Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 77817 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 2: Rite of Passage
« Reply #975 on: February 23, 2021, 04:08:37 pm »

"Guess you should have realized that if you're working with people who use Fiends for their purposes, you can't trust what they tell you."

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: February 23, 2021, 04:20:57 pm »

At this point, the pegasus rider was hovering over ground level, Shin flapping his wings to keep afloat. Astrea could relate on some level to this man. It's not like she herself wanted to seek justice for those affected by her family' cruelty. However, she won't just sit back and let these men cause more chaos in this land.

"There is no justice to be found when you scare away family's from their homes and rely on these beasts to do your dirty work. If you can truly control them, let those villagers run off freely. Otherwise you're nothing more than children playing with fire."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 04:24:01 pm by Aurorix »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: February 23, 2021, 04:27:00 pm »

The moment Kruger heard the screaming, he moves straight towards it, even if he would move straight towards Justice that way while turning his head slightly towards his classmates.

"Stop talking and start marching, comrades. We have no time to waste! We'll deal with you later, Fiendheart."

He prepares his voice once more, this time with a softer tone and more directed towards the houses.
After all, he already trained for this during the mock test...

"A rescue team is here! Seek further cover in your houses until we have dispatched the Fiends and listen to further commands. You will be saved!"

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 23, 2021, 04:39:57 pm »

Arnett wanted to say something— anything, really, especially once his legs seemed to come unfrozen. However, everyone had so much to say, so much voice and passion... Arnett felt like basically anything would be parroting them. Even if he introduced himself— Arnett Sokolov, only one half of a name that Justice really cared about... It didn't and wouldn't have the same effect as Orrel did.

Arnett resigned himself to giving chase after Kruger— his eyes tried to dart towards Justice, to give him any sort of words... But... Perhaps people like that didn't deserve words. Even if they were to idolize his father... It didn't excuse the things that he did. The mess that he left that they now had to clean up.

Paintbrush in hand, Arnett kept his legs moving out of fear that they would freeze up again.

"Deep breaths, Sokolov-... Arnett. Deep breaths..."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #979 on: February 23, 2021, 04:45:54 pm »

The air around Lin became increasingly torrid as the man continued, flaring when it was made clear that the village was not as empty as he claimed. The belgor breathed heavily, knuckles turning white around the haft of her axe. She stared at the ground intensely until her head finally snapped upward.

"How about you go seek your fucking Calamity and die in it." She joined Kruger in stalking directly toward the man, though Lin was fully prepared to split Justice in half if he stood in her way.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 23, 2021, 05:45:55 pm »

Justice glances between the endangered villagers and Rika, the grip on his sword tightening. For a moment, it seems almost as if he might help.

But then Lin, Astrea and Orrel speak, and his expression hardens.

The ground continues to rumble. It has been since the beginning of the conversation.

A gigantic, monstrous turtle appears, smashing through the treeline, a gigantic, armored figure standing atop the beast.
"W-what is that thing?!"
"A Greater Adamantoise Fiend? Here?!"

"Out of our way, Order scum. We have work to do. And, you, Justice. We are not here to negotiate."

The armored figure glares at Justice. The Salis almost seems afraid for a moment, before growling and turning back towards the students.

"Fine, have it your way! It seems you don't understand at all! Fine."

Through the trees, men in unmarked clothing and Fiends pour into the area, heading into the village. Professor Estelle clenches her fists.
"I see. So that's how it is."
"Students, hold this area. Professor Ramsay and I will hold off the side to keep you from being flanked. Professor Ververs will join us there. Your priority is to get the villagers to safety. Apprehend this...."Justice" if you can. We have to get to the bottom of this."

A Fenris Fiend takes that opportunity to jump on a seemingly unprotected Arnett, surging from the woods with a deep, hungry growl before pouncing into the air and upon the young man.

Before it can even get close, however, a fist swirling with green energy slams into the Fiend's underside, before a swift, robe-covered knee smashes into its side, hurling it into a nearby tree. The loud crack and the unnatural way in which that Fiend's body bends tells you those two hits were enough.

Professor Estelle rubs her fist as the glow around it fades. She calmly adjusts her glasse, them having been slightly tilted by her movement.
"You have your orders. Go."
"Olivia. Stay back here and provide them assistance."
"Understood."
With that, Professor Estelle and Professor Ramsay run off towards the side of the village, Professor Estelle's fists beginning to glow again with the green energy of her Arte.

"Come on, team, we got this! Let's show these....Seekers of Calamity or whoever they are that we're not going to back down!"

Some low-ranking Order troopers appear, looking clearly exhausted. They look very relieved to see you.

"T-thank the Sculptor! We thought we were done for! There's no way we could've held out against them!"
"We'll clear a safe way out! You get the villagers to safety!

~~~~Turn 1~~~~
Player Phase
~~Map Theme (Fodlan Winds)~~
"....you lied to me, Obedience."
"Don't hold it against me, Justice. We are not here to talk with scum. Unless you would like to try your hand against me again, because we know how that ends."
"....damn you."

Meanwile, to the side, Steven and the other students accompanying you prepare for a flank. Steven simply sweeps aside his coat, drawing his sword.
"'Art thou mine worthy enemy, or art thou naught but a jester?' Let us see if these mere Fiends and bandits will bring fire to my heart. Let us commence with their reckoning."
"Andreas, like we practiced. Stick close, okay? I'll protect you, and you protect me. Do you have a plan of action for these Fiends, before we go in?"
Andreas scrutinises the enemy closely.
"...I'd say we need to use the forest to our advantage. Make a choke point so they can't flank 3-F. There's less of us, but the terrain's to our advantage, and between our Artes...."

Katarina, meanwhile, has remained focused, her eyes glaring daggers at Justice and Obedience.
"....never again. Not here. Not ever."
Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
XP: 1/100
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 08:31:35 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 23, 2021, 06:09:22 pm »

K-6, iron gunsen Artes Fenris G
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 06:11:25 pm by Swordstar »

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 23, 2021, 06:11:06 pm »

"We need to clear a path to those villagers quickly! There's no time to waste!"

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 08:32:32 pm by Aurorix »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 23, 2021, 06:13:13 pm »

"She's right. For now, we have the advantage, lets push it. Overwhelm them with our artes if possible, remember they're weak to it and magic. Delwyn, Kruger, do your best to hold the line as needed. We're advancing our line, not retreating, no matter what their push back."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 23, 2021, 06:23:52 pm »

"It would appear as though these foes of ours do not know who they are truly conspiring against. Let us grace them with our prowess, and save those that bravely chose to hold the line against these Fiends!"

Reeve to M5, attempt to obliterate Arctos Fiend E with an Arcfire.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 08:08:19 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: February 23, 2021, 06:29:54 pm »

Delwyn's gaze was somewhere between Arnett and the fiends in front of them when Orrel said her name.

"Huh? Yeah, I get it." She slid something away into her jacket. "We just have to do what we came here to do in the first place, right?"

She'd be lying if she said she wasn't affected by all the things that had suddenly happened. People working with the fiends, some talk about Orrel and Arnett's father, not to mention facing down real fiends for the first time. But all of that was noise, out of focus. Somehow she was more curious than nervous.

"All the rest of that trouble can wait."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 06:32:38 pm by Gaterhyme »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 23, 2021, 07:52:59 pm »

"She's right. For now, we have the advantage, lets push it. Overwhelm them with our artes if possible, remember they're weak to it and magic. Delwyn, Kruger, do your best to hold the line as needed. We're advancing our line, not retreating, no matter what their push back."

"Indeed. It cannot hurt to remember the basics of fighting Fiends."
"... My voice... In the end, it too is an Arte... Therefore..."

Kruger takes a very deep breath before he steps forward a bit, touching his scarf for a moment.
He then closes one of his eyes, balancing focusing on what he attempts to do while still being watchful to the enemies' movements. He can manipulate his voice. He can displace it with some focus. All of that is an Arte. So his voice must carry small amounts of Alphinite, and if that was enough to potentially stagger the artificial Fiends to protect his allies during the mock test...
First, he focuses on Cattleya's blade. He silently sings one line from the song he knows by heart - the Rheinberg Anthem - and concentrates the source of his voice around said blade, effectively coating it in the Alphinite of his voice. To the sword's owner, there may be a barely audible humming at best.
Not satisfied with his work, he shifts his voice towards Delwyn's exotic weaponry and attempts the same, singing the next line in the anthem.

Then, his transmission suddenly ends as Kruger was forced to dryly cough a few times. That definitely was his limit. He clears his voice.

"Hrmpf... Cattleya! Delwyn! Mind going to the offense to confirm a theory of mine?"

O5, orders Concentrate Fire on Cattleya and Delwyn.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #987 on: February 23, 2021, 08:00:52 pm »

"Piss off. You in the shoddily forged tin can, too, I'll make all of you burn for doing something like this. I'll stomp your damned faces into the dirt with this leg." She stomped her artificial limb, creating a dull metallic thunk against the ground, as she advanced against the fiends. As if on cue, the environment around her began to blur with the rapid increase in heat. "Muspellheimr!"

L6 before the others move, activate Muspellheimr, hatchet Arctos E
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 08:12:34 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: February 23, 2021, 08:28:52 pm »

"A theory?" Delwyn said in response to Kruger. "At a time like this, against real fiends?" she did not say.

As part of a class, a team... she guessed she didn't distrust him. Especially since it was a time like this.

"Okay. Here goes nothing."

N-5, Dueling Scythe Fenris Fiend I.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: February 23, 2021, 09:36:02 pm »

The air around Lin begins to warm up as she activates her Arte, sinking an axe into the thick hide of one of the bear-like Fiends.
Quote from: Lin
Lin activates Muspellheimr!
Lin's surroundings heat up!

Quote from: Lin vs Arctos Fiend E
(Reeve's Charisma activates!)
(Lin's Daunt activates!)
(Lin's Muspellheimr is active!)
(Lin channels a spirit of fire!)
(Lin is well-fed!)

Lin initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
Arctos Fiend E takes 10 damage!

Arctos Fiend E cannot retaliate!

Orrel, meanwhile, carves up one of the wolves like a holiday dinner.
Quote from: Orrel vs Fenris Fiend G
(Lin's Daunt activates!)
(Orrel dances with the wind!)
(Orrel is well-fed!)
(Orrel is limbered up! +10 Crit)
(Orrel feels the burden of expectations!)

Orrel initiates!
Critical: 9, crit!
Fenris Fiend G takes 66 damage!

Fenris Fiend G is defeated!

Reeve finishes Lin's work with a fireball so massive that, when it finally disappears, where the unfortunate Fiend was once, only ashes remain.
Quote from: Reeve vs. Arctos Fiend E
(Lin's Daunt is active!)
(Lin's Muspellheimr is active!)
(Mordecai's Support activates!)
(Reeve is well-fed!)
(Reeve is overconfident....)
(Reeve flashes over!)
(Reeve presents a light over the earth!)

Reeve initiates!
Hit Rate: 97 to hit
Hit: 87, hit!
Critical: 1, crit!
Arctos Fiend E takes 102 damage!

Arctos Fiend E is defeated!
(Reeve's brilliance shines like burning flame!)

Kruger and Delwyn, meanwhile, execute an attack in coordination, Kruger providing the order and Delwyn executing.
Quote from: Kruger
Kruger executes a Combat Order!
Cattleya and Delwyn are under the effect of Concentrate Fire!

Quote from: Delwyn vs Fenris Fiend I
(Delwyn is well-fed!)
(Delwyn is out of focus.....)
(Kruger's Concentrate Fire is active!)
(Reeve's Charisma activates!)
(Lin's Daunt activates!)
(Lin's Muspellheimr activates!)

Delwyn initiates!
Fenris Fiend I takes 19 damage!

Fenris Fiend I retaliates!