....just apologise and make it clear what you expect. It's best you get what you expect out of each other as roommates out of the way before you spend the rest of the year, right? She couldn't have known about your stuff, but as long as you two know where you stand, you should be fine, right?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 28, 2020, 02:19:59 pm »

"... If that is so important to you two... I'll see what I can do."

Kruger isn't really interested in finding out the truth, but it would mean that their arguing would hopefully get reduced to more bearable levels.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: November 28, 2020, 02:42:37 pm »

@ Reeve

: "That's the spirit. Keep this up and you'll be running miles in no time." Mordecai was starting to feel winded himself by this time, though in his case it was the combination of jogging and talking at the same time. He wasn't so used to the latter yet, but it was a change in routine he appreciated.

@ Chuuni Girl
After watching the strange girl leave, Mordecai shook his head in disbelief and headed upstairs. Upon finding the clubrooms, he began going from door to door. At each one he checked inside (knocking first if the door was closed), looking to see if anyone seemed to be preparing and/or drinking tea.

@ Mus'ad

: "Well, I suppose that's true. It seems like your mid-battle predictions are pretty accurate. You're not really supporting your 'secret' on the other hand; what I'm getting is that diviners who make specific predictions can be either fake or genuine and there isn't much of a way to tell the difference."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 28, 2020, 02:44:12 pm »

"Word spreads that fast around here? I don't know whether I should be excited or scared..." Especailly after that little scene back in her new dorm room. I hope her roommate is doing fine, she was getting real worked up when she left. "Y-yes I am the new transfer into the 3rd year. I am Astrea, pleased to meet you." She followed her greeting up with a very slight bow before continuing, "Would it also be safe to assume you're a third year? If I may ask, what do you find so enjoyable about floating paper boats? Do you just like watching them bob? Wouldn't the paper go bad after one use?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 28, 2020, 02:54:09 pm »

After one accidental poke into the room of what appeared to be the Easy Listening Club with a group of first-years munching on cake and drinking tea, Mordecai finally seems to find the room he's looking for.

It looks like....literally any other clubroom, with drawers to the side, chairs and tables arranged in a row and a blackboard on the other side of the room. The place doesn't appear to have been used for a while. The only thing making it appear any different than any other clubroom are the really ornate pieces of pottery within; a clay pot, painted white and blue, resembling the works of Tianchao in the east, with the lid open to reveal tea leaves within, and an electric kettle plugged into the wall sitting atop a table.

Isabella from Class 3-C seems to be sitting on her own, calmly enjoying a cup of tea on one of the tables.
"My, my, someone actually answered my request? And I thought I would have to enjoy my tea in private. Mordecai, was it? Please, come in. I'll brew you a cup."

"Kaya Morgan, Class 3-F. I'm your new classmate. And about the boats, eh....reminds me of simpler times, is all. The paper get ruined, true, but....well, we're not exactly short on paper, and I had some spare, so I figured I might as well."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 28, 2020, 02:57:50 pm »

Astrea

"That I was! Though my time spent at the stables was initially meant to help around and grace the creatures within my wonderous presence, I came to the realization that a mage of my caliber would need an equally graceful steed. Thus, I have spent a great deal of time learning how to properly ride a horse, all while I search for the one that will accompany me to greatness" with that, Reeve goes straight back into her normal attitude, seemingly forgetting about the past trauma she had accidentally brought up.

"But I would not mind taking a bit of your advice. You are a master of your field, seeing as how you can keep Shin under control."

"Some of the time."

---------------------------------------------------

Mordecai

Surprisingly enough, Reeve doesn't give her partner a response. Instead, she just keeps running, putting in more and more effort as she gradually sped up, eventually going from a jog into a full on sprint.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #704 on: November 28, 2020, 03:18:28 pm »

Lin nodded, popping the cover on the container and liberally applying the gel. It still stung for a moment, of course, but the relief began to set in almost immediately afterward.
"Yeah. I'll have to talk to her. Probably shouldn't have expected her to deal with my crap like Vicky did." The blacksmith was silent for a moment before giving a slight shake of her head. "Guess I'm a little more on edge than usual."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 113