Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 75447 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2020, 12:38:15 pm »

Rika smiled back. She thought she got on well with the Sokolov brothers; she could have had worse roommates, that was for sure.

"If that's what you think is best, all right then. Just so you know, my staff slows our enemies down and I can teleport people. I can't do it very far yet, but I'm training it. Outside of that I'm about as useful as a ship's wheel on a carriage, so don't expect me to be slapping people."

She was pretty strong, but that didn't mean she had any talent for physical combat.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2020, 12:39:57 pm »

"Cash prizes, huh?" Delwyn seemed significantly unimpressed. She guessed others might be more motivated by that sort of thing. And she still didn't know what kind of snack she might want. Maybe some sort of scone?

"I'm pretty sure if we legitimately fail, we'll be making history," she added, providing some rather late encouragement. "Some of us are really into this so that's never going to happen." Cue gesture at Reeve and Kruger, and then, after Orrel made his own announcement, at him too.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2020, 12:40:05 pm »

Arnett let out a small chuckle as his hair was ruffled— despite Kruger's less than stellar attempts at cheering Arnett up, the combined forces of Kaya's pep talk, Rika's pats and Orrel's everything managed to perk Arnett up again. He was very glad the latter two were his roommates— the past two years were not the best for getting Arnett out of his room, but it looked like this year that might change... even if usually he preferred to stay in his room.

"I-I'll try...! I just wish I had prepared a little better so that I could actually help with the front lines... but I'll make sure everyone stays healed. O-Or at least try to," Arnett added, not sure if he was confident enough to get everyone's hopes up.

At least he was standing up a little straighter.

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2020, 12:46:04 pm »

Vicky was currently minding her own business ignoring the majority of her class. To herself she was humming all of her songs to keep each and every one in line should they prove useful in the upcoming test. It was clear that the tiny demoness was lost in her own world, following some rhythm that only she could hear for the moment. She silently strummed at her invisible guitar remembering where eqch and every finger needed to be as she visualized herself in front of a stage once more. Aaaah, she lived for the music. She could feel it course through her as simply as blood through her veins. She was born for this, and she was more than ready. She couldn't handle being silent anymore and vocal warmups were important. She blasted her arte, enhancing the vibration of jer voice, increasing the volume output to the max!

"WOOOOOOAH! HEEEEeeeEeey! Good luck out there other class! Good fight aaand good night~ Metal Devil Queen~" her message definitely carried all the way to the mock village, and it would nearly deafen literally her entire class standing next to her. Vicky didn't exactly think this through, her sounds never caused any harm to herself so she didn't have the best means of grasping the volumes she could reach. It was great for concerts! Less so for open fields however. "We'll kick butt, no doubt about it."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2020, 12:57:15 pm »

"It's real sunny, but.....it's a shame. I'll have to make it rain to make any real use of my ability..."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2020, 12:57:33 pm »

"If you're going to try and insult me Wallhaim, try to do it with something that you yourself can back up. Leadership is less of a role and more of a talent, something I know you may have trouble understanding."

With Wallhaim's rebuke successfully foiled, Reeve turned to the Orrel who stepped up as a volunteer tactician, red eyes scanning his form while she took in his words,

"Hm... Eh, I don't have any objections. This test is mostly for showing off, so I'm not against sharing center stage with others. So go ahead Sokolov, you're free to try and guide my flame as I blaze through-" Reeve began, clearly about to go on a long speech related to her grandeur and abilities... Until Vicky beat her to the punch, sending out a message to the other class and obliterating the eardrums of anyone nearby. Which, unfortunately, included Reeve, caught completely unaware and left as a shivering, kneeling ball as she clamped her hands over her ears, trying to recover without much success.

"Ow, ow, ow, my ears, ow, why, ow."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2020, 01:13:26 pm »

Mus'ad had been silently shuffling the deck of tarot cards he kept on hand, his eyes closed as he silently used his arte to peek ahead a bit at what the future held in store for himself. About ten seconds before Vicky had decided to try to blast out everyone's ear drums, he made a show of pulling out a card, looking at it, and sighing before returning his cards to a pocket and covering his ears in time to avoid the worst of the noise. Opening his eyes, he calmly adressed the devilish woman.
"Please watch the volume Vicky. I know you're excited but you could hurt someone."
Mus'ad glanced at the shivering white haired girl with a slight look of amusement as he said that.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2020, 01:14:52 pm »

"So, you volunteer as tactician, Sokolov..."

Kruger gives in and tugs his scarf once.

"This, of course, means that the burden of passing this test lies on your shoulders. A victory is shared between all of us. A defeat is yours alone. That is what it means to be a tactician."

His hand returns to his hilt.

"... But, very well. As long as your orders are sound, you shall have my blade, Orrel."

After that, he glances to Reeve.

"Leadership is the accumulation of experience, and its result is the showcase of said experience. Talent is a word for simple minds that do not understand the process of accumulating experience. In a way, leadership is a role, the role most fitting for masters of their craft, and most disastrous for students who don't know their place."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2020, 01:16:21 pm »

Luckily for Rika she wasn't as close to Vicky as some of the others were, but she still winced.

"Jeez Louise, that was louder than a set of drums falling down a rocky hill."

"All y'all OK?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2020, 01:19:32 pm »

"Uh-huh. I've worked concerts before, as a gopher, but that was something else...."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2020, 01:34:10 pm »

Arnett's confidence was immediately frazzled, causing his very core to shake and cover his ears while shivering. He really should be used to that by now, but he wasn't.

"O-ow, ow, ow..." His ears were ringing, but the shock of the sudden noise was probably the biggest inhibitor to him.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2020, 01:37:28 pm »

Cattleya had, in fact, drifted off in the warm sun, catnapping and curled up around her enormous sword, taller than the little Felis was. Occasionally her ears twitched and she made some wordless murmur.

Vicky's song was a... rude awakening.

"Gyaah!"

She flailed as she jerked awake, caught her sword as it was starting to fall, and looked about wildly before, seeing nothing important was going on, she straightened the rumpled front of her robe and pretended she'd never been startled at all.

"... W-when are we starting this anyway? "
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2020, 01:45:51 pm »

"We should be up after Team A... speaking of our test, would anyone like to have a quick fortune reading?"
He wouldn't use his arte to actually read the winds of fate, that'd be cheating. But, it's well known that when going to war good omens will boost the morale of the troops. And if anything, Mus'ad was very good at faking good fortune when needed.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2020, 01:54:04 pm »

Though it took her far longer than she would've liked, Reeve slowly recovered from the aftermath of Vicky's message, rubbing her ears with a pained expression as she stood up. The deafening roar followed by the ringing in her ears made it difficult to actually hear, but she could get the gist of what was said around her, even despite the pain those two factors caused.

"No? Maybe? I think I'll be fine, I'll get back to you once I figure that out" Reeve answered, brushing off her cloak. Then, ignoring the pounding headache that rested in her forehead, she turned to Kruger with a frown,

"As for you Wallhaim, yes, true leadership is acquired through experience. However, it's still something that requires a certain aptitude to wield properly. There's plenty of people who accumulate plenty of experience and still botch it up when put in charge, and others who succeed with significantly less. This goes without mentioning the various other factors that comes with being an effective leader, but that's besides the point" she explained, headache finally starting to clear up by the time she finished, allowing the young Polyion to think. Honestly, she just wanted the test to start already, she didn't have the energy to waste arguing with Kruger once again.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2020, 02:01:12 pm »

Orrel flinched slightly as Vicky... "sang" at the other class, likely giving several of the classmates headaches, but eliciting only a sigh from him. His room being situated directly below the... enthusiastic girl's room meant that this was not something he was unused to. In fact, he was far more familiar with it than he would have desired, not that he would say that to her. Whatever his thoughts, she clearly enjoyed it, and he wasn't going to squash that.

As for Kreuger...

"No need to concern yourself there. I'm quite aware of what I've volunteered for. I know the responsibility that weighs on the shoulders of a tactician, but any soldier that wishes to move up in the ranks must be able to show the ability to command. But also the ability to adapt and realize if they are wrong. So don't worry, I'm going to make sure that we do well, even if it means listening to someone else if all else fails. Not that I plan on my strategies failing."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 113