Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 77799 times)

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 1: A Friendly Wager
« Reply #825 on: January 23, 2021, 01:20:47 am »

Kaya nods at Astrea.
"Yeah, that's what I mean."

"I've always wondered how it would feel to slide on ice after I saw other students having fun... T-though, I'm also fearful I'll make a fool of myself trying to keep balance."

"If it helps, it makes me feel better watching other people get their tail kicked as well."

Astrea doesn't comment further, only going deeper into a salty pout. Granted, it did give her solace that she wasn't the only one to fall flat on her face today at least.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 23, 2021, 06:53:03 am »

The paper appears to be some official communique with the Kuriyama logo, a pickaxe and an Alphinite crystal crossed in front of the wheel. As the communique is written in the Yamajiman script, however, Rika is unable to read it.

Isabeau looks over the party, then looks around the city.
"Now hark, where is the city guard? We must ensure those evildoers are subject to the law of the land."

Of course, to anyone not living several centuries ago, the city guard of Barminster has long been replaced by a proper police force, dvidied into several districts. While a city guard is technically retained, they effectively comprise a ceremonial guard at the royal palace, acting as a tourist attraction more than an out-and-out law enforcement group. However, the Guards of the Palace, as they are officially dubbed, are often drawn from Elerian Order Knights and military personnel, leaving a rude awakening for those who mistake them for merely overly-armed dancers.

Lin
"Oooooooh, who is it? Or would you rather keep that to your chest, hm? I don't mind either way, I'm just curious."

Astrea
"Just go for it. It's not like we're trained athletes like those professionals at the Miletan Games, right?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #827 on: January 23, 2021, 09:35:14 am »

"It's. . . ugh. I should just forget about it, honestly, saying will just make it weird. She's probably taken or something already and picking me over someone else is. . ." Lin heaved another sigh before taking a nibble of one of her rolls. "Sorry. I'm fine."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 23, 2021, 11:46:18 am »

"D... Don't you mean the police?" Arnett most likely might as well have not spoken at all, because his sheepishness and fatigue was making him difficult to hear even if he was trying to speak to Isabeau.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 23, 2021, 12:06:14 pm »

"Iwouldfirstexplainthebasicsoffiredoorsandfireexits. ThenIwouldexplainhowtouseafireextinguisher. Iwouldalsohandoutdiagramsofthefireplansandaskpeopletomemorisethem."
Mus'ad nods.
"Then you just have to do that but in front of a bunch of people. It sounds scary, but it's easy as just repeating what you've practiced."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 23, 2021, 12:43:47 pm »

Isabeau drops her haughty tone for a moment.
"....police?"
The Matagot speaks up.
"Forgive my lady's confusion. This kingdom's customs are somewhat beyond her knowledge. The police are their city guards, my lady."
"...y-yes, let us report it to them!"
There seems to be more than a slight undertone of embarrassment to Isabeau's voice even as she attempts to regain her imperious tone.

Alicia just looks dumbfoundedly at Mus'ad.
"Isitreallythatsimple?"

"Now I'm even more curious. Is it Dora? You know, she's pretty hot, but I hear people don't really try to ask her out. Asking out a minor celebrity's kinda intimidating. Though I have heard through the grapevines that she hangs out with Andreas a lot.... Maybe Alicia? She's real cute like a button. Though she does kinda talk way quick. Oooh, is it Idunn?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #831 on: January 23, 2021, 01:00:28 pm »

Lin pulled her hood further over her face, covering it and perilously stretching the fabric around her horns.
"You got it right in one, okay?" To prevent further self-mortification, she stuffed the remainder of her current cinnamon roll into her face, which did little for how awkward she felt. The delay let her work up enough nerve to continue after she swallowed. "How am I supposed to. . ." Lin flapped her hands at the empty air ahead of her, unable to quite pull down all the words she needed.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 01:27:46 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 23, 2021, 01:42:01 pm »

Mus'ad rests his head on his fist, a finger extended to tap on his chin as he seems to think for a moment before shaking his head.
"If you have experience it would be that simple, but you're not used to it right? So of course it'll be intimidating and scary, which always complicates things. The worst part will be before it starts, you'll feel nervous and regret ever agreeing to give this talk... But after you start you'll think "Oh, this isn't that bad actually." and after that you stop overthinking and can fall back into your practice. It's kind of like fighting in that regard."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 23, 2021, 02:38:02 pm »

"T-that's easy for you to say! I don't want to be know as the girl who spent three hours face planting on the ice sheet. They'll probably come up with some asinine name for me too!" She shutters just thinking about it.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 23, 2021, 03:33:54 pm »

"Y-yeah, we'll go do that!" Arnett tried to pipe his voice up, now feeling a little bit guilty that he probably embarrassed the poor girl. Then again, it really was kind of weird that she was calling the police a city guard... but who was he to criticize? He envied Isabeau's personality and ability to speak her mind without being constantly nervous.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 23, 2021, 03:38:12 pm »

"I think if Kruger hollers enough the police'll come to us. Ain't no need to go running around looking."

She looked at her classmate.

"You mind obliging us?"

"Anyway, what brings you out here miss Archambault?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 23, 2021, 07:05:20 pm »

Lin
"Dora? ....don't worry, you're not alone reacting like that. I've seen plenty of students on the general course really crapping themselves at the thought of talking to her. Really, don't worry about it."

Astrea
Kaya lifts an eyebrow.
"Where do you think we are, high school? People might laugh a little, but they'll forget about it. We're all adults here. Mostly."

"Ineverthoughtaboutitlikethat. Isupposeitwouldbeliketryingtofightforthefirsttime. Orputoutyourfirstfire....."
Alicia nods slowly, then just as suddenly, she hugs Mus'ad. Given Alicia's short stature, she's essentially hugging Mus'ad's waist.
"Thankyousomuchforyourhelp! Idon'thaveverymuchIcangiveyouasarewardsoI'lljustgiveyouwhatIcan."
The sidequest 'Fire Safety' has been completed.
Mus'ad receives a Jupiter Bar and 1500 rhea!

"We were alerted to the potential dangers of an evildoer in the area. Despite our difficulties with handling those metal beasts, we were able to arrive to provide aid."
"My lady means that she was somewhat...unfamiliar with how....what do you call it, a 'bus fare' works."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 23, 2021, 07:23:58 pm »

Mus'ad gives a small "oof", more from the surprise of getting hugged than any real force, but after a moment he chuckles and pats the helmet of the small woman.
"Ah, helping out is it's own reward, but either way you're quite welcome. Feel free to ask if you ever need more help... Or if you just want to talk."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #838 on: January 23, 2021, 07:43:54 pm »

"I dunno. I can barely talk to people normally." She took another bite, this one somewhat less forceful. "You think she'd want to hang out if I beat her in a sparring match?" Her voice rose hopefully, only for her to immediately drop her head to the table.
"That's stupid, forget I said that."
GM of Trespassers V2.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 23, 2021, 08:15:46 pm »

"Oh! Do you need money for fare still? I'm sure we could pitch in..."

...Arnett's voice trailed off as he remembered he wanted to do something when he got back to the academy. It would be good for weight training and hopefully helping him to ward off the fatigue of using his Arte... plus aid him in defense.

Arnett buys a Steel Shield sometime in the future
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 113