Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 77900 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 1: A Friendly Wager
« Reply #630 on: November 23, 2020, 10:03:53 am »

"Gumbo sounds good indeed. Since we're done with dessert already, and I assume you already filleted the fish, we could work together on it. After that, a basic cabbage salad and we're done."
"Do well and I'll give both of you a bottle of lemonade each."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 23, 2020, 10:45:37 am »

"Yessir I did! Made sure to pick out all the little bones and everything, too."

Rika presented her work: the fish cut well and ready on the chopping block, the large bowl of mashed potatoes, another bowl of fried green beans, and a small plate of deep-fried bread balls.

"These last ones are good for sopping up the sauce out of your soup bowl. Or any sauce."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 23, 2020, 12:21:00 pm »

As a stray gust of wind rustled through the leaves on the tree she was sitting beneath, Delwyn cracked open one eye and half-considered going back to sleep. Finally she yawned, picked up her camera from where it was sitting on her lap, and stood up.

"Might as well do something that looks productive."

Delwyn spends 1 AP at the Gymnasium (+15 Hit), 3 AP at the Stables, 1 AP at the Forge.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 23, 2020, 03:44:37 pm »

@ Felix

Mordecai browsed the shelves a bit longer, but the only item he was actually interested in (a spell invented by the famed druid Duma) was far beyond his limited means. He shook his head at Felix's question.

: "Hm, not today thanks. Not unless you've got some task that pays out eighteen pieces of scrip for me to do.

...You don't, do you?"

@ Reeve

: "Yes, that would be quite unfortunate. A fiend might decide to turn you into a snack." The vampire waited for his shorter companion to finish her stretches, then took off at a fairly easy pace.

: "Well, let's make sure that doesn't happen. I'll run with you for as long as you can manage, then maybe we can do something else." It was pretty obvious that his idea of a "short jog" was somewhat different from Reeve's own.

@ Mus'ad

Mordecai just blinked his red eyes in confusion.

: "What, that's it? I don't know what I was expecting, exactly, but it was something more...revelatory than that. So wait, wouldn't a fake diviner also speak in vague terms? So that they can usually find an interpretation later that fits their prophecies?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #634 on: November 23, 2020, 03:57:44 pm »

"I've had a long time to get used to it." Lin somehow managed to squeeze a shrug in between hammer blows. "Dunno about Steven though. Unless he's made of ice." It was difficult to tell if this was a serious suggestion.

Astrea's rest was quickly interrupted by the clamor of metal falling to the ground. Her new roommate had just walked in, with a mixture of shock and horror at the sight awaiting her.

". . . why?"

The room began to heat up.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 23, 2020, 08:48:25 pm »

Astrea jumped in her chair at the sound of the blacksmith's entrance, quickly closing her book and shoving it off to the side.

"A-ah! Hello there!" Her eyes darted to the floor where even more metal now lie scattered now. Come on! She just cleaned the whole floor from this junk! Astrea raised an eyebrow at her roommate's expression, not that Lin could see it under the mask. Surprise she could understand, but not so much the displeasure coming from her. "Yeeesss... Well, I happen to be your new roommate. My name is Astrea and I just so happened to clean up a bit when I arrived. I'm just taking break for now. I could use a hand though. When do you think you can take care of your pile of clothes?" She tried not to glance at her metal leg too much. At least this explains that mystery a bit.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 24, 2020, 07:30:42 am »

Alicia's face lights up at the offer of assistance.
"Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!"
Mus'ad has accepted the sidequest 'Fire Safety'.

Felix lifts an eyebrow.
"Funny you should mention that."

He dips below the counter for a moment, before picking up a small bulletin board, with several pieces of paper pinned onto it.

"Some people post requests up here to get stuff done. Some people offer the scrip they earn from the stable work up here. Now, I'm pretty sure all the ones that offer scrip have been gobbled up by whoever, but I'm pretty sure there's some stuff still left you might want to look at."

Indeed, as Mordecai examines the board, there's not many requests that offer scrip that haven't been taken up by someone else; requests to help on Professor Estelle's homework, requests to write CVs for places in the City, requests for training and so forth.

However, one request stands out; a request to have tea at one of the rooms in the East Wing.

Layla gives Reeve a look that Reeve cannot quite discern the emotion behind. Is it....validation? Satisfaction? Pride? And if it was pride, is that the pride of a teacher having taught her students well or something else entirely?

"...hm. That's quite an interesting viewpoint, for you. I'd have expected you to expect she would've wanted admiration."

Freddie snorts.
"With the way that man's built, I wouldn't be surprised if they told me he WAS chiseled out of ice. Seems to warm up well enough around Kaya, though."

Orrel steels himself to engage Theodora in combat. The Untouchable Girl was not someone he should take lightly.
Quote from: Orrel
Orrel meditates!
Orrel gains +10 Hit/Crit but -3 DMG until his next Phase!

He throws his fans at her, hoping to bypass her defenses....
Quote from: Orrel vs. Theodora
(Orrel dances with the wind!)
(Orrel's Perfection of Form is active!)

Orrel initiates!
Hit Rate: 79 to hit
Hit: 81, miss!

Theodora retaliates!
Hit Rate: 91 to hit
Hit: 26, hit!
Orrel takes 13 damage!
(Adept check: 5, pass!)

Theodora strikes again!
Hit Rate: 91 to hit
Hit: 76, hit!
Orrel takes 13 damage!

Orrel is defeated!
....and in the blink of an eye, Theodora surges forwards, deftly parrying his fans aside with her lance and with two swift stabs, brings Orrel to his knees.

The fight is over in a few seconds, but Theodora actually looks impressed as she offers him a hand up.

"....good instincts, Orrel."
Theodora has won the duel.

Delwyn
Delwyn runs into Moira working out at the gymnasium herself.
"Working out, are we? Well, your form's good, even if it might leave something to be desired."
Quote from: Delwyn
Delwyn stretches at the Gymnasium!
Delwyn gains +15 Hit for the next map!

Delwyn helps out at the Stables!
Delwyn earns 300 thalers!
Delwyn also gains 3 Academy Scrips!

Delwyn helps out at the Forge!
Delwyn earns 100 thalers!
Delwyn also gains 1 Whetstone!
No more money can be earned from the Forge.

Spoiler: Activity Point Counter (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #637 on: November 24, 2020, 08:00:40 am »

"That was my stuff. Why did you touch it?" Lin took a deep breath.
  Got to. . . stay cool. "I had everything where I needed it, and you ruined it all." Her voice was strained, as Lin stared blankly at the empty space where her projects had been. "I was in the middle of a song. And fixing three different designs. How am I supposed to get any of those done?" Her hands were straight down at her sides, gripping each leg. The room continued to heat up.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 24, 2020, 01:10:01 pm »

Likewise, Reeve merely gives the Professor a more... Confused look, one that was all to familiar to most, despite how much Reeve tried to understand things,

"Well, most depictions of the Goddess that I've seen show her as benevolent, but not caring about the praise and adoration of the masses. I know from my time at this academy that not everyone really cares about demonstrating their skills... Arnett is a good example" Reeve explained, before abruptly running her hand through her bangs, dramatically flourishing her cloak to put emphasis on her point,

"I, on the other hand, have a reputation to uphold as the Polyion Grand Mage. It simply wouldn't do for my accomplishments to be swept away, so if I have to be the one to bring attention to it, then that is part of my duties."

-----------------------------------

"Fear not, I am more than capable of handling myself. I'll have to recount the time where I incinerated a replica of a Great Camazotz Fiend, felling it in one burst of holy flame" Reeve said while waving her hand at Astrea, as if waving off her concerns,

"Regardless, the Third Years are fairly good. They all showcase a remarkable level of skill, though if I had to pick the one that I believe challenges my skills at magic, it would likely be Hoth. Although, you might find the older Sokolov to be your type. He's demonstrated himself as a remarkable duelist thus far."

----------------------------------

"Yes, it would indeed be a shame. The world would have to go on without the light of the Angel of Flame to guide them, struggling against the dark as a young age of fire was brought to an abrupt-" As soon as she began speaking again, Reeve finished with her leg stretching, ready and prepped to launch into yet another long speech as she began to stand up... Only to abruptly stop once Mordecai started to run off once she seemed done with her stretching, leaving the young mage to quickly get to jogging to catch up... Except for her, a 'catch up jog' was more of a full run to get back to where Mordecai was, followed by a mix of fast jogging and slow running in order to stay by his side,

"I don't know how long you think I can go for Hoth, but I'm quite certain that I can run for far longer than that."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 11:49:00 am by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 24, 2020, 01:56:24 pm »

Greenhouse

"Oh...!" Arnett looked rather pleasantly surprised by this fact. "That's kinda funny— I'm in the opposite situation, painting is what actually made me discover my Arte in the first place... That's a really clever use of your Arte, though! I kinda wished mine would help with my painting, it's mostly oriented towards combat..."

Dining Room

"I-I suppose I could let her know," Arnett said with a sheepish look. Was that really something she'd be interested in? He supposed he'd just have to ask. He presented the rice he had harvested from the greenhouse, his rice cooking skills being somewhat inept but hopefully understanding enough. "It's a lot of work cooking for so many people... how do you both manage to stay on top of everything?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 24, 2020, 01:59:01 pm »

"I can't speak for Kruger but I got so many little brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews and whatnot that I got used to busyness. And I like cooking. Nothing brings people together like good food around a shared table, that's what I believe."

Rika took the offered rice and began boiling it.

"I gotta say this rice looks mighty good. I reckon it'll be just as soft and fluffy as you could ask for!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 24, 2020, 02:05:19 pm »

[Lin]

"Because the floor was a mess...? I can't exactly wheel my stuff in without cleaning the floor. Look I'm sorry if I made you mad, but you really shouldn't leave projects all over the ground especially if they're important." Astrea takes the time to go out of her way to clean a mess that this girl made and she gets all mad at her. How was she supposed to know that all this scrap was a project? Also, it shouldn't be summer so why is it so hot in here? "Look, all the stuff I cleaned off the floor is in that garbage bag and the music sheets are stacked on your desk. Just don't leave all your many important pieces on the floor anymore." She crossed her arms in the chair, "Do you want help getting everything sorted again? We could ask the staff for some spare boxes or something to store the parts in to keep them organized but off the floor."

------------------------------------------------
[Reeve]

"Sokolov huh? Maybe I should go check the sparring area or training room to see for myself how good of a duelist he really is..." The angelic knight rubbed her chin trying to imagine what he could be like. If Reeve took notice of him he must be good to get past all her pride.

"Though, I should probably check up on Shin first. That pegasus always has a knack for getting himself covered in mud and debris whenever I leave him... I still don't understand how he survives, especially since I have no idea how he stomachs the garbage he eats from the ground..." At this point she was talking to herself and looking not too pleased.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 24, 2020, 07:18:39 pm »

Cattleya gave a little smile, aiming for smug and coming more as tired.
"Well, it wasn't really your fault. All bunched up like that, it was pretty perfect for my Arte. If you'd had a bit more room to manevour..." Her smile grew a bit more mischievous. "Maybe you would lasted another couple of minutes."

---Dining Room---

Catt, for her part, was not contributing to the meal. She was, however, waiting by dozing at one the tables, ear flicking in her sleep occasionally while she waited for it to be ready.

---Training Room---

After her visit to the sauna to steam away the aches in her muscles, she decided to go to the training rooms - mostly because she hadn't even swung her sword in that last bout.

She'd just exploded. Twice.

As she entered, she saw Orrel and Theodora and nodded greetings.

"Oh, are you two about to spar?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 24, 2020, 07:46:25 pm »

"As for me... As a child, I made a habit out of observing the servants doing their duties. I then recreated their motions in the sanctity of my room, and borrowed books from the library whose topics are as close as possible to what I've observed. I suppose that's how I passed my time inbetween lessons, lectures and fencing training."
"Of course, the imitation doesn't beat actual experience, that's where Rika definitely surpasses me. I only had the pleasure of actual cooking a handful of times in my life."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 24, 2020, 08:01:16 pm »

"Ain't that sweet of you, though?"

Rika could just picture a little kid version of Kruger making imaginary pies and it was adorable.

"Good for you, expanding your horizons. And it never hurts knowing how to fix yourself a decent meal now and again."
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 08:15:10 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 113