Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 75449 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight
« on: August 05, 2020, 11:27:56 am »

Fire Emblem on Forums: Solrise Academy
~~Game Theme (Untitled World)~~
~~~~RULES~~~~
1. All non-IC stuff is to be posted at the OOC thread. Violators will be whapped given detention.

2. Post formatting mandatory. As such:
Colored normal text for PC speech!
Colored italized text for PC thinking.
*Colored small text or between asterisks for PC whispering*
Normal text for generic descriptive text.
Bolded text for PC actions and orders!

3. Order of battle posts:
Players' actions -> GM resolves -> Player's actions -> GM resolves ... until all player actions have been posted -> GM posts Enemy/Ally Phase and new turn map -> Start again
If you need an action resolved before making another ask in the OOC thread.

4. Don't post until your character is properly introduced!

5. Be active if you can! I don't care if you don't want to RP, but try to post your action within a reasonable time. If you have to be warned several times your character may be automoved or put in the away list. If you can't post for personal reasons, try to warn the rest in the OOC thread. Delegating actions to other people is also allowed.
Definitely not ripped off from Solymr's posts, nope.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 06:48:50 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 11:28:25 am »

Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle

Third-year students at Solrise Academy are the cream of the crop. Having survived three years of rigorous education at the the Academy, honing both their minds and their bodies, the third year students are often prepared for actual combat with Fiends or deployment into Calamity zones after two years of drilling and preparing for it. The final test marking the readiness of a class is traditionally held on the shore of Lake Aubray, with a mock village set up to test the adaptability and combat skills of students before facing facsimilies of real Fiends that are no less dangerous than those which they mimic. Passing this test is essential to advance in Solrise Academy; failure is punished by having to repeat the test until the class passes. Only one class has ever failed to pass the test today, by virtue of having found to have sabotaged the Automata used to run the test.

This year is fairly small, owing to a cheating scandal last year taking out most of who would have been Class 3-G, and so there will only be three tests today. Class 3-A are busy finishing their test, and Class 3-C are due to be tested later in the afternoon. Class 3-F has now come to prepare for their test, waiting just outside of the mock village, hoping that the last two or three years have prepared them for their first real brush with action.

It's about ten thirty in the morning.

The sun shines, its light glinting brightly off the surface of Lake Aubray. Behind you, the deep bell in Forester's Tower tolls, signalling that half an hour has passed, the distant sounds of students milling about during their free periods being drowned out. A rope fence keeps you cordoned off about five minutes' walk from the test village, where you can hear the distant shouts of Class 3-A doing their test, the occasional gust of snowy wind or blast of lightning being visible, or the blast of a mighty, deep horn being heard. None of the teachers are nearby, not that they need to be; you are adults, trustworthy enough to not need to be babysat, and in any case you're fully aware that Professor Ramsay is nearby. The man is strict and suffers fools poorly, though you remember he has somewhat of a soft spot for those who perform well in his Blacksmithing class.

Kaya stretches her arms, yawning. Her eyes are fixed on the village, hoping to catch a glimpse of her friend.
"So, how do you all think they're doing over there?"
//Everyone may post!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 11:42:29 am »

Arnett was quaking in his boots— while he had been prepared for the Academy despite the rigorous coursework, he was still not prepared for a real-world occurrence such as this. He had been hoping to get some actual combat training— stuff to utilize his artwork in battle against actual monsters. However, he hadn't completely perfected his technique, so here he was— waiting for his test where he would essentially be doing nothing. What was also hard to digest was the fact that he couldn't use his Arte, due to his unrefined technique— basically, Arnett was prepared to completely fail.

"Probably a lot better than I'm gonna be doing..." Arnett whispered, somewhat annoyed with himself for threatening to drag down Kaya's positive atmosphere.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 11:48:26 am »

"I'm sure all of 'em are doing fine. You will, too."

Rika idly passed her staff from hand to hand.

"Man alive, if it ain't hot enough to fry eggs on the sidewalk. That water's looking mighty good."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 11:54:00 am »

"Don't worry about it, Arnett. We'll figure out how to do it."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 11:55:35 am »

In contrast to how the prodigy of the Polyions normally acted, Reeve was completely silent as the class waited for their test to begin. Earlier she had made a scene of "stepping up to everyone's expectations and proving themselves as the best students to ever make their way through history, guided by the grand angel of victory". She had even gotten a desk to stand on for her speech, simply to get everyone's attention. But now she was just bored, impatient to show off and forced to wait until Class 3-A finished their own test.

So, with no way to ease her boredom, Reeve merely sat on a log, a blank gaze staring into the distance and head resting on her hands, which in turn were propped up on her drawn up knees,

"I'm sure they're fine, they have quite the shoes to fill with where they came from. Had they been doing poorly I think we would be hearing less of Larson's shouting."

"I'm just hoping they finish up soon, otherwise I might just fall asleep."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 11:55:41 am »

Kruger Ludwig Wallhaim is feeling prepared. He gives his armor and weapon a final quick assessment, pulling out a handkerchief to wipe off what he perceived to be a speck of dust. He then notices that he is about to tug his red scarf for the fourth time since the beginning of the hour, resisting the temptation to give it a tug and placing his hand on the hilt of his sword instead. He gives a passing glance to the rest of his class before facing Kaya.

"Regarding your question, Kaya. I hope they are doing most favorably. It would be no fun if we were to surpass a mediocre score."

Kruger then stares directly into Arnett's eyes for a few seconds as he was talking.

"I believe in your ability to not besmirch our score significantly, Sokolov."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 12:02:39 pm »

Rika put a hand on Arnett's shoulder.

"You just ignore him, honey. He's just antsy."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 12:04:41 pm »

Delwyn mirrored Kaya's yawn. It was probably too warm for her to have her jacket on, but if she took it off, she'd have to carry it, and then that'd get in the way of her kama and it was just a big hassle all around, really.

"Does it really matter what score we get as long as we pass?"

"I sorta want to swim too. Or sleep. Or do anything else. Maybe have a snack."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 12:06:50 pm »

"Well, there's apparently supposed to be big incentives for getting a good grade on the exam. Cash prizes, apparently."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 12:08:32 pm »

Arnett had been hoping his whisper wouldn't be too loud— he was alarmed when it was picked up by a few people. He tried to avoid eye contact with Rika and Kaya, though a small smile tinged his face even if he worried too much about his combat capabilities. Words were difficult to place, though— he was torn between saying thanks and worrying even further.

Kruger's 'reassurance', however, was quite unhelpful. Arnett's smile faded as he went back to avoiding eye contact, stumbling with a 'uh' here and a 'er' there as he attempted to formulate a response. Probably somewhere along the lines of lying about how helpful he'll be.

Rika, thankfully, saved it. A small chirp of surprise popped out at the sudden contact— though the words calmed him down.

"Th-thanks..." Quietly enough that he hoped Kruger wouldn't hear.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 12:16:17 pm »

At the mere mention of the word "prizes", Reeve perked up, filled to the brim in an instant as soon as there was something she could compete for,

"Well, prizes or not, the other thing to keep in mind is the fact that we have expectations to meet and reputations to uphold" she began, pushing herself up and placing her hands on her hips before continuing on,

"As assured as our success is, we do need to put on a show to impress the Professors. Something I have no doubt we will accomplish thanks to our skills and wonderful leadership" Reeve explained, moving one of her hands to her chest as a gesture to herself.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 12:18:12 pm »

"You're welcome."

Rika looked over at Delwyn.

"I know, right? After the test a quick dip sounds plumb inviting."

There was a creek back on the old homestead she'd used to play in when the days got too hot, but there wasn't much like that at Starfall. Having a whole lake seemed a luxury.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 12:18:44 pm »

"You just ignore him, honey. He's just antsy."
"I suggest to not make a judgment of my current emotions, Riesenberg. Worrying about such trivial things clouds your assessment of the battlefield."

"Well, there's apparently supposed to be big incentives for getting a good grade on the exam. Cash prizes, apparently."
"How droll. But I suppose an incentive is an incentive."

He then looks to Reeve.

"Certainly, Not-Representative."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2020, 12:32:41 pm »

Orrel had almost stepped in when Kreuger had insulted his little brother right in front of him. But for the hundredth time this school year already, he'd had to remind himself that his brother could fight his own battles too. Besides, their roommate, the tall transfer student that had been so kind already this year had stepped in instead. And in a less confrontational way than he would have himself. So instead, he contended himself with a long level stare, certainly not a glare, at the rude student before ruffling his brother's hair slightly.

"Come on, Arnett, cheer up. You and Rika just have to make sure we all stay alive, we'll take care of the fighting. Besides, this one isn't really all that scary, I promise."

You would be more confident too if it was your third time doing this, I promise...

But it wouldn't do to focus on that. Shooting Rika a grin and hoping that between the two of them they had cheered him up, he went back to looking over the battlefield. A few final checks of his fans too, including one that was clearly an ancient style, glittering slightly in the sunlight, he nodded to himself.

"Right then. If no one objects, I woud like to volunteer to be a sort of tactician for this group, as I have significant training there and have always achieved high marks in that category. I'm not going to try and control every move on the battlefield obviously, but I tend to have an eye for strategies and movement patterns that could help us perform to the best of our squad's capabilities."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 113