Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 77838 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 1: A Friendly Wager
« Reply #735 on: December 03, 2020, 05:06:53 pm »

"..."
So that's what they meant with "straddling".

Kruger waits for a few seconds of uncomfortable silence before coughing.

"... Won't you welcome us into the office?"

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 03, 2020, 05:27:18 pm »

Greenhouse

Likewise, Arnett gave a smile back to Annika and got back to work.

Dining Hall

Arnett was able to calm down, take a deep breath once Rika put a hand on his shoulder— it had that natural effect of calming on him. With his nerves more steeled, he was able to give an actual response to Kruger.

"It's fine with me! As long as I can help..."

However, once they had gotten to the council door, he had a few more objections. He was about to say 'oh look, no one's home, time to turn back' and go back to his room despite his willingness to help until Kruger tried the door. A bit of alarm struck Arnett in response.

"A-Are you sure that's-"

Nope. Too late. It was already open. Well, it didn't seem like anyone was in, so Arnett decided to peek in—

"E-eep!"

A small peep came out of Arnett at the sight of public affection, and he almost immediately turned his face away and covered his eyes as if that would be convincing enough that he didn't see anything.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 03, 2020, 06:54:26 pm »

[Trainning Room]

For the few moments the match went on, the angelic knight's mind raced. Thinking back to the battle tactics she's read, what steps she should take further on in the battle, before Astrea knew it she was flung to the ground without so much as reacting in time. What a fool she's made of herself, even after all her talk.

"Heh heh... a tactic is only good if you can follow up on it..." She put up a fake smile but one could tell she was quite angry with herself.

---------------------------------------------
[Lake]

"Yea, even in the library its hard to find a quite place just to relax. I kinda wanna share this with other people but then I also don't since then this place will then get crowed. Is that a bit too selfish?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 03, 2020, 07:07:14 pm »

"Hmm? Oh, ha, no, though I can see how you would think it. No, we've both got the same parents. Just... We didn't exactly grow up in a happy family. My mom left not long after Arnett was born. She left us with our father and returned home. To York. Our father did his best but...

Well he's the reason I'm here to be a knight. My fans are his actually. Well... His and his fathers and his fathers fathers, and so on and so forth back to the founding of the order. Always the oldest son. Always a knight. And always... always being heroic. Even at the cost of their own lives. It was the tragedy at Volskaya. He fought when no one else would. Even though he knew it meant Arnett and I would never see him again. He just left me his fans and then was gone. So then mother was stuck with two children she barely wanted. But now we're both grown up and she can have her life back."

The bitterness in Orrel's voice was now clear. His resentment and frustration and grief were exposed and he wasn't holding it back anymore.

"I'm sorry, Orrel. You and your brother had it pretty rough; I can't imagine losing your pa or having family that don't love you like they ought."

Rika would have offered a hug but circumstances weren't the best for that.

"He sounds like a brave man. Y'all wanna talk about him?"

lewd himiko x joel

"Oh, y'all are... should we come back later then? Because the rest of the student council wanted to offer you two these movie tickets so y'all could have a proper date and start officially going out but I guess you're already a few steps past that."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 04, 2020, 01:31:27 pm »

"I-it's not what you think!"
"....Himiko, let it go, they saw us."
"T-they didn't-"
"Himiko."

No nurse seems to be in sight at the moment, although shuffling can be seen behind curtains surrounding some of the beds. Instead, Olivia wheels up to Lin and Kaya.
"Good afternoon, Misses Weylan and Morgan. How can I help you today?"

Kaya looks thoughtfully for a few seconds.
"I wouldn't say so, no. But this place does kinda get busy from time to time. Especially around winter when the lake freezes over and people use it to skate."

Theodora purses her lips.
"If you see the opportunity to act, act. You won't get far by overthinking."

She looks around at the defeated trio.
"If we are done here, I would like to go spar with Andreas now. I'd not like to keep him waiting. I did promise. Is there anything else?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 04, 2020, 01:44:21 pm »

"Oh, there ain't nothing wrong with dating! You don't have to be tiptoeing around like a longtailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs."

"You ought to be honest though, so no one misunderstands anything going on here. And maybe put a 'do not disturb' sign on the doorknob so y'all don't get interrupted again."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 04, 2020, 01:45:32 pm »

"So you two are a pair. That is all I wanted to confirm. Congratulations, and may your love carry you to the highest of mountains."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 04, 2020, 01:52:14 pm »

"Well, that's the thing, we weren't one at first."
"We did have our disagreements."
"But, then Reeve came around and talked to us, so we figured there was something up."
"One thing led to another and....here we are."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 04, 2020, 02:46:23 pm »

Kruger nods.

"And now you earned yourselves two tickets for Casarbayda, featuring... Humbert Bogard, right, that was the name. No ties attached, have fun."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #744 on: December 04, 2020, 03:33:20 pm »

"I overdid it with my arte again. Burned my fingers, and don't know if there's anything internal." She let out a small sigh. At least Olivia wasn't liable to pity her.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 05, 2020, 03:50:11 pm »

Arnett had finally gone back to actually looking at the two now that they weren't... being considerably intimate with each other. He didn't say anything, however— he knew very little about romance and if Kruger's idea of a successful mission was tickets to something by someone then Arnett wasn't going to get in the way.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 05, 2020, 05:36:01 pm »

"Hah! Told you it'd work, Himiko."

Olivia's hose grabs a nearby chair and pulls it over to Lin.
"Please have a seat, Miss Weylan. Professor Ramsay has installed a detector in my optical sensor that allows me to detect the presence of internal injury. It is quite rudimentary, I'm afraid, but it should allow me to tailor the potency of the Alphinite healing spray I will need to administer."
"...seriously? This is out of some kind of....one of those pulp novels."
"I assure you, Miss Morgan, my capabilities are quite normal. They were based on actual spells utilised by doctors. Your friend is in good hands. I hope."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 05, 2020, 07:52:31 pm »

"... 'Told you it'd work'...?"

Kruger pulls away the hand he was offering the tickets with, straightening his back and head and starting to adopt a more... formal and serious posture.

"Now, maybe I misunderstood these words. Maybe they were innocuous. Lighthearted. But that is the problem, isn't it? That I had to say 'maybe'. Because 'maybe' means there is the possibility of it being different. That I precisely understood these words. That they were of a deeper, and darker, meaning. The meaning of deception."

He now grabs the tickets with both hands, as if to threaten to rip the tickets apart.

"You may think that I would sympathize with deceiving people to get a net advantage. After all, I am the son of a politician, and it should be no secret I aspire to become one, too. I should expect deception, and not be fazed by it. That's how it works in politics, doesn't it?"
"But that is where you would be wrong. I despise lies, and I especially despise lies told for selfish reasons. Even if it hurts me, I will not willingly lie and not willingly tolerate lies. That is my creed, and nothing in this world can convince me to betray it."

He tugged a bit on the tickets.

"Now, with that in mind... I still may have misunderstood you. Since the vice-president adressed you so nonchalantly, you surely will be able to explain what he meant by that. What exactly 'worked', Kuriyama?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 05, 2020, 08:03:14 pm »

Joel just raises an eyebrow.
"You realise that if you tear those apart, Jack's the one who's going to be pissed with you, right? Anyway, Himiko and I had a bet running that Jack and Kaede would continue trying to interfere in our relationship, you see."
"You see, the four of us have been friends since we got elected to the Union in first year, but we think the two of them are a little too....nosy sometimes. Not that we're always worried about it, but...."
"And after they decided to get Reeve involved, well, while we're thankful for the wake-up call, we wanted to get back at them for it. You know, because the two of them think they're such relationship experts."
"So we had a bet that if we kept arguing, Jack and Kaede would send ANOTHER person to do their dirty work again because it worked last time. Then we'd take the tickets, come clean after and pay Jack back for them."
"No harm, no foul."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 08:06:43 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 06, 2020, 04:38:52 am »

"... Ah."

Kruger then hands over the tickets a second time.

"You should have said so from the beginning, I completely understand that. In fact, I just agreed to do this so they would get less noisy in the dining hall."
"But please do come clean afterwards. Imagine them sending half the academy after you over the course of this year..."
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 113